Season 2 + Ideas?

Now that seasons one over. Some of us want a season 2. Do you want a season 2? Why or why not? Not only that, but some ideas for season 2? Episode names for the season, And basically just say what you would do if you could make the whole series.
Me, Well i would want a season 2.
I overall enjoyed the first season. it was funny and just one of the best telltale games. The music was good and especially the mechanics. When you walk around and select things or people to interact with, you most of the time could use your jet boots and also call your friend AKA the guardians.
In season 1, i didn't see any relationship of crush or anything. I would like some romance to be mixed up, and actual good villains. The only part when the Kree was good was when Peter died. Same with good characters, but i think rocket could be the same. He's hilarious
Episode one! Evil Awakens
Episode two! Believe
Episode three! Loosing Hope
Episode four! New and Improved
Episode five! The end?

Comments

• edited November 2017

But there were crushes/romance in season 1.

There are 2 or 3 occasions in episodes 4 and 5 where you can have Peter tell Gamora that he likes her and even though she doesn't say it back, it's obvious that Gamora feels the same way about Peter.

I want them to continue using song titles for episode names.
    Once in a Lifetime would be one that i'd like.

• S1 was about team and overcoming guardians' past. At the end of S1 Guardians either get OK or fully overcomed their past. I want to see impact of this in S2. Also if you bing someone back by using Eternity Forge I would like to see some nice interactions with them.

And if S2 will be final I would like to see a lot of endings, like:
    *everyone is alive
    *everyone dies
    *each guardians can sacrifice himself/herself for some heroic moment (not like Drax who wasn't dead at all)
    *each guardian as last men standing, i.e. Peter and rest dies, only Rocket finishes S2 alive (it is said in description of him if he was blue, that he could be last one standing, so why not?)

But what could happen in S2?
    *they bring back Thanos
    *guardians fight with him and his army
    *guardians can get help from i.e. Kree if Bal-Dinn was put in charge of them, and plot would be around gathering allies to fight Thanos' armies
    *conflict in guardians, which is again resolved (but I would like option that it could NOT be resolved if you have chosen wrong, like Peter standing alone or with only 1 guardian like Mantis vs Thanos at the end)

• wait a second why everyone wants everyone to die in this game don't forget that we have favorite characters so it will be good without sacrifice or dying and idea from me it will be awesome if you can bring back the eternity forge or something like so we can bring back something we love not like S1 the ending u can revive only one person

Ravandel posted: »

S1 was about team and overcoming guardians' past. At the end of S1 Guardians either get OK or fully overcomed their past. I want to see impa

• Its not that I would insta rush for everyone dies ending ASAP, but I want that bad ending because you could screw up choices so you would think twice before choosing one. In S1 you got ending where everyone is happy anyway no matter how bad you have treated other guardians, so in S1 it was choice between good, better, best.

As for what you just said, I would like to see that also, I mean if there will be specific path in game with outcome where you would bring back everyone loved one.

I just like to have many options and figuring best / worst.

NightmareBG posted: »

wait a second why everyone wants everyone to die in this game don't forget that we have favorite characters so it will be good without sacri

• What I want for Season 2 is:
    1. The resurrected characters to have some part in the story or at least be seen in the game and interact with them.
    2. Romantic relationship between Peter and Gamora or Mantis.
    3. Choices as important and impactful as the Season 1 choices.
    These are just somethings I want at the moment since I am waiting for them to even announce a Season 2 although they kind of did with the ending of Season 1.

• edited November 2017

I have some ideas for Season 2 based on some events Marvel has for this, but that will depend on if it will work

"The War of Kings" - Based on the actual events sees the Shi'ar Empire expanding it's powers across the Galaxy. This event however would focus on the Skrulls or a different empire factions vying for power, and among them is the Spartax Empire. This is were your resurrected character choice will take effect because if you resurrect Peter's mother then there will be a special event involving his father, J'son, and he could be made into an ally. If not then there would be moments that he would become an enemy. Peter's half-sister would be involved in this

Each of the Empires would fight for control as a new power emerges, and this would play into this based on the decisions being made. Which is this

"The Black Vortex" - For those who know this the Black Vortex was made by a Celestial Godhead and would elevate one into a cosmic entity. This would be a breaking point because there would be a choice for Peter to either destroy or be empowered by it. If empowered then Peter would have full cosmic powers to decide how the war would end

Also if possible I would like Peter to get the Mister Knife outfit for himself along with a new weapon. Because this looks kinda cool

Also the Guardians would get a new ship if they're going to add more people. Adam Warlock as an example if the Sovereign race is involved in the war

What you guys think?

• I like some of your ideas however, I don't think Telltale is going to pick a storyline from the comics and will make their own storyline for Season 2. I do like the idea of StarLord getting a new outfit because the one you picked looks cool. I do think that probably the ship will be customizable at least since their ship get trashed in the first season and you have the option of letting Mantis join the Guardians and the resurrected character would probably stay with them on the ship.

