Which theories, did you have while playing TWD for the first time.

Comments

• Well, technically, Adam just straight went missing. The Stranger searched for hours and just couldn't find him and had to go home alone to deal with the repercussions.

Louche posted: »

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, just thought it was neat how that ended up being the stranger's backstory.

• Yeah, I'm sure he's juuust fine.

DabigRG posted: »

Well, technically, Adam just straight went missing. The Stranger searched for hours and just couldn't find him and had to go home alone to deal with the repercussions.

• edited October 2017

Hey, considering they were explicitly on a camping/hunting trip because the Stranger thought it'd be a good thing to teach him and how characters in similar situations turned out(egKenny), you can't blame me for kinda expecting him to pop up in the present.

Yeah, I'm sure he's juuust fine.

• edited October 2017

My old take on what would eventually become the Part 1 flashbacks and ANF!Clementine's backstory:
    Kenny would be on his [eventual] deathbed due to a combination of things and would have already come to grips with it, telling Clementine that she has to be the boss of her and AJ's survival when he's gone.

Jane would either willing use herself as bait during a huge walker attack, vocally echoing her old ways to get Clementine and AJ to leave her, or tag along in the present day for a while as a reformed person before getting worfed dead by the officially villainous/threatening Arvo.

Don't remember giving Edith much thought at the moment, though.

After any of these or whatever the alone ending would get, she would eventually make Ava and more or less become partners before they eventually become recurring tenants at "Saloon Town".

• I thought Kenny stole the supplies at the Motor Inn and was doing so to antagonise the bandits giving him all the more reason to leave the motel, with or without Lilly. He had the motive, the means, and I thought your choice would impact who stole the supplies and for what reason.

During the episode, I was trying to figure it out:

Maybe if you saved Doug, he would be stealing supplies or something.
    Maybe if you sided with Lilly (especially in the Larry situation), Kenny would steal supplies.
    Vice verse if you side with Kenny, Lilly would be doing so.
    And if it was too ambivalent, in that you saved Carley and flip-flopped/stayed neutral on either side of Lilly/Kenny, it'd default to Ben.

• That would've made for some interesting variation.
    Lilly: Ben, you have until that walker is dealt with to tell me it was you.
    Lee: Alright, I did it.
    Lilly: What?
    Lee: Yeah, it was me.
    Kenny: {crunch!}Don't be re-damn-diculous Lee. Cause I'm the one who did it.
    Lilly: I'm almost inclined to believe you...but I know it couldn't have been you.
    Doug: You're right. Cause I'm the only one clever enough to have taken things without drawing attention to myself.
    Lillly: Okay, waitaminute, so you did it, Kenny did it, Lee did it--maybe I did it! Was anyone else besides Ben here taking supplies as well?!
    Clementine:
    enter image description here
    Lilly:...I'm outta here.

HarjKS posted: »

I thought Kenny stole the supplies at the Motor Inn and was doing so to antagonise the bandits giving him all the more reason to leave the m

• Haha, that's amazing!

That would've made for some interesting variation. Lilly: Ben, you have until that walker is dealt with to tell me it was you. Lee: Alrigh

• The picture is too small for me to see. What is it?

Oh man, that's spooky as shit. I can only imagine what you would've thought if you saw this.

• I can't see it either

Arrhyn posted: »

The picture is too small for me to see. What is it?

• edited November 2017

It's Sarah standing on the ground immediately after the walkers start climbing up--while facing the opposite direction she fell, no less. I believe it's just her model not bothering to snap into position(and direction) since it's normally offscreen except for a split-second when the rest of the deck falls on her.

That's not the only time shit like that can happen. @Lilacsbloom and @sialark's Let's Play had that happen after they arrived back at the Statue and it led to this hilarious dissonance in otherwise contemplative and distressing moments.

The picture is too small for me to see. What is it?

• edited November 2017

Not really a theory so much as a sudden random thought, but the suspicious way certain things in Thicker than Water were playing out, particularly the timing of Clementine's appearance and what she had to say during the hospital room section, made me think we were gonna get a callback to Luke and Jane.

• It wouldn't have been out of the question to have a zombie Sarah would it?

Oh man, that's spooky as shit. I can only imagine what you would've thought if you saw this.

• Yes, it would. Especially considering she literally just got dogpiled on and was pinned up the rubble facing the opposite direction.

Though admittedly, I think it would've interestingly fucked up if Carlos, Troy, Reggie, and determinately her and Sarita were among the herd that tracked the group to the observation deck and she was leading the charge when Jane almost falls.

It wouldn't have been out of the question to have a zombie Sarah would it?

• edited November 2017

I had always thought/hoped that Gabe's possible return in a future installment(Season 6?) would potentially include a new [potential] girlfriend character after Telltale had time to mull over the community.

• Well, yeah that's kinda what I meant, although I think both ways Sarah could come back as a zombie.
    Are you forgetting that things like "sense" and "logic" don't apply after season 1?

