What Final Season Design Choices would you like to see? Character Designs, Community Ideas, etc.

edited February 2018 in The Walking Dead

What kind of design choices would you like to see in the final season and your reasons for wanting them. This includes character designs, community ideas, characters and their background and personality ideas, fan-made concept art, types of music you would like to see, types of scenes you would like to see, etc. If you have made final season fan-art or have written a story for some of these concepts you are welcome to post them here.

Here are some examples:

Character Design: I'd like to see the major characters wear backpacks and have weapon holsters so it isn't a mystery where they get their stuff from and where they put it away when they're done with it. No more pants with magical pockets that can hold vast amounts of supplies in them! For example season 1 was the worst when it came to this. Like most people, I loved season 1 and those puzzle sequences and hubs were amazing but I am convinced that Lee had a magic pair of pants considering the way me shoved that huge blow torch down his pocket, climbed the ladder and then pulled it out of thin air. Animations where Clementine puts things away and retrieves them from her backpack would be a nice feature.

Also as for Clem's hair: I'm not a fan of her new hairstyle but the thing that bothers be the most about it is that there is one side that is shaved. How did Javi acomplish this with only a pair of scissors? I don't know about you, but I didn't see any hair buzzers around. Anyways I messed around in photoshop to apply hair to the shaved side and I thinke it looks much better:

Before:

After:

I think it would be cool if Clementine's hair grows and changes over time in the final season. It starts out like how it is in ANF episode 5 and as the series progresses it gets longer so she decides to tie it up. The player can decide to tie it up in the two nots like before or just one tight bun.

I also feel like in the final season episode 1 they have to continue the streak of the main protagonist getting some form of an injury some time during the first episode. Season 1 Lee hurt his leg. Season 2 Clem got bit by the dog. ANF Javier gets knifed by Eli which barely missed his eye. Clementine in ANF either looses her finger, gets a scarred forehead, bullet scar on cheek, or a tattoo which is kind of like a scar.

Here is my attempt to give Clem a scar:

Community Ideas: It would be cool to see a community that has been built out of an old highschool. The cafeteria has been converted into a market, classrooms have been made into apartments, they use the cameras throughout the school for security, etc. Clementine can walk around and speculate what her life could have been.

Comments

• @Alyssa_TTG seeing that you are the creative director you may be interested in some of the Ideas the fans would like to see.

• Character Design:

I'd like to see some signs of patch work on clothing to give it that visual feel that society has had to make use of what was available for the past 4 years. Maybe for the new characters, we can see clothing duct taped together, patched, and/or stitched with other pieces of clothing. Clem's flashback outfit from ANF is a good example of what I mean.

Since TTG already changed the design style of the game and has used variants of it in Batman and GOTG, I'm fine with them keeping it. My only request would be if they could tweak the outlines to give the main outer boarders more thickness. That way, it still resembles a comic/graphic novel a bit more.

Communities:

I like your high school idea. While I was down at my college, Old Dominion University, I wondered what a TWD-style community would do to make it a shelter. The older dorms use CMU as their main structure, so they would be longer lasting than the newer wood based building. We have a track to a cancelled monorail that could be converted to a catwalk to avoid walkers below. Boarded up parking garages would make great look out points. Considering Norfolk, VA has the naval base, a few shipping ports and yards, and is only accessible by land from the south end (assuming all the tunnels to that would be blocked, barricaded, or destroyed), the area would be a very interesting setting for TWD's universe.

But as for communities in the final season, I'd like to see McCarrol ranch use fortified buildings like schools, stores/malls, community centers, etc. I know we have seen this idea implied or indirectly mentioned with Crawford, Howe's, and Richmond. If MR is in fact a ranch or farm, I'd like to see how fortified it is; what St. John's dairy farm could have been. It would be nice touch for there to be an apple tree for Clem see since see likes apples. Speaking of which...

Clementine's Internal Battle

It would be interesting if TTG used an apple tree, a school, or a treehouse as a reoccurring location for moments in the game where Clem reveals and/or addresses her mental, psychological, and emotional struggles. It was implied a little bit (to me, at least) that AJ and his well being at MR along with Clementine's longing for a family while distrusting people will play a role in the final season. This is assuming that TTG is picking up those end for the final season.

Also, it would be a nice touch if TTG can make how much we reveal or deal with regarding Clem's internal battle optional. What I mean is that in order to go deeper inside her brain, you have to keep selecting those rather uncomfortable dialogue options. Those options get more and more uncomfortable the deeper you go. It will allow us, the player, to wonder "Is now a goo time to talk about X, Y, and/or Z?" We won't know if we will get another chance. Let revealing too much too soon or not enough too late play a role is certain key scenes. Think of it as a dialogue-puzzle hybrid; you strategize like a puzzle but through conversations at key times. Your key is to find that balance.

