Will we even see the Delta?

I don't think so, not with only one episode left?

God bless everyone.

Comments

• edited February 2019

We probably won't which really sucks and makes you wonder why they even exist in the first place,Abel at the beginning of EP3 talks about them and makes you feel like they're gonna be relevant to the story but they're not.

I was personally more interested in the people the Delta are fighting against and their camp and wanted to learn more about them but i guess we can't always have what we want.

• Me too. Perhaps though they can't show it because imagine if rick are the people they fight against and the comic will eventually show delta.

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

iFoRias posted: »

We probably won't which really sucks and makes you wonder why they even exist in the first place,Abel at the beginning of EP3 talks about th

• No.
    I don't even know why people expected to see it tbh, it was obvious from the start we weren't gonna see the full delta community, only some part of it or not at all. (The boat)

• edited February 2019

The Delta--what about the people they were fighting?

That's what Episode 3 ended up wasting.

• True, if there were 5 episodes than I would probably say yes but with only one left there isn't enough time in my opinion.

God bless you.

No. I don't even know why people expected to see it tbh, it was obvious from the start we weren't gonna see the full delta community, only some part of it or not at all. (The boat)

• One implies the other in my opinion.

God bless you.

DabigRG posted: »

The Delta--what about the people they were fighting? That's what Episode 3 ended up wasting.

• Perhaps.

One implies the other in my opinion. Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• Abel said they're fighting bad people. Which of course could just be a lie and Delta are the real bad guys in the war

Me too. Perhaps though they can't show it because imagine if rick are the people they fight against and the comic will eventually show delta. Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• edited February 2019

This story is about Clem and the kids she is trying to protect. So questions about who the Delta is fighting are interesting, but ultimately irrelevant. Besides...if you consider the comics, the tv show and even A New Frontier...fans have been exposed to plenty of community vs. community conflict themes.

I believe we've been given a few hints in the game already...didn't Abel talk about communities up and down the coast fighting, including Richmond? Quite compelling to think that under Javi's leadership the New Frontier is knee-deep in conflict again. I also thought it was interesting what Lilly said when James was captured at the end of Episode 3...she stated (with some certainty I might add) that people like him are broken and of no use to civilized communities. Why make this assumption unless her group has come into direct contact with the Whisperers before?

The Delta--what about the people they were fighting? That's what Episode 3 ended up wasting.

• Except that the games have never done a proper three way conflict or rather one where there were two antagonistic forces to survive at once.

Quite compelling to think that under Javi's leadership the New Frontier is knee-deep in conflict again.

Is it though? Cause if so, what the fuck is he, Eleanor, Gabe, and if there Kate & Conrad doin to be wreckin the Delta's shit so bad that even Abel feels intimidated?

I also thought it was interesting what Lilly said when James was captured at the end of Episode 3...she stated (with some certainty I might add) that people like him are broken and of no use to civilized communities. Why make this assumption unless her group has come into direct contact with the Whisperers before?

Yeah, I figured that.

Pahn711 posted: »

This story is about Clem and the kids she is trying to protect. So questions about who the Delta is fighting are interesting, but ultimately

• edited February 2019

In the Walking Dead universe, the "bad guys" are very much a matter of perspective. Take the war between Rick's communities and the Saviors (on the tv show) for example....Rick racked up a pretty high death count before Negan intervened. You think the Saviors saw him as a good guy? Negan was the hero from their viewpoint.

Abel said they're fighting bad people. Which of course could just be a lie and Delta are the real bad guys in the war

• edited February 2019

Except that the games have never done a proper three way conflict or rather one where there were two antagonistic forces to survive at once.

True. Skybound asked the fans for suggestions on a new Walking Dead game they could potentially develop. My vote would be to play as leader of one of these communities....morality vs. survival, family vs. the greater good of the community...these themes aren't new by any stretch, but giving the player this level of power and consequence would make for interesting choices/conflicts.