Yes, it would. Especially considering she literally just got dogpiled on and was pinned up the rubble facing the opposite direction. Thou

• " I felt like Season 2 made players hate him much more."
    I agree with this 100%. I was never a big Kenny fan to begin with but in season 1 he sacrified himself to help the group and reunite with family and it was a fitting end. To see him alive in Season 2, he just grated on me more and more as each episode went on.

AronDracula posted: »

I do as well but I felt like Season 2 made players hate him much more.

• I didn't expect Lee to die but I don't think anyone did. xD

• I fully believed we would amputee Uncle Petes leg and he would live. Pete said he knew someone that lived from it so although Lee dies regardless, It's shown to work in the show and I put it down to Lee not acting quickly enough as he blacksout twice before making the decison. (Also I chose not to amputate Lee's arm in my playthrough)
    • I never thought of a Sarah, Clem, AJ alone ending but I did think once Carlos died, Sarah would play a much bigger role and slowly but surely turn into a little badass thanks to Clems teaching. I was so hoping this would happen too.
    • I also thought the 400 days characters would play a much bigger role than just cameos and that we perhaps might have to split into 2 groups at the end of Ep.4 and kinda choose who came with us. I also expected to see Eddie here.
    • Fully believed the end choice was between Kenny and Luke and was absolutely gutted when it ended up being Kenny or Jane. I was 110% ready to pick Luke (And Bonnie and Mike before they ran off).
  • I would still prefer him over every single character from A New Frontier.

" I felt like Season 2 made players hate him much more." I agree with this 100%. I was never a big Kenny fan to begin with but in season 1

• edited November 2017

Why do you bring up A New Frontier all the time for no reason?

I would still prefer him over every single character from A New Frontier.

• Cause it's one of the worst games I've ever played. Even if Telltale improve themselves with Season 4, I will still not forgive them for making me waste my money on their lies.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Why do you bring up A New Frontier all the time for no reason?

• You made that clear a lot of times and we get it that you hate the game. That's perfectly fine, it's your opinion, but you bring it up too much and it's getting out of hand, you know.

Cause it's one of the worst games I've ever played. Even if Telltale improve themselves with Season 4, I will still not forgive them for making me waste my money on their lies.

• True. Though Daze or Vengeful(I don't remember who) pointed out that it's unlikely she would've been able to turn in the trailer anyway. Because that's not also another layer of gruesome.

Meanwhile, in the latter scenario, it doesn't really make sense why they wouldn't have checked on her considering they were hanging around that area for quite a while and it's not like the walkers could reach them at that point anyway.

Well, yeah that's kinda what I meant, although I think both ways Sarah could come back as a zombie. Are you forgetting that things like "sense" and "logic" don't apply after season 1?

• It's obvious to me Sarah is meant to die at the trailer. Sometimes in the game you can see where the writers clearly prefer one thing, and the other scenarios suffer for it.
    Although, it does make slightly more sense for Jane to leave then if Sarah just died like that. Actually, maybe I'm completely wrong.
    Oh, what a headache.

True. Though Daze or Vengeful(I don't remember who) pointed out that it's unlikely she would've been able to turn in the trailer anyway. Bec

• edited November 2017

Although, it does make slightly more sense for Jane to leave then if Sarah just died like that.

Honestly, one of the surprisingly/unfortunately accurate pieces of WMG as to why they wrote out Sarah the way they did is because they didn't feel like changing the cutscene that plays immediately afterwords, particularly since it was meant to be Jane's sendoff anyway.

No seriously, I've checked [once]: Not a goddamn thing about that scene changes if you left Sarah.

It's obvious to me Sarah is meant to die at the trailer. Sometimes in the game you can see where the writers clearly prefer one thing, and t

• edited November 2017

I still say there was nothing wrong with Jane until the baby plan, and even then only because it came out of nowhere. Do sudden Blizzards usually make characters act OOC and carry out insane schemes? (inb4 you say it wasn't out of character)

Although, it does make slightly more sense for Jane to leave then if Sarah just died like that. Honestly, one of the surprisingly/un

• I still say there was nothing wrong with Jane until the baby plan, and even then only because it came out of nowhere.

I have no idea where this came from. I'll just chalk it up to you being you until I get a connection.

And no, there was definitely something wrong with her long before that, even if it was relatively hard to noticed at first glance and/or a result of inconsistent/wishy-washy characterization.

Do sudden Blizzards usually make characters act OOC and carry out insane schemes? (inb4 you say it wasn't out of character)

In hindsight, it was sorta half and half. Her actions/behavior towards Jaime, Troy, Sarah, and Kenny(and debatably Arvo initially) set up that she was willing to do coldblooded and/or backbiting shit in a pinch.

At the same time, the sheer degree of not thinking that plan through at all kinda exposes that it was [likely] meant for Luke originally.

I still say there was nothing wrong with Jane until the baby plan, and even then only because it came out of nowhere. Do sudden Blizzards usually make characters act OOC and carry out insane schemes? (inb4 you say it wasn't out of character)

• Luke hide da babby? I dunno if I buy luke putting a baby in danger.

I still say there was nothing wrong with Jane until the baby plan, and even then only because it came out of nowhere. I have no idea

• edited November 2017

Remember that a portion of the MEH is the fact that Jane hid the baby specifically to make Kenny snap and manipulate Clementine into [finally] joining her.

