One thing about TFS that I just noticed. Amazing Character Development. (Marlon)

edited October 2018 in The Walking Dead

One thing I just noticed is that how incredible of a feat TT just accomplished with Marlon and it took me a while to realize how actually impressive it is to make a character die so fast yet be so remembered and important in our minds.

Marlon had like 3/4 of a episode if that. Between the beggining with Clem finding the food, going back to get the food. The car crash. The room scenes. Marlon might have made up about half an episode of importance or less. They rushed him out so fast but yet it feels like we've known him forever. Not much was left on the table with him. It's crazy.

We know what type of character he is and all about him. We know his struggles with running the school kids, we know his failures, his successes, his friends, his life and his mind. All in less than 1 episode. I'm not sure we even knew Lee or Clem after just 1 episode the way we know Marlon. It's amazing how fast they rushed him out but it feels like he's been around for a whole season.

It's truly incredible TT was able to convey so much of Marlon to us that he plays a center fixture in the game even still and he only had like half a episode.

I can't think of any other character who died so fast but still fulfills a huge main role in the story and will go down as a important and iconic character. Most of the time when someone dies extra quick they are forgotten like Doug or something. But this was truly pretty impressive.

Not sure if anyone agrees. TT devs outdid themselves this time. Only they could pull this type of story telling off. Where you know someone for like half an hour but feel like they are your cousin or something lol.

Comments

• Yea he's a good character.

• edited October 2018

lol Marlon got rekt xdddddd

???????

• edited October 2018

I'm not siding with Marlon. Marlon's a piece of shit lol. I'm just saying it's pretty impressive TT made Marlon such a huge part of the season with so much depth in such a short amount of time. Hard to make someone feel important in under a half hour of screen time.

AJ too in fairness. He has had 2 episodes now of course but that first one had a lot of AJ depth considering we didn't know much about him since S2.

lol Marlon got rekt xdddddd ???????

• true, true

ZombieKenny posted: »

I'm not siding with Marlon. Marlon's a piece of shit lol. I'm just saying it's pretty impressive TT made Marlon such a huge part of the se

• Before ep 1 released I had zero expectations that he'll be something good and interesting but I was wrong and boy am I happy about it.

• edited October 2018

Telltale absolutely nailed Marlon's character. He was a character who was only in one episode but he sure made a huge impact. I can definitely see why Jesse Krause(episode 1 lead writer) said that he was her favorite.

• edited October 2018

Yeah, by sneaking in an Angry Dad Climax in the first episode and attaching it to BadBoy!Luke.

Also, I love how you emphasize that he was "rushed out."

• He's one of the characters I hate most in episode 1.
    If I were to kill myself I would jump down from his cowardice down to his IQ.

• well you can't have a Telltale game without an Angry Dad Climax lol. Considering its in almost every telltale game.

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, by sneaking in an Angry Dad Climax in the first episode and attaching it to BadBoy!Luke. Also, I love how you emphasize that he was "rushed out."

• :lol:
    In terms of the Walking Dead or in general?

well you can't have a Telltale game without an Angry Dad Climax lol. Considering its in almost every telltale game.

• its mostly in the walking dead series but its also in a few other telltale games. I don't want to get into spoilers

DabigRG posted: »

In terms of the Walking Dead or in general?

• Gotcha.

I will say that I do know TWAU likely doesn't count.

its mostly in the walking dead series but its also in a few other telltale games. I don't want to get into spoilers

Sign in to comment in this discussion.