Which theories, did you have while playing TWD for the first time.

Comments

• Yes. Yes it is. I think the confusion came from seeing [most of] that first description on TVTropes, seeing the In Harm's Way poster out of context, and some "fanart." The latter of which is especially egregious in hindsight considering she's actually named there.

Uh...huh.

Pretty much, except not a harsh, edgy teenage bitch.

Did you ever consider the irony that Becca might also be younger than Sarah?

Eh...sorta, but no, not really.

It's harder to make females look unique than guys, that is, if you still want them to look presentable.

Carver X Berries, ya''ll.

THOSE BERRIES DIDN'T EVEN LOOK EDIBLE, THEY LOOKED LIKE THE POISONOUS KIND ONLY BIRDS EAT FFS

DabigRG posted: »

That's... really weird. Yes. Yes it is. I think the confusion came from seeing [most of] that first description on TVTropes, seeing

• Uh...huh.

Uhn! :lol:

Did you ever consider the irony that Becca might also be younger than Sarah?

Yes. Yes I have. In fact, I was always under the impression that Sarah was at least slightly taller.

It's harder to make females look unique than guys, that is, if you still want them to look presentable.

True enough. Part of the reasons I like Steven Universe, even if it does get a little too brazen in a select few cases.

THOSE BERRIES DIDN'T EVEN LOOK EDIBLE, THEY LOOKED LIKE THE POISONOUS KIND ONLY BIRDS EAT FFS

Yeah, now that you mention it, I was honestly a bit puzzled about that particular point considering their in a fucking greenhouse and it wasn't immediately evident that they were supposed to be picking berries at first.

No wonder Sarah gets so perfectionist/careless if Clementine helps/ignores her.

Louche posted: »

Yes. Yes it is. I think the confusion came from seeing [most of] that first description on TVTropes, seeing the In Harm's Way poster out of

• edited November 2017

Uhn!

no.

Yes. Yes I have. In fact, I was always under the impression that Sarah was at least slightly taller.

Huh. Well, there was that picture with Bonnie and Mike replaced by the two (I can't remember what thread that was in) but I don't think you could tell as they were crouching with Clem. Now I wonder if there is a picture/video somewhere that shows the proper scale between the three. I bet you're right, but I've also suspected that Becca's season 2 model might be downscaled from her 400 days one for whatever reason. Something just seems off overall.

True enough. Part of the reasons I like Steven Universe, even if it does get a little too brazen in a select few cases.

That show wasn't for me. I liked some of the pilot/promo designs but they changed them for animation.

Yeah, now that you mention it, I was honestly a bit puzzled about that particular point considering their in a fucking greenhouse and it wasn't immediately evident that they were supposed to be picking berries at first.

No wonder Sarah gets so perfectionist/careless if Clementine helps/ignores her.
    Yeah, I honestly don't blame Sarah for that. I would have probably been the same way.
    Also what the hell WAS Reggie doing the whole time off-screen?

Uh...huh. Uhn! Did you ever consider the irony that Becca might also be younger than Sarah? Yes. Yes I have. In fact,

• no.

Yes.

Huh. Well, there was that picture with Bonnie and Mike replaced by the two (I can't remember what thread that was in) but I don't think you could tell as they were crouching with Clem. Now I wonder if there is a picture/video somewhere that shows the proper scale between the three. I bet you're right, but I've also suspected that Becca's season 2 model might be downscaled from her 400 days one for whatever reason. Something just seems off overall.

There is indeed a playthrough with most of the kid characters replacing the Howe's Ski Cabin Group(with Becca as Jane and Sarah wearing Shades as Kenny :lol:) and yes, they are not too far off in height there.

That show wasn't for me. I liked some of the pilot/promo designs but they changed them for animation.

Yeah, I remember that being a thing initially. I think that change was ultimately for the best.

Guess that explains why you had nothing to say about me comparing Jane to Jasper and noting the irony from my standpoint.