Is it though? Cause if so, what the fuck is he, Eleanor, Gabe, and if there Kate & Conrad doin to be wreckin the Delta's shit so bad that even Abel feels intimidated?

Definitely leads to more questions than answers...which is why it is so compelling to me. Still, my money would be on the Whisperers...although I don't know how this fits into the timeline of the comics.

Except that the games have never done a proper three way conflict or rather one where there were two antagonistic forces to survive at once.

• edited February 2019

Hopefully, if we get a DLC and we might get a chance on what the Delta looks like.

• Play as Minerva during her year at Delta maybe? That'd be interesting. It'd start off with Marlon and Brody giving you away. We'd get more Abel and Lilly screen time. Which could help develop their characters better.

Hopefully, if we get a DLC and we might get a chance on what the Delta looks like.

• I pray an hope it comes to that, that’s what I hope it comes to not to mention we can see the other faction of the community of the North.

That would be worth playing.

Play as Minerva during her year at Delta maybe? That'd be interesting. It'd start off with Marlon and Brody giving you away. We'd get more Abel and Lilly screen time. Which could help develop their characters better.

• edited February 2019

I don’t mean to dash your hopes but...you do realize that Telltale went out of business because their storytelling formula got old, right?

If Skybound does commit resources to another Walking Dead game, would you seriously prefer they release a DLC with recycled secondary characters instead of something new and innovative?

Play as Minerva during her year at Delta maybe? That'd be interesting. It'd start off with Marlon and Brody giving you away. We'd get more Abel and Lilly screen time. Which could help develop their characters better.

• Well telltale games is no more But , don’t you want to know more I put about the Delta and the community of the North, I mean it’s still a mystery on who Lily’s group is fighting and leaving that on a mystery would be pretty pointless at this point.

I don’t mean to dash your hopes but...you do realize that Telltale went out of business because their storytelling formula got old, right?

• A DLC wouldn't be bad bad if they do it right

• That’s what I’m saying.

A DLC wouldn't be bad bad if they do it right

• edited February 2019

I was personally more interested in the people the Delta are fighting against

The way Abel describes them is pretty interesting, the fact that he says they’re “Sick Fucks” is bizarre considering the Delta is pretty fucking bad themselves. Like you could obviously make a worse group then the Delta but I doubt Telltale has the balls to go to that dark considering the series past. I find it odd that they would tease this major group and have them not tie in some how. Maybe the other group will be a big part of the ranch flashback considering how big this conflict apparently is. I recently found out that very early on in development they planned to have the ranch segment as a DLC episode which makes me believe this ranch flashback may reveal more then we think, I mean if they were planning to make a whole episode on it their must be something important there that could very likely tie into the current plot in TFS. If they never do anything with this other group it just wouldn’t make sense and be such a loose plot-thread.

One of the achievements had the title “Better Life” with the description of “Trusted someone else”, this was later changed to “Promise”. The original title sounds like Clementine trusts someone other then the kids at the boarding school and finds a “better life” in maybe a new community/group which could possibly be this group Delta is at war with. It sounds lame when I explain it but maybe joining this group/community comes at some sort of cost. This is definitely not a solid theory I’m just speculating at this point, anything could happen really.

iFoRias posted: »

We probably won't which really sucks and makes you wonder why they even exist in the first place,Abel at the beginning of EP3 talks about th

• Gonna go ahead and link this since I don't know if I'll bother writing something new for it.

• edited March 2019

Not necessarily. It went into the hole after the ANF mess. Not because of the "storytelling dormula". And a plethera of games being created that some nobody asked for or ones that were good but not given the proper marketing and crunch time and the internal mess with spending too much.

• Because they've been pushing Delta since ep 2 so it's kind of sad that we will probably never see it.

God bless you.

No. I don't even know why people expected to see it tbh, it was obvious from the start we weren't gonna see the full delta community, only some part of it or not at all. (The boat)

• I don't know man, am I the only one who realized they were never gonna show it ? I mean it's clear they don't have the budget for that kind of shit.
    Plus it would enter comic book territory (Who are the delta fighting ?).

