There IS a Canon Ending to Season 2

edited July 2018 in The Walking Dead

Alot of people like to argue that there is no canon ending to Season 2 as it is up to the player what happens in the end, which is fine. However as much as even I don’t want to believe it, there actually IS a canon ending to Season 2:

Alone with AJ

Why?

The answer is the trailer to Season 3. In the trailer, Clementine is shown with a missing finger. In Season 2, if you choose to end up alone with AJ, a flashback will show in Season 3. During the flashback, Clementine gets a car door smashed onto her finger, causing it to have to be removed.

Being alone with AJ is the ONLY player option that will trigger this flashback in Season 3. Even though it does not matter as in to who dies in the end of Season 2 whether it be Kenny or Jane, you must abandon whoever survived in order to be alone with AJ.

Now I know people might argue that the trailer isn’t really canon to Season 3 because 1: player choices in the end are what make canon in the game and it is ultimately up to the player to choose what happens and 2: Javier has no facial hair in the trailer, but in the actual game, he has had facial hair the whole time he’s been with Clementine. But as far I’m concerned, it’s Telltale’s ideal an official ending because it was in the trailer. Idk though that’s just my take on it.

Comments

• Thank you for reminding of that trailer, back when Season 3 was actually Season 3.

• edited July 2018

Every MCSM s2 trailer has female Jesse

??Male Jesse confirmed non canon ??

• even if this was the case, there are still technically different Alone endings. Killed Jane left Kenny, Killed Kenny left Jane, Killed both of them.

• Nope. It's just the ending they went with to generate as much buzz as possible. People would notice the missing finger and wonder what happened so they'd talk about it endlessly generating buzz and hype. Hell, they probably had her losing a finger specifically so they could do that.

Besides, notice in the Season 4 teaser and gameplay preview she is distinctly not missing a finger? If that were their chosen canon they'd have carried that into their Season 4 promo material.

• Speaking of missing fingers.

I wonder which character will be getting their fingers destroyed this season.

• Lol, you could actually get the alone ending for season 2 and then skip right onto season 4. Since no Garcia's are returning this would be fine narrative wise . It's just there would be a 6 year time skip.

• Didn't Kent say in the AMA that there will be a explanation about the ANF ending?

MaxTheFax posted: »

Lol, you could actually get the alone ending for season 2 and then skip right onto season 4. Since no Garcia's are returning this would be fine narrative wise . It's just there would be a 6 year time skip.

• As much as I love my ending with Kenny, my canon one would be shoot Kenny and leave Jane. Kenny doesn't deserve to be alone suffering from how much he has lost, being together with his family is better than staying alive in the most horrific world, Jane can go fuck herself and rot on her own, she never deserved Clementine, she is a selfish bitch who doesn't give a shit about anyone but girls who are acting like her sister, Jamie.

• Good spot there with the s4 gameplay. So... pretty much there's no point of this thread.

Nope. It's just the ending they went with to generate as much buzz as possible. People would notice the missing finger and wonder what happe

• Evidence of choices mattering. Go alone= Lose finger, Kill Kenny and stay with Jane= get a tattoo!

• I like the Wellington ending most and the cheek scar is also pretty cool

• There is no definitive canon to Telltale's Walking Dead. Everyone has their own canon. Even though the events of the game remain the same it is the path to those events that are unique and different. Anyways they only used the Alone Ending in trailers as the majority of players got that ending. It doesn't make it canon. It just makes it a more common Ending.

• You, dear sir, are psychic!

• she is a selfish bitch who doesn't give a shit about anyone but girls who are acting like her sister, Jamie.

Actually, she clearly wanted a girl that didn't act like her sister.
    She wasn't looking for a replacement in the general sense--she was looking for an "improvement!"

AronDracula posted: »

As much as I love my ending with Kenny, my canon one would be shoot Kenny and leave Jane. Kenny doesn't deserve to be alone suffering from h

• Eh, I generally go with the stuff that gets the "most" out of the story/gameplay as being canon. Which leaves Carley or Doug as the most nebulous choice in the games, off the top of my head.