That sneaky, on the fly plan would also make sense with how Luke was shown to operate in a pinch throughout the story and especially after the path of thinking Jane was there to put him on.

Luke hide da babby? I dunno if I buy luke putting a baby in danger.

• I don't see what's wrong with Jane... For me, she was a badass the whole time while Kenny was acting all psycho-crazy during the entire game. And he proved the huge psycho he was when Jane made him believe that she accidentally killed AJ. I mean, sure, she "killed" a baby, but it was huge snow and accidental. So yeah. Kenny = crazy dude.

• edited November 2017

There's more important things than simply being badass. At least that's why Season 1 taught me; oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Personally, I didn't care for either, but especially Jane. They're both frozen nuts now--RIP Rewind Feature.

Also, who are you responding to?

I don't see what's wrong with Jane... For me, she was a badass the whole time while Kenny was acting all psycho-crazy during the entire game

• edited November 2017

I don't know why, but one of the many potential scenes I thought up while waiting for the inevitably messy From the Gallows was a scene where Gabe and Ava(if they were sent after David and not picked, respectively) tag team Joan in some sort of cathedral/underfloor-cavern area...and she actually gives them a fair bit of trouble.

• edited November 2017

Honestly, I only have one.

Back when I was new to the franchise and had only watched a playthrough of Vince's Story from 400 Days and Episode 1 of Season 1, I checked the Walking Dead wiki page for Larry and found out that he died in Episode 2. I was wary of spoilers, so I didn't look further, but before watching/playing Episode 2, I thought the meat locker was going to be much larger (something like the back of the butcher shop from The Wolf Among Us), that Larry was going to try and kill Lee again and that we would have had to kill him in self-defense. Though I suppose, in a way, we still did.

• you really expected too much

I don't know why, but one of the many potential scenes I thought up while waiting for the inevitably messy From the Gallows was a scene wher

• edited November 2017

I agree, sort of, but only if he knew for SURE that the baby would be safe. Like I said earlier, the guy was willing to run out into the middle of a gunfight to grab the thing.

Remember that a portion of the MEH is the fact that Jane hid the baby specifically to make Kenny snap and manipulate Clementine into [finall

• Hence part of me emphasizing the poorly thought part of it. Unlike Jane, who had several strikes to the compatible before to that point, Luke really would want to protect and take care of that baby start to finish.

Oh shit, I just realized: Jane could be seen as responsible for AJ getting sick. ...Two years later....

I agree, sort of, but only if he knew for SURE that the baby would be safe. Like I said earlier, the guy was willing to run out into the middle of a gunfight to grab the thing.

• I'm not even going to dignify that with an argument. As if you needed any more reasons to vilify Jane, anyway.

Hence part of me emphasizing the poorly thought part of it. Unlike Jane, who had several strikes to the compatible before to that point, Luk

• As if you needed any more reasons to vilify Jane, anyway.

It was just a simple observation. One that doesn't make a lot of sense anyway.

I'm not even going to dignify that with an argument. As if you needed any more reasons to vilify Jane, anyway.

• edited November 2017

For some inexplicable reason, there was a period where I thought Sarah was actually two separate characters:

• "Sarah," age 8, is the creepy little girl of [the Cabin Group] who alternates between trolling/tormenting Clementine and genuinely wanting to be her friend.

• The-model-of-Sarah(I wish I knew the file name so I can make a clever joke) is a skittish bespectacled girl Clementine meets in Carver's camp who she allies with to help both of their groups/families escape Carver's clutches.

Finally getting to experience/play Season 2 for myself last June made the first one or two interactions with her really bemusing because of that.

• edited November 2017

That's... really weird.
    Maybe little Sarah would be like Becca? I always thought they looked too much alike, then again maybe I'm just face/hair blind.

I had a theory. That season 2 would actually be good, and that In Harms Way would one of the darkest, most harrowing, gritty stories in the Walking Dead Universe. Maybe even in video games altogether.

Instead I got an asshole killing another guy with a funny accent because he didn't pick berries quick enough.

For some inexplicable reason, there was a period where I thought Sarah was actually two separate characters: * "Sarah," age 8, is the

• That's... really weird.

Yes. Yes it is. I think the confusion came from seeing [most of] that first description on TVTropes, seeing the In Harm's Way poster out of context, and some "fanart." The latter of which is especially egregious in hindsight considering she's actually named there.

Maybe little Sarah would be like Becca?

Pretty much, except not a harsh, edgy teenage bitch.

I always thought they looked too much alike, then again maybe I'm just face/hair blind.

Eh...sorta, but no, not really.

I had a theory. That season 2 would actually be good, and that In Harms Way would one of the darkest, most harrowing, gritty stories in the Walking Dead Universe. Maybe even in video games altogether.
    Instead I got an asshole killing another guy with a funny accent because he didn't pick berries quick enough.

Carver X Berries, ya''ll.

That's... really weird. Maybe little Sarah would be like Becca? I always thought they looked too much alike, then again maybe I'm just fac

Sign in to comment in this discussion.