"Monsters" Episode Discussion

InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
edited December 2017 in The Walking Dead

After the shocking Morales reveal last week, the Walking Dead is back.

As always, comment before, while, and after you watch.

Tagged:

Comments

• Well, there goes Morales.

• Did they really bring him back after 7 seasons just to have Super Daryl immediately kill him off???

• As so Walking Dead as that is, that really sucks. I was expecting Daryl to come and interact, but just, argh, it feels like a waste.

Well, there goes Morales.

• And Morales died by Daryl

• Yes, yes they did

Black-Op1 posted: »

Did they really bring him back after 7 seasons just to have Super Daryl immediately kill him off???

• Well, I guess it's on to the next meme....

BringBackGuillermo ##KeepDarylAwayFromGuillermo

• That Morales decision really is crappy. It almost ruins the surprise. If you're reintroduce the guy, at least give him a nice focus episode. He had what, 10 minutes of screentime at most?

• Can the Saviors actually get a victory? I'm tired of seeing so, so many gunned down without a fight.

Well, since I read the comics, I do know how this will go out. I'll just wait for the mid-season finale and see what's going to be up.

• And all so Rick could have yet another moral crisis.

That Morales decision really is crappy. It almost ruins the surprise. If you're reintroduce the guy, at least give him a nice focus episode. He had what, 10 minutes of screentime at most?

• And all so Rick could have yet another moral crisis.

Rick could have yet another moral crisis.

another moral crisis.

moral

MORALES. Heh.

Also, this Gregory scene is actually pretty damn funny. This guy stole some kid's pancakes? And him just peering in through the gate is humorous.

And all so Rick could have yet another moral crisis.

• Yep. It seems the entire theme of this Season is morality and mercy.

And all so Rick could have yet another moral crisis.

• Well i guess I'm alone when i say this, but even though i am disappointed he died so early i do like how they worked it in to the overall theme of this Season. My guess is that he was brought in after the Season was written just to have a nice moment for the actors and the fans. So for what it was i liked it and thought it was really nice.

• DARYL IS A FCKING BEAST!!!!

• meh.. karma? ;)

Can the Saviors actually get a victory? I'm tired of seeing so, so many gunned down without a fight. Well, since I read the comics, I do know how this will go out. I'll just wait for the mid-season finale and see what's going to be up.

• Anyone else getting a little nervous for Morgan here? Something tells me he's not gonna have a happy ending this season...

• As someone who saw absolutely no appeal to bringing back this literal no one of a character, I'm glad this was how they used him. Like seriously, there was literally nothing noteworthy coming out of this situation. Rick only knew Morales for a few days.

• WTF WHY THE FUCK would you bring back Morales after 7 seasons just to kill him off in 10 mins??? So many fans got excited for literally nothing and also the lamest death aswell

• Still, why bring him back then?

As someone who saw absolutely no appeal to bringing back this literal no one of a character, I'm glad this was how they used him. Like serio

• edited November 2017

It's pretty obvious that all this is being used to have Rick question his methodology and morality. The baby whose father he killed and now Morales, who was once a friendly man just looking out for his family. These people they're killing all have a whole lot of history behind them besides being just mean Saviors. Morales was a means to show both Rick and the audience that. And to have Daryl just kill him like that only emphasizes this whole dilemma of whether what they're doing just butchering every Savior is right.

You ask me, I don't like this bullshit morality plot at all, this is war and they are crying about killing. (I really want someone to just go ahead and put a bullet through Jesus' skull.) But alas, it is a pretty important plot element later down the line (that is if they follow the comics on that).

KaiMaestro posted: »

Still, why bring him back then?

• edited November 2017

Man I don't remember this Morales guy at all and although my memory is awful, I still remember quite a few characters from season 1. I do not see the point of having Rick's crew or especially Rick being held at gunpoint anymore. We know none of the main members are going to die and it just makes their obnoxious plot armour even stronger. And how did that guy manage to beat Morgan so easily? I thought Morgan was supposed to be an ultimate badass.

• edited November 2017

Wow, this makes me want to re-write this episode. Why bring back Morales just to kill him off? I personally am one for returning characters, especially if they're original ones from Season 1. (That's just my thing). You don't get a lot of dialogue with him either. Such a shame.

• Well in the comics Jesus is the ultimate badass so I'm glad they finally showed it

wdfan posted: »

Man I don't remember this Morales guy at all and although my memory is awful, I still remember quite a few characters from season 1. I do no

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

After watching this episode last night i have to say i'm pretty disappointed with this series at the moment.

The second episode was slightly better than the first but i found this one pretty bad, apart from killing Morales in such a short space of time most of the episode consisted of long winded speeches and just random shooting and killing with the same unlimited ammo which blt boring fast. They also mixed flashbacks with current tome during the Ezekiel speech which was slightly confusing.

We are on the third episode and they are still in the same place and we still have the cheesy trash people to deal with at some point so right now i don't feel to excited about where this season is going ?

• I have one question by the way: Where are Rosita and Michonne?

• RIP Eric. Knew it was coming, but it still hurts.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.