So Lincoln is leaving. What is the best route going forward for the show?

2»

Comments

• In all seriousness, why is Rick leaving? Is it because Andrew doesn't want to do it anymore?

• I mean, once this is all over and done with, when the series ends, if it doesnt have a good ending that ties everything together, it isn't going to be memorable. You have to be able to look at the entire series as a whole and know why you've invested in it. If Rick goes down, the rest of the show will seem kind of pointless, at least to me.

Pahn711 posted: »

Sure it was Rick's story in the beginning but c'mon...the show has evolved over time and the Walking Dead universe continues to expand. Ther

• edited June 2018

Except you can't possibly know what the show will be like without Rick, it hasn't happened yet. Would it be so unreasonable to keep an open mind about what comes next?

I mean, once this is all over and done with, when the series ends, if it doesnt have a good ending that ties everything together, it isn't g

• I mean of course. It's just what I'm expecting. I want them to end the show and land on their feet.

Pahn711 posted: »

Except you can't possibly know what the show will be like without Rick, it hasn't happened yet. Would it be so unreasonable to keep an open mind about what comes next?

• Yes, there have been other spinoffs, but the main show is rooted in the source material. Carls death saw a significant deviation from where it stands, but the show itself was always centered around Rick. Despite that, Carls death saw another drastic response from the fan base and viewership. As someone else stated, we've pretty much followed Rick since the very beginning. Every major conflict, including the last season's, was centered around him. Shane, The Governor, the cannibals, Alexandria, Negan. He's an established central character that's driven the series, and after that big moment at the end of the last season he's leaving and someone else is taking over. They should have done more to secure Lincoln when they decided to kill off Carl.

You cite the first two seasons and the in-between of 400 days as an example of why it could succeed, but you don't talk about ANF completely disregarding a central character and arguably main character of those seasons and making her a cameo, in the worst received entry in their main spinoff series. Replacing the primary character in an ongoing story is not a good idea in general, especially when they're built on years of development. Javier failed, and now the core show is faced with finding their own. It's not a good position to be in for the show or most of its fans.

wdfan posted: »

Will never understand why people say that the show can't survive without Rick/Lincoln. As people on this forum will obviously know, there ha

• edited June 2018

I would say focus on Carl but we all know what happened to him...maybe Morgan.

Not Daryl though, haven’t liked him in a long time

• The best route for the show once Lincoln leaves is cancellation. They’ve already damaged it beyond repair imo, and cancellation would honestly be a mercy at this point.

• I like to think it's Andrew Lincoln's big fuck you to Scott Gimple for killing off Carl.

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

In all seriousness, why is Rick leaving? Is it because Andrew doesn't want to do it anymore?

• I don't see how it would survived without Rick, he was the lead in the comics. Since the show is going down in votes/views its most likely be cancelled. I could see Michone as the main series and that the actoress has what it takes to go for a lead role but it wouldnt be like the comics, it would go off the main path that the comics take.

• Just choose a new actor to continue the role of Rick. After all, there is not only actor Andrew Lincol.

• It will become the next xfiles, that 70s show, two and a half men etc
    then die a pitiful death .

Sign in to comment in this discussion.