Yeah, I honestly don't blame Sarah for that. I would have probably been the same way.
    Also what the hell WAS Reggie doing the whole time off-screen?

He was supposedly doing his own work for the sake of making sure he does the best job he can to impress "Bill," but he really should've checked up on them at least once before that. Especially since he himself questions whether Sarah's gonna be okay after what happened before doing so.

As I once said in an older conversation, that whole setup and its result was ultimately all of their faults.

Uhn! no. Yes. Yes I have. In fact, I was always under the impression that Sarah was at least slightly taller. Huh. Wel

• edited November 2017

Yes.

No comment.

There is indeed a playthrough with most of the kid characters replacing the Howe's Ski Cabin Group(with Becca as Jane and Sarah wearing Shades as Kenny ) and yes, they are not too far off in height there.

No way, you're pulling my leg. There's no way there's something that glorious out there. You didn't even post a link.

Guess that explains why you had nothing to say about me comparing Jane to Jasper and noting the irony from my standpoint.

I suppose so.

He was supposedly doing his own work for the sake of making sure he does the best job he can to impress "Bill," but he really should've checked up on them at least once before that. Especially since he himself questions whether Sarah's gonna be okay after what happened before doing so. As I once said in an older conversation, that whole setup and its result was ultimately all of their faults.

Did the writers intend for it to be Clem's fault? Thinking back to Clem's ominous comment to Luke about how sometimes people die because of her. Did that ever pan out? You could technically say yes, but ehh...

Also side note: love the unintentionally hilarious look on Luke's face when she says that. It's like he's wondering if it's too late to put her back in the shed.

no. Yes. Huh. Well, there was that picture with Bonnie and Mike replaced by the two (I can't remember what thread that was in)

• No comment.

:lol:

No way, you're pulling my leg. There's no way there's something that glorious out there. You didn't even post a link.

Did the writers intend for it to be Clem's fault? Thinking back to Clem's ominous comment to Luke about how sometimes people die because of her. Did that ever pan out? You could technically say yes, but ehh...

Eh, sorta...? That is a perfect example of how Clementine(or rather, the gameplay/storytelling) is too bidimensional for it's own good, with commons sense and basic human decency going ignored for the sake of drama.

Also side note: love the unintentionally hilarious look on Luke's face when she says that. It's like he's wondering if it's too late to put her back in the shed.

Huh. I'd have to see that for proper context.

Yes. No comment. There is indeed a playthrough with most of the kid characters replacing the Howe's Ski Cabin Group(with Becca

• Before Above the Law was leaked, I generally imagined Ava as a more eccentric character in contrast to her edgy design. Not to the degree of characters like Nate, obviously, but she definitely had an interesting outlook.

Also, not really a [conscious] theory, but there was this one particular random scenario involving her and Gabe that...yeah, was kinda out there.... :confused: I remember trying to justify/rationalize it later in my head a later and that kinda made it even more questionable.

• That is a perfect example of how Clementine(or rather, the gameplay/storytelling) is too bidimensional for it's own good, with commons sense and basic human decency going ignored for the sake of drama.

Bidimensional? What are you talking about?

Huh. I'd have to see that for proper context.

Also, there's this. http://orig05.deviantart.net/7e00/f/2015/270/9/9/walkingdead2_sw_by_kr_whalen-d9b2gop.jpg

Woah, that's pretty crazy. Why only the last two episodes though? I doubt it's because canon-wise, that isn't until Becca would appear. This certainly doesn't care about canon.
    And hey, if these exist why are you even asking about scale? Can't you tell from the videos?
    And why did you never mention these before? Model swapping has so many neat possibilities. I'm guessing this is where that screenshot of Clem, Sarah, and Becca in the civil war site came from. thought that was just a picture.

No comment. No way, you're pulling my leg. There's no way there's something that glorious out there. You didn't even post a l

• Bidimensional? What are you talking about?

