Poll: Should Telltale include a romance for Clementine in the final season?

edited March 2018 in The Walking Dead

I have noticed that a lot of people either love the idea of this happening or hate it. What do you think? Vote here. Post your reasoning below.

Tagged:

Comments

• Better question is why.

• I clicked on no.

While I'm not completely opposed to another romance for Clem as long as it's handled well this time, it's not something I demand to see happen in The Final Season and yeah there's several other potentially interesting ideas that I want to see get time to be explored over another possible love interest for Clem.

If there was a maybe option I would've clicked on that.

• Fair Point.

Cocoa2736 posted: »

I clicked on no. While I'm not completely opposed to another romance for Clem as long as it's handled well this time, it's not something

• Only 6 people have voted yes. This is great. To make things a little more interesting the yes option also means yes if it is 100% determinant.

• @DabigRG is what you wanted to include, teleporter. :wink:

Veeeee posted: »

Only 6 people have voted yes. This is great. To make things a little more interesting the yes option also means yes if it is 100% determinant.

• This will probably be an unpopular opinion but honestly I do not mind. I welcome the idea so long as it is good. I didn't mind Gabe in A New Frontier as he reminds me of myself.

• I didn't mind Gabe in A New Frontier as he reminds me of myself.

Gabe reminds me of fanbase in general.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but honestly I do not mind. I welcome the idea so long as it is good. I didn't mind Gabe in A New Frontier as he reminds me of myself.

• edited March 2018

I say yes. It's natural for someone growing up to eventually be interested in love. Even in a universe dominated by the undead. I'm not going to treat her like a little girl forever and I think it's stupid to do so.

• And instead of her making all the moves, how about we even it out a bit? It felt very unnatural with her making all the moves on him, especially since she had no experience with any of that in the past and was pretty anti social despite that. With her goal, I wouldn't think she would stop for a date until she gets it done, but the other could get her to open up and share her thoughts, and maybe.. something could sprout from it.

AnimalBoy posted: »

I say yes. It's natural for someone growing up to eventually be interested in love. Even in a universe dominated by the undead. I'm not going to treat her like a little girl forever and I think it's stupid to do so.

• edited March 2018

As long as there are a decent number of options and going alone. I'd prefer alone, but I don't see the harm in allowing a very very minor subplot relating to it if you choose.

• If its done right, why not?

• I personally would feel uncomfortable dealing with that unless she was 18. I wouldn't want to play an underage girl looking for love. I also don't think she's got time for that but who knows.

• I don't mind to be honest, but there needs to be time for Clem to get to know him/her.

• Only a determinant one to make everyone happy

• I choose Yes

I would very much like for Clem to have a love interest, but only if there is one that is well developed and good for her. While finding AJ the love interest would have to be someone Clem would rely upon for any situation, and the dude really needs to earn her trust if the worst were to come. Essentially, the love interest would have to be her equal and would not see her as a young girl. If he's 19 or less then I'm fine with it

Luke was my choice as a love interest in season 2 because he's a good dude and I didn't mind if he's older because he treats Clem right, but that was until his real age was revealed. Still pissed off about it

• Give her a BFF who’s really cool, whom she can toe wrestle with, and throw bleach-filled water balloons at bandits together while riding raptors, and I’ll consider it.

• That is your idea of romantic? You got some pretty high standards :D

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Give her a BFF who’s really cool, whom she can toe wrestle with, and throw bleach-filled water balloons at bandits together while riding raptors, and I’ll consider it.

• Not a forced one like one ANF. Have it be determinant. Even so, don’t have it be the main focus. Have it be more of a side story that can have a quick 5 or 10 minute focus each episode before getting back to the main story.

• edited March 2018

Why not? Unlike a lot of people, I didn't mind Gabe. Sure, I got mad at him a few times, and some times I wanted to leave him for the walkers, but when I saw Clem casually playing cards with him, listening to their dialogue under Javi and Kate's discussion, I understood that Gabe brought back something that Clem had been missing since the outbreak started. A normal life, where she didn't have to be a guardian, didn't have to be protected, all she had to be in that moment was a normal girl. Gabe made her forget all the bullshit in the world for a few minutes, and that's crucial.

