Which theories, did you have while playing TWD for the first time.

Comments

• So im just gonna put some of mine For season 2:

• Since in Harm s way previously had a scene in the preview where either Nick or Alvin were in the torturing chair i was thinking that either one was gonna anger Carver and receive Punishment after you arrive at his group s headquarters ((Howe s.))
    • i thought Clementine would lead Sarah into becoming a survivor.
    • And also of course Luke vs Kenny.
  • edited June 2017

I suspected Carley of stealing the supplies. I don't remember what other theories I had about S1.

Now on ANF:

• Javier would get branded in Episode 3 and David would try to flip him on TNF side.

• David would be the one to kill Badger. That didn't happen. :cry:

• I was afraid that Eleanor was going to die in Above The Law since all the medics die in the third episode. She was also captured by TNF. I was super worried about her!

• I thought that Eleanor was going to be a romance option. How I wish... :(

• Max was going to join our group.

• Tripp would die while confessing his love for Eleanor or saving Javier's life.

• Javier would become the leader of TNF.

• I thought that Kate would become playable alongside Javier at some point.

• I watched a theory about how Winston was a place rather than a person.

DabigRG posted: »

-Luke was the baby's father: when I saw a vine from Telltale where Luke and Rebecca were talking, I thought that he was the baby's father. I

• I was convinced Season 1 would end in Clem's death and not Lees until the end of episode 4

• I had a lot of theories back in the day. Some of them were already mentioned above, but I`ll write them down anyway :)
    So
    Season 1

• In the end Lee will have to put down Clementine. That`s a wild one, got that after finishing Episode 2. Thought that in the end Clem will be bitten and we will have to put her down. After Duck got kind of the same death i abandoned that theory
    • Lee and Clementine will get separated by the end of the season. Still believe that would have been a better ending. Lee does not die, instead he and Clementine get separated in the herd. Then we start Season 2 as Lee trying to cope with losing Clementine. She does not appear in the first episode at all, that way we can really feel her absence. The story can remain the same, only rehased a bit. Basically it is Lee taking Kennys place in the story, but Lee remains playable. He finds the lodge, meets new people, etc. Then in episode 2 we wiil meet Clementine inn the same fashion she met Kenny. We find out that Clementine changed a lot and se have to get to know each other again. The rest of the story can be a mix of what we got in the end, with Lee bashing Carvers face in or leaving him for walkers and so on.
    • In episode 3 i suspected Carly to be the traitor, basically beacuse i read a spoiler, that Lilly will kill her.
    • I thought that Stranger is going to be Andy St. John, since i left him alive, but disfigured by the end of episode 2. After episode 4 i started thinking that Stranger is the relative of the guy whom Lee killed before the apocalypse.
    • I also believed that episode 4 ending was a dream, it kind of looked like it.
    • And as a comic book reader i thought that Lee will be saved by losing his arm.

Season 2

• I thought 400 days will matter
    • I thought Clementine and the group will leave Howe`s without killing Carver and he will try to cath or kill the group again
    • In episode 3 trailer when Kenny takes the crowbar and tells the rest to wait outside, i thought Rebecca died during childbirth and he is going to stop her from reanimating (episdoe 3 thumbnail also drobe me to this conclusion)
    • i thought we were going to meet those who did not join Tavia in 400 days.
    • And of course i believed in Kenny vs. Luke, especially because of the episode 4 trailer thumbnail

