Ep 402 Waiting Thread - Releases September 25, Trailer Out Now + New Key art

Comments

• The hairstyle doesn't match. He isn't dead THAT long for the lose of any hair so the style itself should be similiar. It's not really. Then again, maybe walkers eating him tore his hairs from his head accidentally.

Hersani posted: »

Wait a second.... isn't the zombie from the short teaser Abel??? He has the same jacket!

• If this is really true, then I hope the choice 'killing him or not' matters alot.

Yeah, why would they show us a random shot of a random zombie? especially in a very short teaser where you need to put something worth getting hyped

• The episode has a time skip as shown in the the first sneak peak... but yeah I'm still not even 10% convinced it's Abel due the his face shape :).. but the similarity with the jacket and wondering why they decided to add a random shot of a zombie got my mind

Tewudin posted: »

The hairstyle doesn't match. He isn't dead THAT long for the lose of any hair so the style itself should be similiar. It's not really. Then again, maybe walkers eating him tore his hairs from his head accidentally.

• They might've put a random zombie in a teaser to... I don't know, maybe tease about potential horde overruning the camp? I mean, the first episode literally ended with a BANG and they love noises, yes?

Yeah, why would they show us a random shot of a random zombie? especially in a very short teaser where you need to put something worth getting hyped

• edited September 2018

For some reason, this teaser gave my mind a whole lot of theories!

Abel could be in a group with Lilly and you might have to deal with Lilly telling the truth.
    That or he could end up alive and keep his story going.

Either way, both scenarios does make our decisions actually matter, that is the only likely things I can come up with Abel's short appearances, and considering TellTale is trying to redeem themselves, by also making the choices matter.

If this is really true, then I hope the choice 'killing him or not' matters alot.

• The first episode ended with a heavy loud lighting storm, soooo sound wasn't that important that horrific night since it was loud everywhere lol

They might've put a random zombie in a teaser to... I don't know, maybe tease about potential horde overruning the camp? I mean, the first episode literally ended with a BANG and they love noises, yes?

• I know it was amazing!!!! But I know that choices didn't matter! Mira didn't matter! All telltales look good on the surface, but dig deeper and you'll find tons of issues. The higher-rated ones just have less issues.

strwar3 posted: »

* GOT WHAT!?!?! Game Of Thrones was amazing! How dare you!

• Yeah, you're right there but still, I'm trying to be open-minded. I really hope that's Abel because then we can hope that choices this season really matter. At the same time, in the teaser we saw at the end that the background was kind of red-ish, you know? Maybe horde attacks or Abel's group arrives and chaos spreads?

So many questions with no answers!

The first episode ended with a heavy loud lighting storm, soooo sound wasn't that important that horrific night since it was loud everywhere lol

• edited September 2018

I still believe Abel has nothing to do with the raiders, even though Brody panicked when Clem told her how he looks, saying he has “two different eye colors” but you gotta know that whole area had plenty of zombies with different colored eyes..

Yeah, you're right there but still, I'm trying to be open-minded. I really hope that's Abel because then we can hope that choices this seaso

• I don't think so. Its face looks WAAAY too different.

Wait a second.... isn't the zombie from the short teaser Abel??? He has the same jacket!

• Yep, I figured it out before posting it but seems odd why they have the same jacket.

AronDracula posted: »

I don't think so. Its face looks WAAAY too different.

• It is conspicuous, but I don't think that's the case.

The actual detail(or lack thereof) is off.

• Have you seen Fear of the Walking Dead? The rivaling group in season 2, I believe, let the group that they capture go but keep their shoes, knowing that if they walk back to their camp( even though the camp was only about 7 miles away) they would be too weak from the walk because the blistering of the foot.

The point is that a coat and a having shoes handy is just as important as having your gun near by because things can go to FUBAR in 2 seconds. 2 seconds that you can't waste tying your shoes or putting on your coat.

Melton23 posted: »

Yeah but have you seen how fortified the place is? Nothing is getting in, and even if something did what would a coat and boots do? She can kill zombies without them.

• So uh, now Clem has the hat... Is one of the snippets faulty or are we looking at something determinant?

• I just had to lol at AJ's "Am I a murderer" line. My dear son, the answer to that is yes. But if anyone had to bite the dust, it's probably good that it was Marlon.

• I don't see the sideburns, though...

• TTG is notorious for showing screenshots and teasers of their games with assets that are either incomplete or "beta" quality. Just look back to the earlier promotion for this season:

• The early "alpha" gameplay showcased Clem in her ANF outfit w/o her hat doing animations on a walker that ended up being used in "done Running" when she bust open the basement cellar lock
    • The S4 poster shows Clem in her ANF outfit with her hat
    • The second "bate" gameplay showed the scene where Clem is shown the boarding school where she is only missing her hat
    • Surprise! The official trailer shows the boarding school scene mentioned about but with Clem having a bloody bandage wrapped around her head

I wouldn't be surprised if the "You're still little" gameplay they showed just a little while ago had missing assets to prevent spoilers.

So uh, now Clem has the hat... Is one of the snippets faulty or are we looking at something determinant?

• I’m waitin’ for TWD to have a fast paced fight scene so I can play a DBS OST over it. I have the perfect OST for one too.

• For any of you who were still interested, I just finished working on the last part of my ANF review series with my review of From The Gallows. I’m pretty sure it’s longer than the actual episode.

• Man you did this one quick.

For any of you who were still interested, I just finished working on the last part of my ANF review series with my review of From The Gallows. I’m pretty sure it’s longer than the actual episode.