That said, I would've loved for her to have a gal pal. Mariana could've been that, but they repeated the shock valued, "surprise head shot" route that they implemented in TWD: Michonne and took her life, which is a damn shame because her little screen time was more interesting than Gabe's entire rinse, repeat "that one fuck-up in the group" character arc that he inherited from Ben and Nick. Gabe was chosen to live specifically to present Clem with her first love interest, and while I liked their interactions, I didn't like the intent of his character.

• It's the final season for our baby girl, she deserves only the best T.T

That is your idea of romantic? You got some pretty high standards

• edited March 2018

We need some Alfred

...amarite, tho?

Give her a BFF who’s really cool, whom she can toe wrestle with, and throw bleach-filled water balloons at bandits together while riding raptors, and I’ll consider it.

• On that everyone agrees.

It's the final season for our baby girl, she deserves only the best T.T

• I mean.... meh? I wouldnt be against it, but I wouldnt really like it either, I feel like it would just take time away from making the story good.

I would rather have Clementine build up a friendship with someone, like Lee (determinantly?) did with Kenny

• her little screen time was more interesting

Eh, no.

Gabe's entire rinse, repeat "that one fuck-up in the group" character arc that he inherited from Ben and Nick.

You know, it never ceases to befuddle me that people take one vague similarity/inkling as the whole package.
    Clearly, you weren't paying attention to anything Gabe-related outside of Thicker than Water.

Gabe was chosen to live specifically to present Clem with her first love interest

"Which is exactly why it was only really thing in Thicker than Water(aka the stark change in direction)!"

No, no he wasn't.

Sarunas21 posted: »

Why not? Unlike a lot of people, I didn't mind Gabe. Sure, I got mad at him a few times, and some times I wanted to leave him for the walker

• Eh, no.

Eh, yes. To me, she was more interesting than Gabe's character arc. A quiet, honest girl who it seemed like Javi would converse with when Kate and Gabe had their battles. I favored her character more, which means, she was more interesting to me. Especially after Javi's one on one talk with her in the junkyard. I saw more potential in her than I did in Gabe. A kid who wasn't emotionally weighed down like Sarah, Gabe and Ben. And did what she was told when shit hit the fan. I thought she'd be a very cool character who probably could've helped Clem smile alongside Gabe. Clearly, you didn't. That's fine.

You know, it never ceases to befuddle me that people take one vague similarity/inkling as the whole package. Clearly, you weren't paying attention to anything Gabe-related outside of Thicker than Water.

That's what his character arc boils down to at the end of the day. An extremely (understandably) flawed character who wants to do right by the group, but ultimately causes more mess due to his reckless actions. Just like Ben. Just like Nick. They meant well and had good moments, but they were poor decision makers. Just like Gabe. Ben panicked under pressure. Nick was too trigger happy under pressure. Gabe, being the youngest, was just too defiant, and thought himself bigger than he really was, which players had to check constantly in Ep 4, his most glaring episode.

Has he had good moments? Obviously, yes. That's why I said I didn't mind him. I don't hate the kid. And I understand he's just a kid. Not every kid is Clementine. Not every kid grows to be competent like her. He's at his best when he follows directions like he's supposed to, just like every kid who needs mentor-ship. But again, Thicker than Water can't be ignored, and there's a reason it's his most glaring episode. Because nothing positive stood out before it. They wrote his good moments very subtly, but his bad moments were glaring, consecutive and at some of the worst moments, as if it were just a convenient way to allow shit to hit the fan. So obviously, that's what people will remember most about him, unfortunately for him.

My favorite moments involve Ep 4's talk about trust and Ep 5's talk about David and responsibility. Those were the positives I can easily highlight as his best moments, moments that legitimately made me smile at his growth and think "Good, kid." There's also him finding Javi at the beginning of Ep 4. He and Clem playing cards was a nice way to have his character relax, and the endings he was involved in were good. Any time he wasn't screaming at me about his usefulness, I was fine with. And he was even better when he followed directions without talking back. So yes, I paid attention to the kid. But in a nutshell, he's a screw up character who constantly needed to be checked. Just like Ben. Just like Nick. Does that mean he's an exact copy? No, don't misunderstand me. But the intent of the character is the same. So among all the kids we've had in the story so far, aside from Clem, the most rational was Mariana by a pretty big margin, and they killed her off so quickly. Mariana would've been a nice change of pace to me.

