Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about GOTG Edition

Comments

• If you gave Thanos to the Collector, you show up as Nebula is choking Vylly. She has already stolen Thanos (or at least that's how it went for me, I went there second, after Rocket's mission). Nebula and Gamora have a sword fight, then Gamora gets her arm trapped in a giant black hole-ish, tar type of crystal of the Collector's. She tosses Star-Lord one of her swords, then he and Nebula fight a bit. A glass case breaks, sending these duplicating mines to float around the room. Soon, Gamora manages to get Nebula's robot hand stuck in the other side of the crystal, and all the mines go off, electrocuting everyone, but freeing Nebula and Gamora. Nebula starts crawling to the other side of the room where her arm is, but you stop her and capture her.

The end.

TrashJesus posted: »

How different is the scene with Nebula if you gave Thanos to the Collector?

• HiroVoidHiroVoid Moderator

If you go there first, you start off conversing with Vylly and you catch Nebula trying to drag Thanos. The big difference between going first and later seems to be her managing to retrieve Thanos.

AChicken posted: »

If you gave Thanos to the Collector, you show up as Nebula is choking Vylly. She has already stolen Thanos (or at least that's how it went f

• Ah... very cool. You can also warn the Collector's museum, and (if you arrive there later) Nebula mentions "Your warning came too late."

Seriously, this series is very Minecraft Story Mode-esque in its choices. Sure, everything ended up mostly the same in the end here, but there are so many differences to how everything played out! The level of detail and of small, inconsequential events that happen are phenomenal! I'm really liking this series.

HiroVoid posted: »

If you go there first, you start off conversing with Vylly and you catch Nebula trying to drag Thanos. The big difference between going first and later seems to be her managing to retrieve Thanos.

• If you went with the Collector, you can call the Nova Corps (for whatever reason you'd want to), but they tell you that you have been blacklisted and they cannot speak to you because of the sudden disappearance and wrongful disposal of a "Class-Z object" (most likely Thanos' body). They hang up on you, and you can no longer call them.
    And if you did go to the Collector in EP1, you retrieve Nebula from there. You don't get a whole conversation with the guy at Nova HQ, because you wouldn't be there.

matteso586 posted: »

Was the Nova Corps guy's dialogue affected by where you go to in Episode 1?

• What do you miss out on in Halfworld if you go there after getting Nebula.

If you gave Thanos to the Collector, you show up as Nebula is choking Vylly. She has already stolen Thanos (or at least that's how it went f

• Not too much.

Star-Lord is walking through the forest and finds the lab. He calls inside for Rocket, no response. He turns around and finds Rocket digging up Lylla's grave. Here you have a dialogue option of saying "Here let me help you...", "Give me the Eternity Forge", [silence], or "Don't get your hopes up"

(I chose "Here let me help you")
    Rocket lashes out and says "You already had your chance!". He hesitates for a moment, and then he gets his flashback. The same thing happens onward from there. When you get back to the ship, you can either say "Don't lose hope", "No more running off", [silence], or "I should have helped you first."

(I chose "I should have helped you first")
    Rocket tells you "You had your own crap to worry about..."

Choosing to go to Halfworld or Nebula first changes a certain moment in the "next time on" sequence: Gamora is annoyed you went for Rocket first, so she explains that Peter can be pretty immature, and he really drives her CRAZY.
    Rocket is annoyed you went to deal with Gamora's problem first, so he says that Star-Lord is probably the worst person in the whole galaxy. He started thinking about leaving again. "Oh yeah, I threatened that all the time. But this time I meant it."

So, tensions will rise for the next episode, it seems, depending on how you place your loyalty.

What do you miss out on in Halfworld if you go there after getting Nebula.

• So choosing to go with Rocket or go after nebula mostly affects how you capture her. While the first option seems more interesting I'm happy with accompanying Rocket first and foremost.

Not too much. Star-Lord is walking through the forest and finds the lab. He calls inside for Rocket, no response. He turns around and fin

• Nebula is voiced by Ashly Burch aka Chloe Price.

• And now I fear for Drax's life. Telltale, don't you dare do anything to him.

AgentZ46 posted: »

As of right now Drax is the only Guardian not present during the Next time on interviews.

• Nebula is voiced by Ashly Burch aka Tiny Tina.

Ah, much better.

ClemRanger posted: »

Nebula is voiced by Ashly Burch aka Chloe Price.

• -Telltale chews loudly-

And now I fear for Drax's life. Telltale, don't you dare do anything to him.

• you show up as Nebula is choking Vylly

Handsome Jack will remember that (?).

• Enough with the snacks!

-Telltale chews loudly-

• Sorry...
    "STRANGULATING"

you show up as Nebula is choking Vylly Handsome Jack will remember that (?).

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

You can follow a trail of candy wrappers in the Milano in episode 2, Star-Lord questions who has left all of these lying around but once you find the last one you get your answer.
    enter image description hereenter image description here

• The greatest plot twist of any Telltale game!

dojo32161 posted: »

You can follow a trail of candy wrappers in the Milano in episode 2, Star-Lord questions who has left all of these lying around but once you find the last one you get your answer.

• For those who have played Mass Effect: Andromeda, Lylla is voiced by Fryda Wolfff, aka Sara Ryder

• You can have all of the Guardians toasting in the bar by telling Drax he got his revenge and bragging on Rocket.

• I say this was the best scene in all of the episodes so far. I laughed like crazy for several minutes xD

• A caper almost as thrilling as Wolf Among Us!

• edited June 2017

Drax can understand Groot. If you tell him to find a purpose with Groot, Drax can be found in the engine room having a conversation with him.

"I am Drax." - Drax.
    "I am Groot." - Groot.

