The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• Jesus > Morgan. You've seen what he can do? Morgan has no chance.

Abraham > Rick. Abraham is Ex military while Rick is an Ex-cop. Who do you think has the better training in combat? And Abraham is heavier built and physically stronger.

Hershel > Gregory. Both of them had their problems dealing with walkers at first, but Hershel was able to look past that. Gregory is a spineless-coward who hides behind other people while they do his dirty work. He would surrender before the fight began.

Carl ? Tara. This one is hard to decide. Tara would pretend to be an ally and take advantage of that, while Carl has the balls to face something head on if he's pissed off enough. Carl has more of a blind spot, since he only has one eye, but he's stronger given that he's a teenage boy. They're both pretty even in combat skill other than that. I'm split on how it would turn out.

Negan ? The Governor. No guns involved, Negan would kick The Governor's ass with Lucille. With guns, Negan leaves himself too out in the open, relying on the compassion of his foes to gain ground. Since The Governor is known to kill his own men as much as killing any who oppose him, It would be a bad gamble for Negan. I guess it all depends on the type of fight.

Daryl > Dwight. Both are experienced with a crossbow. While Daryl got his stealthy combat skills from hunting, based off comics, Dwight has Military training that hasn't been explained in the TV show. Daryl is more willing to take more risks and uses his environment to his advantage, while Dwight thinks more with military tactics. So far, not backing down and having a strong willingness to take action has worked to Daryl's benefit and we haven't seen what Dwight's combat capabilities are yet, so I believe Daryl has the advantage.

Simon > Gareth. Gareth was intimidating, but once that was looked past he didn't put up much of a fight. If Simon is one of Negan's most trusted allies, he's got to have some good skills, besides having the same inflated ego. My bet is on Simon.

Clemenem posted: »

Who would win these fights (TV Show) Morgan vs Jesus Rick vs Abraham Gregory vs Hershel Carl vs Tara Chambler Governor vs Negan Daryl vs Dwight Simon vs Gareth

• :lol:

Yeah.

Was it? I'm pretty sure it was rated G, at least at the time. Huh, if so, then I guess Disney falling into that habit didn't start after Princess and the Frog.

Yeah, it was, I checked. So the whole point here is ridiculous, PG used to mean something and nothing in these cut scenes was inappropriate for that rating. Meanwhile Tarzan was fucking rated G, and it was WAY darker than most Disney movies. So there you go.

Blame Season 2.5 for proving this sentiment if you want, but unless it's absolutely necessary to do otherwise, there should be a limit to how much any character can be a dick and/or can be crapped on. And going off what I remember from that animatic, I really don't think that scene would've qualified anyway.

Man, I have no idea what you're talking about. This scene is the pinnacle of Stitch's character development. Would you expect a crazy science mutation to change so drastically, so quickly?

Oh god, that's even worse!

Really. Well, it should be, anyway. You're blowing this out of proportion.

There's a massive difference between "show, don't tell" and "stomp em in the nuts". Even if the latter can be a form of the former under specific circumstances and tones. This isn't really one of them, from what I recall.

Besides, I'm pretty sure he was meant to be more about mindless chaos and destruction than a friggin Saiyan/Xenomorph.
    Yeah, there is, stomp in the nuts would be if Stitch hurt Nani or something.
    Him killing a fish is ALREADY the "toned down" idea, because who gets that emotional over a fish?

Dude, that whole movie was a risk when you think about it. That one cut isn't that big a deal.

I disagree completely. Why? Because it's in Hawaii? There's no risk in the final cut of the movie. It's literally ET, but with a girl protagonist and more aliens. And even more like it with the censored guns.
    Cutting what would be the emotional highlight, or crux, of the movie, seems like a big deal to me.

Did it? It's been a while since I saw them.

You're arguing about the scene without remembering it, really m8

Mind you, I'd like to point out that the irony is that Stitch is a highly dangerous "abomination." Just saying.

Funny how that worked with that in mind.
    what?

I meant a docile character showing an aggressive side when pushed, but whatever floats your boat.