That's all I have for now. Sorry for the long ramble.

• Character Design:

I like your patched clothing idea. It would really help to get everybody immersed into the post-apocalyptic setting.

I'd like to see McCarrol ranch use fortified buildings like schools, stores/malls, community centers, etc. I know we have seen this idea implied or indirectly mentioned with Crawford, Howe's, and Richmond. If MR is in fact a ranch or farm, I'd like to see how fortified it is; what St. John's dairy farm could have been. It would be nice touch for there to be an apple tree for Clem see since see likes apples.

I really like that last part you said about how the McCarrol ranch could be a symbol of what the St. Johns could have been. That would make for great "Free Walk" moments where Clementine can walk around and remember the St. Johns especialy since that was the place where she was first exposed to the reality that humans are more dangerous than the walkers. It was that event that really caused her to slowly lose her child innocence.

Clementine's Internal Battle

I love this idea of Clementine being able to take a few moments to reflect and be conflicted over past events, decisions, past desires as well as future desires.

eRock92 posted: »

Character Design: I'd like to see some signs of patch work on clothing to give it that visual feel that society has had to make use of wh

• when you can hit that fade with just scissors and start to question why you became a baseball player and not a barber

• I'd like it if we could choose our outfit. Imagine if in Hubs (if we even get any lmao) you could find stuff like a jacket or shoes or some type of clothing and you could put it on. It would serve no purpose to the story but it would be fun and give something to do in hubs instead of just, do this, now continue. I always wanted stuff we collected in Telltale games to feel like they impact more than just "o i have it in my pocket so now is the time to use it" so I think it would be kinda cool if we could "dress up" with stuff we find in hubs. Obviously its not a giant impact but it feels rewarding to visually see a difference.

• I want the decision to change Clem's appearance, most notably that horribly out of character haircut that we had literally no say in.

• GohanFGCGohanFGC Banned
    edited February 2018

I don't entirely agree that it was out of character, but I STILL like this idea. I think Life is Strange: Before the Storm had similar options although they didn't really go THAT far.

I want the decision to change Clem's appearance, most notably that horribly out of character haircut that we had literally no say in.

• Would love to see a Muslim woman appear in The Final Season with a headscarf around her head.

• There needs to be a scene or two where Clementine finally has to fight

• I would also like this season to have the more bleak and desperate vibe of s1 than the community rebuilding aspect of ANF. Let us see more of how people survive in the wilderness and go back to exploring the dark side of human nature. Make every turn dangerous and unpredictable.

• edited February 2018

I bring up Nate often when asked who I want to see be brought back but in truth I'm mostly just interested in his archetype. That is to say the hedonist that has completely given up on trying to take the apocalypse seriously. It's a character type that has been explored so little if at all aside from Nate in the game series yet would most likely be pretty common if a real ZA were to break out. I think there's some good potential for such a character in The Final Season.

Most of all though I want this season to be the ultimate test of Clem's morality. We've seen Clem go down the slippery slope towards the reprehensible throughout the series, though how fast she slides obviously depends on your choices. I want TFS to do all it can to be the final push that turns Clem into an all out monster. Every choice tempting the player to make deplorable decisions for the wellbeing of herself, her group and AJ.

• edited February 2018

I thought about it at first seeing a moment that could arise in her fighting someone but then having it broken up before it starts. Just to egg us on. And then seeing it actually happen an episode or two later. It could be with some asshole that we really want to clock in the side of the head with our pistol when we first meet. But when it finally comes to the moment when we have to do something about their actions. Oh yeah! So worth the wait!

I have another idea. It could be her pissing off the wrong person and the person starts to beat up on her. But at the right moment she sees the upper hand and beats the hell out of them.
    After all, she is a quick learner.

DabigRG posted: »

There needs to be a scene or two where Clementine finally has to fight

• Well, it does tie into the need for her to finally have a proper personal antagonist, but sure.
    And none of that "push them into nearby hazards" crap. No, if Clementine gonna have any chance of coming out remotely successful near the end, she's gotta either fuckin earn it by legitimately working for it or take her lumps like a champ. Preferably both.

I thought about it at first seeing a moment that could arise in her fighting someone but then having it broken up before it starts. Just to

• none of that "push them into nearby hazards" crap.

I actually love the fight scenes where the player has to rely on using their surroundings to win a fight. One thing season 2 really did shine on was how the action sequences acknowledged that Clementine was a young girl as opposed to a grown man and didn't have the ability to win most fights based on brute strength alone. Thus, she had to rely on using her surroundings to her advantage to survive a fight. Clem has grown a lot since then and has gained much more physical strength but nevertheless if she found herself in an up close and personal fight against a grown man she would be at a disadvantage, and would have to use resourcefulness and technique to survive. Clementine is a badass but she is a badass because she is smart, cunning, and resourceful. She wouldn't have survived this long if she relied solely on muscle and "fair fighting".

