Was Lee like a brother to Kenny ?

Today, i just did a Siding with Kenny playthrough on S1 and it was my best playthrough (The other 6 times i always sided with Christa & Omid and i regret it) . They helped each other so many times that it maked me so emotional to watch, especially on his sacrifice. What do you guys think ?

By the way ... Stop with the comments like : "Kenny is broken in S2, you can't trust him anymore".

Comments

• Absolutely, I always viewed the two of them as brothers.

• Eh, not reallyno.

By the way ... Stop with the comments like : "Kenny is broken in S2, you can't trust him anymore".

• edited March 2018

The dynamic between Lee and Kenny in season 1 is what you choose to make it. They can be best friends, rivals, or somewhere in between.

• edited March 2018

In reply to @CAITT

I've sided with him with almost everything except when he decided to salt lick Lilly's father. And after that he acted like I wasnt there for him.

That is essentialy what happened with me too. I still like Kenny but the way people tend to over idolize him and sum up everyone who disagrees with him as demonic, poorly-written, unwarrented assholes, annoys me. But, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• edited March 2018

Disregard this comment

• Kenny certainly wasn't the nicest brother to my Lee, what with him willing to let Lee die as soon as he makes one decision that Kenny doesn't approve of...

• Well, it's normal if you didn't kill Larry, why everyone even helps Larry ?...

prink34320 posted: »

Kenny certainly wasn't the nicest brother to my Lee, what with him willing to let Lee die as soon as he makes one decision that Kenny doesn't approve of...

• I can't speak for everyone but I tried to save him because he was a member of thr group, yes he was hostile towards Lee but he was far from the only one, he was an asset to the group due to his strength and I actually liked Lilly and knew how important he was to her, not to mention that my Lee didn't like killing and didn't want Clementine to see a member of the group die right in front of her.

AceFTW posted: »

Well, it's normal if you didn't kill Larry, why everyone even helps Larry ?...

• I killed him by the reason that he's racist to Lee, and i hate so much racist assholes. There was no chance also for him to be saved, even if he's helped, he'll die and become a walker because they didn't had any sort of Pills or something . I would've helped him, but the moment i see him, i knew there was no helping for this guy

I can't speak for everyone but I tried to save him because he was a member of thr group, yes he was hostile towards Lee but he was far from

• even if he's helped, he'll die and become a walker because they didn't had any sort of Pills or something .

What's fucked up about this is that, aside from the fact that you drag out pulling Lilly away indefinitely to no consequence, there is an unused voiceclip that has Lilly react to Lee/Kenny finding out they actually brought pills with them.

I killed him by the reason that he's racist to Lee, and i hate so much racist assholes. There was no chance also for him to be saved, even i

• If I recall Larry wasn't racist, his negative attitude towards Lee was due to the fact that he knows Lee is a murderer, which is understandable.

I killed him by the reason that he's racist to Lee, and i hate so much racist assholes. There was no chance also for him to be saved, even i

• Yeah, when pointed out to him by Mark, there's this small pause before he ask Lee if that's what he thinks "this" is. He just doesn't bother to directly clear things up because he still doesn't like Lee regardless and knows he couldn't really anything about it anyway.

If I recall Larry wasn't racist, his negative attitude towards Lee was due to the fact that he knows Lee is a murderer, which is understandable.

• I knew about that cut voiceclip with the Pills. Telltale didn't add it 'cause it's not realistic, They got everything from you, even the Multitool, if that voiceclip wasn't cut, they would've get their pills too. And i heard some rumor and i don't know if it's true but they say that there was some very glitchy animation in which Larry becomes walker but was cut and not found in the gamefiles, and this "Pills desicion"was gonna made Kenny hate you for the whole game (even in the second season). Which i believe is not true. In my opinion, Kenny made the right choice and that's the reason i helped him .

DabigRG posted: »

even if he's helped, he'll die and become a walker because they didn't had any sort of Pills or something . What's fucked up about t

• he actually was. He was living with Lee for 3 months and he's taken so much care of Clem, why would he still care about his past, it doesn't make any sence, i got very much angry when Larry knocked me flat on the Drugstore, and i was ready to revenge him . And what his attitude was with Lee.. even Lee was the only black guy in their group, so he deserved "Racist of the Apocalypse : 2012" Award, but that's your opinion and i ain't gonna judge. I'm just giving my advice

If I recall Larry wasn't racist, his negative attitude towards Lee was due to the fact that he knows Lee is a murderer, which is understandable.

• Why did people save him? Because people want to play the game morally and some people just select the morally correct decision every time. Personally if some guy deliberately tries to kill you in cold blood and you don't do anything about it in a ZA then that makes you weak. No way was I going to try to save the guy.

