What are your 13 reasons Why Season 2 Expectations?

edited May 2018 in General Chat

I'm still in Season 1 episode 5 so i guess i'm taking it slow like Clay.

So what's next after the tapes?
and what things are you expecting next on Season 2's episode 1 premiere?

Tagged:

Comments

• Can't really say without spoiling season 1. I'm looking forward to it though! I had some issues with season 1 but I really like the characters and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

• i allow spoilers in this thread. i'm going to watch anyway. :)

AgentZ46 posted: »

Can't really say without spoiling season 1. I'm looking forward to it though! I had some issues with season 1 but I really like the characters and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.

• Still ruins the experience, even if you don't mind.

Anonymer posted: »

i allow spoilers in this thread. i'm going to watch anyway.

• is it possible to use Hannah's tapes as evidence in court?

Still ruins the experience, even if you don't mind.

• There are 13 reasons why this show will not live up to its expectations.

• does clay have schizophrenia?

• Which student do you hate the most? i hate Marcus the most.

• I don't really 'hate' a lot of characters but if I had to pick it'd have to be Bryce.

Which student do you hate the most? i hate Marcus the most.

• Didn't really need a 2nd season tbh.

• It doesn't 'need' it, but I'd certainly welcome it. Season 1 mainly told the story of what happened to Hannah, but there's a serious lack of closure on the characters still alive. My honest reaction to the ending was "Wait, that's it?" I'm hoping there will be a larger focus on those characters this season.

Didn't really need a 2nd season tbh.

• Will be watching Episode 11. We'll see if Clay really killed Hannah as Tony thought.

It doesn't 'need' it, but I'd certainly welcome it. Season 1 mainly told the story of what happened to Hannah, but there's a serious lack of

• if i were Hannah i'd kick Bryce's family jewels the moment he touched me at the store.

I don't really 'hate' a lot of characters but if I had to pick it'd have to be Bryce.

• wait, wait, wait. they released the whole season 2 in 1 day?

• They always do that with Netflix originals.

wait, wait, wait. they released the whole season 2 in 1 day?

• i'm still in s1e12. i'm guessing the students in her tape are also the ones who are going to speak up against bryce's drugs and assaults.

• Or they're going to be divided into two groups.

i'm still in s1e12. i'm guessing the students in her tape are also the ones who are going to speak up against bryce's drugs and assaults.

• Wow Courtney still insists Hannah lied.

• Team Alex against Team Courtney

Or they're going to be divided into two groups.

• i'm still getting a little suspicious about Tony though.

• Why did Hannah even go to Bryce's house tho? it seemed stupid to me knowing what Bryce did to Jessica

• I personally wouldn't want a second season of a show that gives a terrible message.

It doesn't 'need' it, but I'd certainly welcome it. Season 1 mainly told the story of what happened to Hannah, but there's a serious lack of

• I'm assuming it's the whole everyone is to blame thing? That didn't sit well with me either but it's a good story with interesting characters. That's just my opinion though.

I personally wouldn't want a second season of a show that gives a terrible message.

• I'm assuming it's the whole everyone is to blame thing?

No.

I'm assuming it's the whole everyone is to blame thing? That didn't sit well with me either but it's a good story with interesting characters. That's just my opinion though.

• Then what?

I'm assuming it's the whole everyone is to blame thing? No.

• 13 Reasons Why Season 2 one of the reviews looks like some critics are not happy with this season 2.

• Hasn't it only been out a few hours?

P.S Critics are never happy...

strwar3 posted: »

13 Reasons Why Season 2 one of the reviews looks like some critics are not happy with this season 2.

• edited May 2018

watching Se1Ep13. The counselor is a doughbag

• it's like Bryce owns the school & everyone is protecting him

• edited May 2018

He sure was! Absolutely infuriating.
    Edit. When I replied the word was 'incompetent' which was a much better word..

Btw dude, you should use the edit option if you want to add something. It's pretty annoying seeing 8+ new comments in a thread thinking there's been an actual conversation going on.

