Which theories, did you have while playing TWD for the first time.

Comments

• Clementine and Gabe would come into minor conflict in regards to their respective feelings about David.

Eleanor would become near overwhelmed with grief after her plan regarding Richmond failed.

Gabe would help David and determinately Ava overthrow the remaining Council member, with his relationship with Javier playing a part in how comfortable he is with it.

• None,
    I saw telltale coming miles before a lot of people, when they start to announce the game I said :
    "people are going to be very pissed off when they'll see they won't play with Clementine"

Then it happened !

If I bought it, it is because I saw a player made the videos of the game when he was playing the 4th first episodes !
    Then I realised I'd like it in dispite we can't play with Clem !

So I played knowing a lot about the story
    The only suprise was then in the fifth episode but that one is very short and the only suprise is when Ava save you, then replay the game and Tripp save you
    Ava fall, but Tripp launch the undead like "oh a mousquito" XD

• Dat feeling when you say you'll watch something and still haven't over a half year later.

DabigRG posted: »

In my own personal opinion, the game and the comic are definitely above the show. I don't think it's bad per se, but the quality is r

• edited June 2017

S1
    E3. When investigating the stolen supplies, I figured Doug was doing it. I eliminated Lilly, Clem and Duck for obvious reasons. I ruled out Lee, but held reservations for a really big twist that it was Lee all along (honestly would have been really cool i think :). Katjaa I dont think is strong willed enough to make a decision like that on her own and Kenny I felt was too big headed and brash to make "deals" with anyone for any reason. Ben was a bit of an unknown and felt was too obvious of a target. Which left Doug, who when you speak to, actually seems VERY suspicious to me. He starts off with how he feels hes been useless and doesnt want to go on watch to shoot anyone, which I take as him trying to get feelers to see if he can admit himself for doing it, as a sort of task that hes capable. Then, when you ask about the flashlight and chalk, he avoids the question and just goes on about flashlights and gypsum. I know its in Doug's personality to be weird like that, but still.

E4. I thought when Ben showed up with the Hatchet in the hallway, "LOL nice job with continuity error Telltale." I honestly was shocked that Ben was that stupid and that Ben showing up with the hatchet was a mistake in the writing. Also, I had the same theory as the poster above that Molly swapped out a dead battery, maybe to steal the boat once it was in the water and ready to go, hoping to steal it when half the group went out to look for another battery.

400 days: This theory is yet to be unproven and I still think it holds true because I think Bonnie is a total bitch. After Bonnie's story, she met up with Tavia's group, when they soon learned of the survivors near the gas station, they sent Bonnie as a plant to stay with them a little while to convince them to post on that message board and equally convince them to go with Tavia when she arrived. This is also why Bonnie will ALWAYS go with Tavia, because she is already part of Tavia's group.

EDIT: E5.
    Forgot about this one, but at the end of E5, before Lee even gets bitten, I thought it was a dream sequence and just shrugged off when he got bit. The last time Lee peacefully woke up was the dream in the RV, which I immediately thought off and became apprehensive of, then when he walks down the stairs, the house is DEAD QUIET, no sign of anyone else. He keeps walking outside and still, none of the group are around and it seems like Lee is being guided by something, he didnt check anywhere in the house, he just beelined outside, it was like he was in his own self contained bubble. Then when the group started walking up to him, I was like wait a minute... maybe this isnt a dream...

• In one of the tapes, you can clearly see his name badge says "Dr. Walter Ashe" on it for a few seconds, despite Anna calling him Dr. Logan and his locker also labeled as such.

If it were true, not only it would add immense depth to Molly's rather shallow character Yeah: that she's a bitch. However, wh

• Oh, that! Okay then. Perhaps he's an out of town doctor who's borrowing someone else's uniform.

Apples posted: »

In one of the tapes, you can clearly see his name badge says "Dr. Walter Ashe" on it for a few seconds, despite Anna calling him Dr. Logan and his locker also labeled as such.

• I was hoping for David and Javier to be the only ones of the family to survive and have Kate and Gabe.

• I ruled out Lee, but held reservations for a really big twist that it was Lee all along (honestly would have been really cool i think :).

I can't help but feel that would've been really stupid.