But I guess that's mainly me.

There is no definitive canon to Telltale's Walking Dead. Everyone has their own canon. Even though the events of the game remain the same it

• I do pretty much the same

DabigRG posted: »

Eh, I generally go with the stuff that gets the "most" out of the story/gameplay as being canon. Which leaves Carley or Doug as the most nebulous choice in the games, off the top of my head. But I guess that's mainly me.

• edited July 2018

• I chose the alone ending because, in my opinion, it felt more like a walking dead ending.

• No they don't. Unless they've released more than the teaser with her and AJ fishing and the 15 minutes of footage. She has all her fingers in those. I checked.

• I mean, some choices spark an equal amount of gameplay/story. Also, nebulous. Ya never cease to expand my vocabulary, sir!

DabigRG posted: »

Eh, I generally go with the stuff that gets the "most" out of the story/gameplay as being canon. Which leaves Carley or Doug as the most nebulous choice in the games, off the top of my head. But I guess that's mainly me.

• There's no canon ending but if there was one it would be the Kenny ending because Clem knows how to drive a stick shift in TFS, something that only Kenny taught her lol

• You don't know that it was only Kenny, although it seems Clem and AJ have been alone for quite some time. My assumption is that Clem was taught inbetween S2 and ANF.

There's no canon ending but if there was one it would be the Kenny ending because Clem knows how to drive a stick shift in TFS, something that only Kenny taught her lol

• Again, in a more detailed and opportunist direction, she would've learned during her time with either the New Frontier or the Old Richmondettes.

Ghetsis posted: »

You don't know that it was only Kenny, although it seems Clem and AJ have been alone for quite some time. My assumption is that Clem was taught inbetween S2 and ANF.

• The alone ending is for a fact canon on all the marketing, promos, trailers, etc for s3 and now s4 it's Clem with a finger missing, that and the game made it clear both Kenny and Jane are clearly both in the wrong, and in s3 you end up alone regardless, and there is a scraped coming soon title card for s2 e5 which was Clem alone with AJ walking in the distance in the snow to a town this is when the episode was called "better to sleep" to what we now know as "no going back" I could also go into more detail using in game dialog that supports going alone is the right choice and how Kenny and Jane were in the wrong but I don't feel like it right now

• Alone is the closest to a canon ending, she ends up alone no matter what, and choosing Kenny or Jane is moronic.

• and now s4 it's Clem with a finger missing

What now? She has all her fingers in the season 4 teaser and the 15 minute preview

fadeand1 posted: »

The alone ending is for a fact canon on all the marketing, promos, trailers, etc for s3 and now s4 it's Clem with a finger missing, that and

• edited August 2018

I've seen the trailers which came out which both were Clem with a finger missing and the first gameplay they shown which was 15 minutes had Clem with a finger missing, my still point stands

and now s4 it's Clem with a finger missing What now? She has all her fingers in the season 4 teaser and the 15 minute preview

• edited August 2018

at 4:04 of the story preview it Clem with a missing finger, at 0:17 of the comic con trailer Clem with a finger missing, ign first 15 minutes gameplay 0:47 clem with a finger missing

You might have to slow it down because these trailers promos go fast but most of the promos, marketing, trailers for s3 and now s4 have been Clem with a finger missing

There's most likely more I can find also

• this is the canon ending

• Oh shit you right. I somehow missed that before. I withdraw my statement lol

• Hey @telltalegames remember this choice (link: ) m.youtube.com/watch?v=8D8bSp…
    Why is it not in this season I just want this to be fixed in episode 2
    And her scar
    (link: ) m.youtube.com/watch?v=i5HkVG…
    Can they just reply and tell me they see this

MayorMilk posted: »

even if this was the case, there are still technically different Alone endings. Killed Jane left Kenny, Killed Kenny left Jane, Killed both of them.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.