Lilly doesn’t deserve the hate she gets. Plus she is not a bad person!

Comments

• edited September 2018

Doug saved Ben, doesn’t that justify her being left behind too? Even if it wasn’t Doug, she still would have killed a kid

DabigRG posted: »

Alternate scenario for me.

• That's what I meant.

Doug saved Ben, doesn’t that justify her being left behind too? Even if it wasn’t Doug, she still would have killed a kid

• You were vague in your implications

That's what I meant.

• If we stay with Lilly the whole game, Kenny will stay against us and he wouldn't try to help us to find Clem in EPISODE 5

This is actually false. It is possible for Kenny to give you the famous “bro speech” in Ep 4 even if you side with Lily, you can side with Lily at the motor inn (both times), help save Larry, and let her stay in the RV and It is still possible to have Kenny give you his “bro speech” according to his “point system”.

Kenny didn't care that much about Clem...

Kenny will stay against us and he wouldn't try to help us to find Clem in EPISODE 5, so doesn't he care about Clem too ?

I have two words for you my friend... Wellington Ending. Doesn’t matter if it’s in S2 it’s still his character and it’s in the game so don’t pull that “but we’re only talking about S1” crap. The best part about the Wellington ending is no matter how Clem treats Kenny, he will sacrifice himself regardless (as long as you don’t shoot him because then he will die). Your Clem could be a complete dick to Kenny and he will still put Clem before himself. Kenny DID care for Clementine, period. The reason Kenny is hesitant about going with Lee in Ep 4 (if you weren’t always there for him) is because he looks at the situation as a ‘do you have my back’ situation at first. If Lee mentions how “Clem is family” then Kenny completely turns around and realizes this isn’t a ‘do you have my back’ situation, it’s a ‘family’ situation. If you pick this dialogue option Kenny will basically always come with you unless you were always going out of your way to be a complete and utter dick to him and his family.

If we stay with Lilly the whole game, Kenny will stay against us and he wouldn't try to help us to find Clem in EPISODE 5, so doesn't he car

• It is still possible to have Kenny give you his “bro speech” according to his “point system”.

For reference, this is what he's referring to people.

Episode 1
    Save Duck = 2 points
    Side with Kenny over Larry = 1.5 points

Episode 2
    Don't pick Lilly's side = 0.75 points
    Help kill Larry = 1.5 points

Episode 3
    Don't shoot the girl on the street = 0.75 points
    Don't pick Lilly's side. = 0.75 points
    Shoot Duck = 2 points

Episode 4
    Kill the zombie boy = 0.75 points
    Drop Ben = 2 points

>

If you get 9 or higher, Kenny will come with you no matter what.
    If you get higher than 4 but less than 9, you'll have to convince Kenny to come with you.
    If you get 4 or less, Kenny won't come with you.

If we stay with Lilly the whole game, Kenny will stay against us and he wouldn't try to help us to find Clem in EPISODE 5 This is ac

• Thanks

It is still possible to have Kenny give you his “bro speech” according to his “point system”. For reference, this is what he's refer

• Yeah, you're right, Let's just killing Larry in front of Clem and letting the girl suffering in the street... and then, Kenny... We can do ANYTHING we want, we can kill and we can let people die like the girl in the street, now we are good friends, because I agree with you doing shit things, and it's cool:

" Lee and Kenny "

• WE ARE GODS AND WE CAN PLAY WITH THEIR LIFES.

Stay with Kenny ? The wrong thing to do, agreeing to let a woman suffering in the street just because Kenny wants time, Stay with Kenny to kill Larry just because he doesn't like him and just because he thought he was turning in walker, KILLING Larry in front of Clem isn't the right thing to do.

If we stay with Lilly the whole game, Kenny will stay against us and he wouldn't try to help us to find Clem in EPISODE 5 This is ac

• letting the girl suffering in the street. The wrong thing to do, agreeing to let a woman suffering in the street just because Kenny wants time, Stay with Kenny to kill Larry just because he doesn't like him and just because he thought he was turning in walker, KILLING Larry in front of Clem isn't the right thing to do.

