Why didn't Clem go back to Javier's ANF community with AJ?

edited October 2018 in The Walking Dead

Not only did she never go back, she kinda never really mentions it as if it were ever an option and it's like TT got so shook by the negative response to ANF they just cut it off moving on. But that leads to a huge gap in the story. I must have missed something. Please let me know if she explains why she didn't go back in TFS. I always end up missing or forgetting something then looking stupid lol.

I know their are two endings, one with Gabe (Yuck) and one with Kate. But both regardless offer Clem with open arms to come back with AJ. At the end of ANF Javi tells Clem she's always welcome and when she comes back he'll teach her baseball and shit. They have guns, walls, defense, friends, allies and familiar faces. Javier would have made a great father figure for Clem at the end of the day and Kate is pretty cool herself. And of course Gabe. If you ship that she could have went back for him. They went through quite a lot.

Not only just because of character development, but it just seemed like a logical decision. Was that where she was heading when she got caught up looking for food?

I love Erikson's group more so then any group in TWD don't get me wrong, but Clem and AJ would have been way more logical trying to make it back to Javi's community. I assume they got lost.

Comments

• Because Gabe might still be there.

Jokes aside, it probably has something to do with what happened at the Ranch. I do agree that there needs to be a logical reason as to why Clem didn't return to Richmond with AJ that isn't the negative reception of ANF, and that will probably be revealed in due time.

• I assume it has something to do with the ranch or either the community collapsed.

Either way it does need to be addressed why Clementine didn't go back and why we still can't return new frontier.

• She probably killed some people at the ranch who were associated with richmond. Or they ran off as the ranch got destroyed to tell the garcias family that clementine ruined what they had going on for them.

• Сus Choices dont matter in TWD

• I hope they don't pull a S2/ANF situation again.

LeeFox25 posted: »

Сus Choices dont matter in TWD

• Just a theory from my side but:
    Clem says in TFS Ep2 that she was part of a siege back in Richmond.
    I don't know, but I never noticed a siege in ANF.
    Maybe Richmond got raided and she and AJ just barely got out of there.

Otherwise it wouldn't make any sense to me to not go back to Richmond.

• She's probably talking about the one in Thicker Than Water.
    Wasn't exactly a siege but they kinda attacked Joan and her people

KirTyun posted: »

Just a theory from my side but: Clem says in TFS Ep2 that she was part of a siege back in Richmond. I don't know, but I never noticed a si

• edited October 2018

If Clem does bring AJ back to Richmond, and Javi teaches AJ how to play baseball, he will need to be extra careful because

• That joke isn't even funny because it's incorrect, sorry bud. In ANF, the player has no control over Clem's plans to return.

LeeFox25 posted: »

Сus Choices dont matter in TWD

• The player has no control over most things in ANF.

Ghetsis posted: »

That joke isn't even funny because it's incorrect, sorry bud. In ANF, the player has no control over Clem's plans to return.

• From a story line point of view, there is no logical reason not to go back to Richmond. From a branching game determinant point of view, the only logical course is abandon Richmond in favor of simplicity for the narrative arc.

But who knows. Maybe there is a very rational reason as to why they didn't go/stay in Richmond that will be revealed in the remaining two episodes - they do keep bringing up the 'ranch incident'. Maybe after fleeing the ranch they couldn't go in the direction of Richmond, or they did and reached Richmond only to find it in ruins or abandoned. We simply don't have enough information other than to speculate and theorize.

• New frontier possibly collapsed with Javier dead or missing in the aftermath of it.

Symbolz posted: »

From a story line point of view, there is no logical reason not to go back to Richmond. From a branching game determinant point of view, th

• edited October 2018

It's obvious what happens. The Garcias and co flee because of the sins of the council. A political civil war has begun. This is happening in the comics(commonwealth) now with a large network group. And seeing that the game is 3 years pass the comics richmond probably doesn't survive their civil war.

• A lot can happen in 3 years. For all we know she already did go back to richmond but everyone’s gone, except for a particular 4 door reddish colored car that may have had walkers surrounding it.

Deathbeam posted: »

It's obvious what happens. The Garcias and co flee because of the sins of the council. A political civil war has begun. This is happening in

• She is still in the Virginia/Dc area. If everyone disappears that promising for the comics.

A lot can happen in 3 years. For all we know she already did go back to richmond but everyone’s gone, except for a particular 4 door reddish colored car that may have had walkers surrounding it.

• The Delta could have wiped them out and turned the survivors into prisoners for their war.

Deathbeam posted: »

She is still in the Virginia/Dc area. If everyone disappears that promising for the comics.

• True.

Chibikid posted: »

The player has no control over most things in ANF.

• So, I'm wondering where did the ANF brand go on Clem's forearm?

• It's still there, but since she hasn't taken her jacket off yet, we've just never had the opportunity to see it yet in the game.

ajaxle posted: »

So, I'm wondering where did the ANF brand go on Clem's forearm?

• It probably has something to do with what happened at McCarrol Ranch. Maybe some people associated with Richmond massacred the community staying at the ranch and it skewed Clementine's perspective of them. I dunno. We'll have to wait until the remaining episodes come out.

• Probably because Joan/Clint may have returned to Richmond and attacked the community. Telltale originally did state that Javier's decision at the end of episode 4 would have a huge impact on S4's story. So it is very possible that Richmond could still be a community, or just wiped out in general.

• ANF took place in Richmond Virginia, and The Final Season also takes place in Virginia. Not sure where in Virginia, but I'm guessing like 1 to 2 hours away by driving, when Clem still had the car. Also don't now if anyone noticed it, Richmond Virginia in ANF is drawn to be based on Brooklyn NYC, a reminder of the red hoodie, that also says Brooklyn, Clem was wearing in Season 1.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.