Season 3

• My theory was mostly about episode 5. At the beginning Javier saves numerous Riclhmond residents from zombies, thus kind of gaining a bit of trust. Kate is revealed to be alive and they seal the breach, working together with Richmond residents. Javi then rallies part of the New Frontier to fight Joan/Clint and their supporters (thumbnail also gave me that idea). They brand Javi to make him one of their own. Huge battle erupts in the middle of Richmond, dozens of people dying in the shootout. Javiers group are starting to lose, then Jesus shows up sith cavalry. They help us to win. Then Javier gets to decide what to do with Joan/Clint (kill/spare, could also add exile option) After the fight Kate breaks up with David over Javi. David and Javier decide to deal with this on their own outside of Richmond. After they have a harsh argument there, Javi has a choice to shoot David or try to reconcile. If the second option choosen David will start a fight which can also end with him being killed or being alive, depending on if you started dating Kate. Javi then comes back to Richmond and pushed to be New Frontier leader. He then sits in the church, covered in blood from the battle for Richmond, with Kate by his side or alone, wondering if it was worth it. Then we go to Clementine and take control of her and finish the storyline with AJ. She arrives at the ranch and finds him. I don`t know what else could be done with that storyline.

I think that`s all. Thank you for reading :)

• edited June 2017

Season 1:

• When trying to break the lock in the St. John's barn, I thought there was going to be nothing and the brothers would kick you out for snooping around.
    • Larry was going to survive the entire game and by that time be on good terms with Lee. Really glad they didn't do that since it would've been very predictable.
    • Carley was the one stealing the supplies.
    • Omid and Christa would betray us (looking back on it, it's funny trying to imagine this).
    • We would run into Clem's non-zombified parents and they were gonna tell Lee to stay away from Clem.
    • In addition to the above point, I thought the Stranger was working with them in their plan to get rid of Lee.

Season 2:

• Sarita wouldn't get killed in the first 10 seconds if you cut her arm off, but would've died eventually.
    • Sarah would use all the skills you taught her to mature and learn to fight (I wish lol).
    • At the end of EP4, Bonnie and any of the 400 Days members that went with Tavia would join together and leave Clem's group on good terms.
    • The finale would be with Kenny vs Luke. IMO, I would've preferred this over Kenny vs Jane since we knew Luke longer.
    • We were going to find Christa if we went to Wellington.

New Frontier:

• During the [Tell him off] flashback in S3E2, I accurately predicted that David would be a part of the New Frontier since they kept showing him in the flashbacks.
    • There would be a choice of whether you would brand yourself or not to show loyalty to David.
    • The New Frontier would force you to kill either Tripp or Eleanor, and you'd have to kill them with a knife or other melee weapon as a brutal punishment.
    • Ava was going to kill Clem over AJ or something along the lines.
    • If Max was alive, you'd have the option to let him escape with you or make him stay in the little cell in EP4. If you made him stay then he'd be executed, but if you escaped with him then he would help you and ultimately survive in the end.
    • Eleanor would be New Frontier and would have the brand under her scarf.
    • If you shot Conrad and tried to save Ava, I thought Tripp would team up with Eleanor and still hate your guts.
    • David would kill AJ or would've lied about him being alive. You'd be given the choice on whether or not to kill David.
    • Jesus would bring Javi and Clem to meet more characters from the comics.
  • I thought something like this too when I first saw In Harm's Way preview, it honestly seemed like Carver could be a somewhat reasonable guy. Too bad the episode itself turns him into a cliched, one dimensional and wannabe dictator villain

Emmalilly posted: »

I thought that the cabin group in season two would be revealed to be the real villains, and that Carver would turn out to be a good guy that they all screwed over somehow in the first two episodes.

• "Winston: Where the walkers are slow because of the freezing cold."

I watched a theory about how Winston was a place rather than a person.

• David would be the one to kill Badger. That didn't happen. :cry:

Yeah, I remember this being a thing for a while and I'm a little surprised it didn't happen.

Tripp would die while confessing his love for Eleanor.

That's what I thought him getting shot in the neck was supposed to be setting up.

I thought that Kate would become playable alongside Javier at some point.

Hmm...that could've been interesting considering she's even more of an outsider to the family than Javier.

Fangirl101 posted: »

I suspected Carley of stealing the supplies. I don't remember what other theories I had about S1. Now on ANF: * Javier would get bra

• Eleanor was Joan's daughter. She hid her NF brand with the scarf.

The New Frontier was a crazy ass militar cult that used zombies as an army.

Clementine was a sex slave in Richmond (someone hit me in my fucked up head before I make up more bullshit)

The New Frontier chopped off Clem's ring finger as torture.

