What was Clem’s first murder/attempted murder/complicit murder and how does it tie into your story?

edited December 2018 in The Walking Dead

Inspired by a recent thread on the subreddit. Basically any premeditated kill counts here. Whether it was a mercy kill or not (ala S1 finale), whether Clem did it herself or just supported it (ala Carver), and whether the victim actually died or survived (ala Abel), who first stained Clem’s hands with blood, why was that her first moment, and what relevance does it hold in her story? Non determinant/QTE/indirect/accidental kills dont count (basically all the ANF kills lol).

From the top of my head the contenders are:

• The Stranger
  • Lee
  • Sam the dog (you decide if he counts)
  • Matthew (telling Nick to shoot him)
  • Johnny (ski lodge guy)
  • Carver (attempting to shoot him at the ski lodge)
  • Carver (supporting Kenny at the end of episode 3)
  • Kenny
  • Lingard (feel free to consider non canon to your Clem)
  • Abel (at the train station)
  • Marlon (condoning what AJ did/at any point saying he got what he deserved/spitting on his grave)
  • Abel (in the woods before you meet Lilly)
  • Lilly (telling Violet to shoot her)
  • Lilly (shooting at her at the school showdown)

Please tell me if I missed someone!
Feel free to go beyond her first kill if you do so please.

My Clem’s first kill was the stranger. I stopped pressing Q after the prompt disappeared so she ended up killing him. It kinda goes well in my story though, since it added a recurring theme of killing one in other to protect another in all of Clem’s installments (S1 finale, S2 finale, and the TFS premiere (AJ)).

Comments

• My Clem’s first kill was the stranger. I stopped pressing Q after the prompt disappeared so she ended up killing him. It kinda goes well in my story though, since it added a recurring theme of killing one in other to protect another in all of Clem’s installments (S1 finale, S2 finale, and the TFS premiere (AJ)).

Same. Well put.

• Not that it matters, but definitely The Stranger.

Also, I forgot this little shit could order Matthew shot.

• My clem is Pure I spit facts
    Clem is pure as a fresh snacks
    It's 6 AM and I still didnt sleep
    Yeet

• Da foq u liv, Norway?

My clem is Pure I spit facts Clem is pure as a fresh snacks It's 6 AM and I still didnt sleep Yeet

• I live inside your head

DabigRG posted: »

Da foq u liv, Norway?

• The Stranger. I actually knew before what would happen if you stop pressing Lee's chokehold.

I think Clem's first kill being The Stranger serves a much stronger narrative it than it does being Lee.

Clem at the tender age of 8 suddenly has to take another human's life. She has to murder, kill. It's incredibly traumatizing. i feel like it shapes Clem's survival mindset and her view of the world -- and just life and death in general -- way more than killing Lee, which I felt was more of a mercy kill and similar to euthanasia. The Stranger is straight up murder (albeit as a form of saving someone else). Killing Lee is sympathetic and merciful, while killing The Stranger murder is hot-blooded, vengeful, protective. Killing Lee is sentimental and heartbreaking, while killing The Stranger is strongly nihilistic. It breaks everything about what a child is meant to experience (in the normal old world). Death quickly becomes nothing of meaning to a 9 year old girl. Killing is just another mundane necessity.

I feel like a Clem that's killed The Stranger would have no problem whatsoever killing anyone in her way or who she finds worth of dying whatsoever. It's why my Clem has killed all the characters she could determinantly kill. Death is nothing to her. Killing Lee, you can still imagine a Clem that's ultimately still a sympathetic survivor who's not totally ridden with bloodlust.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.