Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• I think I said something along these lines a number of times in places, but might as well share this post from my Changing Opinions:
    I'd just like to say that looking back and forth between Season 1 and the stories that came afterwards, my views of Clementine and Kenny in particular act as an unfortunately reliable reference point through which I am assessing the validity of how characters are written and/or have been written throughout this game series. Specifically, I've repeatedly been incited to wonder how much of the esteem of the characters is based on the inherent quality and effort of the writing verses the convenience and quantity of their presentation compared to everything else.

• Very slight TFS spoilers

I kinda like the 2 2 word titles, especially the 2nd.

• Here's an unpopular show opinion, I love Tara.

• Unpopular Opinion: I actually really like Javi and David.

• i hated lee i mean he was gud for clem but he kept alot from clem like about her parents made her believe a lie

• Yeah, but would you straight up tell a scared nine year old that her parents are dead in the midst of all the chaos?

i hated lee i mean he was gud for clem but he kept alot from clem like about her parents made her believe a lie

• I see your point & id be apprehensive but if he did maybe she would of not run off and he'd of gotten himself bitten and maybe he'd still be here with her still bein that guide its been to hear the ugly truth then a pretty lie

EbiManami posted: »

Yeah, but would you straight up tell a scared nine year old that her parents are dead in the midst of all the chaos?

• Based on how determined Clementine was to find her parents, I doubt she'd listen to Lee, especially when the stranger was telling her that he could find them.

I see your point & id be apprehensive but if he did maybe she would of not run off and he'd of gotten himself bitten and maybe he'd still be here with her still bein that guide its been to hear the ugly truth then a pretty lie

• Saving Richmond is way less cinematic than going after David and Gabe. Also any ending when Javi and Kate start a family is really messed up.

• edited August 2018

What's what happens when you kill off, sideline, or just flat remove so many of your major characters at the eleventh hour, have the derivative of your mains kidnap arguably the most fleshed of the new characters so all of the personal buildup is on his side, and water down what was to be your big exciting climax to mostly feature a chick on a slow ass frontloader and a whopping three random ass knights on horseback vs lots and lots of lumbering zombies.

EDIT: I just spent the last 10 minutes mad about this damn episode episode again.

Saving Richmond is way less cinematic than going after David and Gabe. Also any ending when Javi and Kate start a family is really messed up.

• I hated it too. I knew what was going to happen almost right away and I didn't want to even think about it. Bleh But I had to play it or I couldn't play the rest of the game. I've done all the replays basically on autopilot, clicking through as fast as I possibly can.

Clem4S3 posted: »

Starved For Help is the worst episode of season 1

• edited August 2018

Although I didn't want Lee dead it needed to happen for story purposes and the fact I don't think this series would be as big as it is now if Lee didn't die most people who ended s1 were in tears it's one of most emotional scenes in gaming history and made the series even more popular

• edited August 2018

Sarah should be alive and her dying is the worst mistake Telltale has ever commited.

• I understand the character of Larry guys a dick but the reason he gives Lee a hard time is due to knowing he murdered someone before the apocalypse, if we were in this situation in real life I think most people wouldn't want a guy who murdered someone before the apocalypse in there group especially if you had family, Larry is just a guy looking out for his daughter Mark can even tell Larry you said this and Larry basically doesn't respond due to knowing you're right

• Watching Davids death was important he plays a big role on Javi for the entire game and had the most emotional scene in the game and if you go with Kate he's just thrown away and it sucks because if you don't go with Kate and go with David the only character you're left with is Gabe while Kate is gone and David dead, but if you go with Kate and Clem goes for David then Kate is alive Gabe is alive and David is dead but imo you just important scene where you hear your Brothers last words, the endings to s3 feel like a lose lose situation really dislike that

• edited August 2018

Conrad seems more human to me as a character than Javier. He reacted more emotionally and believably over the loss of Francine than Javier over any other. He also changes throughout the story, from being a friendly but short tempered bar tender to a man losing it and out for vengeance, to someone who has hopefully found peace with in himself. Javier is an arrogant douche who has the hots for his brother's wife and what you see is what you get

• You know it's possible to save David?

fadeand1 posted: »

Watching Davids death was important he plays a big role on Javi for the entire game and had the most emotional scene in the game and if you

• No he dies in any ending

AgentZ46 posted: »

You know it's possible to save David?

• Wrong.

