Episode 2 Review

This was an alright episode, but sadly it’s already started to go downhill.

(correction in video, season 1 episodes were not 4 hours long, ep 3 and 4 were over 3 hours.)

God bless everyone.

Tagged:

Comments

• LaFlameSaurusLaFlameSaurus Banned
    edited September 2018

welcome to 1 word review

TRASH

NO,CALM DOWN,BRUH!! IM JOKIN! :D

• I, personally, loved the episode. I also loved s2 more than s1; while still liking s3. So my opinion is extremely biased because I like all the episodes for all their TWD games.

• It wasn't that bad in my opinion but this does remind me of how they start strong and get weaker sometimes.

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

welcome to 1 word review (Spoiler)

• I was disappointed in S2 and ANF they just both kind of started well and then fell off as they went on.

God bless you.

I, personally, loved the episode. I also loved s2 more than s1; while still liking s3. So my opinion is extremely biased because I like all the episodes for all their TWD games.

• They did take the Violet/Louis choice. Simply saying none of the choices matter seems unfair. It does a lot better than the season prior and the one before that. Fair point on Lily, however. She could have definitely been used better

• Same opinion. Ayyy

I, personally, loved the episode. I also loved s2 more than s1; while still liking s3. So my opinion is extremely biased because I like all the episodes for all their TWD games.

• I didn't really mind Lilly having ten minutes of screen time. They'll likely delve more into her character in Episode 3 (assuming Telltale finds a partner to finish the rest of the season.)

• Also dude, what are you talking about? The episodes in Season One weren't four hours long. They were about the length of the TFS episodes (Around Every Corner being the one exception.)

• I said almost none. Also I focused on the big decisions from ep 1. None of those big choices actually made much of a difference. The biggest choice that actually made a difference was Abel's arm. Even with Violet and Louis, you can avoid some of the more flirty options in ep 1 and still end up seemingly with the one who you didn't go with in ep 1.

God bless you.

Clemenem posted: »

They did take the Violet/Louis choice. Simply saying none of the choices matter seems unfair. It does a lot better than the season prior and the one before that. Fair point on Lily, however. She could have definitely been used better

• No they weren't. I looked at my old recordings and you're right they weren't 4 hours but ep1, 3, and 4 were over 3 which is longer than TFS episodes. I feel like had they added the extra hour they could go much deeper than they are right now.

God bless you.

ralo229 posted: »

Also dude, what are you talking about? The episodes in Season One weren't four hours long. They were about the length of the TFS episodes (Around Every Corner being the one exception.)

• S1 episodes are only 2hr and 20 mins, guess what? The same amount of time TFS episodes take.

No they weren't. I looked at my old recordings and you're right they weren't 4 hours but ep1, 3, and 4 were over 3 which is longer than TFS

• The worst part of the review is when you said it's too fast. Like what?? This is a really slow-paced episode, there are so many scenes in the bedroom, so many scenes in the courtyard, a scene in the woods, a scene in the greenhouse..

• No, they're not I have my recordings. ep 4 is slightly over 3 hours, as well is ep 3, I just checked ep 1 and it's about 2 hours and a half so you're right about that.

God bless you.

Ghetsis posted: »

S1 episodes are only 2hr and 20 mins, guess what? The same amount of time TFS episodes take.

• probably because you took longer with the puzzles.

No, they're not I have my recordings. ep 4 is slightly over 3 hours, as well is ep 3, I just checked ep 1 and it's about 2 hours and a half so you're right about that. Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• Yes but things still felt rush. You meet lilly and within 10 seconds she's giving you a lecture. Then James then prepare for attack. Even look how fast it is for you to collect all the bonuses.

The worst part of the review is when you said it's too fast. Like what?? This is a really slow-paced episode, there are so many scenes in the bedroom, so many scenes in the courtyard, a scene in the woods, a scene in the greenhouse..

• No, these are walkthroughs i did after I had already completed this game I think at least twice. (I got an hd capture card so wanted all the eps in hd) So this was after I knew where everything was.

probably because you took longer with the puzzles.

• Bye the way I think I figured out why the older eps seemed longer. It's because of the conversations. Remember when ur at the greenhouse and you have the option to talk to ruby or mitch and they each only have like 1 thing to say? In S1 when you went to someone to talk like that the had multiple questions you could ask and what not. That's no longer present in the game. Just wanted to point that out.

probably because you took longer with the puzzles.

• However if a partner takes over the story may change dramatically, like in S1 ep 2 where the whole ep had to basically be rewritten.

ralo229 posted: »

I didn't really mind Lilly having ten minutes of screen time. They'll likely delve more into her character in Episode 3 (assuming Telltale finds a partner to finish the rest of the season.)

• If that happens then I'll change my mind. Until then, I'm keeping an open mind about it.

