Stranger Things - A Telltale Series (WHAT IS THIS?!?)

edited June 2018 in General Chat

https://www.techradar.com/news/exclusive-telltale-games-to-produce-a-new-series-based-on-stranger-things

Is this true? Can someone confirm?

EDIT: Telltale Retweeted this:

EDIT 2: It has been confirmed

Comments

• Hoping this isnt real because itll just be Telltale going back to making games no one is asking for.

Second, what is this article? A "confident source" told us? What? So its a leak/rumor from some random guy?

• I think it is true, there are other sites also saying there is a partnership between Telltale and Netflix and that Minecraft Story Mode will somehow go to Netflix.

• edited June 2018

Let’s be honest no one asked for The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us and here we are. Actually I have already seeen people asking for Telltale Stranger Things. And we could say that for almost every franchise Telltale put on the table.

Poogers555 posted: »

Hoping this isnt real because itll just be Telltale going back to making games no one is asking for. Second, what is this article? A "confident source" told us? What? So its a leak/rumor from some random guy?

• I mean this more in a way of Telltale is already in a shaky place at the moment, they should start to focus on making games people are asking for, instead of just jumping onto IPs that are popular at the moment.

Box Tv posted: »

Let’s be honest no one asked for The Walking Dead or The Wolf Among Us and here we are. Actually I have already seeen people asking for Telltale Stranger Things. And we could say that for almost every franchise Telltale put on the table.

• People are asking for this...They can't just make sequel after sequel eventually they have to make new stuff.

What new IPs do YOU want them to take on other than this?

Hoping this isnt real because itll just be Telltale going back to making games no one is asking for. Second, what is this article? A "confident source" told us? What? So its a leak/rumor from some random guy?

• Strange how it mentions MCSM as being 5 episodes long. It’s as if they’re only porting the first 5 episodes

• Obviously Telltale cant make sequels forever, but where they are now I think more fan requested things are what they should be doing. No one asked for GOTG, Telltale made, sold like shit, even though its a big IP.

Personally I would say after S4 and Wolf S2, they should make Tales S2 and the new IP they keep saying they will make. After that? They can go ahead and start expanding to other IPs, but right now they should focus on what their fans heavily request.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

People are asking for this...They can't just make sequel after sequel eventually they have to make new stuff. What new IPs do YOU want them to take on other than this?

• I think they're waiting until Borderlands 3 comes out to take on that project, maybe it'll take place after the events, sorta like they're supposedly waiting for the TV show to conclude

Obviously Telltale cant make sequels forever, but where they are now I think more fan requested things are what they should be doing. No one

• edited June 2018

I don’t think it is as simple as that. They can’t make Tales until Borderlands 3 and I think the new IP project was scrapped, besides it would be a new IP anyways. tbh no one knows about GOT. We are already having Wolf and Walking Dead, it doesn’t mean other sequels won’t come out in 2020.

Obviously Telltale cant make sequels forever, but where they are now I think more fan requested things are what they should be doing. No one

• GUYS

The Stanger Things game was supposed to come out in AUTUMN (before it was delayed)

Even if it comes out tomorrow, telltale spent at least an additional 8 months on the game

• Also a job listing on Netflix claims that it’s current title is “Stranger Things: The Game”

• Damn this could be big for Telltale.

• Tales S2 probs wont be out until Borderlands 3 yes, but Id still recommended they make sure they make that game. GOT S2 is probably still canceled though considering theres been a few former staff leaks about that game now

Cdognkal2 posted: »

I think they're waiting until Borderlands 3 comes out to take on that project, maybe it'll take place after the events, sorta like they're supposedly waiting for the TV show to conclude

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2018

I think it's better for them to try new ideas. Don't forget that "nobody wanted" Tales from the Borderlands, Wolf Among Us, or even Walking Dead at periods in time. I think just regressing to fan service games purely (like Wolf 2) seems a bit regressive for Telltale.

Don't forget that Telltale put out several Walking Dead sequels and spinoffs because "people wanted it" after Season 1, but many fans say that they liked Season 1 the best in terms of quality. What I'm saying is, maybe it's best for Telltale to move on and try new ideas instead of trying to live up to idealized and rose-tinted fan service.

I mean this more in a way of Telltale is already in a shaky place at the moment, they should start to focus on making games people are asking for, instead of just jumping onto IPs that are popular at the moment.

