Walking Fan Art of the DEAD... (New and Improved)

Comments

• Most of what does exist of ANF in general has been 3d, Mariana focused(because of course), Gabe focused, Gabentine focused(because of fucking course), or some combination.

The shipping I expected.
    what about mariana do you mean exactly?

Yeah, now that you mention it, it is odd that there is so little art of her from I've seen.

Eh heh. I'm glad you agree. I went over that a lot trying to find the right... wording. So to speak.

I've had some varied ideas and...scenarios for pieces involving her for a while now,
    what do you mean by that? :flushed:

On that note, I've found 3 hits on deviantart from google. And two of them are fairly unrelated furries, for some reason.

and the other one?

DabigRG posted: »

ANF probably barely got any, anyway. If I had to guess, it's likely because there are relatively few people who bought and really en

• w...what is this?

fodrom_ posted: »

Teaser for my TWD project. Full video 10 minutes. I hope I can finish all parts to New Year.

• no no no no NO

Cheese and Rice... Cheese n' FUCKING Rice! Is this The Walking Dead Game or The Cleveland Show? Woah, shoulda put down that last walker. Was Jane the only one who got pregnant that winter? Credit to @deadmanwalkingamc

• NOO

Credit to @deadmanwalkingamc

• Yes.

Credit to @deadmanwalkingamc

• what about mariana do you mean exactly?

He doesn't like the fact that there is Mariana fanart.

Louche posted: »

Most of what does exist of ANF in general has been 3d, Mariana focused(because of course), Gabe focused, Gabentine focused(because of fuckin

• The shipping I expected.

Yeah. Funny how people tend to put so much time, energy, and thought into someone's else hypothetical love and/or sex life.

what about mariana do you mean exactly?

That there's a fair sum of art around her. Simple and Clean.

Eh heh. I'm glad you agree. I went over that a lot trying to find the right... wording. So to speak.

Giggity? And of course I agree. She was a favorite months before the first two parter came out.

what do you mean by that? :flushed:

Wouldn't you like to know. Maybe you'll find out one day soon.

no no no no NO

Not sure what you're getting at here, but lol either way.

NOO

Admittedly, the artstyle(and Negan's quote there) could've been better.

Yes

:smile:
    Oh shit, I just realized I creditted the wrong person!

Most of what does exist of ANF in general has been 3d, Mariana focused(because of course), Gabe focused, Gabentine focused(because of fuckin

• I never said that and probably never would.

Fangirl101 posted: »

what about mariana do you mean exactly? He doesn't like the fact that there is Mariana fanart.

• edited December 2017

That there's a fair sum of art around her. Simple and Clean.

I wouldn't know. Unlike you, I don't google search little girls very often. :smirk:

Giggity? And of course I agree. She was a favorite months before the first two parter came out.

Depending on your perspective... yes, giggity.
    At that point, I hadn't even registered, I think. So I had no idea. But something finally snapped at the final episode and I guess I had to voice some complaints.

Wouldn't you like to know. Maybe you'll find out one day soon.

you know where to find me. (hint: it ends with art and begins with deviancy)

Not sure what you're getting at here, but lol either way.

The sarah and clem pic is terrifying, the negan pic is better but that chick is my nightmare, and the carlos and sarah one is actually nice.

The shipping I expected. Yeah. Funny how people tend to put so much time, energy, and thought into someone's else hypothetical love

• Oh hoho that's right, I love the drama.

Fangirl101 posted: »

what about mariana do you mean exactly? He doesn't like the fact that there is Mariana fanart.

• I didn't receive a notification for that. Probably because you're lying.

I never said that and probably never would.

• Check It Out ! About 1 Week Of Work ! I Love The Walking Dead So Much I Had To ReCreate It, Couldn't Find The FanArt Forum Topic So I Made A Thread, l'll Be Doing More Since I Love Doing It, Also Sharing It With You Guys Is Awesome !

• Nice! I wish I had your perseverance for recreation, I've been trying to make Walking Dead stages in Disney Infinity and usually give up because I don't know how to make it work out.

• Hm, I don't see much fanart of Becca, so I'll have to take your word from it. It wouldn't exactly surprise me though given how Romanticized fanart in general tends to be.