SilentmanX posted: »

I have some ideas for Season 2 based on some events Marvel has for this, but that will depend on if it will work "The War of Kings" - Bas

• Guys do you actually think that Telltale would make a season 2 ? or at least have any chances?

• They better

Guys do you actually think that Telltale would make a season 2 ? or at least have any chances?

• Same I hope they make GOTG season 2.

Sbs1280 posted: »

They better

• I really don't want a season 2...there are better Marvel comics to make a Telltale game of...

• I think it has a great chance of being made. The Avengers Infinity War movie is almost out which would be great for them to try and release the game somewhere near the release of the movie because everyone knows that the Guardians of the Galaxy will be the ones to stop Thanos at least in my opinion.

Guys do you actually think that Telltale would make a season 2 ? or at least have any chances?

• I'm sorry but I have to ask then why are you here, you clearly saw from the title of the thread "ideas for season 2".

will00020 posted: »

I really don't want a season 2...there are better Marvel comics to make a Telltale game of...

• To be fair he is allowed to post his opinion just like the rest of us are. I think a season 2 should and will be made because the season was amazing and ended very strongly and also they teased a second season.

I'm sorry but I have to ask then why are you here, you clearly saw from the title of the thread "ideas for season 2".

• I know it just irritates me when people come to a thread just to hate on it knowing what the thread is about .I hate tales from the borderlands but you don't see me on their threads being negative.

• I hate TFTB too I'm glad I'm not the only one

I know it just irritates me when people come to a thread just to hate on it knowing what the thread is about .I hate tales from the borderlands but you don't see me on their threads being negative.

• I don't know about that

will00020 posted: »

I really don't want a season 2...there are better Marvel comics to make a Telltale game of...

• I do because there was a end credits scene also so man questions where not answered also I just really want them to I loved this game

• The end credits scene kind of confirms that TellTale will return to Guardians of the Galaxy at some point. Also the game was good but I hope that TellTale improves Season 2 into not having that many arguments between characters and make the character that I brought back with the eternity forge matter to the story and not kill them off.

• They can't kill any of the Guardians as GOTG is a Marvel IP.

Ravandel posted: »

S1 was about team and overcoming guardians' past. At the end of S1 Guardians either get OK or fully overcomed their past. I want to see impa

• I would love a season 2! the main reason is probably because I just loved the direction Season 1 was going in (or if they are not doing another season then WENT in) and if I were to write another season I would have to include Ronan as a 1 off side villain, Ego the living planet and Ego in human form as an ally to the Guardians but then he turns out to be the main villain of the season, for my last villain I think it would have to be that giant space monster from the start of vol. 2 just as a fun fight for the players. Maybe there could be a part where they go to Earth for a battle and there could be a Stark reference or something like that just to let you know that the Avengers exist in this universe.

As for episode titles I have come up with these....
    1. Return of The Guardians
    2. Space Dad
    3. In Danger
    4. Betrayed
    5. Galaxy Restored

• Personally, I'd like to see some other Guardians introduced in season 2. I'd love to see some big ones like Bug, Phyla-Vell (Quasar), Cosmo... Maybe Moondragon. I'd also like to see Mantis learn to hold her own in a fight. In the comics she was pretty great at space martial arts of some sort. Or maybe it was Earth martial arts, but any skill is more impressive if you put the word "space" in front of it. Space piloting... Space archery... Space microwave operating...

• The game is set in it's own universe similar to Batman and they can choose to kill off one of the guardians if they want too however, I doubt it since these characters are the main selling point of the game along with the story.

They can't kill any of the Guardians as GOTG is a Marvel IP.

• edited June 2018

I just finished this game right now and it was awesome i had a blast while playing it, i was so immersed and Drax always made me laugh out loud which happens very rare lol.
    The music is actually awesome i enjoyed it. The interactions and ability to talk to someone by holding shift is also great not to mention jet boosts. There must be a season 2 i can see a potentional to it.
    For example Thanos become alive again or Hala escapes prison.
    Bal din could send support troops to help fight Thanos.
    Gamora sister can finally be re-united with her.
    Now that the Guardians are finally geting along we should see how well they do now as an improved team more than ever.
    And we have to see PQ finally be in relationship with Gamora or Mantis if you prefer.
    I just hope they make season 2 althought im really not sure if there will be one im starting to doubt it.

• I'd like to see more of characters like Howard, Cosmo, and Kitty Pride. Cosmo was in the comics but I'd like to see them in game.

• Personally I would like to see Season Two focus on the Infinity War. Or maybe focus on preventing Thanos from acquiring the Infinity Gauntlet and the Infinity Stones.

• Guardians has been great and I can't wait for more. Please is season 2 possible?

• Is the last one not a bit of a spoiler?

Tazmangamez posted: »

I would love a season 2! the main reason is probably because I just loved the direction Season 1 was going in (or if they are not doing anot

Sign in to comment in this discussion.