Kenny/Jane would be kept as hostage with AJ at The New Frontier basement.

Maggie Greene-Rhee would show up at some point. Jesus would go and get her while Javi waited somewhere and killed a zombie that tried to attack him by bashing its head in with a baseball bat. Right at that moment, Maggie would walk in the room and see what Javier did. Then she will hate us forever because of it (Spoilers: while she was pregnant, she, along with her group and 9-years-old daughter, were kiddnapped and forced to watch a phsyco killing her husband this same way. Then she became a fucking badass leader of a community)

Javi would be a brother figue to Clementine (he wouldn't stop making bad jokes all the time)

Kate would be Javi's sister

Same with Mariana and Gaby (yeah I'm calling him Gaby in a totally not cute way that's just the right name Gabe doesn't fucking exist)

• Eleanor was Joan's daughter

Confirmed to be the case originally. Then Eleanor's character changed to the point that it is no longer viable

The New Frontier was a crazy ass militar cult that used zombies as an army.

I was about to say, "you mean they weren't already?"

Clementine was a sex slave in Richmond (someone hit me in my fucked up head before I make up more bullshit)
    Kenny/Jane would be kept as hostage with AJ at The New Frontier basement.

The New Frontier chopped off Clem's ring finger as torture.

Same with Mariana and Gaby

I do remember comments to this effect.

Javi would be a brother figue to Clementine (he wouldn't stop making bad jokes all the time)

Petty?

Eleanor was Joan's daughter. She hid her NF brand with the scarf. The New Frontier was a crazy ass militar cult that used zombies as an a

• That you would play as Kenny/Jane/Edith or Even AJ in season 3, depending on your ending. NOPE! It is kinda a stupid theory, but whatever.

• Probably trying to "console" her or try to explain just like he did with Clem when he called her to his office.

This is more of a question than a theory at this point, but it does sorta tie into my experiences and predictions while playing the game.

• "I'm sorry Vanilla Ice."

"Winston: Where the walkers are slow because of the freezing cold."

• There is one problem with playing as characters such as Kenny or Jane, and that's because once we play as them, their own personalities get exchanged for the players, thus it wouldn't really be Kenny or Jane if we were playing as them, because we would be able to conform their personality to ours.

Good thought though, I once read a theory back before season 2 that we would have to choose between one of the 400 days characters and play as one of them, but that'd be too much work for Telltale XD.

TheDerpGod posted: »

That you would play as Kenny/Jane/Edith or Even AJ in season 3, depending on your ending. NOPE! It is kinda a stupid theory, but whatever.

• Oh yeah, I remember this. Yeah, the latter option makes the most sense.

Dan10 posted: »

Probably trying to "console" her or try to explain just like he did with Clem when he called her to his office.

• Clementine would find out something bad happened to AJ and, with help from her own friends in the New Frontier, would lead her own little army in a furious siege of Richmond.

• I thought that Luke was bitten when he showed up in S2E3.

• I thought ANF wouldn't be that bad when I first started playing it.

I was horribly wrong.

• I never considered taking supplies from the station wagon as stealing, the car was clearly abandoned.

What kind of idiot would leave his car door wide open with the keys in the ignition with his headlights on? The only scenarios that made sense in my head for this situation to come about are:

1. Whoever the car belonged to had to flee from danger in a hurry, with all their supplies there though, they would have circled back when it was clear, which it clearly had been for some time. At that point, it can be assumed they were dead.
    2. They had some objective they needed to reach and couldnt take the supplies with them, so they abandoned them when they ran out of gas.

Otherwise theres no situation that makes any kind of sense.