Basically, how these games tend to make the major choices "either/or" types of situations. From Clementine's perspective, she chooses to either spend the whole time overseeing Sarah's work or simply do her own work, but apparently never gets the idea to do both in moderation. Or call Reggie for that matter, but to be frank here, that whole sequence is a display of narrow-mindedness on the part of everyone involved.

Oh yeah, I can sorta see that. :lol:

Also, woah, dat fanart. It's...something.

Woah, that's pretty crazy. Why only the last two episodes though? I doubt it's because canon-wise, that isn't until Becca would appear. This certainly doesn't care about canon.

I don't know. I get the vibe that model swaps are actually fairly hard to do in the older Seasons and thus people aren't that inclined to do too much with them due to the time and trial n' error involved.

And hey, if these exist why are you even asking about scale? Can't you tell from the videos?

...I didn't...?

And why did you never mention these before? Model swapping has so many neat possibilities. I'm guessing this is where that screenshot of Clem, Sarah, and Becca in the civil war site came from. thought that was just a picture.

I doubt it. For one thing, I'm pretty sure Sarah didn't have shades in that one. But more importantly, Sarah and Becca were Bonnie and Mike in the picture rather than the interestingly chosen Kenny and Jane here

There are multiple people who make these videos and/or upload screenshots of this type of stuff.

That is a perfect example of how Clementine(or rather, the gameplay/storytelling) is too bidimensional for it's own good, with commons sense

• edited November 2017

Basically, how these games tend to make the major choices "either/or" types of situations. From Clementine's perspective, she chooses to either spend the whole time overseeing Sarah's work or simply do her own work, but apparently never gets the idea to do both in moderation. Or call Reggie for that matter, but to be frank here, that whole sequence is a display of narrow-mindedness on the part of everyone involved.

Well, that's one of the lazier example of how to force an outcome. Reggie asks you if Sarah will be okay, and you don't have an option to really say no or that he should watch her or tell her again, and nothing will change what Reggie does so he still dies.

Oh yeah, I can sorta see that.

Again, it kinda makes Luke look like a flake. But you can understand why he'd feel that way here. And It's not like he says or does anything to her. He decides he has to live with that risk, I suppose.
    It's just an awkwardly funny dialogue option, really.
    "we've just decided to let you into our house"
    "oh btw I got my last guardian killed"
    "...fuck."

Also, woah, dat fanart. It's...something.

It's nice, huh?

I don't know. I get the vibe that model swaps are actually fairly hard to do in the older Seasons and thus people aren't that inclined to do too much with them due to the time and trial n' error involved.

Seasons? I'm asking why not do the first three episodes of season 2 as well? In harms Way in particular. I just wonder they picked the last two.
    And yeah, I think I read that you have to not only swap the models but go and individually fix all the emotive files so the new models will emote in the same ways as the character they replace. So depending on what you want, it can be either quick or really tedious, I guess? I don't really know jack shit about it, honestly.

...I didn't...?

Yes you did.

I doubt it. For one thing, I'm pretty sure Sarah didn't have shades in that one. But more importantly, Sarah and Becca were Bonnie and Mike in the picture rather than the interestingly chosen Kenny and Jane here

Huh. Well, I wonder what that other one was, then. You have that picture? I should have saved it, but I dunno if I did. Not sure what thread, either. Probably the memes one, but it could be fan art as well.
    And who are the shades from?

There are multiple people who make these videos and/or upload screenshots of this type of stuff.

I know, I'm kinda scared to go through them all, though... ya know
    but anyone that does a screenshot would have had to watch the scene they altered, too, no?

Bidimensional? What are you talking about? Basically, how these games tend to make the major choices "either/or" types of situations

• I couldn’t agree more. For once I’d like a very dark and gritty episode that’ll leave me feeling empty inside until the next episode comes out. S1 somewhat did that at the end, but I’m talking about feeling empty inside without anybody dying.

