MY LET'S PLAY OF THE FINAL SEASON (thanks to you all for encouraging me)

edited August 2018 in The Walking Dead

I've been a part of this forum for years, the funny/serious/passionate discussions surrounding TWD series, and honestly other telltale games, is what made me want to get into making youtube videos in the first place, and you guys have been incredibly awesome and supportive. I can't believe this is the final season of the walking dead, but it started off with a bang. I would love to know what you guys think of my decisions and opinions, I would love to hear yours!

Comments

• I want to do a let's play too but I'm not sure how to do that

• You called Violet a coward. BLASPHEMY!!

• Hahahaha to be fair I was desperately trying to get someone to stop pointing a gun at me. Violet is definitely the most badass of the group

MosesARose posted: »

You called Violet a coward. BLASPHEMY!!

• Has anyone ever told you, that you kind of look like Tara from the show, except prettier and a much more likeable personality

• Hahahaha thank you, very sweet. Every time I make a TWD video I get that comparison, which makes sense, since the Venn Diagram of the fans of the game and show is probably just one circle ?

Clemenem posted: »

Has anyone ever told you, that you kind of look like Tara from the show, except prettier and a much more likeable personality

• There’s a lot of resources out there for it! Try looking into OBS, it’s free

I want to do a let's play too but I'm not sure how to do that

• Also, what system are you playing on? Are you planning on using a facecam and/or mic?

I want to do a let's play too but I'm not sure how to do that

• lol, I like how you had bad vibes from Marlon from start. 'I don't know about you dude, you look like a bully.'

• Is it compatible with Xbox one?

alliebee posted: »

There’s a lot of resources out there for it! Try looking into OBS, it’s free

• Xbox. What all do I need to do it?

Also, what system are you playing on? Are you planning on using a facecam and/or mic?

• I mean he had the mullet, letterman jacket, etc. straight out of an 80s film :D

GamerLady posted: »

lol, I like how you had bad vibes from Marlon from start. 'I don't know about you dude, you look like a bully.'

• I don’t have an Xbox so I don’t know a lot about it ? but when I googled Xbox live stream, this is one of the first results, and it seems pretty helpful. https://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-stream-twitch-xbox-one,news-18472.html

Are you gonna use a camera and mic? How are you gonna edit? If you want to record footage from your rig onto your pc. Apparently you can do something like plug your Xbox into your computer and record from there- that way it’ll be easier if you need to edit videos, here’s something about that. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-dvr-windows-10

I did a ton of research before I ever posted my first vid. My first video is rough, but don’t worry bc everyone’s is ? I built my pc, and basically researched my ass off for 2 weeks before doing anything ? I use bandicam to record, and OBS to stream. OBS is always free, bandicam has a free version. I don’t use twitch so I can’t give you advice on that, but as for YT, make sure you maximize your SEO, there’s a ton of guides available. If you’re using a camera, good lighting is essential, there’s some cheap softbox lights on amazon.

Audio quality is also very important. Mics can be expensive, my first videos were shot with a super cheap like $30 mic set that came with a stand. Price was great, but I had to watch hours of tutorials on audio processing/editing to make it sound good. With my new mic I don’t have to do much to my audio files.

Teach yourself photoshop to make eye catching thumbnails! Easier than it seems.

Sorry this is all over the place, there’s just SO MUCH that goes into making a good video, and I barely described any of it. Through research would probably be your best bet, but I’ll try to help if I can.

Xbox. What all do I need to do it?

• Yes because I care so much about the faked reactions of random youtubers...

• Seems a bit unnecessarily aggressive there my dude. At any rate, sorry you don’t like my video, there are plenty of valid criticisms of videos I put out (I talk too much, mistakes with editing, etc.) I welcome criticism because it’s the best way to improve, but “faked reaction” is pretty baseless. While I can understand why you might be upset with my post, I’ve met some wonderful people through these forums who’ve become a part of my community.

I post here about this stuff because you all care about these games as much as I do, and I’m actively looking for people to talk to this about, to share their insights, opinions, theories, experiences, etc. that’s one of my favorite parts about gaming tbh, sharing the experience with others, and others sharing it with me. Sorry for the rambling response, I’m not sure if I made complete sense, but thanks for reading ☺️

• Did you want to live stream or record and edit?

Xbox. What all do I need to do it?

• Live stream. I'm worried I won't be good or entertaining though.

Did you want to live stream or record and edit?

• Well, you’ll never know until you try, right? If it makes you feel better, almost every streamer/YTr starts off pretty rough, but as long as you’re willing to accept criticisms (when they’re useful) and learn from your mistakes you’ll be alright. To give yourself a leg up I would definitely recommend doing a lot of research before starting.

Also figure out what kind of commentary you are going for? Are you doing serious game analysis? Are you being funny? Is it technical commentary?

If you’re struggling to figure out what to talk about; or if you’re nervous, it also might help if you have a friend pop into the stream’s chat and talk with you. It will give you more to say, but you’ll also feel more comfortable because you’ll be talking to someone you know

Live stream. I'm worried I won't be good or entertaining though.

• I like Tara and i like the character she is

Clemenem posted: »

Has anyone ever told you, that you kind of look like Tara from the show, except prettier and a much more likeable personality

• I haven’t kept up with the show the past few seasons, I liked her when I last saw her but I heard she’s taken a turn for the worse?

dan290786 posted: »

I like Tara and i like the character she is

• Part 1 of episode 2 is here :D

• Wow, I actually watched that video and had no I idea that it was you, keep up the good work.

• okay you absolutely made my day with this comment <3

Wow, I actually watched that video and had no I idea that it was you, keep up the good work.

• No problem

okay you absolutely made my day with this comment

• dumb thing I photoshopped for the video

• FINALE IS HERE!

• other thing I photoshopped, inspired by James

• First part of episode 3 is up now :D

• Part 2 is here!! Loved the reunion so much ??.

• And here’s the last part!!! I’m honestly super torn about that ending choice, but I’m also really irritated

Sign in to comment in this discussion.