Really, I think it'd be easy to distinguish between them with certain rules:

• Sarita is larger, taller, "wrinklier", and all around thicker than the other two
    • Sarah has messier hair and should probably be the thinnest of them all
    • Becca should be more androgenous(not as feminine or cute) than the other two

It's not a problem in games obviously, but in fan art often Sarita, Sarah and Becca tend to look interchangeable

• and the other one?

It was probably this one.
    enter image description here
    There are a few other things with her, but they're screenshots from the game proper.

• I love anf's theme <3
    Awesome job btw : )

Check It Out ! About 1 Week Of Work ! I Love The Walking Dead So Much I Had To ReCreate It, Couldn't Find The FanArt Forum Topic So I Made A Thread, l'll Be Doing More Since I Love Doing It, Also Sharing It With You Guys Is Awesome !

• Nice. Her skull looks a bit alien-like though

and the other one? It was probably this one. There are a few other things with her, but they're screenshots from the game proper.

• It's true they do, lots of artists don't care about those details. So it's just a medium sized woman/girl with medium length dark hair and somewhat dark-ish skin. And one has glasses.

Sarita is around thicker than the other two.

Yes... we did just establish that recently. :smirk:

Sarah has messier hair and should probably be the thinnest of them all

Not sure how you could tell, I'm pretty sure she wears baggier clothing than Becca. What type of fanart are you seeing...

Becca should be more androgenous(not as feminine or cute) than the other two

Hey, I agree Becca is kina androgynous but that doesn't make her ugly or not cute. I guess she's supposed to be a proper tomboy. Sarah's attractiveness seemed to dip compared to the concept art (they made her nose really big in the final game for some reason) but she does always look like a girl.

Hm, I don't see much fanart of Becca, so I'll have to take your word from it. It wouldn't exactly surprise me though given how Romanticized

• Holy shit, that's amazing.

LeeClemKen posted: »

This one is done by me, it's a comic book recreation of the original

• Not sure how you could tell, I'm pretty sure she wears baggier clothing than Becca.

Good point, but I think it applies either way. It's just one of the things that stuck out about Sarah proportionwise compared to Clementine.

What type of fanart are you seeing...

I honestly don't know how to answer that.

Hey, I agree Becca is kina androgynous but that doesn't make her ugly or not cute.

I didn't say that.

I guess she's supposed to be a proper tomboy.

That was my guess-timation, yes.

Sarah's attractiveness seemed to dip compared to the concept art

I still find it weird that you say that considering you're comparing a full 3d model to a Hanna-Babera/WilliamsStreet art sketch.

(they made her nose really big in the final game for some reason)

Oh yeah, that's another distinguishing feature. I think it might've been to make her glasses look like they fit better.

It's true they do, lots of artists don't care about those details. So it's just a medium sized woman/girl with medium length dark hair and s

• Good point, but I think it applies either way. It's just one of the things that stuck out about Sarah proportionwise compared to Clementine.

What? The older character looks older? No way! :hushed:

I honestly don't know how to answer that.

Even if you did, you shouldn't

I still find it weird that you say that considering you're comparing a full 3d model to a Hanna-Babera/WilliamsStreet art sketch.

Huh? Telltale's concept art is quality. Sometimes it looks uncanny valley-ish, but what is this hanna barbera comparison? Are you shitting me?
    I dunno, rarely does concept art fully translate well. Even when they fully adhere to the design it still looks off. Like Kenny. I like the way he looked in concept art better as well, it's not just the girls. http://www.jessemaccabe.com/images/walkingdead2/jessemaccabe_WD2_kenny.jpg

Oh yeah, that's another distinguishing feature. I think it might've been to make her glasses look like they fit better.

It's still distracting.

Not sure how you could tell, I'm pretty sure she wears baggier clothing than Becca. Good point, but I think it applies either way. I

• edited December 2017

What? The older character looks older? No way! :hushed:

Oh boy.... Look, I realize that might not have been a very reference to make in context. The point is Sarah is a scrawny teenager and it sorta makes sense to remember that when drawing her.

Even if you did, you shouldn't

Whatever that means. Messy hair is messy hair.

Huh? Telltale's concept art is quality. Sometimes it looks uncanny valley-ish, but what is this hanna barbera comparison? Are you shitting me?

Well, that's why I also suggested Williams Street. You know, because of the dot eyes?

