Do you think Violet was acting out of character if you saved Louis ?

Kinda feels that way to me, I mean Clem and the others are risking their lives to save her and the others and she just switches sides ?

On the other hand Violet was really loyal to Clem, throughout Episode 1 (Backing her up, even if that's determinant) and Episode 2 (She was on Clem's side the whole episode) so Clem betraying her like that probably lit a pretty big spark inside her head.

Your thoughts ?

Comments

• Refreshed the page and saw this right away.

I wouldn't say out of character...I get her being angry but I feel like her anger was....overdone? She's been so supportive of us so I was hoping she'd understand, but that wasn't the case. A part of me thinks she didn't wanna be angry with her during the cell scene but then we came to blows with Minnie and shit fell apart from there.

To me, I feel she's more on the idea that she's with Minnie rather than being against Clem. It's still pretty petty though. Hopefully we reconcile in Ep 4. It's not a good feeling being on her bad side like this.

• When exactly has Clem betrayed her? She had two important characters to save, but she could only save one of them. It wasn't a betrayal.

Anyway, I always have known that she will pull of something like this. The first time when I saw this emo Minnie I was already sure that there has to be something even more wrong with Violet. Hopefully she will eventually get back to her "normal" state. They need her afterall.

• It feels like a betrayal since Violet was always on Clem's side and wanted to help her stay at Ericson, so probably Violet considers her a good friend

MaikelRR_ posted: »

When exactly has Clem betrayed her? She had two important characters to save, but she could only save one of them. It wasn't a betrayal.

• And she still is a good friend to her. That's why she got back to rescue her & others. What Violet has done in my playthrough is beyond any limits. I really hope that both Minerva and Violet are dead after this whole explosion.

It feels like a betrayal since Violet was always on Clem's side and wanted to help her stay at Ericson, so probably Violet considers her a good friend

• edited January 2019

In my opinion, no.

I wrote this over in the Violentine thread, but I might as well paste it in here:

...I think that people didn't realize to look at things from Violet's perspective.

She reacted pretty realistically considering what she has went through before she got to Erikson's. (you know, after her grandma killed herself right next to her). She has abandoment issues.

It's pretty clear that Violet is attached to Clem in some ways, no matter which options you pick. She also doesn't want anymore bloodshed considering she got traumatised after Minnie's and Sophie's apparent "death". This explains why she "attacked" Clem if you saved Louis.

Leaving her to be taken to the one place that she has feared about after she has defended you in Episode 1 (albeit determinantly), and having your back constantly in Episode 2, you basically betray her trust and feed into her abandoment issues.

Unlike Louis, who for most of Episode 2 is actually against you due to Marlon's death, until he finally manages to forgive you. That's probably why he doesn't act as "moodily" as Violet does, even after his tongue got cut out. Violet felt like Clem had her back during the siege... Louis probably figured that what happened was out of everyone's control.

You also have to remember that everyone deals with feelings differently, depending on how they grew up. Considering most of the school kids there were "troubled", I don't doubt that some of them might over-react to certain scenarios.

And of course, she also probably doesn't realize that Clem couldn't save everyone... but in her eyes, she could have saved her, and she didn't. After all that she did for her, Clem basically left her to get taken.

So, looking at it from her perspective, why wouldn't she be mad at Clem?

• edited January 2019

I watched that decision on Youtube since I saved Violet and yeah, I think she was out of character. I mean, I understand why she would be angry and feel betrayed by us choosing Louis over her and let her get taken away. But that she just attacks us while we try to escape? God, I know Minnie is her ex gf but seriously? This is exaggerated. I'm glad I got that alternate version of her in my playthrough.

• Mad? Sure. Betraying Clem and others? Hell NO.

BigBadPaul posted: »

In my opinion, no. I wrote this over in the Violentine thread, but I might as well paste it in here: ...I think that people didn't rea

• edited January 2019

Granted, she definitely wasn't helping at that point.
    But can you really consider it a betrayal?
    She barely gives a fight, and she was absolutely fine afterwards when everyone left their cages. (well, not fine fine, but fine enough not to be violent)

It was more of a "what the hell are you doing" moment. She didn't want everyone risking their lives further trying to leave the place after already being caught. She even says that whilst she's "attacking" you.

Wrong action. Right reasons.

Mad? Sure. Betraying Clem and others? Hell NO.

• edited January 2019

Yeah, I can fully consider it a betrayal. Just because she didn't succeed in what she was doing doesn't make it any less of a betrayal.

She wasn't fine. She just went to take care of Minnie and then she treated Clem like shit anyway.

And no man. I fully disagree about the "right reasons". She was fighting those bastards in Episode 2. She is fighting those bastards in Episode 3 if you saved her. Clem and others aren't fighting them to be alive - they're fighting them to be free. They fought them to not become slaves and fight their war. Violet got mad at Clem and she started to support the idea of Delta kidnapping all the guys.

If picking a side of an idea that you fought against quite a while ago is not considered to be a betrayal then I don't know what honestly can be a betrayal.