I'm going to go crazy if you keep making these "I meant x but whatever" posts

DabigRG posted: »

The TV show that crossed over with recess, american dragon, proud family and kim possible? Yeah I'll take it with a grain of salt.

• edited November 2017

I have a good question, for once.
    I know that sometimes when Kenny refuses to go with Lee in episode 4, there's an additional scene of dialogue that can trigger where he says he'll wait for them with the boat, and Lee says something to the extent of "even after all this time?" and kenny replies something.

I got it once, but I have NO idea what triggers it. Anyone here know? It's a nice little bit.
    I have to imagine it leans towards the negative side of things with kenny because you need to trigger the "would you risk your neck for me?" scene, but somewhere you still have to do something that Kenny agrees with to trigger this additional "I'll wait for you" scene. The question is: what?

• Which character has the closest personality to yours?

• definitely a mix of becca and nick, except more self aware and (hopefully) not as stupid

Fangirl101 posted: »

Which character has the closest personality to yours?

• edited November 2017

definitely a mix of becca and nick, except more self aware and (hopefully) not as stupid

So...Gabe? Got it.

Louche posted: »

definitely a mix of becca and nick, except more self aware and (hopefully) not as stupid

• Might be a repeat, but I don't care: Did anyone else think the whole period thing was partially a red herring for when Clementine and Javier walk out of Lingard's office on the first viewing?

• No way. My brother is Gabe.

definitely a mix of becca and nick, except more self aware and (hopefully) not as stupid So...Gabe? Got it.

• Ha!

No way. My brother is Gabe.

• Not lying. He even looks like him. He's not quite as whiny or dumb, though.

Ha!

• Does that black guy in Michonne's final flashback have a face in the game's files?

• edited November 2017

Potential Beartrap here: What do think Gabe's take on Javier and Kate's determinate relationship was and/or would be?

Oh, and Marinara's too, I guess.

• How old do/did you think the cast of ANF are/were?

• edited November 2017

Here's my various estimations:

. #12 Javier Garcia Early to Mid Twenties, At most 28
    Head of Security David Garcia Late Thirties-Mid Forties
    Gabriel Garcia 13(At first), 12(What I would've preferred), 14(As of Finale :unamused: )
    Katie -Garcia Early Twenties(At first), Early - Mid Thirties
    Marianna Garcia 10
    Hector Garcia Late Forties-Mid Fifties
    Mrs Garcia Mid-Late Sixties
    Salvador Rafael Garcia Late Sixties
    Lieutenant Max Mid - Late Thirties
    Lieutenant Badger Late Twenties
    Scout Lonnie Mid Twenties
    Truck Driver Rufus Late Thirties
    Clementine 13, 12(Ep 1 Alone, Wellington, and Kenny flashbacks), 11(Ep 1 Jane flashback)(I guess)
    Tripp Mid Thirties
    Scout Francine Late Thirties-Early Forties
    Conrad the Bartender Mid Forties
    Dealer Eli Mid Thirties(I guess)
    Nurse Eleanor Early Twenties
    Alvin Rebecca Carver Jr 2
    Jane Late Teens(At first), Early Twenties(Ep 1 flashback),
    Edith Late Twenties-Early Thirties(Ep 1 flashback)
    Captain Kenny Sr. Late Forties-Early Fifties(Ep 1 flashback)
    Paul Monroe Eh, however old he's supposed to be in the comics
    Lieutenant Ava Late Teens(At first), Early Twenties
    Quarantine Guard Fern Early Thirties
    Dr. Paul Lingard Mid Forties
    Head of Diplomacy Joan Early Fifties
    Head of Rations Clinton Barnes Mid Forties

How old do/did you think the cast of ANF are/were?

• Why do people hate Ties That Bind (both parts) exactly? Except for the lack of hub areas with optional conversations...

• I’ve actually wondered that myself and I really have no idea apart from episode lengths, but that goes for the entire season

Why do people hate Ties That Bind (both parts) exactly? Except for the lack of hub areas with optional conversations...

• ... everything else writing-wise?

The incredibly plain and unoriginal protagonist whose only remarkable trait is being a previous gambler and that being something that never pays-off story wise.