I dunno, rarely does concept art fully translate well. Even when they fully adhere to the design it still looks off.

It's almost like it's concept art. Compact renders at that.

Like Kenny. I like the way he looked in concept art better as well, it's not just the girls.

Kenny almost looks like a different fella there. Then again, that might just be because he's not rambling or screaming on with his usual bug eyes and big mouth there.

Good point, but I think it applies either way. It's just one of the things that stuck out about Sarah proportionwise compared to Clementine.

• edited December 2017

Oh boy.... Look, I realize that might not have been a very reference to make in context. The point is Sarah is a scrawny teenager and it sorta makes sense to remember that when drawing her.
    Whatever that means. Messy hair is messy hair.

I don't even know what we're talking about at this point.

Well, that's why I also suggested Williams Street. You know, because of the dot eyes?

Or maybe that's just because the pic of the season 2 chart is low-res and far away? That concept art wasn't "officially" shown like Ava's and others was, I'm sure she doesn't have dot eyes.

It's almost like it's concept art. Compact renders at that.

Wrong. It's FINALIZED concept art. As in, given the green-light to go to the rendering stage. It's supposed to be directly based on the design.
    We've seen very little "in progress" designs. Saw some alternate jackets for season 2 clem, saw luke and nick's heads swapped etc. Even then, not much, almost implying they got the designs right from the get-go which I very much doubt.

Kenny almost looks like a different fella there. Then again, that might just be because he's not rambling or screaming on with his usual bug eyes and big mouth there.

Looks like a somber, aged, more humble Kenny.
    Instead of the angry arrogant loudmouth we got.

What? The older character looks older? No way! Oh boy.... Look, I realize that might not have been a very reference to make in cont

• I don't even know what we're talking about at this point.

Drawing characters "right," I guess.

Or maybe that's just because the pic of the season 2 chart is low-res and far away? That concept art wasn't "officially" shown like Ava's and others was, I'm sure she doesn't have dot eyes.

True.
    It's also worth noting that Ava's concept art is of just her, meaning she's not compressed to featured other characters.

Wrong. It's FINALIZED concept art. As in, given the green-light to go to the rendering stage. It's supposed to be directly based on the design.
    We've seen very little "in progress" designs. Saw some alternate jackets for season 2 clem, saw luke and nick's heads swapped etc. Even then, not much, almost implying they got the designs right from the get-go which I very much doubt.

Yes, directly based, whatver. Either way, there's bound to be some minor differences when you actually put the design in multi-angular motion.

Looks like a somber, aged, more humble Kenny.
    Instead of the angry arrogant loudmouth we got.

Exactly.
    Which is sad, considering a more introspective and experienced Kenny could've been interesting.

Oh boy.... Look, I realize that might not have been a very reference to make in context. The point is Sarah is a scrawny teenager and it sor

• edited December 2017

This is Original Character Tristan from the Fanfic I've been working on. Posted it on Twitter. I've since polished up the outlines and some of colors to make it look just a Little Bit better. Not really striving for Realism though.

• Lol, Dbz. Nah, I'm just joking.

Still more effort than I put into my stuff, regardless. :p

patrickrc95 posted: »

This is Original Character Tristan from the Fanfic I've been working on. Posted it on Twitter. I've since polished up the outlines and some of colors to make it look just a Little Bit better. Not really striving for Realism though.

• drawing characters right

Well, it's more like if the character starts in the concept art, are they "incorrect" if they're not translated properly to the game?
    Does that even make sense?

True. It's also worth noting that Ava's concept art is of just her, meaning she's not compressed to featured other characters.

That was a scale chart, I think. They would have drawn them all individually first, obviously.
    I know it's pedantic. But since the games are supposed to resemble 2D art with the outlines and textures, it seems more noticeable to me when there's a discrepancy between the concept art and the game.

Exactly. Which is sad, considering a more introspective and experienced Kenny could've been interesting.

But then who would stir up cheap drama, right? I mean, you'd think almost dying would have set him straight a bit. But I heard that he even shittalks Ben despite trying to save him.

I don't even know what we're talking about at this point. Drawing characters "right," I guess. Or maybe that's just because th

• edited December 2017

Well, it's more like if the character starts in the concept art, are they "incorrect" if they're not translated properly to the game?
    Does that even make sense?

