Unpopular Opinion: I don't expect that many Major Deaths in The Final Episode.

edited January 2019 in The Walking Dead

Considering how few Major Deaths have taken place through the course of The Final Season, I feel like it would be somewhat Rushed and Jarring (From a Narrative Perspective) to see more than a couple Major deaths in Episode 4. The reason I say that is because that's the pattern that we've gotten throughout this season so far. Marlon and Brody in Episode 1 is 2 deaths, Both Non-Determinant. Then 1 in Episode 2 (Mitch). Then you have 3 deaths in Episode 3 (Abel, Lilly, and James), but 2 of them are determinant. Whatever choice you make, if you don't include the alternate path, that just leaves 2 deaths for Episode 3.

There are several likely possibilities about who could die in Episode 4. Considering it's been stated previously that determinant characters who don't die in Episode 3 will stay alive in Episode 4, I can most certainly rule out James and Lilly. It could be Clem. It could be AJ. It could even be both depending on your choices. Minerva is another possibility. Kmudle stated on Tumblr (This is how I interpret it) that Minerva is essentially one of those types of people who would rather die than take responsibility for her actions. As I've stated in another thread, I think it's highly likely that Minerva will commit suicide if Tenn finds out what she did to Sophie. Beyond that, I don't see that many major deaths happening in the Finale.

Comments

• edited January 2019

I'd say I don't either, but you know.

EDIT: There's also Dorian, btw.

• Dorian isn't a Major Character so she doesn't count.

DabigRG posted: »

I'd say I don't either, but you know. EDIT: There's also Dorian, btw.

• I believe most of the kids will be safe atleast.
    It's been mentioned enough times that the school is supposed to be a home for Clem.
    Wouldn't been much of a home anymore if it's empty.

Unless ofcourse that's the point they're trying to make. In which case they're all doomed. :)

• I noticed something in the description of the game the first time it was released, it went something like: "Clementine has found a new home, but protecting it means sacrifice".

So what sacrifice ? So far Marlon, Mitch and Brody died, none of which were close to Clem so it probably doesn't count as sacrifice. Sacrifice for Clem would probably mean Violet / Louis or AJ.

Onmens posted: »

I believe most of the kids will be safe atleast. It's been mentioned enough times that the school is supposed to be a home for Clem. Would

• It seems like some generic thing you read at the back of a book cover, like "They will face many hardships before they reach the end of their journey."
    Sacrifice could mean so many things. It's just a bit too vague.

I noticed something in the description of the game the first time it was released, it went something like: "Clementine has found a new home,

• edited January 2019

I think it means exactly what it's implying. It's not vague at all.

I also remember Telltale devs reiterating in interviews around the release of EP1 that there WILL be sacrifices involved and that the ending WILL be gut-punching.

I've been pointing out that tagline for the longest but everyone seems to ignore it. it's easily the biggest foreshadowing and it spells out all what we can generally expect from the ending.

There's also a very subtle theme of sacrifice in the past 3 episodes.

Onmens posted: »

It seems like some generic thing you read at the back of a book cover, like "They will face many hardships before they reach the end of their journey." Sacrifice could mean so many things. It's just a bit too vague.

• edited January 2019

OR...OR..... it means Clementine sacrificing herself.

Clementine can allude to this herself in the dialogue options several times in this season.

I noticed something in the description of the game the first time it was released, it went something like: "Clementine has found a new home,

• Ofcourse it´s vague.
    What will Clem be sacrificing? Her life? AJ? Her friends? Her freedom? Her sanity? Another finger? Her soul?
    It could mean anything. So... it's vague.

I think it means exactly what it's implying. It's not vague at all. I also remember Telltale devs reiterating in interviews around the r

• If there's going to be multiple endings then I'm positive there's going to be good/bad ending but I'm still believing that vi or lo will bite the dust in ep4....maybe not a choice maybe who u picked to save won't die or vise versa.

• i guess at a point of episode 4 Clem will end up in posation of making sacrfice i guess either vi/Louis step up to take the sacrfice for her if she romanced /friend zone him/her and and save him/her at the end of episode 2
    or Clem her self may end up sacrificing her self maybe if she friend zone/romances lo/vi but save the other one cause she betrayed the one she announce her love/friendship to and save another who she had no relation with so non of those will die for her if that turned up true than my Clem is screwed.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.