Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2018

Welcome back, long time no see!

Some of the last few Telltale games around 2016-2017 had monthly episode releases (with a one off episode coming 2 months instead), but that's (possibly) subject to change.

In some interviews last Summer/Fall, Job Stauffer (former PR manager) kinda hinted that Telltale would not only experiment with number of episodes in future Telltale Seasons but also the timing of releases. Despite this, Telltale says they want to release all four episodes this year. So, basically, we're in uncharted waters.

Green613 posted: »

UGHHH I was so convinced that after ANF I was done playing TWD and Telltale games all together, but here I am along for the ride. Again.

• They've actually been doing pretty good with monthly releases across their series, especially with Batman.

Nah I mean like how are Telltales release patterns. Like i remember for season 2 it was like every 2 months which i was fine with

• If they want to release all of the episodes this year then they'd have to do that every month.

Welcome back, long time no see! Some of the last few Telltale games around 2016-2017 had monthly episode releases (with a one off episode

• 3 more episodes in around 6 months sounds like good time, i hope they take as much time as they need because i want this season to be one to remember.

Welcome back, long time no see! Some of the last few Telltale games around 2016-2017 had monthly episode releases (with a one off episode

• Wow, monthly? Has that affected the episode quality noticably or is it roughly the same

They've actually been doing pretty good with monthly releases across their series, especially with Batman.

• edited August 2018

Ever since the new CEO has taken over, I've seen an uptick in quality. You want to take my word for it, play Batman Season 2 (The Enemy Within), especially Episode 5. @Green613

• I second that. Batman TEW was top notch.

Ever since the new CEO has taken over, I've seen an uptick in quality. You want to take my word for it, play Batman Season 2 (The Enemy Within), especially Episode 5. @Green613

• I'm sooooooo happy a large majority liked (even loved) "Done Running". Its gonna make going through discussions all the more better. Let's keep up that enthusiasm and hope for even greater moments in episode 2 and beyond!

• edited August 2018

This season bout to be lit 100%

I love walking dead telltale but Worst thing about walking dead game is waiting for new episodes to come out so longgggggggg

• I haven't been this excited for an episode to come out since 2014 back when S2 was in progress.

Done Running was a spectacular return to form.

• My thoughts exactly .

Tewudin posted: »

And now...

• Somewhere around mid September or early October I guess, but why talk about this now the game was just released today.

The only thing I want to talk about for episode 2 is theroys.

• All of TWD seasons were amazing. I don't think I've ever played a TT game that I didn't absolutely love. I was reading some of the earlier posts and I think I can agree on the likelihood of Lily returning as one of the main story protagonists as the leader of the raiders. It makes sense since she's ex military and in both scenarios in season 1 there is a possibility for her survival. It'll probably play out similar to the situation in New Frontier when you reunite with your brother. I hope we don't end up waiting too long for the new episodes.

• Sorry if this has been posted before -- I have not yet played Episode 1 so I'm avoiding this section -- but regardless I had to go over here and post it just in case.
    In the most recent email Telltale has sent out, announcing the release of Episode 1, this epic, awesome digital poster was included. Here it is, and I'm out of here...:

• Looks like an 80's action movie poster.

AChicken posted: »

Sorry if this has been posted before -- I have not yet played Episode 1 so I'm avoiding this section -- but regardless I had to go over here

• Wow that is an amazing poster. I'm drooling

Sorry if this has been posted before -- I have not yet played Episode 1 so I'm avoiding this section -- but regardless I had to go over here

• Damn boi

• edited August 2018

Episode 1 was surprisingly good. Hope they don’t drop the ball with the other 3 episodes!

I attacked Abel but I’m pretty sure he’s still alive. I’m guessing Abel will play a big role in Episode 2 - possibly raid the school and the method he chooses or how he reacts to you will probably depend on your choice in Episode 1 (attack him/let him take some food).

• I really hope we get to know the rest of the group more, first episode we didn't get much about Willy, Mitch or Omar, hopefully they won't just be cannon fodder, please Telltale, let us end the final season with a group.

• I'm guessing they'll announce the next episode in 3 months but it won't come out for 4 or 5 months... why? Because they always do this to us.......

• They already stated in an interview that all episodes will come out before the end of this year. (This was mentioned in a comment earlier.)

HnyBear posted: »

I'm guessing they'll announce the next episode in 3 months but it won't come out for 4 or 5 months... why? Because they always do this to us.......

