"The King, the Widow, and Rick" Episode Discussion

InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
edited December 2017 in The Walking Dead

After last week's Negan-filled adventure, we have uh, actually I don't remember what this episode's shtick is supposed to be.

So, uh, comment before, while, and after you watch, obviously.

Tagged:

Comments

• By the way, that one Carl encountered a few episodes ago. Remember him?

Well, that was Siddiq for all you comic readers. Just found out yesterday.

• Okay, okay, I know I commented so soon already and I usually wait for other people, but this is seriously deserving an exception.

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THESE FILTHY GARBAGE PEOPLE?

• Well, you’re right.

By the way, that one Carl encountered a few episodes ago. Remember him? Well, that was Siddiq for all you comic readers. Just found out yesterday.

• I'm still trying to figure out if that chick was naked in the opening scene, making that cat sculpture. (No DVR v_v)

• Haven’t kids learned that they need to stay the hell away from Carol.

• Definitely. Totally.

I think it was a tiger sculpture too.

Black-Op1 posted: »

I'm still trying to figure out if that chick was naked in the opening scene, making that cat sculpture. (No DVR v_v)

• And the award for most badass and hilarious kill goes to Rosita.

• I'm actually getting a little irritated with the heroes always being one step ahead... Like, I was legit cheering for Leo and Zia (?) in that scene.

• I'm just waiting for the mid-season finale. So close...

I'm actually getting a little irritated with the heroes always being one step ahead... Like, I was legit cheering for Leo and Zia (?) in that scene.

• Morgan is the character crossing over to Fear The Walking Dead.

• Yeah, and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I mean, I LOVED Season 3 of Fear, but I don't know if I'm confident enough to trust that show with Morgan's character. And it begs the question of how the timelines are going to link up.

Morgan is the character crossing over to Fear The Walking Dead.

• I stopped watching after they killed Travis (which I’m still laughing over to this day) so I have no idea what’s been going on since then. Is it really worth getting back into? Is Strand still alive? Is Alicia still hot?

Yeah, and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I mean, I LOVED Season 3 of Fear, but I don't know if I'm confident enough to trust that show with Morgan's character. And it begs the question of how the timelines are going to link up.

• I was pretty close to quitting after Travis too... but maaaannnn Season 3 was pretty amazing. A lot of internal group conflict (something Walking Dead prime hasn't had since Shane), friends became enemies, enemies became friends, turf wars, battles over resources etc. Worse part about Fear is Madison, but she's surrounded by infinitely more interesting characters, so as long as you can grit your teeth and make it through her scenes you'll like it.

Another thing I'll say about Fear, they know how to do a goddamn Season finale. They're 3/3 with Season finales. And yeah Strand is still alive. And Alicia's gotta be the hottest chick out of both shows...

I stopped watching after they killed Travis (which I’m still laughing over to this day) so I have no idea what’s been going on since then. Is it really worth getting back into? Is Strand still alive? Is Alicia still hot?

• Good to know

And Alicia's gotta be the hottest chick out of both shows...

Definitely good to know.

I was pretty close to quitting after Travis too... but maaaannnn Season 3 was pretty amazing. A lot of internal group conflict (something Wa

• I fear for the kid because every kid Carol comes in contact with dies

• edited November 2017

Good episode.

The King- I feel for him. Totally want him to rally back though.

The Widow- Maggie seems more and more like her comic counterpart, and I'm loving it. Seems like Jesus will talk her down from her bloodlust. Plot twist: She actually kills those Saviors.

And Rick- what's there to say. He's pretty dumb thinking that would've actually worked. Note to self: When surrounded by strangers, don't threaten to kill them all.

Loved the fact Rosita hopped in the car with Michonne. There's a bond there. Can't wait to see them together more. Daryl and Tara going rogue is not good. Hope they don't ruin anything. But they're off to a good start killing the Fat Lady.

• That really was incredibly dumb on Rick's part to go to the trash people. I don't get them. I wonder if we will ever get the beach women or if that's already been answered in the negative.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.