That's... really weird. Maybe little Sarah would be like Becca? I always thought they looked too much alike, then again maybe I'm just fac

• edited November 2017

You're talking about taking a lot of time out to world-build and develop characters, something Nu-Telltale doesn't seem fond of. They want to rush from one frantic setpiece to the next for some reason. Walking Dead was their flagship title that set on them on the map, but they can't even be bothered to give it 6 episodes like some of the other releases?
    It's like this, Walking Dead season 1 is a long high budget theatrically released movie
    Season 3 is like a low budget direct-to-video sequel that was rushed to make a quick buck

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

I couldn’t agree more. For once I’d like a very dark and gritty episode that’ll leave me feeling empty inside until the next episode comes out. S1 somewhat did that at the end, but I’m talking about feeling empty inside without anybody dying.

• edited November 2017

It's not really much of a theory I came up with before, as it is a theory I just realized. Here's some context from a comment I made.

"The End of The Dream" - What she's doing right now, In trying to find AJ, will finally give her the answer she has been asking herself since the day they parted ways and take her out of a limbo that is a long nightmare to her. "Is he still alive?" That unanswered question is what has driven her to keep going this whole time. And she doesn't care what she has to go through, as long as she finds out the truth.

This is the crazy part

A theory, based off this, about why Clem didn't want David to come into the warehouse with them is because she was mostly convinced that AJ was dead, but she still had some hope due to her uncertainty. She thought that If she saw David again, it would crush her last hopes for his survival. She would've rather had him dead, than to have him confirm such an ugly truth. It also explains why she was so stressed before heading into the tunnel and why she tried to execute him when he got in. She knew this could happen, and she feared it. And you know how she copes with fear...

Also, isn't it interesting how she acted when David told her he was alive? Since her hopes were restored she was no longer as hostile to the group. Her fear made her angry and hostile to everyone around her. And now, it has been put to rest... until this new journey to find evidence began. Her old fears will return and make her angrier than ever.

• The sentence structure in those quotes confuse me, but I honestly thought that was obvious.

It's not really much of a theory I came up with before, as it is a theory I just realized. Here's some context from a comment I made.

• Makes sense that it confuses you, since these were mostly notes to myself rather than message to another person. The person I was writing to was an inactive account, so I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get a response. At least I finally know the truth. The only thing that came to mind about Clem's stress before this was that stupid rape theory. I finally have something to replace that thought.... Anyways, you're still having problems with Gravatar?

The sentence structure in those quotes confuse me, but I honestly thought that was obvious.

• Makes sense that it confuses you, since these were mostly notes to myself rather than message to another person. The person I was writing to was an inactive account, so I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get a response.

Ah, that makes sense.

The only thing that came to mind about Clem's stress before this was that stupid rape theory.

Yeah, I do too. As if her redesign wasn't questionable enough.
    That type of thing goes as far back as Season 2.

Anyways, you're still having problems with Gravatar?

Yes. I've swapped the profile pic around several times

Makes sense that it confuses you, since these were mostly notes to myself rather than message to another person. The person I was writing to

• edited November 2017

Yeah, I do too. As if her redesign wasn't questionable enough.
    That type of thing goes as far back as Season 2.

Back to season 2? ..... I hope there is no other parts besides about Jane.

Yes. I've swapped the profile pic around several times

Th only other Advice I can give is the make sure the size of the pic is small enough for Gravatar to easily recreate in it's browser and changing the original format of the picture before uploading. Switching from .png to .jpeg seemed to work when I was having problems. Other than that, I hope the mods will be able to better assist.

Makes sense that it confuses you, since these were mostly notes to myself rather than message to another person. The person I was writing to

• I remember you mentioning the rape thing before. Ridiculous.

• I thought Kate was college-aged or rather just over it at first.

Also, while not necessarily a theory, I was kinda expecting Gabe to be 12 rather than 13 rather than 14.