DabigRG posted: »

her little screen time was more interesting Eh, no. Gabe's entire rinse, repeat "that one fuck-up in the group" character arc

• Eh, no.

Eh, yes.
    (Eventhough I like Gabe.)

DabigRG posted: »

her little screen time was more interesting Eh, no. Gabe's entire rinse, repeat "that one fuck-up in the group" character arc

• Well, I should probably be careful when talking about this subject, as the last time that I was giving my opinion on a character’s interests romantically, I was harassed by other members and [wrongfully] reported by a moderator. Even, though, I was being completely respectful to others.

However, if Telltale Games allows for a relationship to naturally develop between Clementine and another young man, I will consider it as a possibility. I want the best for her.

• edited March 2018

I voted yes only if it's determinant and not forced like Gabe and like someone else said a side story.

What's sad is that they were a possibility to do this with Mariana for example instead of just killing her for shock value and they gave us this awful forced relationship with Gabe,he's not interesting at all.

And i don't care if they don't want to do it i understand but like i said a little side story and some hints would be nice.

• edited March 2018

While playing as Javier, I would have also considered someone for Mariana, if the relationship could naturally develop with them. Unfortunately, they caused her to die in the first episode, and there was no other male characters her age like there was for Clementine. Disappointing.

iFoRias posted: »

I voted yes only if it's determinant and not forced like Gabe and like someone else said a side story. What's sad is that they were a pos

• Clementine was determinatly hanging around Jane for awhile so I can see that version making moves like Jane could of approached Luke.

And instead of her making all the moves, how about we even it out a bit? It felt very unnatural with her making all the moves on him, especi

• edited March 2018

I want Clem to bring back an amazing guy with her and AJ to Javi's town, and when Gabe sees them together he gets hell jealous and starts plotting to destroy the world.

Now the Freaky Family of Fun (Clem, AJ and new guy) must embark on one last adventure to save the world from the evil Dr. Gabriel Garcia.

When they finally reach Gabe's evil lair, there is but 30 minutes left on his Doomsday countdown when it is revealed that the new guy is actually Lee's wife's son!!! She fell pregnant with the baby of the guy Lee had killed, and left to raise the baby with another man she had met... Carver. Yup, thats right. The same Carver Kenny's crowbar had an argument with.

Carver got a little confused and thought he was 10 years in the past to when Lee's wife was still pregnant. And he thought Rebecca was Lee's wife, and thought her baby was his. When Lee's wife and their son were actually just out shopping. They returned to find her new husband's face looked like it's been stepped on by God's boot.

Anyway, fast forward 6 years and he became a strong, handsome young man. How is this revealed though? Gabe managed to connect to the internet on his supercomputer he built, and did a little search on Ancestry.com for everyone he knew. It also turns out that Trip's great great grandfather's uncle is Eminem.

But while Gabe is telling them all this, they forget the world is about to end, the timer reaches 0 and the whole world is blown to smithereens. Yay!

THE END

• That was beautiful! T.T

Acheive250 posted: »

I want Clem to bring back an amazing guy with her and AJ to Javi's town, and when Gabe sees them together he gets hell jealous and starts pl

• enter image description here
    Dammit, I was waitin on it.

(Why the fuck can't I find appropriate gifs when I need em?)

I want Clem to bring back an amazing guy with her and AJ to Javi's town, and when Gabe sees them together he gets hell jealous and starts pl

• Such an authentic, logical story with so many twists and turns! You should be the writer of the final season!

• Not only will romance further character development and setup for further TWD installments, it would be an amazing addition to an amazing game. I think their should be option of romance in all TellTale games as it allows you to get in closer with characters and have more feelings for them, more then you already have. I think a great example of this is the Batman and Catwoman romance, which I would have loved to see more of.

• A first kiss moment would be pretty cute..

• No. She needs a companion more than anything now. Whether he'll become her bf or not better touch on that at the end of the season that way we know she's got somebody to live with happy when we finish her story yanaw wha am sayin?

• I could give a long, detailed response regarding my opinion on this matter, but I'll let Roger do it for me.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.