For me it was obvious from the start we were never gonna see the full delta community and I feel bad for those who thought different.

Because they've been pushing Delta since ep 2 so it's kind of sad that we will probably never see it. Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• edited March 2019

Theres been a plethora of gaming articles over the last few years about why the Telltale formula had become "old" and "stale"....so its not just my opinion. At the very least, the stories and gameplay could use more complexity.

We don't even know for sure if Skybound will produce another Walking Dead title...but if we are lucky enough, lets hope they take a fresh perspective that can revitalize the series. Clem's story is about to end...is a continuation via DLC really the best way to move forward and draw in new fans?

Dan10 posted: »

Not necessarily. It went into the hole after the ANF mess. Not because of the "storytelling dormula". And a plethera of games being created

• edited March 2019

The way Abel describes them is pretty interesting, the fact that he says they’re “Sick Fucks” is bizarre considering the Delta is pretty fucking bad themselves. Like you could obviously make a worse group then the Delta but I doubt Telltale has the balls to go to that dark considering the series past.

The Delta (at least initially) tried to peacefully recruit people to help defend their community. Things obviously got out of hand (deaths on both sides)...but if they truly have a community worth fighting for, then I have difficulty labeling them as pure bad guys. Its a matter of perspective and we haven't seen enough of their community yet to make a proper judgement.

Lets remember some of the "dark" groups from Season 1: the Save Lots Bandits (what they did to Jolene's daughter), the St. Johns (cannibalism), and Crawford (abortions and exiles). So I'm not sure what you mean about the "series past"...although I agree that the villainous groups of Seasons 2 and 3 did not rise to the same level (which could explain in part why they weren't as successful as S1).

One of the achievements had the title “Better Life” with the description of “Trusted someone else”, this was later changed to “Promise”.

Where are you getting this information? Just curious...

I was personally more interested in the people the Delta are fighting against The way Abel describes them is pretty interesting, the

• Agree with you 100%. This is Clem's story and they only had 4 episodes to finish it. The Delta just provides a vehicle by which Lilly could re-enter the story and be in conflict with Clem's group.

I don't know man, am I the only one who realized they were never gonna show it ? I mean it's clear they don't have the budget for that kind

• I think you meant that she serves as a vehicle to have the Delta being straightforward bad guys without "needing" development.

Agree with you 100%. This is Clem's story and they only had 4 episodes to finish it. The Delta just provides a vehicle by which Lilly could re-enter the story and be in conflict with Clem's group.

• edited March 2019

Its entirely possible (and probable) that the Delta is a good community worth going to extremes to protect. But from Clem's perspective they are bad guys...and within this limited scope, that may be all that matters.

I do wonder...will we learn more about the Delta if Lilly was spared, or less? The potential of that decision to drive two very different paths in the final episode is exciting (and is the first time I legitimately felt I needed multiple playthrough saves ready to go).

I think you meant that she serves as a vehicle to have the Delta being straightforward bad guys without "needing" development.

• I meant from a story writing standpoint.

You're not wrong, but still.

I do wonder...will we learn more about the Delta if Lilly was spared, or less?

I mean, I suppose there would be a theoretical chance. Which is very unlikely at this rate.

Its entirely possible (and probable) that the Delta is a good community worth going to extremes to protect. But from Clem's perspective they

• Yeah maybe it's Rick and them, or A new frontier since Abel did mention Richmond.

God bless you.

Abel said they're fighting bad people. Which of course could just be a lie and Delta are the real bad guys in the war

• Would make sense if The Delta was fighting Ricks group I mean reading TWD comics back in the day Ri k did some savage stuff,so it’s possible.

Yeah maybe it's Rick and them, or A new frontier since Abel did mention Richmond. Thank you for the comment. God bless you.

• It is possible that that's why will not see them in the game so that the comics can introduce the base.

Would make sense if The Delta was fighting Ricks group I mean reading TWD comics back in the day Ri k did some savage stuff,so it’s possible.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.