His niece who gets 5 minutes of screen time is expected to be the only thing motivating the player to give a damn about anything that's going on, being therefore the most ineffective plot device ever. No, Mariana does not get the privilege of being called a "character".

The whole conflict revolving around "stolen" pudding. The antagonists temporarily losing their reasoning capabilities, ridiculously escalating everything so the plot can go forward.

Even more bland characters getting introduced to the player - Tripp, Eleanor, Francine. Characters who, along with their already completely forgettable personalities, throughout the season have no relevance to the overall plot and don't get fleshed out enough character arcs.

The player is introduced to what might be the worst written settlement on the whole TWD franchise, getting absolutely no backstory to how it was created or how it even works. It's also used throughout the Season as something we're supposed to care about even though there was nothing done to have the player care.

The antagonists' terrible actions are terrible for the sake of being terrible. We see these guys kill a kid and get no justification whatsoever other than "they're the bad guys".

Which leads me to another point, how black-white the whole conflict was, not to mention unoriginal. As a TWD fan I can claim ANF brought nothing new to the table, the conflict, besides badly done, was nothing special and completely forgettable.

The incompetence at bringing any good moral dilemmas to the table - something previous installments had been consistently good at - considering this is a decision based game, it's a big deal.

Completely rushed story elements such as Conrad's grief. First, we get about 3 minutes of Francine screen time which has the player already struggling to care. Second we spend such a low amount of time getting to see Conrad after her death, we get no real time to relate to his grief, and again, care. The writers later use this element in the final decision of Episode 2, and surprising absolutely no one, a crushing percentage of players decided to just kill Conrad due to lack of any relatability or care for his character - and that's absolutely the writing's fault. This is one of many examples of rushed and ineffectively presented plot elements in ANF.

You get presented to what seem to be interesting plot elements to be explored in future episodes, only for all of them to be dropped, forgotten, or just written away. Those being Ava, the whole Jesus character, TNF recently taking over Richmond, and an apparent on going conflict in New Richmond ("Which side are you on?"). All dropped.

And finally, everyone's favorite - Clementine.

After about 3 years of promotion of the "My Clementine", the pay-off is a linear personality with 2 determinant lines. To make everything better, her whole character revolves around AJ - something the player is given absolutely no reason to care about due to zero amount of time building attachment with him.

Major characters/plot points from previous seasons being written off in 3 minute scenes. Do I really need to explain why Kenny's death is a writing travesti?

Emotionally charged scenes fell flat on their faces. Mariana's burial - the game expects you to feel anything over a character that was on screen for 5 minutes. Francine's death and Conrad's grief - the game expects you to care about a character that was on screen for 3 minutes. Clem's feelings over AJ's - the game expects you to feel as she does even though it skipped 2 years of bonding.

And this is honestly just scratching the surface. A lot of threads back in December go in even further depth as to why Ties That Bind is disgusting. I suggest you check them out.

Why do people hate Ties That Bind (both parts) exactly? Except for the lack of hub areas with optional conversations...

• Look, I did have problems with this episode (I count it as one). The reason I said "exactly" is because the BIGGEST complaint I hear is "I want to play as Clem!!". I just wanted to see an argument from someone else's POV.
    Anyway, thank you for your response, Iron! :)

... everything else writing-wise? The incredibly plain and unoriginal protagonist whose only remarkable trait is being a previous gambler

• Inevitable limpet glebe here: How would you rank the endings of ANF?

• edited November 2017

Best: Split up to Save Richmond(Good Ending, Closure on Kate and David's failed marriage, Burial for David, Best represents Functional Family mentioned by Developers)
    Good: Splitup to Go After Gabe and David(Proper Sendoff for David, Best Completion of Gabe's Arc, Ambiguity with Kate's Disappearance, Clementine had One Job)
    Bad: Teamup to Go After Gabe and David(Relatively Pointless choice to Convince David, Logic Fail with Kate's Death, Bizarre tone around reveal, Proper Tonal Segueway with Memorial Wall)
    Worst:: Teamup to Save Richmond([Tries to Be] Downer Ending, Multifaceted Copout, Renders Much of Story(especially Gabe's Arc) Pointless, Broken Aesop mentioned by Developers, Tacked On Attempt to Tie Into Clementine's Story, Tonal Disarray, Determinate Factor Clusterfuck, OOC Moments)

Inevitable limpet glebe here: How would you rank the endings of ANF?