No he dies in any ending

• Completely wrong he survives in one of the endings

No he dies in any ending

• Just trying to help. Not giving you a hard time. He's definitely the hardest character to save as his survival is entirely dependent on Clementine. Javier and Clem have to go after them for David to survive. I think it's worth it though as Javi and David's relationship is my absolute favorite part of ANF.

No he dies in any ending

• I liked Ben

I wanted to turn him from a piece of dough into a survivor of my image. He got relatevely tougher throughout the story and I thought I was getting somewhere before he died.

One big no-no was running and leaving Clementine when they were cornered together with Walkers closing in. He could have easily grabbed her hand or picked her up quickly. My Lee would have pulled out a few finger nails for that one. It even got Chuck killed FFS !

In fact, screw Ben! I'm glad he's dead!

• Doesn't count, it's not canon bro :D

Completely wrong he survives in one of the endings

• edited August 2018

Thanks for showing me I've surprisingly never seen this

AnimalBoy posted: »

Wrong.

• The same can probably be said for Kenny, Sam, and especially Sarah.

Conrad(and any of the other real Garcia's for that matter) is not the playable character and if there's one thing that the game's decreasing runtime/quality shows, it's that the playable character's don't get much time and hard focus to delve into their inner turmoil as other characters, as they are the main character and thus have to be more composed than the NPCs for the sake of keeping things going at a decent pace outside of certain scenes, making their comparative level-headedness and infallability more obvious.

With that said, Javier still shows more raw emotion, sentiment, and vulnerability than Clementine or maybe Michonne did.

Clemenem posted: »

Conrad seems more human to me as a character than Javier. He reacted more emotionally and believably over the loss of Francine than Javier o

• For what very little it's worth anyway.

Completely wrong he survives in one of the endings

• Man, I must have missed some compelling Javier moments lol

DabigRG posted: »

The same can probably be said for Kenny, Sam, and especially Sarah. Conrad(and any of the other real Garcia's for that matter) is not the

• That's why he didn't ask you--they were adolescent snakes. :tongue:

Man, I must have missed some compelling Javier moments lol

• edited August 2018

got a bit i think choices should matter more than they did even tho it doesn't bother me too much i think carver should have died in episode 4 instead of 3 should have had the option to shoot jane i think telltale should have waited until this year to do the collection game because then season 4 could be on there and they could have fixed the problems with the collection like some of the bugs the music being to loud in some scenes and should have left those music endings back in the game because they were really good but that's all i have

• The reason the Collection was so rushed is because they needed to shit it out before the release of the Final Season in advance, so they could advertise it by giving the Collection for free to everyone who preorders TFS. Like it or not, everything needs newcomers, otherwise they won`t be able so sell this game better than season 1. So that is a good way to bring new people into what seems to be a Final season, something that requires knowledge of all previous seasons. And by giving out the Collection like that they are luring new people in, those who preorder one new game and get 3 more for free. So the intentions were good, but because they obviously rushed it it turned out to be shit, with LOTS of bugs and missing stuff.

derenzo posted: »

got a bit i think choices should matter more than they did even tho it doesn't bother me too much i think carver should have died in episode

• Christa’s character wasn’t too appealing to me and I’m not a huge fan of her. I like her but.. eh

1. Season 2 is the best season
    2. Elanor is epic. (And bae af :) )
  • Yeah I found Christa a bit boring. Was never all that attached to her.

Leegendary posted: »

Christa’s character wasn’t too appealing to me and I’m not a huge fan of her. I like her but.. eh

• Lilly is honestly a much more interesting character to me and would love for her to be back.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Yeah I found Christa a bit boring. Was never all that attached to her.

• I love Lilly! Fingers crossed she comes back in the final season.

Leegendary posted: »

Lilly is honestly a much more interesting character to me and would love for her to be back.

• I think Season 3. I have now just started playing. I didn't like that we could not be Clem the whole time.

• Unpopular opinion: I'm not too excited about this last season, and it's only a few days away. I actually pre-ordered life is strange 2 instead of this.

• You're not the only one, dude.

At least the first part, anyway.

MosesARose posted: »

Unpopular opinion: I'm not too excited about this last season, and it's only a few days away. I actually pre-ordered life is strange 2 instead of this.

• Unpop op: Life is Strange is not the opposite of The Walking Dead.

• I don't know what the fuck that means beyond "ANF didn't have a rewind function."

Unpop op: Life is Strange is not the opposite of The Walking Dead.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.