E3. When investigating the stolen supplies, I figured Doug was doing it. Which left Doug, who when you speak to, actually seems VERY suspicious to me. He starts off with how he feels hes been useless and doesnt want to go on watch to shoot anyone, which I take as him trying to get feelers to see if he can admit himself for doing it, as a sort of task that hes capable. Then, when you ask about the flashlight and chalk, he avoids the question and just goes on about flashlights and gypsum. I know its in Doug's personality to be weird like that, but still.

Huh. That's actually a very good point I never thought about. Of course, the first playthrough I saw(SGB) picked Carley instead, so I wouldn't have guessed anyway.

400 days: This theory is yet to be unproven and I still think it holds true because I think Bonnie is a total bitch. After Bonnie's story, she met up with Tavia's group, when they soon learned of the survivors near the gas station, they sent Bonnie as a plant to stay with them a little while to convince them to post on that message board and equally convince them to go with Tavia when she arrived. This is also why Bonnie will ALWAYS go with Tavia, because she is already part of Tavia's group.

That's a really good theory actually. Not quite sure how that makes her a bitch exactly, but a good theory.

E5.Forgot about this one, but at the end of E5, before Lee even gets bitten, I thought it was a dream sequence and just shrugged off when he got bit. The last time Lee peacefully woke up was the dream in the RV, which I immediately thought off and became apprehensive of, then when he walks down the stairs, the house is DEAD QUIET, no sign of anyone else. He keeps walking outside and still, none of the group are around and it seems like Lee is being guided by something, he didnt check anywhere in the house, he just beelined outside, it was like he was in his own self contained bubble. Then when the group started walking up to him, I was like wait a minute... maybe this isnt a dream...

Holy shit....

S1 E3. When investigating the stolen supplies, I figured Doug was doing it. I eliminated Lilly, Clem and Duck for obvious reasons. I ruled

• edited June 2017

My other references for some episodes to watch are:

Season 5, Episode 1 - No Sanctuary
    Season 5, Episode 10 - Them
    Season 4, Episode 8 - Too Far Gone
    Season 3, Episode 12 - Better Angels

:)

LOL didn't realize how old this was! XD I doubt you'll watch, but in case you decide, those are some of my favorites.

In my own personal opinion, the game and the comic are definitely above the show. I don't think it's bad per se, but the quality is r

• Yeah, having trouble finding the appropriate source and the motivation to actually watch the damn thing.

Thanks anyway!

BroKenny posted: »

My other references for some episodes to watch are: Season 5, Episode 1 - No Sanctuary Season 5, Episode 10 - Them Season 4, Episode 8

• Im just saying Im more inclined to believe that Bonnie is very deceptive and manipulative because I think shes a bitch from her appearance in S2.

And yeah, they were very transparent about Lee from the getgo, it would have been really interesting to have a reveal that the character your playing is actually independently sabotaging his own group without your realizing what your doing. Like, try to subtly make it look like hes investigating, while really, hes trying to frame someone. Didnt think it would happen, but it would have been one hell of a twist

I ruled out Lee, but held reservations for a really big twist that it was Lee all along (honestly would have been really cool i think .

• edited June 2017

Unlike most people here, I started with All That Remains before watching a single episode from S1. If anything I probably watched small clips or videos or S1. When All That Remains was released I thought the season would be a lot more darker based off the episode slides. After watching All That Remains, I went back and did my research on S1. It's hard to remember my theories since S2 was awhile back. I remember thinking the group would be in much harsher conditions while being held at Carver's camp. I envisioned Carvers camp to be more of like a prison. Based off the episode slide I predicted somehow Rebecca and Clem would end up alone and Rebecca would die during childbirth. By Amid The Ruins, the group would escape Carver's. Most of the cabin group would be dead at this point and the group consisted of Clem, the 400 days characters, new people, and maybe Luke or Nick. I thought the episode would take place during the night, and maybe they'd join a cult of some sorts. I didn't know what to think of that slide. By No Going Back, the majority of the group would freeze to death, and Wellington ended up being a hoax. I just visioned S2 being much more ominous. I thought hopelessness would play a much bigger part in the season.

• And yeah, they were very transparent about Lee from the getgo, it would have been really interesting to have a reveal that the character your playing is actually independently sabotaging his own group without your realizing what your doing. Like, try to subtly make it look like hes investigating, while really, hes trying to frame someone. Didnt think it would happen, but it would have been one hell of a twist

I suppose. It just sounds like one of those things where the writer is trying to hard to be clever.