• Can someone make a list of the ANF characters text colors, please? That'd be real helpful.

• Jane Late Teens(At first), Early Twenties(Ep 1 flashback),

huh, I never would have thought that young but it's possible. Would make Luke look more kinda creepy though

Here's my various estimations: . #12 Javier Garcia Early to Mid Twenties, At most 28 Head of Security David Garcia Late Thirties-Mi

• The antagonists' terrible actions are terrible for the sake of being terrible. We see these guys kill a kid and get no justification whatsoever other than "they're the bad guys".

Some men just want to see heads pop.

... everything else writing-wise? The incredibly plain and unoriginal protagonist whose only remarkable trait is being a previous gambler

• I don't get the appeal. Hell, I stopped using subtitles and notifications after my first playthrough. They break immersion, and are really cheesy a lot of the time. Not to mention pointless unless you have a hearing problem.

Can someone make a list of the ANF characters text colors, please? That'd be real helpful.

• That was partly because I also thought Luke(and maybe Nick) was a late teenager as well. No Going Back kinda surprised me when it revealed he turned 27 and had already graduated from college.

Jane Late Teens(At first), Early Twenties(Ep 1 flashback), huh, I never would have thought that young but it's possible. Would make Luke look more kinda creepy though

• Eh, adds a small, but effective bit of characterization/theme to the characters.

Who could forget Larry and his wrathful red subtitles?

I don't get the appeal. Hell, I stopped using subtitles and notifications after my first playthrough. They break immersion, and are really cheesy a lot of the time. Not to mention pointless unless you have a hearing problem.

• edited November 2017

I don't like seeing what they're going to say before I hear it. Distracting and Spoiler-y, two for the price of one!

As for Luke, I guess it doesn't matter. You know guys. They don't actually grow up until they hit their thirties.

Eh, adds a small, but effective bit of characterization/theme to the characters. Who could forget Larry and his wrathful red subtitles?

• edited November 2017

Eh, true.

Hey, waitaminute!

I don't like seeing what they're going to say before I hear it. Distracting and Spoiler-y, two for the price of one! As for Luke, I guess it doesn't matter. You know guys. They don't actually grow up until they hit their thirties.

• How old are you?

Eh, true. Hey, waitaminute!

• 3 over the second zero.

How old are you?

• 23, then? Personally, I'm going to turn 21 tomorrow. Yep, it'll be my birthday. Which considering I was actually just talking about Luke, might be a fit foreboding...

3 over the second zero.

• Lol

23, then? Personally, I'm going to turn 21 tomorrow. Yep, it'll be my birthday. Which considering I was actually just talking about Luke, might be a fit foreboding...

• Yeah. Kinda funny.
    I'm going out now. ttyl

Lol

• *Knocks on nearest wooden object.

23, then? Personally, I'm going to turn 21 tomorrow. Yep, it'll be my birthday. Which considering I was actually just talking about Luke, might be a fit foreboding...

• Was the Whisperers arc a failure?

• Thanks. Also the first time I've ever seen someone use "knock on wood" outside of tv or books.

*Knocks on nearest wooden object.

• edited November 2017

So a thought that just came back to mind: Any real reason why Tripp suddenly gave a shit about Gabe getting in on the action other than "because drama?"
    :unamused: :
    Like, I'm seriously curious for an explanation.

• What would each character be like in an Evil/Anti world?

• Spoilers for my rewrites(assuming I already haven't posted this elsewhere): Should Max be Rufus's brother or Fern's?

• True true!

>

enter image description here

Somebodies got a fetish, apparently.

What are you gonna do about it? :smiling_imp:

Idk. Probably be even harder

Oh, who knows at this fuckin point. I personally doubt it, but this damn thing has been through so many rewrites that the waters are muddier

Sign in to comment in this discussion.