"The Big Scary U" Episode Discussion

InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
edited December 2017 in The Walking Dead

After the Ezekiel focused episode last week, which was good, we got Negan this week.

Should be a fun time.

As always comment before, while, and after you watch.

Tagged:

Comments

• Title drop already.

Also, "I like killing people." lol I've missed Negan.

• Damn, a whole 15 minutes before we even get the main theme opening.

• Yeah that was definitely one of the longest. Still, I think the line they ended on was pretty fitting. The only other place I could think would be when Negan and his lieutenants were first going out.

Damn, a whole 15 minutes before we even get the main theme opening.

• Fr. Gabriel calling Negan out on his shit, I fucking love it. He's seeing right through Negan's facade and excuses and he's having none of it. Who's the weak one now Negan?

• Daryl and Rick fighting each other, and now the guns are destroyed, way to go you guys.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited November 2017

Okay the cut from Rick vs. Daryl to Eugene playing video games was hilarious.

On that, I don’t remember Rick being so moral.

Also, I’m a little confused since it was so dark. Father Gabriel was beaten to death by Negan just then? That what it looked like but I couldn’t tell for sure. If so, uh, wow.

EDIT: Okay so it was just a walker I guess and he was going to that room. Wish the show runners would have a lantern in this RV. I do like the shadows on Negan though, they really are atmospheric.

• NeganxGabriel = The bromance I never even knew I wanted

• Gabriel: You're forgiven.
    gets punched in the face
    Negan: Thanks.

This episode has some pretty funny moments to it, not going to lie.

• Filthy garbage people confirmed. I forgot about them.

Also, the helicopter. That, that was something interesting.

• edited November 2017

Good episode. Rick vs Daryl was weird. Not sure what Daryl's thinking, intentionally breaking the plan, and potentially getting innocent people hurt doesn't really sound like him.

I wonder if Negan confessing is how AMC's gonna do Here's Negan. It seems a little early for that though. At this point in the comics he was ruthless. A little strange to give him a soft side this early in the war.

Really hoping Eugene will help Father Gabriel, and I'm assuming Dwight, instead of snitch on them.

Oh yeah, "I wear a leather jacket, I have Lucille, and my nutsack... is made of steel." was awesome.

• 5th episode without michonne and Rosita

• Let the show go back to people vs Walkers, with people being more organised, having more of a plan this time rather than complete chaos. Give the show more of an early season feeling rather than this nonsense. Get rid of cartoon characters like Negan, Ezikel, generic action heroes like Michonne, Daryl, Jesus, get rid of Rick if necessary. Make the show about people again rather than action heroes. Community vs Community is cheesy now.

• Not sure what Daryl's thinking, intentionally breaking the plan, and potentially getting innocent people hurt doesn't really sound like him.

Munching on Dog food Sanmiches while listening to easy street hours a day has developed his new way of thinking. Not to mention getting Glenn and Denise indirectly killed by these enemies has guilt weighing Daryl's mind down.

GiantKiller posted: »

Good episode. Rick vs Daryl was weird. Not sure what Daryl's thinking, intentionally breaking the plan, and potentially getting innocent peo

• Negan loves himself some weiners :D

• I don't think that's it. Imo, Daryl blamed Dwight and Negan for what happened to him. Maggie forgave him for Glenn, pretty much telling him to let it go. After he and Dwight became cool, I thought he did and was on the road to recovery. But idk, seems like he's the way he was when the group lost the prison, and after they lost Beth. He is lost. Doesn't know which way is up, like when he joined the Claimed Crew.

Don't know what's going on with him, but I don't like it. He needs to grow up. You can't be selfish in a time like this. This war isn't just about him and his group. It's about a whole new world.

He needs a swift kick in the ass from Carol, imo. But she's got her hands full.

Ladariel posted: »

Not sure what Daryl's thinking, intentionally breaking the plan, and potentially getting innocent people hurt doesn't really sound like him.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.