How many times have you played the The Walking Dead?

Looking through some of the comments it seems like most people know alot about the different choices and outcomes. That makes me wonder how many times have you actually played it? Or seen someone else play it?

Comments

• I played this game few times already, can't really count it. Seasons 1-2 probably like 6-8 times, Season 3, 2-3 times. Still, always went with the same choices.

• I have played each season at least 4 times i reckon and season 4 around 2 times

• Every season I've played 4 times and every season I've watched 8 playthroughs in their entirety. SO yeah I'm pretty burnt out.

• I have only played anf once, and I will never touch it again.

• Played S1 + S2 around 5-6 times if I were to guess.

ANF about 3 or 4 times.

I played the first Episode of TFS 9 or 10 times and the second 6 or 7

• I've lost count of how many times I've played Seasons 1 and 2.

ANF, I've played twice. Once was my original play through of the game, and the other was just to get footage for my ANF review.

• 110 hours for S1, 130 hours for S2, 62 hours for S3 and 16 hours for S4 so far.

• Season 1+2 a good 4 or 5 times. ANF one and a half times (watched all the other choices from then on). TFS I've played a good 6 times up to this point so far. And I'm planning on doing so again later today.

• Must have played s1 around 10 times.

Played s2 and s3 probably 3 times.

• I played S1 and S2 roughly 4 or 5 times each. I don’t just just hop on to S2 if I’m in the mood, I always prefer to start the whole adventure over before I get to that point.
    I have only played the first 2 episodes of S3 about 3 or 4 times.
    S4, I think just twice but Done Running 4 times because of the achievements and different choices.

• What country do you live in? Platform? There was a sale about 4 months ago where ANF season pass was £7

I played S1 and S2 roughly 4 or 5 times each. I don’t just just hop on to S2 if I’m in the mood, I always prefer to start the whole adventur

• USA, xbox one, but I don’t care if ANF is even $1, I ain’t touching it.

Ghetsis posted: »

What country do you live in? Platform? There was a sale about 4 months ago where ANF season pass was £7

• S1 and S2 countless times. When TFS ends with EP3 and EP4 being awesome, I'll probably play through S1, S2 and TFS yearly. The best trilogy, ever.

• edited October 2018

What about ANF, all the good meribel characters like Gabe, Kate, Ellenor, Joan, Clint and Lonnie and menny more?

GSSalvador posted: »

S1 and S2 countless times. When TFS ends with EP3 and EP4 being awesome, I'll probably play through S1, S2 and TFS yearly. The best trilogy, ever.

• S1 27 times. S2 15. S3 3.

• No.

What about ANF, all the good meribel characters like Gabe, Kate, Ellenor, Joan, Clint and Lonnie and menny more?

• Because others said it was bad without much in the way of reasoning or for a different reason? Because ANF is fucking awesome and get's way too much shit.

USA, xbox one, but I don’t care if ANF is even $1, I ain’t touching it.

• I played Season 1 3 times now. Once on 360 just to get extra achievments, on XB1 twice. Season 2 I only got through 1 and a half times. ANF I got through twice. Michonne once barely lol. And of course half of TFS.

• edited October 2018

season 1 6X

Season 2 6X

ANF 6X

Michonne 6X

• By the end of Ties That Bind part 2 I uninstalled it. Didn’t like it.

ZombieKenny posted: »

Because others said it was bad without much in the way of reasoning or for a different reason? Because ANF is fucking awesome and get's way too much shit.

• I've played season 1 and 2 at least 4 or 5 times, I've played ANF twice, TFS twice, and I have watched countless playthroughs from all seasons.

• Oh, fair enough. Least you gave it a shot.

By the end of Ties That Bind part 2 I uninstalled it. Didn’t like it.

• Because others said it was bad without much in the way of reasoning or for a different reason?

This offends me so much and I'm proud of it. After all the work the Telltale has put in, monthly, after all the time and effort and dedication, this still happens? Smh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1558&v=Jic-2tDh59A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=139&v=xTC2w4m6pg0

The Gaming sins are pretty nitpicky, but they mention some really good problems with the narrative and plotholes along the way. Also credit to @MetallicaRules

I GUARANTEE you, after you watch all of these videos, and read a good chunk of the well contructed posts on that you're going to get thrown your way, you will certainly change your mind. We're not here to hurt, we're here to enlighten.