• Season 1:
    -Before the novel "Road to Woodbury" came out, there was an achievement in E3 called "Woodbury Bound" relating to Lilly. Before playing the episode, I thought Lee's group would end up encountering The Governor.
    -I thought Molly would stay and become the Michonne of the group.
    -I thought Clementine would die in Episode 5. There was an achievement called "What's in the Bag?". I predicted that Lee was going to open a bag and just find Clementine's head stuffed inside it. I'm glad that didn't happen.....
    -I thought that Lee would end up getting in a fight with Kenny and killing him.
    -I thought that we would eventually be heading to Fort Lauderdale, Florida(AKA: The Home of Kenny). Once again, glad that didn't happen...
    -I though there would be a decision where you had to choose who would come on the boat with you due to the capacity.
    -I thought Anna Correa would end up playing a major role in the future of the series. Wrong about that one....
    -I thought the two people in the distance were either:
    -Kenny and Molly
    -2 New Characters

400 Days:
    -When I first saw the trailer, the Hispanic guy from Shel's story looked a lot like Andy St. John. I thought he would determinately reappear.
    -I thought ALL the 400 Days characters would play major roles in the second season. Wrong about that one...

Season 2:
    -Well, Kenny Vs Luke obviously.
    -I thought Sarah would be a major character throughout the series. Yup, no.....
    -I thought Luke would be the new Lee. Guess you can say that theory went cold.....
    -I thought Christa would re-appear in Episode 3 to help deliver Rebecca's baby.
    -Carver would be the main antagonist through the season.
    -Eddie would appear in Episode 4

Michonne:
    -Michonne would return to Alexandria at the end and we would briefly see Rick.

ANF:
    -Conrad would die immediately in Episode 3. Wow, I was very wrong about that. Great job TT
    -Jesus would return to Richmond with Michonne and others to fight off the walkers

• S1

• I thought the people in the distance would be two new people and we would have to decide to approach them or not/ how to approach them [gun drawn or not ].
    • I thought the reason Kenny wanted to sacrifice himself for Christa/Ben was to die and join his family [heroic suicide]
    • I'd hoped for a split path to go with Kenny or Lilly when you reached the train [ even though I would have been with Kenny ]

S2

• I thought Carver would be more like the Governor and we would have a lot more time building the cabin vs Carver than we had
    • I thought Sarah would shoot and kill someone she knew if Clem trained her with a gun [ because they weren't given much time ]
    • Christa would be seen again alive or dead
    • Rebecca's baby would die first or die after Rebecca since there wouldn't be newborn food

S3

• Badger had an important position or relationship in ANF as his entire unit with guns seemed to object to him strongly and no one stops him
    • Clint was behind the raids after the winter
    • David was with either Ava or Lingard
    • If you went with David's plan, you'd find AJ in his house
    • We'd find AJ or save Richmond but not both
  • I'd hoped for a split path to go with Kenny or Lilly when you reached the train [ even though I would have been with Kenny ]

Yeah, that would've been nice.

Badger had an important position or relationship in ANF as his entire unit with guns seemed to object to him strongly and no one stops him

More like Max objected but Badger's unit went through with the raiding(and complete destruction) of Prescott anyway.
    Anyway, he is presumably a lieutenant like Max.

Poptarts posted: »

S1 * I thought the people in the distance would be two new people and we would have to decide to approach them or not/ how to approac

• -I thought Clementine would die in Episode 5. There was an achievement called "What's in the Bag?". I predicted that Lee was going to open a bag and just find Clementine's head stuffed inside it. I'm glad that didn't happen.....

Cheese and Rice!

-I though there would be a decision where you had to choose who would come on the boat with you due to the capacity.

That does sound about right.

-I thought Sarah would be a major character throughout the series. Yup, no.....

I know, right? :unamused:

-I thought Luke would be the new Lee. Guess you can say that theory went cold.....

Huh. Kinda glad they partially didn't go down that path.

Michonne would return to Alexandria at the end and we would briefly see Rick.

Someone in my rewrite thread made a similar point.

-Jesus would return to Richmond with Michonne and others to fight off the walkers

Well, they did have a model already, so I could see that.

Season 1: -Before the novel "Road to Woodbury" came out, there was an achievement in E3 called "Woodbury Bound" relating to Lilly. Before p

• Baseball Kid would return and kidnap Gabe to get back at Javier.