However if a partner takes over the story may change dramatically, like in S1 ep 2 where the whole ep had to basically be rewritten.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited September 2018

I have not once done a run of S1 where any of the episodes took 3 whole hours, let alone even longer than 3. The longest episode was 4, and while it was close (2 hr 45 min), it still didn't reach 3 hours on the mark.

All of them averaged anywhere from 2 to 2 and a half for me. So, I'm not sure what you're doing that's making them go on for an extra 30+ minutes, but it's definitely not whatever I've been doing.

As for a few of your other points:

• Choices not mattering: Fair enough, there's still not a lot of major branching going on. But there is however a fair amount of conditional dialogue. Various lines and exchanges that change based on previous choices. Maybe TFS hasn't handled the larger scale choices all that well, but it's definitely doing a pretty good job with the smaller scale ones. A lot of them are just minor dialogue changes, but those still go a long way in making it feel like the game is tailoring itself to how you've interacted with people, which is always welcome in my book.

• Pacing: I honestly disagree on things feeling rushed. The only one I'll give you credit for is the Lilly reunion; that definitely goes a bit faster than it probably should have. But otherwise, I felt the episode flowed quite well. There weren't any particular points where I felt like "this is moving too fast" nor were there any "this is moving too slow" moments. But I suppose pace is a relatively subjective topic. Some people like slower stuff, some people like faster stuff, and some people have different definitions on what exactly constitutes either.

While I respect your opinion on the episode, I do have to say that I largely disagree. I found this episode to easily be one the most engaging episodes in years. There were elements that I think could have been handled a bit better, but that's the case for nearly every episode. Safe to say, this episode's already clawed its way up my list of favorite episodes ever (if you're curious, my list goes something like this at the moment: Starved For Help > No Going Back > A House Divided > Suffer The Children > No Time Left. It probably comes as no surprise that I was a pretty big fan of S2 as well. Always considered it to be on nearly the same level as S1, but that's just me. And TFS is shaping up to give S2 a run for its money in that regard, at least for me)

No they weren't. I looked at my old recordings and you're right they weren't 4 hours but ep1, 3, and 4 were over 3 which is longer than TFS

• True, I personally didn't like S2 after ep 3. The reason I said it felt rushed was because of Lilly. I also felt that the romance could have waited until ep 3. The achievement is moving fast so it's like the writers knew they were rushing a bit. Even the amount of bonus items were easier to find and you can get all of them relatively quickly. Did you get all the bonuses and conversations for S1? That's one of the biggest differences from S1 in S1. hen you went to someone to talk like that the had multiple questions you could ask and what not. That's no longer present in the game. Just wanted to point that out.

Thank you for the well-done comment.

God bless you.

Deltino posted: »

I have not once done a run of S1 where any of the episodes took 3 whole hours, let alone even longer than 3. The longest episode was 4, and

• Yeah well I did everything possible in Long Road Ahead, and it only took me 2hr 20m. Episode 1 was the same, episode 2 was 2 hours, episode 4 was 2hr 45m, and episode 5 was only 1hr 50m

Bye the way I think I figured out why the older eps seemed longer. It's because of the conversations. Remember when ur at the greenhouse a

• This is something i've noticed back in episode 1. There were many occasions where the player could Check on AJ for merely an extra line of dialogue.

In episode two, before you go to the funeral, you can also check on AJ, but it's just another line of dialogue. I really wanted to properly go over the things that happened, just to make sure that AJ gets it, but I couldn't, which was mildly disappointing.

Bye the way I think I figured out why the older eps seemed longer. It's because of the conversations. Remember when ur at the greenhouse a

• And I could probably run through S4 eps in shorter than 2 hours now that I know where everything is and wouldn't have to explore. That's actually a big difference, not being able to have full-blown conversations while looking around.

Yeah well I did everything possible in Long Road Ahead, and it only took me 2hr 20m. Episode 1 was the same, episode 2 was 2 hours, episode 4 was 2hr 45m, and episode 5 was only 1hr 50m

• Yeah, I miss those check on people that led to full conversations.

God bless you.

GSSalvador posted: »

This is something i've noticed back in episode 1. There were many occasions where the player could Check on AJ for merely an extra line of d

• How did you get almost 2 hours out of No time left?

Yeah well I did everything possible in Long Road Ahead, and it only took me 2hr 20m. Episode 1 was the same, episode 2 was 2 hours, episode 4 was 2hr 45m, and episode 5 was only 1hr 50m

• edited September 2018

Puzzles in season 1 were such a chore with only a few exceptions being the motor-in puzzle in episode 1, and the sewers in episode 4. I appreciate that the final season episodes are 2.5 hours in length without adding unnecessary additions like that.

• 2.5? More like 2. If I went back and played like I did with S1 (after basically where everything was) it would probably only take about 2 hours. Maybe shorter.

God bless you.

Puzzles in season 1 were such a chore with only a few exceptions being the motor-in puzzle in episode 1, and the sewers in episode 4. I appreciate that the final season episodes are 2.5 hours in length without adding unnecessary additions like that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.