New dialogue appears if you send him. Star-Lord can remark that the two seem to be getting along, which Drax will agree to. Drax can make Groot laugh actually with a killer ass line: "I am Drax."

Also, if you say that you'll understand Groot one day, Drax will chime in with saying "I can teach you."

I wonder if Drax knew how or if five minutes with Groot is all it takes to understand.

• Whoa. I was going to interject here saying that Drax is probably just copying Groot (as he wants a purpose, and is taking groot's way of speaking literally) but after further analysis of your comment, that is really interesting! :)

RhysAndLee posted: »

Drax can understand Groot. If you tell him to find a purpose with Groot, Drax can be found in the engine room having a conversation with him

• What happens when you tell drax to find a purpose in each guardian?

• If you tell him to go to:

Rocket
    Rocket gets annoyed by him and tells him to go look for a tool he can use. The tool doesn't exist though so Drax is left looking around and you can let him keep searching or tell him the truth.

Groot
    Drax talks to Groot but he keeps saying "I am Drax" and Groot keeps saying "I am Groot".

No idea what happens if he goes to Gamora.

funkydawg05 posted: »

What happens when you tell drax to find a purpose in each guardian?

• Which choices give the most content / best story out of these two:

• Collector or Nova Corps
    • Bring Gamora or Drax onto the ship
  • I think the Nebula fight at the Collector's place is cooler than the little space battle with the Nova Corps.

Which choices give the most content / best story out of these two: * Collector or Nova Corps * Bring Gamora or Drax onto the ship

• I liked fight in Collector museum also more enjoyable. Also I think music was different (much better imo).

TrashJesus posted: »

I think the Nebula fight at the Collector's place is cooler than the little space battle with the Nova Corps.

• edited June 2017

In episode 1 you can tell Drax to let you try his drink, and Starlord immediately chokes and spits it all out.

In Episode 2 you can tell Drax "We shared a drink" when he asks whether you're the real Peter. You get a notification "Drax does remember that" and he laughs and puts his blades away.

• edited June 2017

Seriously... The amount of inconsequential yet attention to detail for minor (and sometimes major) choices in this game is insane!
    This is the "tailoring" I've dreamed of!

In episode 1 you can tell Drax to let you try his drink, and Starlord immediately chokes and spits it all out. In Episode 2 you can tell

• I know right? And I'm honestly surprised that this game isn't getting as much attention, I feel GotG is a real improvement for Telltale.

Seriously... The amount of inconsequential yet attention to detail for minor (and sometimes major) choices in this game is insane! This is the "tailoring" I've dreamed of!

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff

Hi, designer of the episode here. Just want you to know that this comment made my day. Carry on.

Ah... very cool. You can also warn the Collector's museum, and (if you arrive there later) Nebula mentions "Your warning came too late."

Yay!! I'm so glad people found this!! We had so much fun adding it in :)

• Aww thank you! Also you're welcome!
    You guys do superheroes quite well. Batman, Guardians... I'm sure you can pull off so much more!
    You guys actually got me interested in comic book lore (more specifically, Guardians' lore) with this series!

Hi, designer of the episode here. Just want you to know that this comment made my day. Carry on.

• Preach. B)

prink34320 posted: »

I know right? And I'm honestly surprised that this game isn't getting as much attention, I feel GotG is a real improvement for Telltale.

• Not exactly said in game, but Hala the Accuser was only introduced in the comics in Guardians of Knowhere #3, which came out in October 2015. I find it fascinating that Telltale chose her, a rather obscure character as the villain rather than a more established or even newly created character for the game.

• I guess that adds to her mysteriousness. We don't know her character all that well yet, and her past isn't as defined or diverse like other villains.

She's more unpredictable. We don't know what rules she lives by, if any.

Not exactly said in game, but Hala the Accuser was only introduced in the comics in Guardians of Knowhere #3, which came out in October 2015

That's honestly all any of us could ask for. It's a pleasure. Thank you :)

Aww thank you! Also you're welcome! You guys do superheroes quite well. Batman, Guardians... I'm sure you can pull off so much more! You guys actually got me interested in comic book lore (more specifically, Guardians' lore) with this series!

• In Episode 2, if you go to talk to Rocket too many times he will just ask you if you have anything better to do

• There is a child-Like poster outside Gamora´s room in episode two that sats "CAMP CRITTER" with animals on it . Maybe it´s Peter´?

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited June 2017

Okay, so this isn't actually in the game, but it's cool anyway.

So ELO's "Livin' Thing". Main menu song, right? Seems like a pretty good fit. Well, apparently, the game was not the first place it could have been.

It was considered for the first film.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/08/how-guardians-of-the-galaxy-music-soundtrack-was-chosen.html

The synths and space-age tones of the Electric Light Orchestra would have fit well with the Guardians aesthetic. But Gunn couldn’t find a way to fit them into the movie. “There was one scene written around ‘Livin’ Thing’ by ELO, another montage, that was cut from the film,” says Gunn. “ I didn’t want to cut the sequence — I really liked it — but it seemed better for the overall film. The whole crew besides me and Kevin Feige thought it should stay. Who knows? I think ELO seems like the ultimate Guardians band, so I’m sorry none of their tracks are in the film.”

But not just the first movie, the second movie too!

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/animated-baby-groot-epic-opening-guardians-galaxy-vol-2-150705.html

In the end, the studio effectively had to animate the sequence twice, partly because the song choice changed to ‘Mr. Blue Sky’ by Electric Light Orchestra (it was originally the same band’s “Livin’ Thing”), and partly as a result of the first pass appearing almost too ‘human.’

ELO did get "Mr. Blue Sky" in the sequel, thankfully.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.