No, because unless there's some sort of important detail that gets left out, the 3d model is what ultimately matters since it's what everyone will be looking at and caring about.

Besides, I meant drawing "right" in the context of fanart, where there's bound to be liberties taken. Sometimes egregious ones.

That was a scale chart, I think. They would have drawn them all individually first, obviously.

Or right on top of each other in the Spanish family's case.

I know it's pedantic. But since the games are supposed to resemble 2D art with the outlines and textures, it seems more noticeable to me when there's a discrepancy between the concept art and the game.

I suppose there's a point to be had there. But still, see my first part of this reply for brevity.

But then who would stir up cheap drama, right?

Lol.

I mean, you'd think almost dying would have set him straight a bit. But I heard that he even shittalks Ben despite trying to save him.

Yeah, he does. On one hand, I suppose it could've worked if it really was something that suddenly happened while Kenny was still being selfish. But the fact that he's even bringing up Ben to begin with means they already talked about that shit, Kenny actually put thought into Ben's POV throughout the story, and had time to make some sort of peace concerning the matter, so him suddenly shittalking him there was really just an excuse to throw out a shitbird reference.

drawing characters right Well, it's more like if the character starts in the concept art, are they "incorrect" if they're not transl

• edited December 2017

I agree, but also disagree.

Or right on top of each other in the Spanish family's case.

Well, maybe those two _were _drawn together. They may have wanted a certain resemblance, or just to create a certain paternal/daughter feel.

so him suddenly shittalking him there was really just an excuse to throw out a shitbird reference.

backtracking character development with cheap retcons because that's how people remember kenny, as a belligerent asshole. Or maybe it has to do with how people remember Ben. Telltale may have thought that was amusing for players that hated him. Same with how they gave Clem that line about knowing a guy that always screwed up. (i remember people complaining about that line, too)

Well, it's more like if the character starts in the concept art, are they "incorrect" if they're not translated properly to the game? Doe

• I agree, but also disagree.

But of course.

Well, maybe those two _were _drawn together. They may have wanted a certain resemblance, or just to create a certain paternal/daughter feel.

I suppose. Still, it's kinda hard not to see this as an odd form of clipping.

Telltale may have thought that was amusing for players that hated him.

An ability they didn't exactly use the best that Season, some might say.

Same with how they gave Clem that line about knowing a guy that always screwed up. (i remember people complaining about that line, too)

Oh yeah? Personally, I didn't mind that one since it's more of a direct contextual reference and Clementine can indeed acknowledge Ben's shaky competence in Season 1 if you tell her you're leaving her with him, so if not out of range for her.

I agree, but also disagree. Or right on top of each other in the Spanish family's case. Well, maybe those two _were _drawn tog

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited December 2017

Oh yeah? Personally, I didn't mind that one since it's more of a direct contextual reference and Clementine can indeed acknowledge Ben's shaky competence in Season 1 if you tell her you're leaving her with him, so if not out of range for her.

Yes. See? This is something we needed but never got in Season 3. These types of interactions would've provided a Reasonable amount of Context to some of the decisions she made and Patched up the Writing.

• Nice! :)

patrickrc95 posted: »

• Man, when I want to see some fanart, I want to be able to see the whole Goddamn thing.

Original credit to: @Chameshida ~ Tumblr

Ahh, that's better.

Credit to @InsanityLover828

• Oh, see, I didn't know/bother tracking down a bigger/fuller version. My bad!

Man, when I want to see some fanart, I want to be able to see the whole Goddamn thing. Original credit to: @Chameshida ~ Tumblr Ahh, that's better.

• I Created Another 3D World FanArt Of The Walking Dead Season 3 City Of Richmond Areas, Check It Out about 2 weeks of work !

• I am creating my first Fan-Art for this game... for now it's WIP, but stay turned!

Here's my fan art .

• You know, after seeing this, I think I feel a little more apt about drawing something to post here.

how ninja lady joins our group; i almost forgot about David the bandit king

• enter image description here

Oh my goodness..., this is...
    :love:
    Credit to Linsneakers

• What Sarah could've been... Damn you Carlos.

Oh my goodness..., this is... Credit to Linsneakers

Sign in to comment in this discussion.