Violet is LGBT Confirmed(?)

edited August 2018 in The Walking Dead

It was confirmed in the AMA there would be "queer" characters this season. Guess we (Might) know who that is now.

Comments

• Oh gosh this better not be a romance option

• edited August 2018

Grow up (and by that I mean a single pin that happens to be a rainbow is a shitty stereotype and a dumb way of showing someone is LGBT). If she happens to be LGBT and its not her defining character trait cool, but that is such a lame reach.

• Lol nicely noticed, didn't see that

• Hell yeah, team rainbow.

• edited August 2018

It's not even a stereotype. Telltale staff gave her that pin for a reason. Also, let's be real, do u know anyone IRL who wears that pin but isn't LGBT? Think about it.

Grow up (and by that I mean a single pin that happens to be a rainbow is a shitty stereotype and a dumb way of showing someone is LGBT). If she happens to be LGBT and its not her defining character trait cool, but that is such a lame reach.

• edited August 2018

Yes because a LGBT girl in the apocalypse cares about wearing a rainbow pin and uses it in a way to remind everyone she is LGBT.

• Cliolet - Violentine :D :D :D :D :D

hahahahahha

• Yah. Like Rebecca didn't care about wearing a Confederate jacket. All that stuffs in the past.

Poogers555 posted: »

Yes because a LGBT girl in the apocalypse cares about wearing a rainbow pin and uses it in a way to remind everyone she is LGBT.

• when the apocalypse started it was 2003, most gay people didn't wear rainbows as a symbol yet apart from parades. In fact if violet's around the same age clem was when the apocalypse started I doubt she grew up with any information that its fashionable to wear rainbow colours if you're gay.

It will be Louis because they said he's fashionable and flirty and the voice actor has played many gay roles before,

hoping for Marlon if i'm honest though, it would spoil his character if he liked clem, because he will

• T H I S. If this were any other media sure, but its the freakin' apocalypse.

• to be fair Violet's VA has also played a gay character before as well.

I would agree that Marlon being LGBT would be a cool twist.

MaxTheFax posted: »

when the apocalypse started it was 2003, most gay people didn't wear rainbows as a symbol yet apart from parades. In fact if violet's around

• And? Why does this matter? What does a sexual orientation have to do with one's character?

• First, that's sexist(?).
    Second,

• edited August 2018

Because people associate rainbows with being butch?

@MaxTheFax hoping for Marlon if i'm honest though

I kinda "am," too.

patrickrc95 posted: »

It's not even a stereotype. Telltale staff gave her that pin for a reason. Also, let's be real, do u know anyone IRL who wears that pin but isn't LGBT? Think about it.

• Yes let’s just make every teen character lgbt why not

to be fair Violet's VA has also played a gay character before as well. I would agree that Marlon being LGBT would be a cool twist.

• You really seem bothered by this lol

Box Tv posted: »

Yes let’s just make every teen character lgbt why not

• I dont understand some people who care about the sexuality of a character, I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying because it's already the third or fourth time someone has created a thread about sexuality. The worst thing was talking about Clementine being a lesbian. I understand that many are curious to know who is gay, lesbian or bisexual but dont need to create several threads talking about the same subject making a huge SPAM. What about the sexuality of each character? who cares ? I dont want to know who is straight, homosexual etc, I want a complete story with well-built characters.

• Looking at it from a Narrative Designing Perspective, the Little Details Matter. It wouldn't make much sense for telltale to give Violet that pin unless this was what they wanted her character to be. Part of narrative designing is to provide a fictional character with a design that meshes well with the narrative designer's intention.

DabigRG posted: »

Because people associate rainbows with being butch? @MaxTheFax hoping for Marlon if i'm honest though I kinda "am," too.

• edited August 2018

Is Clem wearing a hat to remind everyone she is a fan of baseball?

Maybe she just likes it, lol. As soon as a piece of clothing has a rainbow it suddenly becomes gay agenda it seems.

• That rainbow will give poor Clementine some nasty ugly jacket flashbacks.

• From a design perspective the rainbow pin is probably to show off how young she was when it all started. Rainbows are commonly used for child day-cares as well, but nobody going "Yeah my son goes to the gay day-care."

