"Unscripted combat"... what do you think it means?

Do you think it means that you can skip certain zombie encounters (like we've seen in the leaked pax tech demo) or is there actual combat in it (e.g. something like minecraft s2)? I would personally prefer to see the latter (if done well).

Comments

• From my point of view it seems that we will get the choice as to whether or not to fight a Walker. I think Season Two Episode 5 had elements of that during the segment where Clementine has to find her way through the snowstorm to reach the Rest Stop. Players can decide whether to shoot the roaming walkers or completely avoid them. But while that was limited to a singular segment of Season Two it looks as if there will be a greater degree of freedom and choice of how players want to play The Final Season.

• Probably a little bit of both.

• I hope its a mixture of scripted and unscripted cause their choreography has been getting better and better with each series.

• I hope an actual combat system, like in The Last Of Us, and so you can even draw your weapons at any location even where it doesn't needed, like in third person adventure-shooters!

• Plan_RPlan_R Banned

It means an ocean of bugs

• It means combat without the constant use of QTEs

• Cant wait for unscripted encounters in Wolf S2 where we have to fight off angry homeless men

• I’m assuming it means we still kill zombies with QTE’s, just that they spawn randomly and the QTE’s will vary depending on the environment and the weapons you have, which would be pretty sweet actually.

• Revolutionary Gameplay at its finest

Poogers555 posted: »

Cant wait for unscripted encounters in Wolf S2 where we have to fight off angry homeless men

• I imagine it like: you see a knife or something very useful but in order to get it you need to kill that walker or you can just pass him and not get the item.

• mostlypoptartsmostlypoptarts ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Don't talk about the Woodsman like that. :joy:

Poogers555 posted: »

Cant wait for unscripted encounters in Wolf S2 where we have to fight off angry homeless men

• How dare you disrespect Woody!

Don't talk about the Woodsman like that.

• What if there's an option when you go up to walker of which actions you take for it to give you more of a stylized approach?

1. You kick it to the ground and then take it out with your knife.
    2. Quickly stab it in the head.
    3. Use environmentals  ex. [use rock], [use pipe], [throw it off ledge], [shoot it].
    4. Trip it and go for the head. A.K.A. old-fashioned knee trick

And sometimes, there is a chance for the attack to fail due to the unpredictableness of their movements. (a 7% chance) Where you have to do some extra action.

1. The walker grabs your leg as you kick it down, causing you to fall over with it. The walker then crawls on top of you and tries to take a bite out of your neck, seeing in first person it's rotten face as it snaps its jaws in anticipation of having flesh between its teeth. You then have some sort of QTE to to get it off. If done successfully, you stick your knife in the side of it's head and you see the walker go limp. You push it aside to get up and continue on your way.
    2. While taking a swing with your knife, the walker grabs your arm, taking you by surprise, and it comes in for a bite. You see in third-person as you stuggle to keep it from landing it's mark. When you successfully push him far enough, you twist your body and throw him over your shoulder, causing the walker to fall on it's back, where you finish it off with your boot/knife.
    3. All makeshift weapons have a 100% success rate when the QTE's are done right except for your gun, which has a 27% chance of jamming from lack of proper maintenance. When it jams, your options very on your situation, which could very from finding a more hap-hazard approach to save someone, to being too late to react and have to defend yourself from a grapple.
    4. Because you're so experienced with this technique, it works 100% of the time. But where's the fun in that?
  • Definitely, the use of QTEs is very saturated in games. It makes combat much easier.

Clemenem posted: »

It means combat without the constant use of QTEs

• edited June 2018

Some people are saying that the new combat in The Final Season isn't innovative at all. That it still has the same QTE prompts as before. What they failed to understand is the simple fact that telltale is now gonna be allowing players to deal with walkers seamlessly without breaking into a cutscene, which on it's own is pretty insane for telltale.

• edited June 2018

Double Post.

• So why introducing normal combat at this point in time would be incongruent with the series. I have nothing against QTE, provided it is used sparingly and intelligently.

patrickrc95 posted: »

Some people are saying that the new combat in The Final Season isn't innovative at all. That it still has the same QTE prompts as before. Wh

• This game should feature an easter egg for the last of us. TLOU did it for S1.

• Do you have a link to a video where it happened?

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

This game should feature an easter egg for the last of us. TLOU did it for S1.

• Compare the houses, tree houses, pool, etc. you'll see it.

Do you have a link to a video where it happened?

• Will there be easter eggs in TFS?

Don't talk about the Woodsman like that.

• edited June 2018

The Last of Us is a Ripoff Confirmed. Jk LuL

Cosmic_Boy posted: »

Compare the houses, tree houses, pool, etc. you'll see it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.