He left her to suffer so the group wouldn't STARVE and had more supplies because the woman was reckless and already dead. He let a doomed woman suffer a little longer so he and Lee and Lilly and the kids could live longer. Let's compare that to Lilly at the beginning of episode 2 when Lee brings the students to the motor inn - Lilly as the only one in the group wants to kick the people out and leave them outside the walls to die because they're extra mouths to feed. She essentially proposes the same thing that Kenny does in EP 3, only this time the people that she wants to let die are perfectly healthy. Yet Kenny is always the bad one. Killing Larry? Yeah, he might've saved everyone's lives by doing that. What's more likely - the guy that survived the small stroke in the pharmacy only because of nitroglycerin pills pulling through a legit heart attack while locked in a meat locker with no medication... or him coming back as a 300 pound, 7 feet tall, seriously pissed off dead guy that would eat everyone?

Yeah, you're right, Let's just killing Larry in front of Clem and letting the girl suffering in the street... and then, Kenny... We can do A

• edited September 2018

Would you let her suffering because she was already dead, and she DOES HAVE TO SUFFER MORE because we need more food after the station wagon? WE WOULDN'T DIE JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH OF FOOD. I forget something, she wasn't part of the Kenny's family and then he let her to die, If she does part of Kenny's, I'm sure he would try to kill her and don't let her suffering, or he's weak and would ask Lee to kill her like he did with his son.

DanteTimes2 posted: »

letting the girl suffering in the street. The wrong thing to do, agreeing to let a woman suffering in the street just because Kenny wants ti

• I would. If it kept the people I loved alive, I would let a dead woman suffer a bit longer. And Kenny never asked Lee to kill Duck. He volunteered to do it.

Would you let her suffering because she was already dead, and she DOES HAVE TO SUFFER MORE because we need more food after the station wagon

• edited September 2018

Lee knew that Kenny couldn't kill his son, because Kenny only knows to kill people that he doesn't know or let people he doesn't know to die. He's weak to kill who he loves, but he's strong to kill people that isn't part of his family or something like that. It's easy to let a stranger dying because it's not PART OF YOUR FAMILY or it's not YOU.

DanteTimes2 posted: »

I would. If it kept the people I loved alive, I would let a dead woman suffer a bit longer. And Kenny never asked Lee to kill Duck. He volunteered to do it.

• lol we haven’t seen her in like 8 years yet you claim “she didn't seem to have any regret, as far as she's concerned, she made no mistakes”.

And you seem convinced that she regretted her actions even though she didn't show it.

And even if she is not good, she still is a good character.

Good character? maybe, good villain? yes, but a good person? definitely not.

Box Tv posted: »

lol we haven’t seen her in like 8 years yet you claim “she didn't seem to have any regret, as far as she's concerned, she made no mistakes”. And even if she is not good, she still is a good character.

• Just because Larry is an asshole it doesn't mean we gotta kill him IN FRONT OF CLEM because you just don't like him and thinking he's turning in walker. Kenny didn't care to kill Larry in front of Clem or anyone else. If he had to kill Katjaa or Duck, He couldn't, because it's easy to KILL someone that isn't from his family or anything like that.

Larry was not only an asshole, he was an asshole that tried to kill you IN FRONT OF CLEM. Where was Clem supposed to go? she was locked up in that room, Larry was a ticking time bomb. Of course anyone would find it hard to kill a loved one but killing a piece of shit that tried to murder someone and attempted to toss out his son, that's a no-brainer. You could say the same about Lilly with your last sentence, it was easy for her to shoot an innocent woman who had her back turned and rob & leave a group to die because they weren't her family. Lee & Clem weren't Kenny's family by blood but he stuck with them till the end.

And you saying that Clem knew that Larry was a dick It doesn't mean she wants to kill him too. She screams to not kill him. She was a kid, she wasn't? Kill someone in front of her is a trauma, like Lilly did to Carley/Doug in front of Clem. I'm not here defending Lilly about what she did, I'm saying she is like Kenny, not at all, but parallel.

As a kid, she didn't want to see bad things happening. As an adult or teen, she can look back and see that Larry was a POS, he tried to kill Lee(who she adored) in front of her and was a bullying prick and she can see that he was on verge of death in the meat locker, I'm sure deep down she knows Larry would've done the same to Lee, he even admitted to that, she'd understand why he had a cinderblock thrown on his head, she may not agree to it but would understand. And I'm also sure she knows Carley/Doug were good people that didn't do anything that warranted their deaths. If Kenny killed someone for nothing then he'd be like Lilly but as far as I can see, they're far apart.

Lilly isn't a babysitter, because she really likes Clem, she cares about Clem every time, and Kenny ? season 1 ? After Katjaa and Duck, he didn't care about anything.