Granted, she definitely wasn't helping at that point. But can you really consider it a betrayal? She barely gives a fight, and she was ab

• edited January 2019

Well, let's see, we only have two choices:

Live but be treated as a soldier/slave.
    Or
    Escape but potentially die.

She thought that living was more important than trying to risk getting killed trying to get out of an armoured militia.

I can't fault her for that.

As I've said, right reasons, wrong action.

Yeah, I can fully consider it a betrayal. Just because she didn't succeed in what she was doing doesn't make it any less of a betrayal. S

• That's still a betrayal. Besides, if she really has thought that living is more important than getting killed then why was she in charge of the whole setting up the school before the attack in EP2? Why has she cried for an entire EP 2 that Marlon sold out her girlfriend? Why does she fight them in Episode 3 if she wasn't taken by them?

The fact is. Her mind about The Raiders only changes when she is taken by them. Coincidence? I don't think so buddy...

Well, let's see, we only have two choices: Live but be treated as a soldier/slave. Or Escape but potentially die. She thought that l

• edited January 2019

Because she has given up hope when she gets captured. She can even say that the "whole situation is fucked". She is just about done with the situation when she gets captured.

She fights them in Episode 3 because if you save her she feels empowered by Clementine. She's in a completely different state of mind.

She's not burdened by the feelings caused by the abandoment when Clem leaves her.

When she gets captured, her weakened mental state has caused her to change her opinion of things. She's definitely emotionally less strong than Louis, for example. Mostly due to her upbringing. But that's just because that's the way Violet is.

That's still a betrayal. Besides, if she really has thought that living is more important than getting killed then why was she in charge of

• For me it seemed a bit out of character, I know she still has feelings for Minnie and all but shes completely different now, I dont know why shes willing to get all her friends killed, I can understand being mad at Clem, but shes letting Louis be hurt and shit.

Also I found it kinda fucked up that if Violet is captured nothing bad happens to her, but Louis gets completely fucked. I would have preferred there still be some kind of consequence for not saving Violet and something bad happened to her as well. Not sure what happens if you romance her and let her be taken away, but maybe what they are planning on doing is making Violet a bad guy if you didnt save or romance her seeing as the relationship thing said Violet despises me, so theres atleast some kind of consequence. I just hope theres something because it feels wrong having Louis having his tongue cut out while nothing major really happens to Violet. It just makes the choice in the future feel kinda unbalanced imo

• I honestly thought Violet would be the stronger of the two if they were captured. She was a fighter, and Louis would be hurt badly. I thought Violet might even be of some help with Minnie and Sophie if they were still alive, talking them into helping out after the trauma they endured being gone so long.

I was definitely right that Louis would get hurt, and I was very wrong about Violet. I actually didn't mind her reaction at first. She had spent time in the camp with Minnie and had an opportunity to see it from Marlon's perspective, which was a nice bit of irony. She learned they were treated well, and that all the death that they'd suffered could've been completely avoided if not for Clementine and AJ's presence. Marlon's death, Brody's death, Mitch's death - all completely unnecessary. She had her girlfriend back, and now because of Clementine more people were dying. Of course, she'd be angry.

However, I thought she'd have a change of heart once she learned the truth of what happened to Sophie. Seeing what they were capable of even being offered surrender. For me, Violet went out of character when she opted to stay behind.

• edited January 2019

I do agree that it was out of character for Violet to take Minnie's side even after she said the story about the twin.

That was pretty weird.

Poptarts posted: »

I honestly thought Violet would be the stronger of the two if they were captured. She was a fighter, and Louis would be hurt badly. I though

• She gonna lose her eye. Mark my words.

Poogers555 posted: »

For me it seemed a bit out of character, I know she still has feelings for Minnie and all but shes completely different now, I dont know why

• I think that they are both emotionally weak. Or maybe normal since it's Clementine who is strong as fuck in that term. I think that both Louis/Vi (depending on the choice) were destroyed emotionally that night. Violet dealt with that by switching sides, Louis dealt with that by gaining a depression.

Violet's case can still be solved. I mean I am able to forgive her if she will apologize and if she will redempt herself.

Louis? Well... he is never going to be the same again. Unfixable situation if you ask me. At least it has only happened to him in Violet's route.

At least we can agree on one thing. Those fuckers from Delta can break anyone. They will do absolutely anything in order to do so.

Because she has given up hope when she gets captured. She can even say that the "whole situation is fucked". She is just about done with the

• I do hope that Violet gets some uppercupperance other than "oh, she's mad at you", in the Louis path. It's a bit umbalanced. I mean, Louis lost his tongue. What did Violet lose? Her faith? I mean... not really balanced.

I think that they are both emotionally weak. Or maybe normal since it's Clementine who is strong as fuck in that term. I think that both Lou

• I can see both Louis and Violet being mad at their camp and talking some shit. Violet probably threatening them all the time while Louis mocking them all the time. Violet wouldn't most likely get hurt badly due to Minnie being there. Minerva doesn't give a shit about Louis. So it makes sense a bit. Poor Louis...