• It has no point, because even if you revive him, there's still not Pills and he can't stay long forever and he'll die and become walker, it's obviously better to die than become one of them .

wdfan posted: »

Why did people save him? Because people want to play the game morally and some people just select the morally correct decision every time. P

• They got everything from you, even the Multitool, if that voiceclip wasn't cut, they would've get their pills too.

I forgot to address that. It still could've worked, though.

And i heard some rumor and i don't know if it's true but they say that there was some very glitchy animation in which Larry becomes walker but was cut and not found in the gamefiles, and this "Pills desicion"was gonna made Kenny hate you for the whole game (even in the second season).

The hell?

(even in the second season).

Where Lee is dead. :neutral:

I knew about that cut voiceclip with the Pills. Telltale didn't add it 'cause it's not realistic, They got everything from you, even the Mul

• By "Even in the second season" i mean with Clem, and i know
    the hell...

They got everything from you, even the Multitool, if that voiceclip wasn't cut, they would've get their pills too. I forgot to addre

• Oh, well that'd be stupid.

By "Even in the second season" i mean with Clem, and i know the hell...

• Why do you still like Kenny after the experience you've had is similar to mine?

Because overall, I still think Kenny is a well written character. I didn’t always agree with him and some of the things he did pissed me off. Especially at the ending of season 1 where he cares more about how Lee had previously treated him than the fact that an innocent 9-year-old girl was being held captive. That said, there were also a lot of moments Kenny had that I really liked. Kenny had such a sad story and the way loss weighed down on his mind made me emotional. I felt sympathy for him in most cases. I have found that a lot of people sum up his season 2 arc as bad writing but I actually really liked it. Yes, Kenny’s season 2 arc is similar to his season 1 arc but it is an instance of recycled concepts that actually produced a good story in my book. I didn’t find it unrealistic at all. Kenny found a new woman whose influence caused him to bounce back to a certain degree. However, all of the pain and damage he had previously suffered was still there and would resurface when things went downhill. The world is harsh and Sarita didn’t make it. Losing his first family then finding new love with Sarita only to watch the same thing happen all over again caused him to enter a downward spiral into instability. I chose to shoot him at the end of season 2 and it is the most emotional I have ever felt in these games. It hit me even harder than Lee’s death. Lee’s death was written and executed in a flawless manner and is the reason these games are so popular but the Kenny death if you shoot him to save Jane really tugged at my heartstrings. Lee’s death was amazing but it happens in essentially the same scenario and there is nothing you can do about it, it felt more like a movie. Lee died a hero, with a sense of redemption and fulfillment. If Clementine shoots him it is a mercy kill that ends his suffering. Kenny’s season 2 death is completely determinant and it felt like I was actually shaping the story. The thing that made me sad about Kenny’s season 2 death more than anything is because in this scenario he doesn’t die a hero. He dies feeling like a failure, he even admits to his instability and forgives Clem telling her that she only did what she had to. It was depressing, and that’s why I play these games. The scene was so well crafted. Clementine pulling the trigger through tear stained eyes yet again, but this time for a very different reason was so powerful. Whoever had the idea of making the finale of season 2 take place at a playground was a genius. Playgrounds are a symbol of childlike innocence. Clementine having to choose between two awful choices at a playground symbolized the last ounce of innocence leaving her body regardless of what you choose. I didn’t kill Kenny because I wanted him to die, I shot him because in my opinion it made for a more powerful story.

• He was definitely like a brother to my Lee. Lee would be proud of how Kenny bounced back and took care of Clem for as long as he did.

• I wish ANF's events don't count in this game, so i can be with Kenny again (Which is impossible). That death was so poor-written... Dying in car accident as a walker food, are you kidding me ?

He was definitely like a brother to my Lee. Lee would be proud of how Kenny bounced back and took care of Clem for as long as he did.

• A big problem with the Kenny/Lily relationship which is also one of the flaws in S1 is that it was poorly executed by telltale. The fact that one sole choice dictates the entire relationship of Kenny despite you're alliance and loyalty to him is just ridiculous. This also goes for Lily too depending on your choice in the meat locker.

• To be fair, pigheaded aggressiveness and selfish grudge-holding being major traits of Kenny's was kinda the point and a significant measure for his [determinant] character development, while Lily's relationship with Lee was inherently rigged from the beginning and it honestly matters less than her feelings towards Kenny and Ben and what she ends up doing to Carley/Doug anyway.

Chibikid posted: »

A big problem with the Kenny/Lily relationship which is also one of the flaws in S1 is that it was poorly executed by telltale. The fact tha

• I am R U D E Kenny fan, so i'll have to say it : I could give 2 shits about Lilly. :D

To be fair, pigheaded aggressiveness and selfish grudge-holding being major traits of Kenny's was kinda the point and a significant measure

• Couldn’t disagree more. An honest person is someone i would want to be friends with in a ZA and that is Kenny down to a T. I don’t blame him for being pissed at Lee if you went against him in the meat locker. Everyone would likely be dead now otherwise. Hating him for that is so stupid

• Yawn

Kenny certainly wasn't the nicest brother to my Lee, what with him willing to let Lee die as soon as he makes one decision that Kenny doesn't approve of...

