How would you feel if Clem died determinantly?

Would it take away from the experience? Because when you think about it, this isn't like all the other determinant deaths. This is Clementine, the main character in Telltale's The Walking Dead across all 4 Seasons. Me personally, I don't like the idea of several endings for Clementine, but that's just me and I know people will disagree. It just feels too much like 'this is my ending!' you can have your own version too!' and that's not my favourite, but at the end of the day this is still a Telltale Game, a very special type of choice-based game where choices don't matter, but it's not a movie and I'm sure people would like having their own end for Clem. Also, a lot of cool discussions can come out of it, why players chose certain endings, why they think their choice is right, etc. I have a feeling there will be 3 endings.

1. Clem lives but AJ dies
  2. Clem dies but AJ lives
  3. Both live but they don't live at the school anymore (not really sure about this one)

And I think that after the game ends there will be a special cutscene for each ending, most likely a timeskip, if both Clem and AJ live then it'll probably be the Happy Dream with all the legacy characters that's so popular on these forums, and with that there'll be some ambiguity because you don't know if Clem and AJ survived.

Anyway, back to the question, how would you feel if Clem died determinantly?

Comments

• edited February 2019

I feel Clem will be determinant. Some endings she lives, some she dies. In the end, its going to be how she dies that will decide if I like it or not. If she has a meaningful death that overall fits the story then it will be satisfying and not "we killed clem lmao."

If she gets ANF'd with a car crash or some shit then no, its complete trash. I dont think Telltale is that stupid that if they do kill Clem they would kill her in a garbage way that shits on her character, but anything is possible these days.

I do like your idea of having some scene with Legacy characters. It would be cool just to see visually. Even though the Walking Dead show really sucks now, they did that scene where they are all eating dinner in a dream if nothing bad happened, and I did like it, it would be nice to just go "remember these guys?" but Telltale wont do it. They already claim having Violet wear her already modeled hood up cost too much money, they arnt gonna do anything like that sadly.

• Content, I guess.

• i would feel a bit sad but it is the final season and i feel like if clem lives it will end in a cliffhanger in my opinion

• I hope it's determinant I don't want it a one ending thing.

• I'll be fine with it if it's not a shitty death,i'll be fine with anything as long as we don't get a fucking Disney ending or some shit.

• I’m OK if she dies determinant as long as it’s not A stupid death like Kenny’s from ANF.

• edited February 2019

She will be determinant. That’s like the one thing about this episode that I know will happen because it just makes too much sense. The whole argument about wether she should die or not is so split amongst the community that making Clem determinant is really the only way to please everyone, plus Kent made a comment on the subreddit that heavily hinted that she will be determinant. As of how I feel about it, I’m all for it if it’s done right. I would like to see a culmination of past choices be the deciding factor of wether or not Clementine dies (like what you’ve taught Aj and what relationships you’ve built) because that would just be cool. But mark my words she definitely will be determinant.

• edited February 2019

Nope. If that happens, I'm joining the riot crew.

• They are so going to ruin a character I used to like.

• "I liked Clementine better when she was dead."

They are so going to ruin a character I used to like.

• "The whole argument about wether she should die or not is so split amongst the community that making Clem determinant is really the only way to please everyone"

Even if Clem is determinant I wont be surprised at all if suddenly everyone will then jump on the game saying it sucks if Clem dies in anyway at all. Honestly feels like a good chunk of the fan base is "I dont care how bad the story is if Clem is ok!" and then the second they kill Clem in any fashion its "this game is bad now!!!"

Already preparing for the fallout for episode 4 when it enviably happens, even if her death is well written.

She will be determinant. That’s like the one thing about this episode that I know will happen because it just makes too much sense. The whol

• I just saw something on reddit that looked very convincing that Clem...

I'm not going on reddit for a while. I may talk a bunch of shit when it's in my head, but seeing it reminded me that I really don't want her to be harmed in any way in the next episode.

• ayy man shoot a brotha pm to that link famo

I just saw something on reddit that looked very convincing that Clem... I'm not going on reddit for a while. I may talk a bunch of shit w

• edited February 2019

I think killing or not killing the walker couple at the train station will determined Clemintine fate

• Even if Clem is determinant I wont be surprised at all if suddenly everyone will then jump on the game saying it sucks if Clem dies in anyway at all.

Oh I’m sure the episode will get some sort of hate no matter what, it’s the very last episode to a 6 year series so it’s inevitable. But I believe having Clem become a determinant character is the best route because just imagine if Clementine died or lived no matter what, the community would be filled with “Wow they killed Clementine how predictable” or “Wow Clementine lives no matter what, this season was so lighthearted” their really is no winning when it comes to this community lmao, only a softer loss.

Honestly feels like a good chunk of the fan base is "I dont care how bad the story is if Clem is ok!" and then the second they kill Clem in any fashion its "this game is bad now!!!"

Yea their is people like that, but I think mostly everyone just wants an interesting conclusion that can give Clementine a proper farewell.

Already preparing for the fallout for episode 4 when it enviably happens, even if her death is well written.

Well I feel like that’s a sign that you succeeded at making a good character. It’s pretty amazing how attached some people are to this series and Clementine.

Poogers555 posted: »

"The whole argument about wether she should die or not is so split amongst the community that making Clem determinant is really the only way

• i will feel pissed either way even if i didn't get my Clem dead just knowing that there is people out there are ready to kill her ruins my life i may not be able to sleep for a while after episode 4 comes out i don't care if i sound as pathetic guy who is overprotective over a 3d model but that's how i feel and if their any thing i can do to keep Clem alive and happy in non determinant state i'll do it even if i had to beg.

• I would not mind if it's determined but it would hate it if it's happens no matter what choices i make

• I prefer a she die 100% or she live 100%. not a determinant thing. multiple endings could kind of ruin an epic ending into 3-4 just good endings

• Determinant death is fine by me. Just don’t want Clem dying to be set in stone.

• This mascot's character is such a mess that multiple endings is kinda necessary.

hopefulfx posted: »

I prefer a she die 100% or she live 100%. not a determinant thing. multiple endings could kind of ruin an epic ending into 3-4 just good endings

• I think overall choices concerning Alvin determine your Clementine's final fate, I don't see it any other way - we shape AJ throughout the game for that one final choice which determines whether Clem lives or dies.

• Eh...it would be the last ditch effort to try and "redeem" the relationship system after they egregiously proved they really couldn't replicate it in ANF.

fallandir posted: »

I think overall choices concerning Alvin determine your Clementine's final fate, I don't see it any other way - we shape AJ throughout the game for that one final choice which determines whether Clem lives or dies.

• Yeah. It being up to AJ's ultimate choice through what we taught him seems logical. It seemed like foreshadowing depending on your choices with Abel, you were told it showed AJ whether killing is the best kind of mercy or if brutality is the best way to solve things. This would be the only way that these choices would have an actual consequence that we would feel.

fallandir posted: »

I think overall choices concerning Alvin determine your Clementine's final fate, I don't see it any other way - we shape AJ throughout the game for that one final choice which determines whether Clem lives or dies.

• Determinant characters are as good as dead in Telltale's Games, so i don't think i would like it if that is what going to happend in ep4!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.