For me it seemed a bit out of character, I know she still has feelings for Minnie and all but shes completely different now, I dont know why

• I guess that's the one thing that Violet had that Louis didn't. Louis kept running his mouth. Violet was quiet and she had Minnie.

Odds were just against Louis in that case.

I can see both Louis and Violet being mad at their camp and talking some shit. Violet probably threatening them all the time while Louis moc

• I don't want to act like a dick there, but if it really had to be balanced then she would have to lose something that would make her completely destroyed. I mean I would rather have Louis lose his arm, eye, ear. Him losing his tongue basically kills his whole character. Losing two eyes would be maybe the same for Violet.

But I just wished that they both would be fine or that they both would be heavily beaten. I don't like Violet, but I still wouldn't want her to be heavily damaged. Why was Telltale/Skybound so cruel to make this Louis' scene. Probably the most horrific one in the history of the whole game...

She gonna lose her eye. Mark my words.

• Honestly, she did act out of character in the sense attacking you like that, I didn’t really think she would’ve done that obviously hold a grudge yes but attacking!!??

• I don’t know. Like I said this episode left me feeling a whole bunch of different emotions and this funny feeling that doesn’t sit right, despite getting the best outcome. Sure, she probably suffers from some sort of trauma after being abandoned by her grandmother and having to witness her death, but like she said she didn’t even care so would it affect her? As for Louis, his parents didn’t give 2 shits if he were happy, they didn’t even care about him as long as he was rich, so are they both not similar in some ways? I didn’t see Louis acting the same way she did. I’m just not sure, I’ll have to run a couple of playthrough s but I swear if she tries to pull anything again in the next episode...

• I saw what happened if Violet was romanced but captured.

She basically breaks up with you saying letting her be captured shows she didn't actual mean the love confession and that Minerva was better.

• A harsh person would probably remark, "What [is her] character?"

But when I finally saw that for myself, I both got it and didn't get it. It's less about switching sides and more about how so many of her friends are ending up dead.

And it's partly because of Clementeen. Per usual

• edited January 2019

Vi only acts the way she does in ep 3 if you don't save her in ep 2. And she doesn't deserve to be killed because of it. Think about it from vi's perspective in the instance of how vi acts if you don't save her in ep 2. Vi who has abandonment issues felt abandoned by someone who either becomes her gf or a good friend when she was in danger and needed help. Vi is then feeling the kind of emotions or feelings one could normally feel after something like that happens. And even though clem shows up to rescue vi she still let vi be kidnapped in the first place after clem either confesses to having feelings for vi and then kisses vi or becomes a good friend of vi's. It's understandable that vi wouldn't just forget about it and let it go and then there's the issue with mini who's her brainwashed ex, vi giving up, vi being tired of all the hurting plus killing and vi being told that if she fights, mini or someone else will be killed. Vi told clem that if clem makes things worse she'd stop clem herself and when she thought clem was going to make things worse vi decided to try and stop clem from doing just that because of what vi was told. Considering how louis acted towards aj and clem for sometime in ep 2 after aj killed marlon people should give vi a break for acting in a similar fashion.

• Violet being angry at Clem made me feel off and put me off Violet for a bit. I still like her and her ship w/ Clem but I guess it low-key pissed me off. However I totally get it. You've been nothing but loyal towards this girl and she saves someone else instead. If you are, then she has no clue Louis and Clem are best friends/together so she probably doesn't understand why she saved him instead but if you're best friends/together with Violet then I'd get why she's pissed even more.

On top of that her ex-girlfriend who she's been in love for so long with is back now, so she's doing what she can to side with Minnie and possibly get back with her.

But I also see it this way, if we could've save both Violet and Louis, we would've. We couldn't save every one and almost every player who did save the person they saved is more closer than they are with the other. And I think she needs time to understand that and I'm hoping she does in ep4.

Both Louis and Violet's treatment in this episode rubbed me the wrong way at first, and to some extent it still does but I'm trying to understand where the writers were coming from with it I guess.

• edited January 2019

Whoever gets captured is basically the one who is going to die out of the 2 in EP4.

• Probably.

Whoever gets captured is basically the one who is going to die out of the 2 in EP4.

• edited January 2019

Violet who mentally can't be saved will die trying to fight against you, and tongueless Louis who has nothing to live for will sacrifice himself to save the kids.

Can already see it.

DabigRG posted: »

Probably.

• edited January 2019

tongueless Louis who has nothing to live for will sacrifice himself to save the kids.

Violet who mentally can't be saved will die trying to fight against you, and tongueless Louis who has nothing to live for will sacrifice himself to save the kids. Can already see it.

• But that would mean that Violet also betrays the others if she was saved in EP2.

Well Violet. Once a traitor - always a traitor.

Violet who mentally can't be saved will die trying to fight against you, and tongueless Louis who has nothing to live for will sacrifice himself to save the kids. Can already see it.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.