You keep saying Lilly cared about Clem then tell me, why did she leave her to die out in the open? you say Kenny doesn't care about Clem because he lost Katjaa & Duck but Lilly apparently cares about Clem after abandoning her? if Kenny didn't care about anything then why'd he put his life at risk to help Ben(the little shit that got his family killed) and put him out of his misery with his last bullet or help Christa?

In season 2 he ONLY cares about Clem because Clem is the only person that remembers Duck, S2 EP 2 Kenny call Clem as Duck, he keeps his trauma about losing his wife and his child. And Lilly? Lilly had a trauma because Kenny killed her dad, and to say a truth, I don't know why I still here.

So you're saying the reason he cared about Clem is because she remembers Duck? If that is the case, he wouldn't care about AJ then. Does he care about Sarita because she remembers Katjaa even though the two never met? of course he keeps his trauma about his wife & son, you didn't expect him to forget, no one is gonna forget about their deceased loved ones especially a spouse and a child. And about him referring to Clem as Duck, it's common with dads that lost their child, you see it in a lot of tv/movies, even The Walking Dead show had that. We know Lilly had a trauma, there's no denying that, but it doesn't excuse her for doing what she did.

Would you let her suffering because she was already dead, and she DOES HAVE TO SUFFER MORE because we need more food after the station wagon? WE WOULDN'T DIE JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THAT MUCH OF FOOD. I forget something, she wasn't part of the Kenny's family and then he let her to die, If she does part of Kenny's, I'm sure he would try to kill her and don't let her suffering, or he's weak and would ask Lee to kill her like he did with his son.

I know this ain't directed at me but I just like to point out that Lilly herself did the same in Episode 1, she was willing to leave Lee, Clem & Kenny's family out to be eaten and Episode 2, she went off on Lee, Kenny & Mark for saving Ben and his friend/teacher. She's already showed that she herself would leave others to suffer but Kenny's an asshole because he wouldn't save or put a woman out of her misery who was already bitten? in the end, that choice was yours, he didn't rip your head off like Lilly would.

Lee knew that Kenny couldn't kill his son, because Kenny only knows to kill people that he doesn't know or let people he doesn't know to die. He's weak to kill who he loves, but he's strong to kill people that isn't part of his family or something like that. It's easy to let a stranger dying because it's not PART OF YOUR FAMILY or it's not YOU.

You can say the same about Lilly and what she did to the group and she knew them which makes it worse.

Just because Larry is an asshole it doesn't mean we gotta kill him IN FRONT OF CLEM because you just don't like him and thinking he's turnin

• I'm not defending Lilly, I'm saying that Lilly and Kenny are parallel and people loves him and hate Lilly so much, it's kinda weird and this is hypocrisy. People have to think... I seeing that you didn't read anything.

IceRyder posted: »

Just because Larry is an asshole it doesn't mean we gotta kill him IN FRONT OF CLEM because you just don't like him and thinking he's turnin

• I'm starting a new religion that's dedicated to worshiping Lily.

• It's obviously because Lily was initially destined to become something of a villain one day and her last appearance in the games was partially spunoff from fulfilling that, while Kenny got to stick around and sacrifice himself in a big way after a bout or two of lashing out.

Of course, the passage of time sometimes can help mend wounds, while making initially enjoyable things not very much so.

I'm not defending Lilly, I'm saying that Lilly and Kenny are parallel and people loves him and hate Lilly so much, it's kinda weird and this is hypocrisy. People have to think... I seeing that you didn't read anything.

• time, Stay with Kenny to kill Larry just because he doesn't like him and just because he thought he was turning in walker, KILLING Larry in front of Clem isn't the right thing to do.

Did you read my fucking comment lmao. You don’t HAVE to kill Larry to be buds with Kenny. It is possible to spare Larry and still be friends with him and have him come with you in Ep 4 no matter what.

letting the girl suffering in the street

Their is a reason about 80% of players didn’t shoot the girl in the street, because it’s an easy ass choice. She was already dead, she got bit. The fact that this girl survived so long makes no sense either because she acts like a complete idiot screaming in the streets. We didn’t “let her suffer” she brought her death on herself, if Lee and Kenny weren’t there she would’ve died the same way. All Kenny and Lee did was continue their mission of finding food and medicine so they can supply their group with food so they don’t fucking starve to death.