• Abel is definitely dead. I think determinate characters like Abel might be handled like how Conrad was handled in season 3 but this is just MO.

Episode 1 was surprisingly good. Hope they don’t drop the ball with the other 3 episodes! I attacked Abel but I’m pretty sure he’s still

• Nah, we don`t see the body, we hear three gunshots after he is dragged away. Its basically 101 for "character thought to be dead comes back"

Abel is definitely dead. I think determinate characters like Abel might be handled like how Conrad was handled in season 3 but this is just MO.

• Lol fuckin' saw someone say they didn't like the characters because of the teen drama.

I don't know what kinda freaky ass teen drama you've been in man but it sounds like you need help.

• Honestly, I'll be shocked if Abel comes back in my game. I swear I thought I saw a walker chomp the side of his neck before he was pulled off screen. I'm not sure how someone could cut anything off that part of the body to prevent terminal illness.

0v3rp0w3r posted: »

Nah, we don`t see the body, we hear three gunshots after he is dragged away. Its basically 101 for "character thought to be dead comes back"

• DID SOMEBODY SAY MONTHLY RELEASES

• Everyone on the forum should just start calling him CJ from now on that’s what I’m going to do .

Carver Jr. gonna make things hard for Clem... Little shit.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2018

I swear I thought I saw a walker chomp the side of his neck before he was pulled off screen.

Aside from that not having happened, I would like to direct the court's eyes to this image.

Now, you may not see it on first glance, which is why I've provided another image zoomed on the point of interest.

That's correct! One of the walkers taking Abel is missing its jaw!

Music to go along with this amazing turnabout.

As we know, walkers without their jaw cannot infect people as easily, not only that, but this one is even missing its upper teeth, making it no threat aside from it grabbing him!

This changes the entire assumption on its head! Now, Abel only needs to deal with 1 walker that bites, and what do you know? His gun is in the perfect position to fire at that specific one. Changing this from a low chance miracle escape, to a highly probable unscathed escape!

I rest my case.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if Abel comes back in my game. I swear I thought I saw a walker chomp the side of his neck before he was pulled off screen. I'm not sure how someone could cut anything off that part of the body to prevent terminal illness.

• sorry bucko, ANF would like to have a word with you

dojo32161 posted: »

I swear I thought I saw a walker chomp the side of his neck before he was pulled off screen. Aside from that not having happen

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2018

Also, interesting fact, walkers are known to have difficulty biting through thick leather, and well, okay I don't he's wearing leather, if he were, he'd be solid. There's an instance in the comics were a character (albeit a very physically strong character) has like 4 walkers grabbing/biting him in his jacket and he fights them off.

As long as the skin didn't get pierced in any spot he should live.

I swear I thought I saw a walker chomp the side of his neck before he was pulled off screen. Aside from that not having happen

• It's good to see you again Green. Hope the waits aren't too long for ya.

UGHHH I was so convinced that after ANF I was done playing TWD and Telltale games all together, but here I am along for the ride. Again.

• He better fucking be dead

• It feels great being hyped for TWD again. Now I can return to these forums to spread love about the only valid ship, that being Louintine.

I'm ᵐᵒˢᵗᶫʸ joking of course, but damn it was a good episode. Now hopefully the later ones will uphold that quality.

• What an excellent redirect, very well done. I'm convinced Able is dead and @dojo32161 is disbarred.

Poogers555 posted: »

sorry bucko, ANF would like to have a word with you

• edited August 2018

?‍♀️ "Done Running" - August 14
    ? "Suffer the Children" - September 25
    ? "Broken Toys" - November 6
    ? "Take Us Back" - December 18 https://t.co/YyX7VZOjTr

YESS OMG TELLTALE YOU GUYS ARE ON FIRE!!!!!!

• edited August 2018

https://.twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1029744527354089474
    DID TELLTALE REALLY JUST GIVE ALL THE RELEASE DATES!

• Yes, yes they did my friend.

Creeper1846 posted: »

https://.twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1029744527354089474 DID TELLTALE REALLY JUST GIVE ALL THE RELEASE DATES!

• Yes, although they are sbject to change, as it says at the bottom of the picture.

Creeper1846 posted: »

https://.twitter.com/telltalegames/status/1029744527354089474 DID TELLTALE REALLY JUST GIVE ALL THE RELEASE DATES!

• I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT

Sign in to comment in this discussion.