Im just saying Im more inclined to believe that Bonnie is very deceptive and manipulative because I think shes a bitch from her appearance in S2.

Eh, I don't know. She always struck me as a poor liar and too nice an enemy unless she's really mad at you.

Im just saying Im more inclined to believe that Bonnie is very deceptive and manipulative because I think shes a bitch from her appearance i

• edited June 2017

did you have any theories, that afterwards really made you laugh, or think god what was i wrong about that.

I had a theory that A New Frontier would be a gud game ;)

Being serious I can't really recall any theories I had while playing Season 1 and 2 but I did have two theories for A New Frontier:

1. Nate from 400 days would be the leader of A New Frontier- "What? Cocoa's talking about Nate again? What a fucking shocker!" Yeah, I won't get into this again, but Nate turning out to be the villain just seemed to make sense. The jackass nobody liked who had no closure to his arc comes back to become a Negan-like leader of a giant settlement and terrorize the protagonists.

2. The love drama would include Eleanor too. I thought the drama would be between Kate, Eleanor and Javi. I think that would've made it much more interesting.

• This is isnt so much a theory as a thought that made me laugh, but writing about dream sequences made me remember it.

When Clementine gets shot in S2E5, she starts dreaming of Lee in the RV. I then burst out laughing, because this was the same scene where Lee dreamed of Clem attacking him. So I thought it would have been hilariously bad writing if this was TT way of revealing that the reality was the opposite, Clem really did die in the RV, and all of the second half of S1 and S2 were him dreaming of what would happen if she had survived. It would be an existential moment where he realizes that there wouldnt be a happy end even if she hadnt died in the RV.

• David's followers, lead by Gabe/Ava, Fern, Max, and/or Shades-Chick, would storm the "Hearing" stage to free him so he can lead a threeway civil war.

• Were you expecting Carley to be the traitor for the people who chose her in episode 1?

S1 E3. When investigating the stolen supplies, I figured Doug was doing it. I eliminated Lilly, Clem and Duck for obvious reasons. I ruled

• I mean, I already knew it was Ben by that point, so I never really thought of it

darthsansa posted: »

Were you expecting Carley to be the traitor for the people who chose her in episode 1?

• Was also expecting that, I guess we expected too much of TT and we instead got a laughable execution power show and a nonsensical car crash.

David's followers, lead by Gabe/Ava, Fern, Max, and/or Shades-Chick, would storm the "Hearing" stage to free him so he can lead a threeway civil war.

• Was also expecting that, I guess we expected too much of TT and we instead got a laughable execution power show and a nonsensical car crash.

David's followers, lead by Gabe/Ava, Fern, Max, and/or Shades-Chick, would storm the "Hearing" stage to free him so he can lead a threeway civil war.

• Yeah, seriously. Still could've worked that into the family, though.

Was also expecting that, I guess we expected too much of TT and we instead got a laughable execution power show and a nonsensical car crash.

• Shades-Chick

Who?

• When I found this game, S1 was over, so these theories belong to S2 and ANF.

S2:

-Luke was the baby's father: when I saw a vine from Telltale where Luke and Rebecca were talking, I thought that he was the baby's father. It was really stupid.
    -Winston was a good guy: I was an idiot for thinking that.
    -Carver was going to last longer and he was going to get "his son" killed: I dont even remember why I thought about that.
    -Clementine was going to choose between Luke and Kenny.

ANF:

-The New Frontier had more than one base: When Jesus said "they took over Richmond" I thought we were going to see at least another NF Base.
    -Gabe was going to decide between Javier and David based on our choices: this would have been better for the finale.
    -Clementine would have an adult friend that was going to be the leader of a group of road survivors: I'd say Tripp fits for this role, but he is not what I imagined.

• Her.
    enter image description here

Credit to @Jayroen.

Shades-Chick Who?

• Not to mention her second death kinda goes against logic...

• The planks fell before she did but she gets stuck under them somehow.
    • Jane wasn't able to get Sarah out because the plot planks were immovable.
    • Literally no one else did anything to try and save her - Mike and Bonnie shot a walker each and they had more ammo to spare and could've killed the rest of the walkers.