• Again, different times. Telltale was making these games that people said they didnt want, but then when they came out and people played them their minds changed due to the quality, but now more presently Telltale was making games no one wanted, and were not quality either, which is why I think it would be better for Telltale to focus on winning back fans before going into doing new things.

I think it's better for them to try new ideas. Don't forget that "nobody wanted" Tales from the Borderlands, Wolf Among Us, or even Walking

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2018

Let me put it better - I think new IPs will allow more passion to come out under Telltale's new direction with Pete Hawley. Would you rather get more Walking Dead sequels that fans feel will potentially not live up to the same heights as Walking Dead S1, leaving Walking Dead (and other current series) to be exposed a little longer after its prime, or would you rather that the staff be allowed to creatively try out new ideas and potentially stumble upon the next Wolf Among Us/Tales from the Borderlands/etc?

Again, different times. Telltale was making these games that people said they didnt want, but then when they came out and people played them

• making games no one is asking for.

a lot of the best games of all time are games that nobody asked for in the first place and got anyway but ok lol

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited June 2018

I would be hyped if this is true but i’m not sure if it would work if we play as or along side the kids from the TV show as playing along side canon charcters was sometimes awkward in Game of Thrones.

Possible ST TV show spoilers.

Having it set in their universe with other test subjects/numbers could work as it might be fun to explore people with other abilities.

• Maybe this'll finally force me to watch the show. I've been avoiding it for years.

• Same.

Maybe this'll finally force me to watch the show. I've been avoiding it for years.

• Well now I have to watch season 2. This is awesome! Telltale working with such a cool property. I hope its an original story with new characters!

• Telltale Retweeted this. I think this pretty much confirms that Stranger Things is happening. I mean, the news of MCSM coming to Netflix and Stranger Things happening came together, so I'd say this is a confirmation that Stranger Things: A telltale Series is happening.

• Hah! All 3 of us posted it at the same time. Fantastic.

• Woah. A new game of theirs I'm genuinely excited for? This is nice.

• edited June 2018

I was hoping for maybe a shadow drop trailer with a confirmation for fall, but with so little info it looks like its not coming out for a while.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It seems like it leaked out slightly earlier than anticipated as i’m pretty sure they would’ve announced it along side key art and during a live E3 stream for hype.

I was hoping for maybe a shadow drop trailer with a confirmation for fall, but with so little info it looks like its not coming out for a while.

• Pax West hopefully at the earliest.

OzzyUK posted: »

It seems like it leaked out slightly earlier than anticipated as i’m pretty sure they would’ve announced it along side key art and during a live E3 stream for hype.

• I wish It was GoT S2 but I guess this is nice

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There is San Diego Comic Con in July, they normally have news about the TV show there so it would be cool to get news about both the game and ST season 3.

Pax West hopefully at the earliest.

• edited June 2018

If you want my opinion... and no one does...

I think people can consider GOT and Tales dead.
    If they're going to keep the teams tight as they are and still progress as a company, they can't keep rotating through 5 franchises. I would have included MCSM, but with the Netflix push... Who knows now. It looks like that will probably keep going.

With this Netflix deal, I think we can officially declare that whole TV weird idea thing dead as well. That is almost assuredly not happening now.

• edited June 2018

Oh shit you're right, this has been in development for a bit! I assume it was postponed due to the internal changes and I'm guessing it'll now release next year alongside Season 3, now with even longer development time..

4k60fpsHDR posted: »

GUYS The Stanger Things game was supposed to come out in AUTUMN (before it was delayed) Even if it comes out tomorrow, telltale spent at least an additional 8 months on the game

• I like this idea and I'm excited for it, but it better not have any of the characters from the TV show in it. There's no room for fitting more storylines in. Just have it focus on the upside down maybe in a different city.

• Ooh a Netflix partnership. Can't wait for Netflix: The Telltale Game.

• Ah yes, the "Super Show". We have dismissed that claim.

Johro posted: »

If you want my opinion... and no one does... I think people can consider GOT and Tales dead. If they're going to keep the teams tight as

• edited June 2018

Welp. I've been putting it off for the longest time but I guess I'll have to watch the show now.

• Im so hyped for a Stranger Things Telltale game. I was always hoping they would do one!

• Honestly not sure what to think about this.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.