• Who was the character running through the forest? It looked sort of like Brody, it was too dark to see clearly even when replaying the clip

• It's Clem. For sure.

Who was the character running through the forest? It looked sort of like Brody, it was too dark to see clearly even when replaying the clip

• But that was in the desert, the school is in Virginia, therefore it’s nothing but grass and forest. Besides, Clementine determinantely started herself (using this as an example cos most of the community chose this) that she thinks that the place is safe, so if she thinks that, why keep her coat and shoes on?

Deathbeam posted: »

Have you seen Fear of the Walking Dead? The rivaling group in season 2, I believe, let the group that they capture go but keep their shoes,

• edited September 2018

Tbf I don’t think that they were painting soldiers in a bad light.
    People are different, and so is David, he clearly has anger issues and his best way to deal with them is by living as a fighter every day, which is pretty much what he lives and breaths for. Just because they’re saying that David is a solider, as well as a bit of a dick head, doesn’t mean they’re calling all other soldiers dick heads, they’re just showcasing David’s personality and personal view on the world. Ava is/was a soldier remember and she is kindhearted, she didn’t take her past life too seriously and she looked after Clem after she lost her surrogate son.

Aaalllsooooo Mark did a bit of work for the airforce, therefore he technically classed as military, and it was strongly hinted that Pete from S2 also fought in the military and he was as kind as they come. Just to create a sense of balance, I might as well mention that Larry fought in the army and was the biggest prick to ever live, so you might as well mention him if you’re gonna mention David ? nonetheless, decent video.

For any of you who were still interested, I just finished working on the last part of my ANF review series with my review of From The Gallows. I’m pretty sure it’s longer than the actual episode.

• I'm a great fan of DBS and DB in general, and I'm curious to know what OST you are going to use :)

Dex-Starr posted: »

I’m waitin’ for TWD to have a fast paced fight scene so I can play a DBS OST over it. I have the perfect OST for one too.

• edited September 2018

Thank you so fucking much for including me in the Special Thanks Metallica! I appreciate it a lot. Really love your high quality content! You did an excellent fucking job on this whole review!

• I've seen that face before.. must be just a normal walker. A lot of them have messed up eyes and faces.

AronDracula posted: »

I don't think so. Its face looks WAAAY too different.

• Sned songs :)

I’m waitin’ for TWD to have a fast paced fight scene so I can play a DBS OST over it. I have the perfect OST for one too.

• Hey what does the walking dead universe always take place east of America? Georgia, Ohio, Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia and Florida? Really confused :P (I know the comics and TV show does the same except fot FTWD)

But that was in the desert, the school is in Virginia, therefore it’s nothing but grass and forest. Besides, Clementine determinantely start

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited September 2018

The Power to Resist/Ultra Instinct Rush, but elements from both versions of the song

Probably a dramatic OSTs if it gets dangerous

Gauss99 posted: »

I'm a great fan of DBS and DB in general, and I'm curious to know what OST you are going to use

• edited September 2018

Nice choices of music. My DBS OST when S4 is going to end will be the same when Future Trunks says goodbye to Vegeta after the defeat of Goku Black and Zamasu.

The Power to Resist/Ultra Instinct Rush, but elements from both versions of the song Probably a dramatic OSTs if it gets dangerous

• Did you think about making a thread to showcase all of these videos?

• edited September 2018

Exactly.
    Plus, when they've had loosely significant characters turn in the past, it's pretty much that character's model with editted textures.
    Which, incidentally, is why I thought the Shed Walker was actually Winston.

Ghetsis posted: »

I've seen that face before.. must be just a normal walker. A lot of them have messed up eyes and faces.

• Which, incidentally, is why I thought the Shed Walker was actually Winston.

Same!!

DabigRG posted: »

Exactly. Plus, when they've had loosely significant characters turn in the past, it's pretty much that character's model with editted textures. Which, incidentally, is why I thought the Shed Walker was actually Winston.

• It's just one of the generic walker models for the season, which I think someone might have said earlier.

As for recognizing it, you would be correct: it's the same model as the walker that Rosie kills in episode 1.

Ghetsis posted: »

I've seen that face before.. must be just a normal walker. A lot of them have messed up eyes and faces.

• I'm thinking this, You know I had to, everything works.

The Power to Resist/Ultra Instinct Rush, but elements from both versions of the song Probably a dramatic OSTs if it gets dangerous

• I've got a relatively easy school schedule and more time than I like to admit on my hands.

NexusFire posted: »

Man you did this one quick.

• The thing that's different from Mark and Larry's interpretation was that, while it was a part of their character, it was never hinted at that they were who they were BECAUSE of that part of them. While they were soldiers, they were presented as an individual, not a group. Larry was a dick because he's a dick, not because his training made him a dick, nor did he, or the developers, make it seem like that was the case. With this, and how it's conveyed and how it's written, it certainly sounds as if David says he's like this as a direct result of being a soldier, thus why he's not capable of being a father/husband. And even if that wasn't what they were going for, this episode does have a reputation of misconstruing what messages or character arcs it's trying to send, and as a result, we got that scene as it was. David is not being represented as an individual who views the world like this, but through the writing, it comes off that David is an embodiment of what the writer thinks soldiers are and how all of them view the world, and that's vile and disgusting.

Tbf I don’t think that they were painting soldiers in a bad light. People are different, and so is David, he clearly has anger issues and

• Not really.

DabigRG posted: »

Did you think about making a thread to showcase all of these videos?

• edited September 2018

your reaction to Ava's pathetic death is priceless..
    BTW: I love your reviews.

I've got a relatively easy school schedule and more time than I like to admit on my hands.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.