Well, it does tie into the need for her to finally have a proper personal antagonist, but sure. And none of that "push them into nearby haz

• Oh no, don't get me wrong, those are indeed elements of a well done fight scene!It's just that said hazards happen to be walkers or skewers in the few examples I can recall.

Plus, a fair fight not being that, well, fair for certain people is kind of the point. That's why there should be a few opponents that she could somewhat feasibly last against.

Veeeee posted: »

none of that "push them into nearby hazards" crap. I actually love the fight scenes where the player has to rely on using their surr

• Yah. That's the way it should go. I was looking to having a fight like that too someday. I haven't had a good tussle since middle school and would love to know what it feels like again. I don't care If I get torn up during it, the intensity of it is what I want to experience.

Well, it does tie into the need for her to finally have a proper personal antagonist, but sure. And none of that "push them into nearby haz

• Your avi is exactly what Clem should be looking right now in-game. Wtf is with all this edgy bs all about? :angry:

Would love to see a Muslim woman appear in The Final Season with a headscarf around her head.

• Excuse me, but I think you misunderstood what this thread is about.

Your avi is exactly what Clem should be looking right now in-game. Wtf is with all this edgy bs all about?

• :D I couldn't help it

Excuse me, but I think you misunderstood what this thread is about.

edited February 2018

If Gabe's character is supported in TFS it would be interesting to see them Morph his design a little bit. Giving him a similar wardrobe in general but everything he wears is black (Real Gritty/Angsty).

• I couldn't help but snicker when I got to the end of this. :lol:

But hey, as Ava demonstrates, darkness doesn't always correlate to evil.

GohanFGC posted: »

If Gabe's character is supported in TFS it would be interesting to see them Morph his design a little bit. Giving him a similar wardrobe in general but everything he wears is black (Real Gritty/Angsty).

edited February 2018

Agreed.

I couldn't help but snicker when I got to the end of this. But hey, as Ava demonstrates, darkness doesn't always correlate to evil.

• edited February 2018

Who else thinks that there should be Muslim characters as we haven’t seen any in game. Also more Indian characters would be a nice touch. Would love Muslim and Indian characters to be in The Final Season o:) Also, a mixture of different nationality’s would be more realistic in The Final Season. I hope Telltale reads this comment and puts it into consideration :)

• edited February 2018

Wonder if the Russians will ever launch a full scale invasion...

• edited February 2018

That'd definitely be interesting. I'd be up for more spotlight on religion and how the ZA has affected believers in general. It would be nice to see some characters talk about how the outbreak has impacted their faith. A more diverse cast of nationalities would certainly be welcome as well.

Who else thinks that there should be Muslim characters as we haven’t seen any in game. Also more Indian characters would be a nice touch. Wo

• Sure. Be interesting to see an Adult Arvo.

Wonder if the Russians will ever launch a full scale invasion...

• I did consider his possible place in that, yes.

GohanFGC posted: »

Sure. Be interesting to see an Adult Arvo.

• edited February 2018

I've been thinking... A community that lives in a post-apocalyptic village that has been built out of treehouses, rope swings, zip-lines, bridges, and boardwalks to keep away from walkers would be pretty cool. They craft bows, spears, knives, and other weapons and tools out of tree branches. This is an interesting concept that hasn't really been explored in the comics or show. It would be awesome if Telltale could beat them to it. Clementine is already heading west of Richmond to find the McCarrol Ranch. What if circumstances cause Clem and the new cast of characters to flee west and find themselves in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forests?

A community like this would be right up Molly's alley should they decide to bring her back. I think Molly would be a great character to bring back, she was indroduced in season one and has a brief history with Clementine but there is still much of her character that has been left open and could be explored in the future. Even if they don't bring Molly back these types of communities would still be an interesting concept to explore. Who else would be interested in seeing something this in the final season?

• I've always wondered why nobody created a "tree people" of sort in the TWD universe. Walkers can't climb, so you would be safe. It would take some very smart people with some sort of formal or informal engineering experience to such a network of structures. Not just this idea, but I'm surprised we haven't seen exploration of community shelters besides the usual abandon building rehabilitation.

Veeeee posted: »

I've been thinking... A community that lives in a post-apocalyptic village that has been built out of treehouses, rope swings, zip-lines, br

• edited February 2018

How far along the line do you think Telltale has completed Episodes 401? (In terms of development)

• Isn't Sarita Indian?

Who else thinks that there should be Muslim characters as we haven’t seen any in game. Also more Indian characters would be a nice touch. Wo

• Hence the "more."

• Yeah, Sarita is Indian.

Isn't Sarita Indian?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.