Unpopular TWDG opinions thread

Comments

• I shot his kid for him, I stomped on the boy up in the attic for him, I took his side when he wanted to leave the motor inn, I didn’t shoot the screaming woman, I went for duck instead of shawn, AND I defended his son when Larry wanted to throw him out.

alexfran111 posted: »

I always get pissed whenever he stands there and says “would you do the same for me? Because there were a lot of times you weren’t there”. Maybe because you did not helped him

• Melton23 posted: »

We all do... afterall, he loved fuckin’ pudding

• Violet is a more competent, more developed version of Gabe

• Isn't this alrdy a thread?

• ...What?

Melton23 posted: »

Violet is a more competent, more developed version of Gabe

• Violet is a more competent, more developed version of Gabe

DabigRG posted: »

...What?

• I do not see the connection.

Violet is a more competent, more developed version of Gabe

• The point is that they’re both the most moody people in the game. That’s it. They’re both just moody, aren’t they?

I do not see the connection.

• No, not really.
    Like, sure, Violet's superficial shtick is being the goth-esque loner girl, but that's kind of an oversimplification of both characters, particularly Gabe.

The point is that they’re both the most moody people in the game. That’s it. They’re both just moody, aren’t they?

• Nah, she’s Gabe

No, not really. Like, sure, Violet's superficial shtick is being the goth-esque loner girl, but that's kind of an oversimplification of both characters, particularly Gabe.

• Gabe has far more of a presence, personality, character, whatever you wanna call it than Violet has had thus far.
    Why do you think some people find him so overbearing at times?

Nah, she’s Gabe

• edited September 2018

Cos he’s moody. Like Violet. Honestly though, the only reason why ppl like Violet is because she’s a lesbian

Gabe has far more of a presence, personality, character, whatever you wanna call it than Violet has had thus far. Why do you think some people find him so overbearing at times?

• Uh, define moody? Cause I think my (generalized?) understanding of it might be different from what it actually mean.

And I really can't speak for those people.

Cos he’s moody. Like Violet. Honestly though, the only reason why ppl like Violet is because she’s a lesbian

• Idk how to define moody but Gabe and Violet are moody

Uh, define moody? Cause I think my (generalized?) understanding of it might be different from what it actually mean. And I really can't speak for those people.

• Great reasoning there, Clarity.

Idk how to define moody but Gabe and Violet are moody

• Thank you ?

Great reasoning there, Clarity.

• Ya really ought to explain yourself more. You're not a casual, right? Sure, Violet is like that on the surface but if you did a full analysis on everything she did and then finding the implications and results of her actions and dialogue, you'll find that she's really nothing like Gabe. Moody doesn't do either of them justice. It's like saying Larry is angry, Lily is an asshole, Lee has a deep-voice, Clem is cute, etc.

Thank you ?

• The whole point of my comment was supposed to be a joke btw. There’s no point in writing an analysis here cos you’ll have better luck finding the clean end of a shit than convincing someone here to change their views, or to at least see your point.

Ghetsis posted: »

Ya really ought to explain yourself more. You're not a casual, right? Sure, Violet is like that on the surface but if you did a full analysi

• Nah, that's not true. A lot of people have changed their minds on characters, although, to support your point, they still ship Clem with the same person.

The whole point of my comment was supposed to be a joke btw. There’s no point in writing an analysis here cos you’ll have better luck finding the clean end of a shit than convincing someone here to change their views, or to at least see your point.

• Oh, okay.

The whole point of my comment was supposed to be a joke btw. There’s no point in writing an analysis here cos you’ll have better luck finding the clean end of a shit than convincing someone here to change their views, or to at least see your point.

• well, uhm. the deaths of nick and sarah were deplorable and the way they were used as a way to legitimize jane's fascist philosophy was downright offensive. overall it was kinda fucked up how in s1 the game condemned the crawfordian™ way of thinking but in s2 they kind of validated it in a way

• As time goes on, carver and joan’s way of running a group becomes the most effective until revolts lead to legitimate societies being rebuilt.

yxerin posted: »

well, uhm. the deaths of nick and sarah were deplorable and the way they were used as a way to legitimize jane's fascist philosophy was down

• ...according to what lol

As time goes on, carver and joan’s way of running a group becomes the most effective until revolts lead to legitimate societies being rebuilt.

• just the comics

...according to what lol

• You mean Jane.
    Joan's way of running a group was actually more of a joint effort between Clint, David, herself, and Lingard, which wasn't much like Carver's way from what we can see.

As time goes on, carver and joan’s way of running a group becomes the most effective until revolts lead to legitimate societies being rebuilt.

• She ran the place behind everyone’s back

You mean Jane. Joan's way of running a group was actually more of a joint effort between Clint, David, herself, and Lingard, which wasn't much like Carver's way from what we can see.

• No, she just carried a lot of underlying clout compared to everyone besides Clint and was supplying the place behind everyone but Max and Badger's crews' backs.

She ran the place behind everyone’s back

• Meditation is the true key to survival

• but for who? not for people who have a percieved weakness, as they’ll be killed off for being a liability. i haven’t read the comics, so i can’t rly argue there, but i don’t think having a ruthless tyrant ruling over everyone is especially effective. collaborative efforts based on mutual understanding is a better way to go

just the comics

• I feel like I need to apologize here, not all Puerto Ricans are this tone deaf. It's a tough time in America, please keep an open mind, people.

• I love you, kid. Lets not let out disagreements define that.

• edited September 2018

Well there's another thread like this but it's fine i'll say it again

The Michonne mini-series was better than ANF

the art style is better,the antagonists are better,and there's some nice action scenes too

Oh and a character from this game is in the comics now.

Seriously i hate it when some people are just shitting on this game because Clementine is not in it.

It's not perfect,there's still some things that i don't like,for example Randall's death in episode 3,but it's SO much better than ANF imo.

• At first it would be, like with the Governor. They muscle around the smaller nicer groups.

but for who? not for people who have a percieved weakness, as they’ll be killed off for being a liability. i haven’t read the comics, so i c

• Yeah, but you're kinda also opening and closing by shitting on another game yourself.

iFoRias posted: »

Well there's another thread like this but it's fine i'll say it again The Michonne mini-series was better than ANF the art style is be

• I liked Badger, also because I'm shaving my head and growing a beard for quite a while now :D

• There is no doubt about it. At least Michonne had a story that actually made sense. A New Frontier is just plain disgusting. I will never touch that game again in my life.

Well there's another thread like this but it's fine i'll say it again The Michonne mini-series was better than ANF the art style is be

• Because imo ANF deserve more hate than Michonne,that's what i was trying to say i think.

Yeah, but you're kinda also opening and closing by shitting on another game yourself.

• ...I suppose.

Because imo ANF deserve more hate than Michonne,that's what i was trying to say i think.

• The fact that it's a game for new players instead of a continuation of Clementine's story. Hell, Clementine had no purpose in this bullshit, she was there just to be used as a bait for old players.

• Clementine didn't even have any hub areas, she only had dialogues and QTEs.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.