The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• You can use Gravatar to get a custom profile image, if that's what you mean?

Is there a way to link it? How does it function? Just make an account and you can link it?

Acheive250 posted: »

You can use Gravatar to get a custom profile image, if that's what you mean?

• Yeah, let me give you an example on how it works;

I used the following email address to make my Telltale account: example@example.com
    So, to get my Gravatar on my Telltale account, I need to make an account for Gravatar with the same email address as I used for my Telltale account: example@example.com.
    Now, I set the profile picture I want to my Gravatar account. Next, I go onto my Telltale account and click on "Gravatar" in the profile picture selection.
    The Telltale website will now search for a Gravatar account with the same email address as the one you used for your Telltale account. One it finds the account, it will set it's profile picture to your Telltale account.

I hope that helps.

Spodes posted: »

You can use Gravatar to get a custom profile image, if that's what you mean? Is there a way to link it? How does it function? Just make an account and you can link it?

• Ah I see, I still don't see the need in removing the Steam profile option as many used it for quick changes, and used the same as their Steam profile picture regardless, but I guess this is the way we'll have to do it from now on. Thanks.

Acheive250 posted: »

Yeah, let me give you an example on how it works; I used the following email address to make my Telltale account: example@example.com So

• edited May 2017

What are some of your favorite [provided] profile pics in this community?

• I can't believe I'm asking this, but was anyone else surprised that Mariana didn't get a mention/appearance in Thicker than Water?

• Mine, duh.

DabigRG posted: »

• edited May 2017

I meant out of the ones provided. :p

fallandir posted: »

Mine, duh.

• The ones that the website provides? Probably the one with season 2 Clementine holding out the Glock 17 moving through the winter, it's actually a really good stock picture in my opinion.

I meant out of the ones provided.

• Why do people love Gabe?

• In general, I would've preferred Mariana to survive, as she was the only person besides Javier that I liked. I detest Gabe, and believe Kate to be braindead, but Mariana seemed to have some intellect and sense of balance, and would be better as a friend for Clem in my opinion (although I really don't care too much, since I don't like Clem this season).

I can't believe I'm asking this, but was anyone else surprised that Mariana didn't get a mention/appearance in Thicker than Water?

• The only somewhat valid thing I've seen is people liking Gabe because they feel bad for him and that "everyone should have a chance, even if they're not that useful" or something. So there's no actual reason they love Gabe...he's edgy, incompetent, and a rat, so I don't know how people would care about him.

The thing is though, I can't even feel bad for him because of his character, at least Ben tried being helpful and had it rough; not knowing his family's state and having to be separate from them since day 1 of the apocalypse, but not Gabe, he's been in a van for 4 years (how the fuck does this van get through 4 years anyways) and can't even defend himself (he also has had his family the entire time, only recently it's falling apart).

AronDracula posted: »

Why do people love Gabe?

• Truth. Nice pose, nice angle, nice expression.

Spodes posted: »

The ones that the website provides? Probably the one with season 2 Clementine holding out the Glock 17 moving through the winter, it's actually a really good stock picture in my opinion.

• For what it's worth, I don't think anyone outright loves Gabe--at least, I seriously doubt it.

Some of us just like the idea of character, his design, his being a major boy character that isn't overtly negative, the seeming deconstruction on how the previous disliked characters worked, whatever it is that appeals to them.

Why do people love Gabe?

• To answer my own question here, Season1Clementine, Larry, Concept!Kenny, Season2Clementine(with the gun), Luke, Nick(eyebrow)Michelle, are probably the better ones. Lee, Lily, Season2Kenny(mainly the one with the gun), Bonnie, Tavia, Sam, Nick(angry), Alvin, and Sarita's are pretty decent too, despite making me raise an eyebrow.

Kinda hoping for an Arvo, Gabe, Ava, and Joan one too.

• Might as well as copy these from my investment thread:

Who is your favorite villain? What is it about them that makes them stand out to you? What do you like to see in villains in general? And what kind of villain would you like to see in the future?

What is the difference between a One-note character, a consistent character, and a driven/directed/whatever character?

• What would be a good title for a thread about wasted character/plot/potential/whatever?

• edited May 2017

Failed Aspirations

or just...

"Wasted characters/plot/potential/whatever thread"

:^)

What would be a good title for a thread about wasted character/plot/potential/whatever?

• How are you able to see what choices carry into episodes through the files?

This is not true. Someone made this up. After looking in the files to see what past choices carried over to episode 4, shooting Lee choice wasn't one of them.

• I'm only disappointed I couldn't tell Gabe that the wrong kid died

I can't believe I'm asking this, but was anyone else surprised that Mariana didn't get a mention/appearance in Thicker than Water?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

She actually does. When you're waiting in the truck, Kate mentions her a few times, and Javier can bring her up, as well.

• call it 'Season 2'

What would be a good title for a thread about wasted character/plot/potential/whatever?

• edited May 2017

I got a Kenny flashback in Episode 4. Cna anyone tell me what happens in all the other flashbacks?

• Do you honestly think Telltale will go through with making Gabentine a thing? Either Determinant or not?

• Oh, okay. I wasn't much of a fan myself, but it still stuck out to me that she was seemingly absent--in an episode called Thicker than Water, no less!

Deltino posted: »

She actually does. When you're waiting in the truck, Kate mentions her a few times, and Javier can bring her up, as well.

• edited May 2017

Personally,(and this is also my hope from the beginning,) I always saw it as a Teen Titans or another action series type of deal: the two are introduced, get shipteased directly or indirectly throughout the story, and then Clementine makes her leave at the end of the installment with the possibility of meeting the Garcias again being alluded to. Maybe even have Javier, Kate, or another character alluding to the idea that Gabe may marry a nice girl one day, with Clementine being the implied topic.