I think, both of her death-scenes where really cruel and from my point of view, totally unnecessary,to add into the story. It felt to me like, cheap-shock value.

• -Luke was the baby's father: when I saw a vine from Telltale where Luke and Rebecca were talking, I thought that he was the baby's father. It was really stupid.

I recall hearing about this, but don't remember seeing it.

-Winston was a good guy: I was an idiot for thinking that.

Cheh, especially given his very rough facial design.

-The New Frontier had more than one base: When Jesus said "they took over Richmond" I thought we were going to see at least another NF Base.

Yeah, I did too.

-Gabe was going to decide between Javier and David based on our choices: this would have been better for the finale.

Agreed.

-Clementine would have an adult friend that was going to be the leader of a group of road survivors: I'd say Tripp fits for this role, but he is not what I imagined.

I had a vaguely similar thought when the screenshots of with Ava and Prescott were first put up on the Twitter Page.

When I found this game, S1 was over, so these theories belong to S2 and ANF. S2: -Luke was the baby's father: when I saw a vine from T

• Considering Jane said she had been to Washington and dragged her sister Jaime across several states, I think it's definitely possible for her to have been in Crawford. Jane is a survivor but she would've probably ended up leaving Crawford considering they may have seen Jaime as a liability.

When I first played S2 E4 (hope that counts), Jane and Rebecca get into a small argument about Rebecca's baby. When Rebecca accuses Jane of

• I'm betting that this was the original plan but was eventually scrapped.

I thought that teaching Sarah how to shoot would help her in the future. How naive I was...

• Pretty much.

prink34320 posted: »

I'm betting that this was the original plan but was eventually scrapped.

• edited June 2017

I thought that S3 would end with only David and Kate being the determinant deaths. I felt like it would have been too much for Javi to lose Gabe so I thought he would be safe. I just couldn't picture a future with both David and Kate being alive and the whole family still being able to get along.

I had another theory that before all that went down, David would ask us to step aside and not persue Kate (determinantly) out of respect to him. I felt that to have him actually say that to you to your face would have been a powerful moment with huge repercussions to your relationships with both David and Kate.

I expected the final choice to be either staying in Richmond or hitting the road again.

• I thought that the cabin group in season two would be revealed to be the real villains, and that Carver would turn out to be a good guy that they all screwed over somehow in the first two episodes.

• That seemed to be the vibe a lot of people were unhealthily operating by back in the day, oddly enough.

Emmalilly posted: »

I thought that the cabin group in season two would be revealed to be the real villains, and that Carver would turn out to be a good guy that they all screwed over somehow in the first two episodes.

• I thought that S4 would end with only David and Kate being the determinant deaths. I felt like it would have been too much for Javi to lose Gabe so I thought he would be safe. I just couldn't picture a future with both David and Kate being alive and the whole family still being able to get along.
    I expected the final choice to be either staying in Richmond or hitting the road again.

You meant S3 and that was what most of us were expecting in some shape or form.

darthsansa posted: »

I thought that S3 would end with only David and Kate being the determinant deaths. I felt like it would have been too much for Javi to lose

• Ah, the one who was shot by Javier in episode 5.

Her. Credit to @Jayroen.

• Yeah, a bit miffed about that scene. Does that happen even if you left with Kate in Above the Law?

Ah, the one who was shot by Javier in episode 5.

• I thought for sure that Pete's watch (if you picked it up) in S2E1 would save Nick from determinant death of being bitten on the wrist.

• That...sounds silly, but an ingenious way to have gameplay pay off. Kinda like what they did with Conrad.

dinofire posted: »

I thought for sure that Pete's watch (if you picked it up) in S2E1 would save Nick from determinant death of being bitten on the wrist.

• Yup.

Yeah, a bit miffed about that scene. Does that happen even if you left with Kate in Above the Law?

• Man, fuck that opening.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Yup.

• edited June 2017

i was a bit suspicious too when some dialogue popped up like Luke telling Sarah that carlos was a good man which is why he would never do anything ´´Not nice´´ and when its revealed that Alvin murdered his best friend: George.

Emmalilly posted: »

I thought that the cabin group in season two would be revealed to be the real villains, and that Carver would turn out to be a good guy that they all screwed over somehow in the first two episodes.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.