If this was to show off she was LGBT, thats what we call "bad character design."

Looking at it from a Narrative Designing Perspective, the Little Details Matter. It wouldn't make much sense for telltale to give Violet tha

• From a design perspective the rainbow pin is probably to show off how young she was when it all started. Rainbows are commonly used for child day-cares as well.

That's a good point.

If this was to show off she was LGBT, that's what we call "bad character design."

I agree to an extent.

• Kind of reminds of how there is literally no significance of Javier being bi other than for that one dialogue option with Jesus

DanteTimes2 posted: »

And? Why does this matter? What does a sexual orientation have to do with one's character?

• edited August 2018

Or, more accurately/broadly, that pin is indicative of some aspect of her character that we may learn about her background.
    Whether that aspect is her having participated in some organization(like Gabe in the boy scouts) or indeed just shoppin for carpet is up in the air.

Looking at it from a Narrative Designing Perspective, the Little Details Matter. It wouldn't make much sense for telltale to give Violet tha

• edited August 2018

Oh goodness, I forgot about that. That should be decent for a laugh.

@Poogers555 but nobody going "Yeah my son goes to the gay day-care."

That we know of.

If this was to show off she was LGBT, thats what we call "bad character design

Or at least subtle-as-a-brick design.

@Lord_Bullcat Kind of reminds of how there is literally no significance of Javier being bi other than for that one dialogue option with jesus

Yeah, pretty much

Onmens posted: »

That rainbow will give poor Clementine some nasty ugly jacket flashbacks.

• edited August 2018

I personally don't feel comfortable about the sexual orientation of teenagers being discussed on this forum. It's kinda weird.

I dont understand some people who care about the sexuality of a character, I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying because it's already the thi

• I don't see an issue with a Clementine romance as long as it's done well. Besides if you don't like it, I'm pretty sure you can just opt out of it. Although the symbol to remark that they're 'LGBT' is pretty dumb. Like seriously, who in a zombie apocalypse is going to be concerned about it?

I praise the idea that a romance could be an option, but the forced LGBT hints are a tad bit ridiculous.

• Why are people so interested in the sexuality of characters in a post apocalyptic zombie series.

• edited August 2018

You do know that Javier can just turn down Kate, right? Possibly vice versa, even??

• David was always a petty jackass, so his reaction don't count for shit but forced drama.
    The point is Javier can still be single in From the Gallows, regardless of what he may or may not have had with Kate. Which isn't much, physically speaking.

• edited August 2018

Seriously idk why people are making such a big deal out of this. Looking for clues on who the LGBT character's gonna be like it'll be a big reveal or something. I just hope TT doesn't force the topic in or creates the whole character around it. They already got Walter and Javi right so i trust them.

• You know what? I didn't even know that about Walter until you brought it up just now.

Crimson097 posted: »

Seriously idk why people are making such a big deal out of this. Looking for clues on who the LGBT character's gonna be like it'll be a big

• I would believe this as valid evidence if Clementine hadn't worn a rainbow jacket in season 2, being very clearly not LGBT.

• edited August 2018

And that's what's great about him. He's just your average joe who happens to be gay and they never go out of the way to tell you this or justify it. They use his relationship with Mathew to create some conflict but the conflict is not caused because they are a same sex couple, it's caused because they're just a couple. I think this casual approach is the right one when you add LGBT characters to a story where that's not really a central theme.

You know what? I didn't even know that about Walter until you brought it up just now.

• edited August 2018

You nailed it.

Edit: We can close the threads now lol. /s

And that's what's great about him. He's just your average joe who happens to be gay and they never go out of the way to tell you this or jus

• They 'did' Walter really well, ya gotta admit that.

Seriously idk why people are making such a big deal out of this. Looking for clues on who the LGBT character's gonna be like it'll be a big

• Maybe violet's pin was a reminder of her parents?

• That's possible.

Maybe violet's pin was a reminder of her parents?

• Agreed....what next...we try to ferret out the gays in the forums? Just play the damn game folks...

You nailed it. Edit: We can close the threads now lol. /s

Sign in to comment in this discussion.