• Yeah.
    Can't say I'm really a fan of that type of plot point or backstory here to begin with.

I remember you mentioning the rape thing before. Ridiculous.

• I remember thinking that the "I thought that you were dead" moment in Season 2 was going to be Lilly.

Nowadays, I'd say that the series has the best story in a video game.

• Similar to Kate on the game's cover, I initially thought David would be "Carver done right," especially after the trailer for Above the Law went out.

• I remember thinking that the "I thought that you were dead" moment in Season 2 was going to be Lily

Kinda wish it was, tbh.

I remember thinking that the "I thought that you were dead" moment in Season 2 was going to be Lilly. Nowadays, I'd say that the series has the best story in a video game.

• I thought that he'd be like Negan also. At the end, I like how he was written.

Similar to Kate on the game's cover, I initially thought David would be "Carver done right," especially after the trailer for Above the Law went out.

• I thought that he'd be like Negan also.

...Buh?

At the end, I like how he was written.

Meh.

I thought that he'd be like Negan also. At the end, I like how he was written.

• When I first saw a thumbnail of Clementine with the pink jacket I thought Ava would give it to her.

• If he was like Carver, he would have outright killed the bad bandits. He would have killed Javier for being with Kate. I liked how Joan was manipulating everyone and that David wasn't above the other leaders.

I thought that he'd be like Negan also. ...Buh? At the end, I like how he was written. Meh.

• Pink jacket? You mean the red one she has at the end?

Fangirl101 posted: »

When I first saw a thumbnail of Clementine with the pink jacket I thought Ava would give it to her.

• If he was like Carver, he would have outright killed the bad bandits.

This was before Above the Law was actually leaked. Thus, he was presumed to be the one ordering the raids.

He would have killed Javier for being with Kate.

Uh-huh-huh-hum...

I liked how Joan was manipulating everyone and that David wasn't above the other leaders.

Yeah, the Richmond Council of Four was a great concept. I just wish we got a little more out of it.

If he was like Carver, he would have outright killed the bad bandits. He would have killed Javier for being with Kate. I liked how Joan was manipulating everyone and that David wasn't above the other leaders.

• Yup, that one. It looked dark pink...thanks for correcting me, though!

Pink jacket? You mean the red one she has at the end?

• No prob, Bob! Speaking of whick...

Yup, that one. It looked dark pink...thanks for correcting me, though!

• When I saw thumbnails for From the Gallows before actually watching it, I thought Clementine in the red jacket was a flash forward to the future.

• edited November 2017

Bob? :joy:
    It's which. And what about Bob?

No prob, Bob! Speaking of whick...

• It was the next post of mine concerning the jacket.

Bob? It's which. And what about Bob?

• During the bridge scene in From the Gallows, particularly when the car creaked and spooked Kate, I got the feeling that the car itself would've been what killed Ava after she preemptively shoves Javier to the other side instead of ...whatever happened.

• And Tripp, too, then?

During the bridge scene in From the Gallows, particularly when the car creaked and spooked Kate, I got the feeling that the car itself would

• edited November 2017

I saw a playthrough where they didn't pick Ava first. Which meant I also saw Tripp's "ghost" first as well. :lol: :unamused:

And Tripp, too, then?

• Oh yes! Everyone was all about Tripp's "ghost" back then. :D
    You didn't play the episode yourself?

I saw a playthrough where they didn't pick Ava first. Which meant I also saw Tripp's "ghost" first as well.

• No, not yet anyway. The ending system revolving around hastily tying in Clementine at Gabe's expense based on an assortment of choices made not only during ANF proper, but also in Season 2 kinda discouraged what little initiative I had to play the game.

Oh yes! Everyone was all about Tripp's "ghost" back then. You didn't play the episode yourself?

• edited November 2017

When I saw thumbnails for From the Gallows before actually watching it, I thought Fern was gonna hijack the plot by either upstaging Joan or overthrowing Clint.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.