ZombieKenny posted: »

Because others said it was bad without much in the way of reasoning or for a different reason? Because ANF is fucking awesome and get's way too much shit.

• I've played the first game sixish times. I had some issues halfway through episode two once and I just restarted. Season two I've played four times. ANF only once. Played ep. one of TFS twice. Wanna replay both again. I don't really go through many different options when I play if I'm honest.

• ANF was the weakest season of the series but, in my opinion, it wasn't a bad game at all. It is still enjoyable, also I loved some soundtracks from that game, like this one:

Sure it wasn't a perfect game at all, but it doesn't deserve so much hate.

• Not even that sounds original.
    Sounds like some kind of remix of thies...

Gauss99 posted: »

ANF was the weakest season of the series but, in my opinion, it wasn't a bad game at all. It is still enjoyable, also I loved some soundtrac

• I played Season 1 many times, I have circa 50 hours on it. I explored all the different choices.
    Many times (but lesser than S1) also for Season 2.
    Season3 played only 1 time, it seems "more closed" and less interesting.
    Maybe in the future I'll try it again, who knows.

• Season 1: 1 time (Want to replay a certain part, but have to start all over)
    400 days: 1 time
    Season 2: 1 time, with replay of a few of end chapters, to see what the outcomes are
    ANF: 3-4 times, and a few replays of the last chapter
    Michonne: was about to ditch it, but force myself to finish the game, so 1 time
    TFS Demo: A bazillion times
    TFS: Chapter 1 and 2: I lost count.

The end of Season 2, determines how Clementine will look like in ANF, where her appearance is then carried over to TFS. In total there she should have 4 difference appearances. So far I've only seen 2 out of the 4 on TFS, with the other 2 missing.

• edited October 2018

I dunno how many times but I do know the number of hours... thank you Valve... creepy bastards.

Anyrate! Season one stands at 113 hours. I saw a Let's Play of season 2 on twitch and I was like... huh... After that I was hooked. Season 2 stands at 147 hours. I definitely put more time into this one since I only learned about TTG TWD series when episode 2 of this season was released. A lot more time to went into trying out all the options. A New Frontier has a paltry 23 hours. I'll be honest when I first heard the reviews I wasn't very keen on getting it right away. I had other financial priorities, plus not being Clem was kinda of a let down. I purchased ANF shortly before TFS, and I did overall enjoyed the game, just not my favorite. And, finally, The Final Season stands at 36 hours. I can only expect this number to go as I try out more and more options and tweaking for my ideal choices.

• First two seasons I've played more times than I can count. Only played ANF and TFS once.

• I’ve played seasons 1-3 once, when the final season concludes, I’ll start over again, except The Walking Dead: Michonne.

• S1: 8 times that I can remember, maybe up to 10 but I'm not entirely sure
    S2: 6 times I think, but sometimes i would replay certain episodes again and not the whole game
    Michonne: 1 time, currently replaying it as part of the remastered collection.
    S3: 3 times. Once while the episodes were coming out, again when I got the collection, and then another time I got up to the beginning of episode 5 with my cousin.
    S4: Ep1 3-4 times, Ep2 about 3 times

• S1: 7 times maybe 8 but I’m not 100 percent on that
    S2: 6 or 7 times. Basically the same as season 1 cause I like to play those two in one big go.
    Michonne: I think I’ve played it 4 or 5 times.
    S3: I’ve only played that one twice. Once when it came out and once in the collection.
    S4: Even with it only having 2 episodes I’ve played it 3 times now.

• S1, 400 Days and S2:

And I hope Michonne I will play again. For it was fun.

• I played Season 1 three times, Season 2 - twice. Will never play ANF again, but I'm already considering a second playthrough of TFS.

• Currently replaying The Final Frontier, did season one and two multiple times and spent like 18 hours on the last season so far.

• When you don't know the name of the game you're playing.

Doctor_Stef posted: »

Currently replaying The Final Frontier, did season one and two multiple times and spent like 18 hours on the last season so far.

• Yay to me.

Ghetsis posted: »

When you don't know the name of the game you're playing.

• S1 3-4 times
    S2 3 times?
    ANF 1,5 times, then I realized my alternate choices wouldn't matter anyway so I didn't have to force myself through it again

• I have played season one about seven times, season two about five times, ANF about four times, and TFS once (so far).

Sign in to comment in this discussion.