Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season - Skybound Collector's Pack Announced!

edited February 2019 in The Walking Dead

Get your special physical copies here!

Skybound just announced that they're selling a pseudo-collector's edition of The Final Season for PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch consoles.

This Edition Includes:

- Physical game copy of the final season. Available for PS4, XBOX ONE, or Nintendo Switch.
- AJ Pin from Yesterdays. Wear AJ as your badge of honor: the journey never ends with our enamel pin that comes on custom a card back. Not sold elsewhere
- Stylized AJ 4" Vinyl Figure. Keep AJ close with this full color vinyl figure. Not sold elsewhere
- Exclusive items are packaged and shipped in a custom gift box, along with the Season 4 physical game.

product images not final
PRE-ORDER ENDS MARCH 17TH (or while supplies last)
For the first 24 hours, those with Skybound Insiders accounts can get 5% off their purchase.

NOTE: This item will ship in early July & cannot be combined with other shop purchase items.

https://store.skybound.com/products/telltales-the-walking-dead-season-4-collectors-edition

Comments

• 60 big ones? Man, that's a lot. My wallet is gonna be hurting.

• 60 dollars? Wtf

• I would've gotten it if it came with a Clem figure instead

• lol no thanks.

• OMG I can get a figurine of AJ having to do it to em!

RIP my wallet...

• Skybound, as much as I want to support you after you saved the season, I just can’t with this. I understand the $60 price tag, you need to make back the money somehow considering how you assumed the financial costs of producing Episodes 3 and 4 and didn’t have people who bought the game pay again. But with so little being offered for that much money, it’s out of my price range. Throw in some Clem stuff and we’ll talk, but AJ just isn’t enough to warrant a purchase that big.

• I already own the season pass but I went ahead and preordered the collectors pack. I was thinking of buying a physical copy for the sake of nostalgia and supporting Skybound, so this made it an easy purchase. I have no problem spending a few extra bucks after we almost didn't get the final 2 episodes, and I'll buy any other TWDG merch they end up releasing.

• Yeah, despite how cool it is that Skybound literally saved TFS (and is giving us some special physical edition) this is a pretty underwhelming product for the price.

Up here in Canada it's going for just under 80$ with their price conversion. I don't even want to know how much the shipping costs.

• Yeah... I'll just stick to buying their comics to support. I'll gladly pay $60 for Walking Dead compendium 4 when it releases, but these trinkets aren't enough to warrant an added $40 to the main game.

• edited February 2019

So I guess none of you guys were actually sad over Telltale going bankrupt?

Support isn't just typing words on the internet, it's also financial.

• edited February 2019

So I guess none of you guys were actually sad over Telltale going bankrupt?

Honest answer ? Not really,they had it coming.

So I guess none of you guys were actually sad over Telltale going bankrupt? Support isn't just typing words on the internet, it's also financial.

• Yeah, gonna go ahead and say Telltale likely ain't gettin none of the money this makes.

@Zombiekiller3121 Yeah... I'll just stick to buying their comics to support. I'll gladly pay $60 for Walking Dead compendium 4 when it releases, but these trinkets aren't enough to warrant an added $40 to the main game.

...TFS is $20?

So I guess none of you guys were actually sad over Telltale going bankrupt? Support isn't just typing words on the internet, it's also financial.

• OmG BrO YoU'rE So EdGy!

Seriously though, fuck you. 300 people lost their jobs, some of them STILL haven't found work. Everything about that comment is stupid and ignorant.

iFoRias posted: »

So I guess none of you guys were actually sad over Telltale going bankrupt? Honest answer ? Not really,they had it coming.

• To be fair, there were always people cursing Telltale's name and devaluing any of their non-TWDG [Season 1] efforts as far back as Season 2.5, with some going as far as to say things like they'd be extinct without it. It was only was The Final Season starting up and especially when most assumed it'd go unfinished after Telltale ironically did collapse that they changed their tune.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

OmG BrO YoU'rE So EdGy! Seriously though, fuck you. 300 people lost their jobs, some of them STILL haven't found work. Everything about that comment is stupid and ignorant.

• edited February 2019

Yeah i'm aware,what happened to the employees is sad but i'm not surprised,i expected them to go bankrupt after Wolf 2,it actually happened sooner.

But they treated their employees like shit,they had it coming.

And before someone says "yeah but they were starting to improve" it doesn't matter it was already too late.
    So blame Kevin Bruner and the shitty management for this.

OmG BrO YoU'rE So EdGy! Seriously though, fuck you. 300 people lost their jobs, some of them STILL haven't found work. Everything about that comment is stupid and ignorant.

• edited February 2019

I mean, I probably would buy it if it was Clem, but I really dont care for an AJ figurine. Like the no brainer choice to make people buy the collector edition is make it a Clem figure, but they didnt. (also I mean we dont even see what it looks like, it might be really shit quality. Lets not forget when they made a Lee action figure but Lee was white af)

• I dont want to be that guy, but theres been plenty of "after telling died" interviews, turns out not all the devs were saints. Apparently there was a ton of "cliques" and shit mostly among the devs who had a larger influence on the project, where if you didnt fit in your opinion was now invalid for the project, shit like that. Whole place seemed toxic. Terrible management, employees being dicks to each other because they didnt like their ideas. It was probs for the best Telltale did end seeing as it seems everything was toxic. It just sucks it died suddenly, instead of "This will be our last game and then we will close."

