Telltale to sell SMI:SE in their own store?

13»

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Only for a product that hasn't been released yet. And it has. For months. You can play it, just because you don't have the physical DVD doesn't meant it's "not out". Compare with SE which doesn't have a DVD to begin with, does that mean they'll have to refund everyone if they ever change the price, because it's a product that's "not out yet"?
    No it doesn't... you're right about that part.
    But while we may have our product playable, the order isn't complete.
    We have yet to receive the allready payed for DVD, thus making the bought product incomplete and not yet released... THAT is the difference.

Thay have a special offer for the same incomplete order at the moment.
    If you pre-order a product and pay in advance, and before the product is available the price drops, wouldn't you want some sort of refund???
  • edited April 2010
    jortlaban wrote: »
    But if I order the complete set now it will cost me about $ 37,- ($ 19,99 + $16,99)...

Where are you getting those figures? You don't have to pay for the game again. Just the shipping. You get the DVD for free (plus shipping) if you've already paid for the whole game (all 5 chapters). Unless you paid for the deluxe edition.
  • edited April 2010
    The special offer is for the downloadable version of ToMI, not the DVD. Obtaining the ToMI DVD requires a separate order afterwards, in which you just pay shipping.
  • edited April 2010
    If you're trying to get the SMI:SE bundle, you don't have to pay for TMI with it if you alreayd bought it. You can buy SMI:SE separately.
  • edited April 2010
    We have yet to receive the allready payed for DVD, thus making the bought product incomplete and not yet released... THAT is the difference.

You didn't pay for the DVD. It was free. You paid for shipping.

If shipping gets reduced before the DVDs get shipped, then I believe you can ask for the difference to be refunded to you. But since the DVD itself is free, no such luck here.
  • edited April 2010
    Hi there,
    Just to be clear, the Monkey Island Bundle includes; The Secret of Monkey Island SE (digital) with Tales of Monkey Island (all 5 digital episodes+disc). You may have to come back to us for the tomi disc to pay for shipping. SE does not have a disc as far as I'm aware. The tomi disc is not yet in stock. It is expected to arrive at our distribution center shortly.

Cheers,
    bonnie
  • edited April 2010
    ah! so, this bundle-offer until the 7th of may includes: SomiSE (digital) and ToMI in DVD ? For 19.95$ we can purchase SoMI SE (digital) and ToMI in DVD(wich will delivery to us when will ready)? in this case will be an addicitonal cost for shipping DVD to us? and how much will this ship for europe (italy) ?

and if i have SoMI SE yet? i have yet Somi SE, can i buy this bundle however?

thank you
  • edited April 2010
    As promised I said I'll buy the PC version from you guys, and I have, now to get the PSN version whenever it comes out on the EU PSN.
  • edited April 2010
    bonnie wrote: »
    You may have to come back to us for the tomi disc to pay for shipping.

so will be 19.95$ + only shipping cost for DVD? probably 19.95$ + 18$ as for the normal sell of standard dvd on your store? 19.95$ + 18$ of shipping for somiSE in digital and Tomi in DVD at our home?? And when will be ready the DVD ? and where i can order the DVD after taked the bundle for 19.95$, in which page of your store?
  • edited April 2010
    No it doesn't... you're right about that part.
    But while we may have our product playable, the order isn't complete.

If you pre-order a product and pay in advance, and before the product is available the price drops, wouldn't you want some sort of refund???

The incomplete part of the order, the DVD, is the same price for them as it is for you, free plus shipping. The game itself has not only been released already, but you have (presumably) already played it, so it would be more than a bit odd for you to regard it as non-released. The DVD is a separate sku and a separate order, so I don't really see it as relevant here.
  • edited April 2010
    Is this ever coming to the mac through telltale? I just bought the monkey island bundle and it really sucks not to be able to play mi1hd on the mac. I know Aspyr released a mac version of the HD remake a few days ago through their GameAgent service. (check it out at gameagent.com) Is this going to mean secret of monkey island is going to go the way of out of boneville?
  • edited April 2010
    pwblaine wrote: »
    Is this ever coming to the mac through telltale?

Will says in the comments to this blog post:
    Will wrote:
    PC only I'm afraid. We don't have a deal to distribute Mac.
  • edited April 2010
    Wapcaplet wrote: »
    Will says in the comments to this blog post:

thanks man... although that did bring a little tear to my eye.

*praises the tt-gods that MI2:SE will allow for a mac publishing deal*
  • edited April 2010
    $19.99 is for the deluxe edition if you already have bought TMI digitally. If you haven't bought TMI already then the deluxe edition is $49.95. If you already bought TMI digitally and are ordering the DVD it is free plus shipping only. And the DVD of TMI is not included in the SMI:SE/TMI bundle. You'd have to order the DVD separately (for free) afterwards.
  • edited April 2010
    Well. Damn it.

Secret of Monkey Island isn't listed in the TTG Store, so I ended up buying a gift copy of SoMI:SE from Steam instead. Now that I see the copy from TTG and the copy I bought from Steam hasn't been activated yet, I want to get a refund for that one and buy one from here.

Do you guys know if Steam will refund games before they get activated?

Oh, and TTG Staff: PLEASE PUT SOMI:SE IN THE MAIN STORE MENU.

Edit: Oh, there it is. It's at the very bottom of the main page under "Third Party Games" but there's no link on the left that indicates that that section even exists.
  • edited May 2010
    Can you buy SoMI:SE with a 'Free Episode' coupon code?
    Yeah I know, I'm cheap. I blame being Dutch :p Also, giving Telltale all my money already.
  • edited May 2010
    Considering I still haven't used my 301 ticket, that would be nice (Dutch too, eh), but I seriously doubt that...
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Can you buy SoMI:SE with a 'Free Episode' coupon code?
    Yeah I know, I'm cheap. I blame being Dutch :p Also, giving Telltale all my money already.

I doubt it since it's not a Telltale game, it's just being sold in their store.
  • edited May 2010
    I did my part.... I posted the deal on my facebook.
  • edited May 2010
    I would try it out, but I'm not sure if that would use up my coupon even if it doesn't work.
  • edited May 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Oh, and TTG Staff: PLEASE PUT SOMI:SE IN THE MAIN STORE MENU.

Yes, please do.
  • edited May 2010
    axelkothe wrote: »
    Yes, please do.

It is in the menu under "Third Party Games."
  • edited May 2010
    Thespis wrote: »
    It is in the menu under "Third Party Games."

It wasn't when I looked, now it is.
  • edited May 2010
    If they have a whole menu for that, does that mean they intend to distribute MI2: SE as well? I find it weird they'd have a whole other category just for one game.
  • edited May 2010
    If they have a whole menu for that, does that mean they intend to distribute MI2: SE as well? I find it weird they'd have a whole other category just for one game.

It's an old category. They used to sell a variety of third-party games, but at some point they did away with that business. My guess is that the category still existed, empty and hidden, until they put SoMI SE in there...

I distinctly remember they had Samarost and Ankh, among others.
  • edited May 2010
    Al Emmo was there as well.
  • edited May 2010
    And "Law and Order", IIRC
Sign in to comment in this discussion.