Clementine is dying at the end (My theories ALMOST prove it)

edited August 2018 in The Walking Dead

Look at the last episode, then look at the lyrics of the song Louis was singing "Oh my darling Clementine"

"Drove she ducklings to the water.
Every morning just at 9.
Hit her foot against a splinter.
Fell into the foaming brine."
(There could be a "splinter" too since there is a bridge near the fishing grounds, of which clem's hat, is on the last episode)

then the next line

"Ruby lips above the water.
Blowing bubbles soft and fine.
But alas I was no swimmer.
So I lost my Clementine"

This could be from AJ's point of view, or the person you make a love interest with's view if you receive an option for a love interest.

And ever since she lost Luke in the lake I think she may have some symptoms of PTSD putting her against water or at least losing someone in it. (Leaving her defenceless in problematic situations with the fishing grounds or other bodies of water)

Sorry to say this because I am angry the series is ending full stop, but all my theories point to clem drowning by the fishing grounds or any other bodies of water, with either AJ there (since he can't swim) or her love interest there since they would be the most likely to call clementine "my clementine"

Comments

• I think he sang it bc it said clem

• Clem dying is "one" of the ending of the finale episodes.

• but if you look at the last picture for episode 4 and look at the quotes of the song, Clementine by a body of water dying or at least missing.

Leegendary posted: »

I think he sang it bc it said clem

• and if you read the bit about luke it would make sense, she would be afraid or at most weary about losing someone to water

Zappi_Boy posted: »

but if you look at the last picture for episode 4 and look at the quotes of the song, Clementine by a body of water dying or at least missing.

• Doesn't almost prove anything. They've had the Clementine name since S1, they almost certainly didn't have an end for her based on the song when they started this. And using that now would be very on the nose. And Oh my Darling, Clementine is a famous song. I guarantee any person named Clementine gets that song sang to them every time they meet a new person. It's no biggie or foreshadowing imo.

• The last image is of her hat. My guess that has something do with a certain achievement dealing with her hat. But I don't want to spoil anything.

but if you look at the last picture for episode 4 and look at the quotes of the song, Clementine by a body of water dying or at least missing.

• it could be a coincidence i agree but is it really like telltale to include a song with a characters name about them dying and have the picture at the end of the season purely a coincidence?

SemiSweet posted: »

Doesn't almost prove anything. They've had the Clementine name since S1, they almost certainly didn't have an end for her based on the song

• edited August 2018

you don't want to spoil anything? does that mean you know or you don't want to be guessing right?
    because honestly I don't want to be guessing right about her dying or going missing

MosesARose posted: »

The last image is of her hat. My guess that has something do with a certain achievement dealing with her hat. But I don't want to spoil anything.

• do you know this? if yes how, if no thanks for speculating the possibilities of a protagonist not dying at the end

Clem dying is "one" of the ending of the finale episodes.

• its a well known speculation among the fans that there are gonna be multiple endings since this is the final story. There is no proof of this tho

do you know this? if yes how, if no thanks for speculating the possibilities of a protagonist not dying at the end

• edited August 2018

if only there was proof right? then my heart rate could lower past 120

its a well known speculation among the fans that there are gonna be multiple endings since this is the final story. There is no proof of this tho

• The proof is in the achievements of episode 4

its a well known speculation among the fans that there are gonna be multiple endings since this is the final story. There is no proof of this tho

• edited August 2018

sorry wait what?
    which achievements?

The proof is in the achievements of episode 4

• edited August 2018

These:
    1. GoodBye
    2. Came Full Circle
    3. You And Me

sorry wait what? which achievements?

• I can't find "Came Full Cycle" but for the other two, I assume they are face value.
    (Goodbye is clem dying)
    (You and Me is clem living)

These: 1. GoodBye 2. Came Full Circle 3. You And Me

• first of all, I meant came full circle sorry for the mistake
    second of all, I'm pretty sure that I saw this achievement two days ago

I can't find "Came Full Cycle" but for the other two, I assume they are face value. (Goodbye is clem dying) (You and Me is clem living)

• Multiple endings again? I was hoping for something closer to season One's conclusion to fit the mold of having come full circle and finishing the series almost the same way we began. Especially with the title pictures looking very identical.

• This is a theory?

• Clem dying? Neh that would be very unoriginal.

• She is unfortunately, it's sadly obvious by the episode pictures in the main menu.

She's in every single one except the last episode, where it just shows Clem's most beloved hat lying on the cold ground for walkers to stomp upon. :(

I will drink bleach if they kill off Clem.

• Don't worry she will reunite with Lee and Kenny in heaven. :)

ZombieKenny posted: »

She is unfortunately, it's sadly obvious by the episode pictures in the main menu. She's in every single one except the last episode, wh

• Yep, just some "coincidences" and like Marlon, "I don't believe in those"

This is a theory?

• Drowning seems very anticlimactic. Im not sure how you are meant to make a death about falling in a shallow river memorable.