It sucks people lost their jobs, but it seems like everyone blames the higher management and only them. Im not going to act like they weren't a huge problem, but the devs were also a problem like it or not. Their quality kept dropping because the team behind the projects were no where near as talented as the people who used to work at Telltale, so people got bored and stop buying their games. Now the people making the game arnt that talented at telling a story, and they start forming cliques in the studio making divides in the team because they refuse to get along with each other. So add up terrible management, low talented devs forming cliques discrediting everyone who disagrees, low budget per game, and you get a company thats falling apart as its workers segregate themselves.

One example:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-19-the-last-year-at-telltale-a-story-cut-short

• Of course we're sad, but a company still needs to produce something that we feel is worth purchasing, and if they don't, I'm not going to spend my money on it. No offense to Skybound, but it's just not worth it for me personally on the price it's being sold for. Your argument is economically naive and financially irresponsible.

• For some reason you're expected to just suck companies off in the gaming industry. Kinda like back with the whole Diablo Immortal debacle where people were telling people who said they wont buy the game are just assholes.

Gaming Industry is still a business and theres supply and demand. If you supply what your consumers arnt demanding, they arnt going to buy it, you're supplying something with no demand. Its pretty simple. Not sure why every time a gaming company releases a product consumers clearly dont want you are now the bad guy for not buying it lmao

Of course we're sad, but a company still needs to produce something that we feel is worth purchasing, and if they don't, I'm not going to sp

• it is

DabigRG posted: »

Yeah, gonna go ahead and say Telltale likely ain't gettin none of the money this makes. @Zombiekiller3121 Yeah... I'll just stick to b

• tbh they should add the TWDG Collection. Should've been a Clem figure and AJ Pin. Come on Skybound, which smart person decided this was the best way for you to sell a collector's pack?

• Man, if the figure had both Clem and AJ like the cover I would buy this in a second but since I already have the game I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money.

• Ultimate business plan
    1. Budget machine breaks so no AJ wearing Kenny hat
    2. Clever businessmen/women allocate extra programming time to Kenny hat for Wellington ending
    3. Everyone loves how AJ wears Kenny's hat
    4. Skybound create merch of a Kenny hat that compliments AJ Pin
    5. Skybound get rich
    also it's cool how I can finally see my avatar

Pyreflie posted: »

Man, if the figure had both Clem and AJ like the cover I would buy this in a second but since I already have the game I can't bring myself to spend that kind of money.

• I want a disco broccoli t-shirt.

Ghetsis posted: »

Ultimate business plan 1. Budget machine breaks so no AJ wearing Kenny hat 2. Clever businessmen/women allocate extra programming time to

• Makes sense. If the head becomes trouble, then the other cells are gonna go awry at some point.

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont want to be that guy, but theres been plenty of "after telling died" interviews, turns out not all the devs were saints. Apparently th

• Honestly, objectively speaking, having exclusive merchandise of AJ with at least this makes more sense from a package mindset--you can't really get him with the other games, thus specifying this one.
    They'll probably do another thing later, if it isn't already going through final approves.
    The little card thing is a little weird, but whatever. Someone's buying that type of stuff.

• edited February 2019

Fuck Kevin Bruner. Making shit no one asked for like Batman and Guardians. If I were in charge "Wolf is one of our most well received games. Let's get a season 2 in the works." How Kevin runs his business "What do people like nowadays? Batman post the Dark Night trilogy? No? Fuck it, make the game anyway, but let's shit on the license that put us in the map in the first place cough walking dead cough

So I guess none of you guys were actually sad over Telltale going bankrupt? Honest answer ? Not really,they had it coming.

• That goddamned goatee bearded prick Bruner...

Fuck Kevin Bruner. Making shit no one asked for like Batman and Guardians. If I were in charge "Wolf is one of our most well received games.

• Batman was actually good though,both seasons.

But yeah no one was interested in Guardians or Minecraft Story mode,no one was interested in the dlc and no one wanted a SECOND season of Minecraft lol.

Fuck Kevin Bruner. Making shit no one asked for like Batman and Guardians. If I were in charge "Wolf is one of our most well received games.

• Doing more of the Minecraft, at the time, actually made some sense though as Season 1 was one of the only games, if not the only game, post S1 of TWD that actually made money. As much as we all like to shit on Minecraft, rightfully so, it's not all that good, it probably kept Telltale going for a little while longer. Though Season 2 bombed, after Season 1's commercial success, you can see why they went for the DLC and Season 2. Wolf might have been critically successful, but even with its fanbase, I don't think it performed all that well to make a profit.

Batman was actually good though,both seasons. But yeah no one was interested in Guardians or Minecraft Story mode,no one was interested in the dlc and no one wanted a SECOND season of Minecraft lol.

