Who here said we play as AJ in Episode 4?

edited August 2018 in The Walking Dead

I remember seeing it somewhere on this forum within the last week when the demo was first data mined. Now that we're able to see the animations for the upcoming episodes, we see AJ and Clem on each one except the last.

I think it's safe to say, we're definitely going to see her death with no alternative ending where she survives. I enjoyed episode 1 but I couldn't help but notice SEVERAL callbacks to S1 in almost every scene. Some were subtle, but many were pretty in our faces. I'm not going to list off the many things for those that haven't played yet, but I'm sure many others caught on to this, too.

My question for the person who first hinted that we'd be playing as AJ in episode four is, how did you figure this out? I believe we have a insider mole on this forum, folks.

Also to any knowledgeable game devs out there: Is it possible all 4 episodes are already complete? How else would they have all their achievements laid out if they hadn't already started on each episode?

Comments

• The acheivements that leaked sparked the theories. But thumbnails haven’t always been the most accurate depiction of the events of an episode(Amid the Ruins).

• That hat could mean any number of things. Maybe Clem let go of her past. Maybe AJ died and she left it with his grave as a gift for him. Who knows.

• I don’t think we’re gonna play as AJ tbh. Doesn’t it even say at the beggining of the game that our choices will shape what AJ becomes? How would that be the case if we were going to end up playing as him? Just doesn’t make too much sense to me.

• edited August 2018

@Mattsag207 and @Hillbilly_Dave I truly hope both of you are right! Either way, your replies have helped kinda restore my optimism about Clem's fate...but this is The Walking Dead.

I really hope Skybound isn't going Hitman on us..Kill Madison, Leave Rick's fate unknown, and now possibly the death of Clem, all in the same year? IDK if I could take it!

That hat could mean any number of things. Maybe Clem let go of her past. Maybe AJ died and she left it with his grave as a gift for him. Who knows.

• oh fuck episode 5 title card is clems hat on a rock i think she dies pack it up bois.

• I feel like she will not die, taking that route would just be too obvious.

• I agree that would be to obvious, not to mention lost of interest afterwards .

MosesARose posted: »

I feel like she will not die, taking that route would just be too obvious.

• That’s, actually, a very good Prediction.

That hat could mean any number of things. Maybe Clem let go of her past. Maybe AJ died and she left it with his grave as a gift for him. Who knows.

• No need ignore the episode achievements & make it so obvious that you're trying to troll, dude. TF do people blindly heart everything this wannabe Pepe says? Either positively contribute to the discussion, or STFU as you see your way out of this thread.

Poogers555 posted: »

oh fuck episode 5 title card is clems hat on a rock i think she dies pack it up bois.

• The achievements really don't lead me to think "Clem is 100% Dead" the achievements in many Telltales games arnt even that accurate. Im not even saying Clem wont die, but if she does it will probably end up being determinate.

The title card showing her hat on a rock is not enough to go "100% dead no other way." Also every Telltale game releases all the achievements at launch, dont read too much into them. The final achievement is "Savior" which can mean anything. For example, can easily mean Clem saves the day and saves everyone. It could also mean she sacrifices herself to save everyone. Point is, there isnt enough at all to start going "Clem will die no exception."

Thanks for the rant tho

No need ignore the episode achievements & make it so obvious that you're trying to troll, dude. TF do people blindly heart everything th

• It's very obviously not the case, Telltale won't kill Clementine. Especially after they said they are constantly taking fans opinions and thoughts into account.

• To be fair, they're not mutually exclusive.

• edited August 2018

I am actually starting to believe that Lily is the returning character. Based on this website, one of the achievements for episode 3 says "Did you lick it." It might be talking about the salt lick from season 1 episode 2. Here is the website: https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/the-walking-dead-season-four/achievements/
    Also, one of the achievements for episode four says "Lost and found" when you find Clem's hat. Clem might actually die. :'( :'(

Sign in to comment in this discussion.