• edited June 2017

The entire ANF season I thought there would be a reveal that AJ was dead and David had been covering up for his villainy

• Yreah, you definitely get that vibe based on how Above the Law was going out of it's to make him seem like this great guy(in huge contrast to the trailers usage of the flashback) and the almost fierce look in Clementine's eyes in the Thicker than Water title screen.

The entire ANF season I thought there would be a reveal that AJ was dead and David had been covering up for his villainy

• When I first played season 1, I thought that Kenny was the one who stole the supplies and dealt with the bandits. Only because he kept saying he wanted us to leave then he was acting weird by deflecting stuff like, "That's crazy talk!" Even crashed into a walker somehow then took so long to kill it. But afterward I realized it was because Duck was bitten. ::Sad face::

• Hell, I actually thought Duck was the one who did it honestly.

Sweet_Bundy posted: »

When I first played season 1, I thought that Kenny was the one who stole the supplies and dealt with the bandits. Only because he kept sayin

• I still thought it would happen even during the finale. When he starts talking about AJ he gives Javier these quick guilty looks

Yreah, you definitely get that vibe based on how Above the Law was going out of it's to make him seem like this great guy(in huge contrast t

• Yeah, that is a little suspicious, particularly for those who refuse to kill Lingard.

I still thought it would happen even during the finale. When he starts talking about AJ he gives Javier these quick guilty looks

• Why him?

Hell, I actually thought Duck was the one who did it honestly.

• Because he just happened to be outside of Lilly's room listening in on the conversation about the mssing supplies, ready to play Detectives with Lee to get to the bottom of it. Then he just happens to know exactly where most of the evidence is, even if he let Lee discover them first. And he just happens to completely drop his enthusiasm when Lee asks him if he had anything to do with the flashlight, claiming that Lily never let's him touch her stuff.

Obviously, I didn't fully believe he was actually giving them to the bandits, but rather hiding them for the sake of playing a game and getting to be helpful to the group.

Why him?

• The fact that you suspected cute little Duck physically hurts me. :cry:

Obviously, I didn't fully believe he was actually giving them to the bandits, but rather hiding them for the sake of playing a game and getting to be helpful to the group.

Okay, the pain is less now. :grin:

Because he just happened to be outside of Lilly's room listening in on the conversation about the mssing supplies, ready to play Detectives

• Yeah, I knew he wasn't malicious or even that smart, so I wasn't expecting it to be too serious on his end. In hindsight, I probably just thought it was a way to show how strained the feud between Lilly and Kenny had become and it would inadvertently lead to a falling out.

The fact that you suspected cute little Duck physically hurts me. Obviously, I didn't fully believe he was actually giving them to th

• I thought it was Kenny too. I mostly sided with Lilly in my first play through, and I thought Kenny was pretty untrustworthy up to that point. I thought it could be Clementine too cause it shows her briefly talking into her walkie at the beginning of the episode. Basically, I suspected Ben the least amount lol.

Sweet_Bundy posted: »

When I first played season 1, I thought that Kenny was the one who stole the supplies and dealt with the bandits. Only because he kept sayin

• Yeah the last part I assumed the Clem and Javier on the motorcycle was going to Mccarrol ranch and not saving Gabe and David

Poptarts posted: »

S1 * I thought the people in the distance would be two new people and we would have to decide to approach them or not/ how to approac

• edited June 2017

When we first hear about him in S2E1, I thought that Carver was going to be some bad ass lone wolf ultra survivalist type of guy who would be an anti-hero. A really great character of sorts.

He just then turned out to be some typical villain who gets killed.

• ...Really?

ShaneWalsh posted: »

When we first hear about him in S2E1, I thought that Carver was going to be some bad ass lone wolf ultra survivalist type of guy who would b

• I think that was the general assumption, yes. But nope--David's just a being a dick!

Sparkeagle posted: »

Yeah the last part I assumed the Clem and Javier on the motorcycle was going to Mccarrol ranch and not saving Gabe and David

Sign in to comment in this discussion.