• The Batman games were good but they could have been better. Season 2 focused way too much on the undercover stuff and also you could see the rewrites when they reveal what the Pact needed to attack Lotus, they actually already had everything they needed before Riddler died, and the whole reveal of who killed Riddler being changed. Apparently Deadshot was scrapped from episode 3, so its probably a safe bet he was suppose to be the original killer.

That being said, Batman season 2 was def Telltale starting to go the right direction again, but it was way too late sadly. It sold better than Minecraft and GOTG, but considering how hard those were bombing, the bar was really low, so even though it sold better, it still sold like shit.

Batman was actually good though,both seasons. But yeah no one was interested in Guardians or Minecraft Story mode,no one was interested in the dlc and no one wanted a SECOND season of Minecraft lol.

• Apparently Minecraft Season 1 isnt that accurate. Apparently they made a really shitty deal with Microsoft so most of the money went to Microsoft and not Telltale. So it sold like Walking Dead Season 1, but they didnt make nearly the same amount of profit. They probably made another because Microsoft this time wouldnt get as much money, but season 2 bombed. My guess is that most of the sales were from young kids who didnt know what it was, and didnt like it and would rather watch a youtuber play. Then season 2 comes out, the kids just watch their favorite youtuber play as the game sells horridly.

Doing more of the Minecraft, at the time, actually made some sense though as Season 1 was one of the only games, if not the only game, post

• You know, it's funny, because not only is Batman actually kinda good, but Minecraft was apparently the biggest profit they've made in years.
    So-hohoho...!

• Minecraft s1 was a success among its demographic and was the only TT game besides TFS to feature a more dynamic combat system. It was actually more than decent and helped Telltale financially, I think it's obnoxious how much unwarranted hate it gets from people that the game wasn't even aimed at.

GotG was a waste of time, however. It made a few improvements on the formula but ultimately it was uninspired and nobody wanted it to begin with.

• Yeah, that's the vibe I got on the mention of it.
    Whereas stuff like The Walking Dead, Jurassic Park(sort of), & Batman have well known settings that can have stories to tell and series like Bone(I assume), Fables/The Wolf Among Us, and I guess for the sake of a third name Minecraft are properties that are niche enough in exposure/content to have an inherent charm factor to make people curious, Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't actually strike me as comfortably offering either of those things despite itself.
    Like, I really wasn't paying attention to most of Telltale's games outside of the first two, but didn't the movie(which is what the public would be most familiar with) come out, like, a year beforehand? And I might just boot up a Youtube playthrough one day down the line, but what was that thing even about?
    And no, don't say "anything."

Minecraft s1 was a success among its demographic and was the only TT game besides TFS to feature a more dynamic combat system. It was actual

• I think it's obnoxious how much unwarranted hate it gets from people that the game wasn't even aimed at.

I respectfully disagree to this statement.

I’m a huge fan of Minecraft, I’ve been a fan since the beta and have probably put in around 1000 hours into the game across multiple platforms. When I heard Telltale was making a story based game for Minecraft I was excited af. Minecraft has such a unique world and aethstetic with a super creative gameplay premise and a fun RPG like game mode, all it really needed was a story with lore to back up the universe. Minecraft Story Mode was such a huge disappointment because it basically wasn’t even about Minecraft, it just made up a random story and slapped on the Minecraft look with some nods towards some of Minecraft’s game mechanics. You could essentially take Minecraft Story Mode’s narrative and make a game that isn’t even about Minecraft. The game didn’t expand on the lore behind the world or the creatures at all and even made up things that aren’t even in Minecraft (like the “Wither Storm”). Not only that, but the game is simply terribly written and very cheesy. I know it’s a game targeted towards younger audiences, but that doesn’t mean adults who are fans of the source material (The actual Minecraft game) shouldn’t be able to enjoy it as well. They’re plenty of movies and Video games that are marketed towards children that can also be equally enjoyed by adults, movies and games like Toy story 1-3, The Lego Movie (and literally any LEGO game), and mostly any Nintendo franchise are all marketed towards children but can be enjoyable for all ages, Minecraft Story Mode failed to do this and made a story so contrived and soulless that any person passed the age of 13 could easily see the flaws in its narrative. I honestly thought Telltale could nail the game before it released because they’ve made some amazing games marketed towards children like Bone, Sam and Max, and Tales of Monkey Island, sadly I was wrong.

Minecraft s1 was a success among its demographic and was the only TT game besides TFS to feature a more dynamic combat system. It was actual

• Sorry to hear that you were disappointed by it. I was the opposite of you... I had never played Minecraft but bought MCSM to play with my kid. For a newbie like myself it felt like a lore rich world; I kept discovering new places like the end and the nether and I always felt out of my element. Looking back on it they could have done a lot more with the universe setting, but tbh the environments are well crafted and it feels like a huge world due to all the different settlements and people we encounter.

I think it's obnoxious how much unwarranted hate it gets from people that the game wasn't even aimed at. I respectfully disagree to

Sign in to comment in this discussion.