Yeah, you're right, Let's just killing Larry in front of Clem and letting the girl suffering in the street... and then, Kenny... We can do A

• I'm not defending Lilly, I'm saying that Lilly and Kenny are parallel and people loves him and hate Lilly so much, it's kinda weird and this is hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? parallel? Kenny killed Larry with reason, he tried to murder you, tried to toss out his son and was a bully to everyone and was on the verge of turning and killing everyone in that room, Lilly on the other hand, didn't have a reason to kill Doug/Carley, they did nothing to her and she killed them in cold-blood, that there is the big difference between the two. Do you know why people hate Lilly but love Kenny? I mentioned it before and I'll mention it again, Lilly kills a friend of yours in cold blood, sells you out and if given a chance, leaves you for dead, she does this no matter how you treated her whether it was nice or bad, you get an opposite reaction with Kenny, how is that hypocrisy? the real weird hypocrisy is those that defend Lilly would criticise Kenny but fail to acknowledge Lilly herself did the same or worse than what Kenny did yet people love her and think she's a good person that cared for you despite what she did but Kenny doesn't despite what he did.

People have to think... I seeing that you didn't read anything.

I read everything you wrote and responded to them, did you read what I wrote?

I'm not defending Lilly, I'm saying that Lilly and Kenny are parallel and people loves him and hate Lilly so much, it's kinda weird and this is hypocrisy. People have to think... I seeing that you didn't read anything.

• And Jane, of course.

Dex-Starr posted: »

I'm starting a new religion that's dedicated to worshiping Lily.

• Agreed.

It's obviously because Lily was initially destined to become something of a villain one day and her last appearance in the games was partial

• edited September 2018

Lilly, Lee and Kenny are killer and Kenny's the only one who has already made so many mistakes than anyone else, and people just know to talk about HATE against Lilly, people are blind by the facts 'cause they don't want to see another way, it's a waste of time trying to talk about something that THE people don't know to see another way of the history, and only know how to put Kenny as HERO " Kenny's a God ". This ain't gonna gettin' us anywhere

I'm not defending Lilly, I'm saying that Lilly and Kenny are parallel and people loves him and hate Lilly so much, it's kinda weird and this

• edited September 2018

Lilly, Lee and Kenny are killer and Kenny's the only one who has already made so many mistakes than anyone else

It's like you haven't been reading what I wrote? Everybody has killed in the game including Lilly, Lee & Kenny but who they have killed, that's what we're talking about. Kenny made mistakes but nowhere near as bad as Lilly.

and people just know to talk about HATE against Lilly,

Lee & Kenny killed for survival, killed people that we're a threat, Lilly killed over a petty insult yet you still wonder why there's hate towards her?

people are blind by the facts 'cause they don't want to see another way, it's a waste of time trying to talk about something that THE people don't know to see another way of the history, and only know how to put Kenny as HERO " Kenny's a God ". This ain't gonna gettin' us anywhere

Listen to yourself, what you are saying makes no sense. When you say "The People" do you mean Kenny fans? what facts are they blind to? You can say the same about "The People" that support Lilly, they don't want to acknowledge the wrongs she did but only acknowledge the wrongs Kenny did and dub Lilly as a GOOD & CARING person. You want history & facts, Lilly betrays you and robs you and she does this to anyone that sided with her or not because it doesn't make a difference how you treated her because she still screws you over and that's a FACT, there are two sides of Kenny due to how you treated him but he sticks with you till the end and that is a FACT.

Lilly, Lee and Kenny are killer and Kenny's the only one who has already made so many mistakes than anyone else, and people just know to tal

• Like I said before, I'm not defending Lilly and you keep trying to hate Lilly. I'm saying that both of 'em are the same. Kenny did mistakes and Lilly also did BUT KENNY IS THE HERO AND LILLY IS THE VILLAIN BECAUSE YOU WANT.

Lilly, Lee and Kenny are killer and Kenny's the only one who has already made so many mistakes than anyone else It's like you haven'

• Like I said before, I'm not defending Lilly and you keep trying to hate Lilly. I'm saying that both of 'em are the same. Kenny did mistakes and Lilly also did BUT KENNY IS THE HERO AND LILLY IS THE VILLAIN BECAUSE YOU WANT.

Again, you are not reading what I wrote. If you are not defending Lilly then where is this discussion leading to? It's no secret that I don't like Lilly, I even listed the reasons why. I even said Kenny has made mistakes but his mistakes are nowhere near as bad compared to Lilly's. Kenny being a hero is still up for discussion to some gamers but Lilly on the other hand, her treacherous actions are the acts of a villain, if you don't see her that way, fine, but she's in no way a hero or close to one. I base my opinion on what happened in the game, on screen, what I see, I tried being neutral, it's got nothing to do with what I want, it's how I perceive it in the game.