That way, if fans jump on the idea of the two getting together, Gabe may return in Season 6 or whatever with the possibility of a relationship upgrade; if they don't(the most likely scenario no matter what), maybe he'll return with a girlfriend,which/who people will hate anyway thereby avoiding the issue of people not wanting to deal with "Gabetine".

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Do you honestly think Telltale will go through with making Gabentine a thing? Either Determinant or not?

• I hope they drop it completely. I can already sense that huge ass horde of Gabentine fangirls slinking closer

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Do you honestly think Telltale will go through with making Gabentine a thing? Either Determinant or not?

• As @ShaneWalsh said it a couple of times, they wouldn't even be allowed to play this game. I wonder why they're here shipping them both.

hesif posted: »

I hope they drop it completely. I can already sense that huge ass horde of Gabentine fangirls slinking closer

• edited May 2017

I hope so too. There's just so many problems with this possible shipment and it's driving me crazy. Clem is way out of Gabe's league, both mentally and physically. Personally, I think Gabe will only bring her down.

There's absolutely no chemistry between the two either. Clem will constantly keep saving Gabe, who at this point hasn't even killed anything yet this season, and get annoyed with him in a matter of time.

hesif posted: »

I hope they drop it completely. I can already sense that huge ass horde of Gabentine fangirls slinking closer

• Who is your favorite villain? What is it about them that makes them stand out to you? What do you like to see in villains in general? And what kind of villain would you like to see in the future?

Norma. I thought she was a refreshing change, as unlike Carver, she wasn't the predictable out and out evil-doer. She was simply a woman who was trying to preserve her community and in that, she could be reasonable and understanding. Yet, when she lost everything, she did prove to be somewhat ruthless. And her protection of her brother, despite his clear psychotic and twisted ways, also amplifies her a role as a villain. My only complaint about Norma was that, while she was indeed complex and not one dimensional, she wasn't a very entertaining villain. I tend to like villains that have a touch of dark humour and a dry wit, both of which Norma lacked, and a dose of more violence from her would've made her seem like much more of a threat. In that regard, I preferred her brother even if he was one dimensional.

In general, though, Nate's probably my favourite villain from the series. But Norma's the best written. If Telltale could find a good balance between Nate's psychotic nature and Norma's understanding, I think they'd hit the mark.

Might as well as copy these from my investment thread: Who is your favorite villain? What is it about them that makes them stand out to y

• What's with these fucking "If you...., you're a hypocrite" shit threads?

• I don't know how else to answer that besides "Telltale puts them in the files." Just have to find them.

TinyCarlos posted: »

How are you able to see what choices carry into episodes through the files?

• There's no flashback for alone or Wellington. In the Jane flashback Clementine and Jane talk about Kenny and Carver as they are burning bodies including Carvers.

I got a Kenny flashback in Episode 4. Cna anyone tell me what happens in all the other flashbacks?

• You're browsing Telltale Community, there's only a few good threads, and the rest is shit.

What's with these fucking "If you...., you're a hypocrite" shit threads?

• edited May 2017

Are Joan's goons some of the dumbest bad guys ever? I'm mainly talking about the ending to EP4.

EDIT: Skip to 2:18 because the link isn't going to the right spot for some reason.

There are four people fighting against Joan's goons here (Kate and determinately Conrad arrive towards the end of the fighting so I don't count them).

• David is either being hung or having a scuffle with Clint.
    • Gabe is completely unarmed and runs onto the stage with at least 3 bad guys around it. No one bothered to shoot him at the start of the fighting or if they did they have terrible aim.
    • Clem has a gun and can fight though she would be outnumbered by the two NF members in front of her. Not to mention there were two NF members with guns behind Clem and Gabe's heads as shown when choosing between Ava/Tripp. I guess Javi shooting Joan/David fighting Clint scared them off.
    • Javi has a gun and shoots well, though the NF member with shades decides to randomly give up on shooting Javi even when the latter is slowly climbing the stage.
    • David, Gabe, and Javi are on the stage for a long time. The only one person that tries to do something is someone who literally brought a knife to a gun fight.

Is there a good reason that they couldn't kill the bad guys aside from keeping the plot going?

• If you had to choose one character from the games and one character from the comic to make a new Walking Dead Telltale game, who would you choose?

I'm going for Carl and Clementine in their current ages. I can see these two having lots of chemistry together and their choices affecting the view of each other.

• This may or may not be related to my theory that will most likely end up being debunked in the finale, but I'll ask it here: Why wasn't Conrad the one getting his lights knocked out by Ava if he's alive?

• Because Telltale wanted to show how tough Ava is and if she punches Conrad then ~85% of players wouldn't see that

This may or may not be related to my theory that will most likely end up being debunked in the finale, but I'll ask it here: Why wasn't Conrad the one getting his lights knocked out by Ava if he's alive?

• For the shades guy, I thought of this when it happened

"Oh, look an easy target, let me shoot that guy"

(After shooting knife soldier)

"Aw shit, he loaded, better not mess with that"

BC_Guy posted: »

Are Joan's goons some of the dumbest bad guys ever? I'm mainly talking about the ending to EP4. EDIT: Skip to 2:18 because the link isn't

• They could've determinantly made Conrad angry instead of Tripp since in Michonne, either Gabby or Jonas are pissed at Michonne and do the deed depending on Zachary's fate.

Because Telltale wanted to show how tough Ava is and if she punches Conrad then ~85% of players wouldn't see that

• edited May 2017

So is Rufus an underling soldier? He was in the group with Max, Badger and Lonnie while in the junkyard. If he was alive, he doesn't get a determinant scene with the guys who raided the communities. So would he not have known about Joan's plans and just came along for the ride doing what is told to him?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.