• Exactly. People hate Kenny for the Larry thing and the way he treats you if you side against him yet they don’t realise the actual reason why he is so pissed at you because Lee stupidly trying to help Larry was putting everyone in immense danger. I’d be angry at him too

• I can't speak for everyone but I tried to save him because he was a member of thr group, yes he was hostile towards Lee but he was far from the only one, he was an asset to the group due to his strength and I actually liked Lilly and knew how important he was to her, not to mention that my Lee didn't like killing and didn't want Clementine to see a member of the group die right in front of her.

That’s all good of you being “humane” yet trying to revive a heart attack vicitim who would need immediate medical care, something the trapped group did not have was absolutely pointless.
    It was sad for Lilly sure but she wouldn’t have made it out alive if Kenny hadn’t done the hard thing in making sure the threat was neutralised. People need to stop viewing that scene as if it wasn’t set in a ZA. It was about survival and shit things happen.

Larry left Lee to die way worse than how Kenny “thought” about it (but he didn’t leave). Larry wouldn’t have done the same for Lee. He didn’t deserve anything at all. If people didn’t turn when they die then there would have been no harm trying to save him even though it still would have been a waste of time without medical help

I can't speak for everyone but I tried to save him because he was a member of thr group, yes he was hostile towards Lee but he was far from

• Lee seemed to think he was racist. I don’t blame him, he probably was racist though. There was no yes or no about him though

• THANK YOU! Someone who thinks sensibly!

wdfan posted: »

Why did people save him? Because people want to play the game morally and some people just select the morally correct decision every time. P

• You are goddamn right! what good is it to start screaming and punching door when he knows he has heart problems. This is like Killing yourself.. I know he looks out for Lilly, but Kenny did the right thing.

dan290786 posted: »

Exactly. People hate Kenny for the Larry thing and the way he treats you if you side against him yet they don’t realise the actual reason wh

• What was the point in this reply of yours? At least add to the discussion dude.

dan290786 posted: »

Yawn

• Yes he did. It wasn’t nice, it was horrible for Lilly and we know this but people need to look at that scene as if it were a zombie apocalypse (which it was). The most disturbing thing you do is often what keeps you alive in that world. The amount of times i have eye rolled at people who say “ ugh Kenny is a monster for murdering Larry, he’s sick, he’s this and that”. Lol it’s laughable

• I know, you’re right but you know what i think of what you’ve said as i have disagreed numerous times before. Apologies

What was the point in this reply of yours? At least add to the discussion dude.

• Larry wasn't racist. He was just an angry old man who saw Lee as a murderer and thus with deplorable morals.

Keep in mind Larry's position. He's arrogant and boorish but he was a retired US Army Commander, and lost a lot in his life, including his wife. Lilly was the last thing he had in the apocalypse that kept him going. He always supported her, bolstered her and kept pushing for her. He even keeps his wife's wedding ring, so you know he takes losses hard.

The apocalypse happens, people are trying to usurp and undermine the authority his daughter holds (Lilly does a good job admittedly with what she has on hand post Episode 1), and this man, a convicted murderer who escaped custody, is now getting close to his daughter. Lee is a danger.

Don't get me wrong, Larry's a dick and doesn't do 'favors' or 'debts' [You saved his life.], but he's got the welfare of his loved ones in mind and doesn't let people in. Losing them sucks, and in an Apocalypse losing people is a few every other month.

• Why would they still remember his past ? That don't have to make him very big danger to the group. So you are saying it's safe if someone knock you flat and the zombies are almost on you it's good ? That's what i expect from you to say. I don't care about Lee's past. He's what maked Clementine stronger.

Myusha posted: »

Larry wasn't racist. He was just an angry old man who saw Lee as a murderer and thus with deplorable morals. Keep in mind Larry's positio

• What I'm saying is that letting a convicted murderer into your group is risky business.

If you didn't know Lee from a hole in the ground and that was all the evidence you had to go off of, you'd be pressed to abandon him too.

Why would they still remember his past ? That don't have to make him very big danger to the group. So you are saying it's safe if someone kn

• Well, if he's a good guy (like Lee) and do this to protect his family, I'll let him into the group. Convicted or not, the world is ended, who cares about his past?

Myusha posted: »

What I'm saying is that letting a convicted murderer into your group is risky business. If you didn't know Lee from a hole in the ground and that was all the evidence you had to go off of, you'd be pressed to abandon him too.

• I'm glad you spelt that out for me cause I wasn't talkin to you.

I am R U D E Kenny fan, so i'll have to say it : I could give 2 shits about Lilly.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.