Did anyone else got the Peter Pan references? SPOILERS, UPDATED!

edited August 2018 in The Walking Dead

They are basically the lost boys that live in a school that is mean to represent Neverland, no adults/pirates allowed around and but in this scenario near the end Peter and Wendy got killed.

I think that the idea of Peter/Marlon allowing adults take some of the kids is something that could be compared to the Peter Pan from the books, I heard something about Peter allowing some of the lost kids to die if he thought that the group was getting too big, doing it for the sake of the other kids, similar to Marlon.

He was also doing this pose a lot, and his eyes ,the hair made him look like some Peter Pan illustrations with kind of spiky hair.

The lost boys

Wendy

Brody

Little John

Pirates!

They also have a map, remember that you are not allowed to go beyond Neverland

They even have a dog

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Well I didn't know about Peter and Wendy dying so... Thanks for the spoiler!!! (angry face!)
    But, in all seriousness, good points.

• I did see some parallels between the two, but I'm pretty sure Peter and Wendy didn't sell out the Lost Boys then cover it up so they don't lose face.

Does this mean Clem is Tinkerbell? She is pretty darn short after all. If Lilly does return and is really leading the Raiders is she Captain Hook? Is Able Boson Smee?

• That's a really cool comparison. Never would've looked at it that way had you not made this thread.

• Laughing a lot hahaha LOL

• Well, is because of Tinkerbell that a lot of bad stuff happens in the books, so I was think that she probably is meant to be her.

Plan_R posted: »

I did see some parallels between the two, but I'm pretty sure Peter and Wendy didn't sell out the Lost Boys then cover it up so they don't l

• I meant the Peter and Wendy from this group, Marlon and Brody.
    In the books Wendy grows older and has a daughter that travels to Neverland

GamerLady posted: »

Well I didn't know about Peter and Wendy dying so... Thanks for the spoiler!!! (angry face!) But, in all seriousness, good points.

• Play it again while thinking about Marlon as Peter at the very least, it truly changes things!

Dex-Starr posted: »

That's a really cool comparison. Never would've looked at it that way had you not made this thread.

• LAL

BigLee posted: »

Laughing a lot hahaha LOL

• It was way more like the lord of flies, there was even a direct reference to lord of the flies in the game, on the walls the graffiti says "Piggy died first, then simon, Ralph is next." 3 characters, from the book, which is about kids in an Apocalypse surviving by themselves without any adults, for example Piggy died from getting his head split open after blunt force tramua by another kid with anger issues, same as brody, simon died by getting stabbed with spears after all the kids teamed up on him and they made a mistake in killing him, possibly Marlon? and ralph is the main character but he manages to get away when an adult finds and saves him (The ending)

Lol Lilly saves clem?

• I don't know, I see more Peter Pan parales based on the fact that they know that there are some adults and that they hide from them.
    There is also the fact that they live in a forest, Marlon acting like Peter and making sure that adults wouldn't find them and how to me Marlon and Brody are such dead ringers for Peter and Wendy

MaxTheFax posted: »

It was way more like the lord of flies, there was even a direct reference to lord of the flies in the game, on the walls the graffiti says "

• I got Lord of the Flies vibes more than anything else.

• Yes, I was kidding. :)

Zombie-man posted: »

I meant the Peter and Wendy from this group, Marlon and Brody. In the books Wendy grows older and has a daughter that travels to Neverland

• I don't know, I think that there is more to Lord of the flies than '' a bunch of kids surviving without adults''
    I see the kids working together and being friends, not killing each other for petty reasons not taking into account the last 10 minutes of the game because that was mostly 1 person doing the bad things.
    I see it more as Peter Pan gone wrong.

Veeeee posted: »

I got Lord of the Flies vibes more than anything else.

• A little OT but I was really hoping that it would be less Neverland and Lord of the Flies, and more the children tribe from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Clem could have been Captain Walker.

• Well, yeah.

I don't know, I think that there is more to Lord of the flies than '' a bunch of kids surviving without adults'' I see the kids working tog

• ''and more the children tribe from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Clem could have been Captain Walker.''

One can argue that the series is pretty much that minus the cool costumes, that first part with the zombies and the car felt like stright out of Mad Max!

Plan_R posted: »

A little OT but I was really hoping that it would be less Neverland and Lord of the Flies, and more the children tribe from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Clem could have been Captain Walker.

• Agreed, Clem is the Road Warrior at the start of the episode. Maybe the season climax can be her driving a tanker of guzzoline.

''and more the children tribe from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Clem could have been Captain Walker.'' One can argue that the series is p

• I also get serious "Lord of the Flies" vibes from the whole setting. I think there's even a graffiti reference to it in the school.

• I hadn't read lord of the flies so the peter pan theory made sense to me.

• edited August 2018

Oh, it absolutely makes sense. The game can be inspired by both Peter Pan and Lord of the Flies.

GamerLady posted: »

I hadn't read lord of the flies so the peter pan theory made sense to me.

• I really like the Peter Pan idea, I'm about to draw a version of the poster for the movie Hook but with all the characters in this episode

Oh, it absolutely makes sense. The game can be inspired by both Peter Pan and Lord of the Flies.

• Zombie-man posted: »

I really like the Peter Pan idea, I'm about to draw a version of the poster for the movie Hook but with all the characters in this episode

• Whose going to be Ruffio? No wait don't tell me, I want to be surprised

I really like the Peter Pan idea, I'm about to draw a version of the poster for the movie Hook but with all the characters in this episode

• edited August 2018

Thanks, I will make sure to add the pic over there.
    I can take a couple fo simple requests from you people if you like, preferably from this episode

• but there is graffiti with references to lord of flies plot and characters

I don't know, I see more Peter Pan parales based on the fact that they know that there are some adults and that they hide from them. There

• I picked up the Peter Pan references straight away. If Lily turns up with a missing hand (hacked off because of a zombie bite, maybe?), I think we'll officially have our version of Captain Hook.

• I was thinking about something like that happening, at least an eye patch!

I picked up the Peter Pan references straight away. If Lily turns up with a missing hand (hacked off because of a zombie bite, maybe?), I think we'll officially have our version of Captain Hook.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.