Guns! Guns! Guns!

Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
edited May 2018 in The Walking Dead

Throughout all three installments to the series there has always been a small number of guns that appear almost everywhere. In S1 there were 8 guns, in S2 there were 9 guns and a crossbow, and in ANF there were 8 guns as well. I know, I know, this isn't Call of Duty but still, the same lackluster weapons are re-used a bunch of times by many different characters. I'm no weapons expert, but I have seen a variety of nice looking guns, and was thinking that it would be nice to see a bunch newer ones in the game. What guns would you like to see make an appearance in The Final Season?

Links to the guns that appear in the games are below

imfdb.org/wiki/Walking_Dead:Season_1,_The(VG)

imfdb.org/wiki/Walking_Dead:Season_2,_The(VG)

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Walking_Dead:_A_New_Frontier,_The

Tagged:

Comments

• Admittedly, I've been waiting for a character to bust out an SMG or an RPG.

• ikr?lol I wanna see one of those over the top doomsday preppers with bandoliers and LMG's in each hand, screaming their head off. Basically a Rambo-esque character with no real purpose other than being a joke.

DabigRG posted: »

Admittedly, I've been waiting for a character to bust out an SMG or an RPG.

• You have Rosita in twd TV show for the RPG showoff :p

DabigRG posted: »

Admittedly, I've been waiting for a character to bust out an SMG or an RPG.

• Hey, if we're gonna have groups go guns akimbo, might as well bring out the more intense ones.
    The Civil War for New Richmond would've been a good time for the latter.

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

ikr?lol I wanna see one of those over the top doomsday preppers with bandoliers and LMG's in each hand, screaming their head off. Basically a Rambo-esque character with no real purpose other than being a joke.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited May 2018

A few SMGs would be a nice addition. Seeing someone going around with an uzi or something. There's a nice SMG that shows up in their Batman game that they could uh... borrow for TWD too.

And ANF actually brought a decent amount of variation, at least in comparison to the first two seasons. The first two games, it was pretty much 50% glock, 25% beretta, 15% hunting rifle, 9.7% AK, and 0.3% shotgun.

In ANF you have three or four pistol variations, a deagle (which I'm not 100% sure is even used, but it's in the game files), an AK, an M16, and two shotgun variants. But it'd be nice to see it expanded even more than that.

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited May 2018

I wanna see the GAU-19, ARX-160, Mac 10, RPG-7, UTS-15, Raging Judge(28 guage), and a flamethrower in the game. I'd like to see these weapons in the hands of our enemies more than our allies, just so we get the actual feeling of our lives being threatened.

A couple tomahawks, bowie knives, and brass knuckles would make nice for melee weapons lol

• Forget the guns, where are all my swords at??

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited May 2018

I really liked Carver's derringer. That was pretty cool, unique design that I think enhanced the character in a small way. And the flare gun in Michonne, even though it wasn't exactly supposed to be a weapon...

Unfortunately, it is kind of ironic that Telltale is actually be accurate with having so few different guns. Glocks are everywhere man, and that is certainly reflected in game. I think some SMGs be cool, maybe an Uzi fired sideways for gun safety violations.

It be nice to see Clementine choose a weapon and then use it through the entire season. I think that would be a neat choice impact but one that is also relatively easy to do.

• A wide, double-edged broadsword would be perfect??

Cocoa2736 posted: »

Forget the guns, where are all my swords at??

• What in the world?

Forget the guns, where are all my swords at??

• edited May 2018

I never realized I wanted this before but if I could witness Sephiroth's sword be used to slice through and decapitate a whole crowd of zombies and watch them all simultaneously fall to the floor I'd be immensely satisfied, yes.

I know swords aren't the most preferable weapons in the ZA since they're high maintenance and require a lot of finesse to competently use but I'd still love to see Clem try to use one. Maybe she finds one stuck in a walker or happens upon one on a wall display and attempts to wield it in the heat of the moment. That'd just be fun to see I think.

but yeah more swords in general would be appreciated :tongue:

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

A wide, double-edged broadsword would be perfect??

• Cosmic_BoyCosmic_Boy Banned
    edited May 2018

Maybe she finds one stuck in a walker or happens upon one on a wall display

Yeah I thought the same, like if a group passed by a pawn/antique shop and found a useful sword where no one else thought to look.

I never realized I wanted this before but if I could witness Sephiroth's sword be used to slice through and decapitate a whole crowd of zomb

Sign in to comment in this discussion.