• why would alex try to kill himself tho? he seemed like a strong personality. and he seemed like he wanted to give Hannah the justice she deserves by telling the truth.

lilsnek posted: »

He sure was! Absolutely infuriating. Edit. When I replied the word was 'incompetent' which was a much better word.. Btw dude, you should

• watching se2e1. i never thought the actress playing hannah baker spoke british accent in real life.

• it seems the counselor is making up in season 2.

watching se2e1. i never thought the actress playing hannah baker spoke british accent in real life.

• se2e2. "i could have stopped it." from Alex's suicide note. Does that mean he was at Bryce's party and he could have stopped Bryce?

• edited May 2018

Let me expand: No, It's not just for that reason;

TERRIBLE MESSAGE

• The show romanticized, misrepresented and sensationalized a lot of issues, suicide being number one. Apparently they consulted experts on how they should depict scenes like suicide, but they actually did the things that you're not supposed to do. It's actually emphasized by experts that you can't show a suicide on-screen as it may encourage those who are already contemplating suicide. Guess what? Suicide ideation increased after the show came out.

• Hannah's idea of the tapes obviously is a revenge power fantasy. Not about what the tapes contained, but for how she spoke about them: "Get a snack. Settle in, because I'm about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended." Uhh... what?

When she recorded those tapes, she barely showed signs of mental instability. In fact, she sounded stoic and amused.

UNREALISTIC PLOT ELEMENTS
    *I find it hard that in the year this show takes place in, 2017 if I recall correctly, the whole school gets fixated on something as tame as Hannah revealing her underwear on a slide? In fact, that's not how most teenagers in 2017 would act.

• No teenager would be so into the anonymous poem that Ryan published. Even if they did, to excessively mock it? I don't think so.

• Clay's mother went behind his back and having his doctor prescribe him pills without Clay's knowledge or consent. This would never happen in real life.

INCONSISTENCY IN CHARACTER

• Hannah doesn't defend herself when a picture of her in her underwear, she isn't portrayed as a Max Caulfield. But actually she's sarcastic, witty and seeming to have good judgement. Why the sudden twist in her character? In fact, she had a lot of flips back and forth between the two personalities. She had a lot of situations where she could've brought herself out of that problem, but she chose to ignore it and let it all pile up instead of dealing with it herself. Hannah also blames the school counselor for "not coming after her" when she emphasized that she wanted to leave.

She does this with Clay too, she tells him to leave then in the tape she says: "Why did you leave?" I don't know Hannah, probably because you told him 5 times to leave... Hmmmmm?

To summarize, Hannah Baker did nothing to help herself and her suicide is just another last cry for attention. She had the counselor who kept on asking her about what went down between her and Bryce, about what she could do to actually solve her problems. Report to the police? Nah, she doesn't want to. Say who raped her? Nope, Hannah doesn't want to say his name.

Hannah pushed people who wanted to help her problems escalate to the point where she over analyzed every high school interaction. She's using these problems as ammunition to fire back, to justify why she killed herself. She's a bad person for putting immense amount of guilt and shame to people who barely did her wrong.

The show fails to depict a real world issues faced by high school students.

Then what?

• in reality, can a high profile kid with high influence like Bryce in US really sell drugs in a highschool? or get away with rape that easily? still in se2e2 tho, and i think Bryce will pay in the later episodes.

• Why though?

• isn't the second picture they put into Clay's locker evidence against Bryce?

• i expect it to suck, romanticize suicide and misrepresent mental disorders for the sake of le epic teen drama like the first season did.

• Give me your 13 reasons why this show is bad to you.

i expect it to suck, romanticize suicide and misrepresent mental disorders for the sake of le epic teen drama like the first season did.

• don't need to. megami summed it up pretty well in their comment. i share all the same thoughts. only thing left out is that the plot is fundamentally fucking broken.

AronDracula posted: »

Give me your 13 reasons why this show is bad to you.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.