• Luke’s death was memorable.

bobshaw posted: »

Drowning seems very anticlimactic. Im not sure how you are meant to make a death about falling in a shallow river memorable.

• Yes but falling through a hole in an ice sheet and sinking to the bottom of a 40 foot deep lake in freezing cold water is way more dramatic than falling into a slow and shallow brook and drowning.

Luke’s death was memorable.

• I was assuming she fell into the fishing grounds may be a walker held her under, or even a person, but it is also why I said "or any other bodies of water"

bobshaw posted: »

Yes but falling through a hole in an ice sheet and sinking to the bottom of a 40 foot deep lake in freezing cold water is way more dramatic than falling into a slow and shallow brook and drowning.

• and, you know... her parents?

Razer531 posted: »

Don't worry she will reunite with Lee and Kenny in heaven.

• edited August 2018

meh
    lee is her true parent that enabled her to survive 9 years into apocalypse, # lee4evr

and, you know... her parents?

• I can't argue that Lee wasn't better than clems parents but I still think she would see her parents before lee

Razer531 posted: »

meh lee is her true parent that enabled her to survive 9 years into apocalypse, # lee4evr

• Tenn's drawing of his interpretation of an afterlife maybe foreshadowy.
    Aj is mandatorily drawn into the picture alongside Tenn's "supposedly" dead sisters and the Walkers that "ellegedly" killed them. Clementine however is determinately drawn in based on player choice.

Depending on how you interpret that (assuming Tenn's drawing is Telltale's subtle way of hinting possible character fates), Aj's fate could be set in stone but Clem's fate may very well be left determined by player choice.

• AJ doesn't have to be in the drawing. When Tenn asks you if he can draw Clem you can say no and then you can say that you don't want AJ in the drawing.

Nihlus76 posted: »

Tenn's drawing of his interpretation of an afterlife maybe foreshadowy. Aj is mandatorily drawn into the picture alongside Tenn's "supposed

• Oh right, I totally missed that one, my bad. :-)

NexusFire posted: »

AJ doesn't have to be in the drawing. When Tenn asks you if he can draw Clem you can say no and then you can say that you don't want AJ in the drawing.

• To be honest I really believe that Clementine is going to die by all the proofs there are, but someone will for sure stay with AJ. I mean come on - how old he is? 5? 7? Anyway he won't survive alone, no matter how great shot he is or anything. He will need someone to take care of him. Or they will make this game super-depressing and they will kill off AJ aswell.

• But I think that her death is going to be a better ending than her and AJ living great and happy for the rest of their lifes. Like come on, this is The Walking Dead. It would be nice of course if Jesus found them again and proposed that they can go to Alexandria, but since game is already like 8-10 years after the epidemy and comics are currently only 4 years after then it's impossible really. It has to end somehow...

• No problem. :)

Nihlus76 posted: »

Oh right, I totally missed that one, my bad. :-)

• I dont think Clem's gon die tho
    Everyone expects her to die,right?
    they said they want to do something ppl dont expect,right?
    They said they wanted to do something similar to S1 without beeing too silmilar
    killin Clem wont b a good idea if they actually wanna do those things
    That doesnt mean that they should come out and confirm "its fine,she aint gon die bruh!" cuz then its not gonna b so idk
    like imagine this,in the end clem is missing,like u dont know where the fuck she's at!,maybe u play as AJ,find her har,and since its really likely she gon die,unlike some tv shows,movies,games where the main character aint dyin for shit,ur like oh shit! what if she's dead? and then she's not dead
    Well the hat is there on the ep title screen to make u think she gon die,obviously ppl would b a lot less likely to believe it if it showed happy clem doing.....happy thing...idk :D

• edited August 2018

it makes no thematic sense for Clem and AJ to live happily ever after but somehow the rest of the entire Walking Dead universe doesn't.

And remember, TWD games are canonically in-conjunction with the comics.

There's going to be concessions.

MaikelRR_ posted: »

But I think that her death is going to be a better ending than her and AJ living great and happy for the rest of their lifes. Like come on,

• clem's love interest could be the one to stay with AJ or someone like Christa may come and find him and take care of him without knowledge of the time AJ spent with clem

MaikelRR_ posted: »

To be honest I really believe that Clementine is going to die by all the proofs there are, but someone will for sure stay with AJ. I mean co

• S2's Kenny endings were emotional without being "sad" and it was a good closure until ANF came. What I wanna say is that Clementine doesn't have to die to give a good closure to her story and an impactful ending.

• Depends. In the comics after the war with The Whisperers people do in fact leave there happily ever after. It isn't the end of the comic book of course, but there's a plenty of good time right now in comic.

it makes no thematic sense for Clem and AJ to live happily ever after but somehow the rest of the entire Walking Dead universe doesn't. And remember, TWD games are canonically in-conjunction with the comics. There's going to be concessions.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.