Like I said before, I'm not defending Lilly and you keep trying to hate Lilly. I'm saying that both of 'em are the same. Kenny did mistakes and Lilly also did BUT KENNY IS THE HERO AND LILLY IS THE VILLAIN BECAUSE YOU WANT.

• You all know my view on Lilly. I've NEVER once thought of any ill will towards that character. And with her back in TFS, as I mentioned in a previous post, I almost feel like Luke trying to bring back his father in Return of the Jedi.

SPOILER ALERT

Plus, near the end of the second episode, she can't seem to pull the trigger

That...

• edited September 2018

Lilly is and always was a power tripping, useless authoritarian evil bitch who could never put her ego aside because she was raised by a skitzophrenic racist asshole that taught her all kinds of twisted shit and the narcissistic attitude she has carried since season 1. She just caused problems all throughout season 1 with her incessant eagerness to rule everyone's lives like some failed social worker. Which led to the death of Lee's possible rebound from the horrible break up he had. Carly didn't deserve to die. She put a round through her head like cattle over a lost argument. But that isn't even the half of it.

Then, She has the nerve to steal your RV if you take her with you. Stealing from people with fucking children. People who could die with CHILDREN in the cold. Then she has the damn nerve, the gaul, the audacity to come up to Clem and tell her Lee shoulda left her on the side of the road. Fuck you, you motherfucker. She is now yet again a power tripping authoritarian bitch with no care for anyone but herself who always has to dominate everyone and wage wars and run shit. She put her boot on Clem's skull. She sends little kids to die for her selfish gains while she hides like a coward. She's such a fucking useless irrelevant piece of trash and if given the chance to stomp her skull and shit on her grave I will. I'll make sure Omar puts extra spice in the rabbit stew the night i'm going to take a shit on her grave to make it extra splattery just to cover the words rest in peace. I hate Lilly, I hope she dies.

• As seen in this episode Lilly kinda deserves the hatred. Capturing children.. almost killing Clementine, killing Mitch, capturing Louis or Violet. She could change in future episodes, but for now she deserves it.

• "Lily isn't a bad person"

is willing to kidnap and murder just for a few soldiers

Sorry but in my opinion, she's awful.

• edited September 2018

I hated her guts back at 2012, but slowly my hatred for her and is slowly fading away and besides she could be fighting a another community that is probably worse than hers?

• She shot Carly in the face for backtalking her. Not even close.

• In everything you said here, you’re not thinking like a survivor in a zombie apocalypse. With your mindset you wouldn’t last very long thinking like that. Kenny did the smart thing to keep everyone alive in the fridge, if he hadn’t you know they would have all died when Larry turned and the girl on the street was already bitten so this too made more sense. It’s not about what is right and wrong anymore. You do what it takes to survive.

Also Clementine witnessing bad shit is inevitable so that’s no excuse about the Larry thing.

• You’re very clouded when it comes to your opinions of Kenny

Would you let her suffering because she was already dead, and she DOES HAVE TO SUFFER MORE because we need more food after the station wagon

• edited September 2018

You just need to remind her!

• Yes, you understand me! I liked Lilly from the beginning she is a good person she just needs to remind that! After what happened to her in S1 it's normal that she was going to break and do something stupid, sadly enough Carley was the one who had to pay her life with it. What we saw in eps 2 proofs that Lilly still is a good person but she struggles with it, I told her that I remembered her, accepted her help in the woods with Abel but I told Vi to shoot her so that was difficult and I told her that she couldn't shoot Clem because they are family, If you make the right choices I think that Lilly would sacrifice herself in the end to save Clem.

• Lilly is literally Big Boss from MGS. Recruiting kids in a war that will never end. If you think he's the hero, you're wrong.

• I like the fact that both Kenny and Lily play the "returning character becomes the villain" role in my playthroughs.

• Lilly is a bad person at this point lol, I dont think shes evil but shes certainly not good

• Lily is obviously meant to be a proxy for the changed Kenny Carver concept.

I like the fact that both Kenny and Lily play the "returning character becomes the villain" role in my playthroughs.

• She can still be redeemed.

MaconMajr posted: »

You all know my view on Lilly. I've NEVER once thought of any ill will towards that character. And with her back in TFS, as I mentioned in

• I'm actually kinda tired of seeing this thread come up and it's only three pages in.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.