I Really Don’t Like The Way They Made Clementine Look In TFS

Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
edited March 2019 in The Walking Dead

If they were going for a more matured look, this wasn’t it. She doesn’t look any older than she did in ANF. Not only that, but her skin tone is way off by like a lot. I know S1 and S2 clem had lighter complexions that are closer to TFS Clementine, but if ANF is canon, there’s no real reason why she she should look as bright as she does. Reverse tanning doesn’t exist. Aside from skin tones, her overall appearance in ANF and TFS don’t transition well. It’s almost like when actresses in TV and movies get replaced by someone who looks somewhat like the old actress, but not enough to not notice the swap.
I think they should’ve just done a copy-and-paste with a few minor buffs to her in TFS at most.

Lee still looks the same since S1, only difference is he looks more realistic and has a more fleshier skin tone with better textures.

That said, they easily could’ve pulled off Clementine’s look from ANF in TFS. Why they didn’t do so is beyond me because she doesn’t look any better, thats for sure. Let me know what you think

Comments

• edited March 2019

Clem's model definitely has the be the most annoyingly inconsistent thing about this series.

It's like TT couldn't decide if they wanted to stick with her passing for black or just settle on making her racially ambiguous.

I agree about her skin tone and her facial features. Clem as a child in S1 has clearly defined features for her model. She has a flat nose and curly hair. She's light-skinned.

It's very jarring because in real life people don't outgrow or suddenly morph out of the features they're born with -- even as we grow from children to teenagers to adults.

We actually grow into them. Clem should still have the flat nose and kinky ball of hair she had as a child. Infact, those features would even be more prominent as she got older.

The skin tone thing in ANF was overall weird through. That whole season had models with the same shiny swarthy look. But I thought it was obvious her skin was meant to be darkened, especially when you compare her to the obviously white, pale characters (like Tripp) and obviously black characters (like Ava). Ava and her share similar skin tones. TT weren't trying to be ambiguous there.

The jump from her ANF self to her TFS self is is almost immersion-breaking. She's only fours year older and somehow is close to looking like a completely different person.

Overall I don't even like the TFS look just on an aesthetic level. She looks less unique and more generic, something that was opposite with all her designs from S1-S3.

You're right that it feels like when a show replaces a well-known unique character with another actor.

I wished they kept and slightly updated the ANF look.

• edited March 2019

This McCarroll Ranch version of Clem was in the PAX demo. I wonder if it's a rework of ANF Clem or simply an early version of TFS Clem.

Can't tell.

But I love this disheveled, glassy-eyed look to Clem. Looks like she went through the depths of hell just to find AJ.

• Dex-StarrDex-Starr Banned
    edited March 2019

Beta Clem looks like she's been through the depths of dumpsters just to find old, half eaten food :D

This McCarroll Ranch version of Clem was in the PAX demo. I wonder if it's a rework of ANF Clem or simply an early version of TFS Clem. C

edited March 2019

It's like TT couldn't decide if they wanted to stick with her passing for black or just settle on making her racially ambiguous.

She's like the Zendaya Coleman of TWDG

The jump from her ANF self to her TFS self is almost immersion-breaking. She's only fours year older and somehow is close to looking like a completely different person.

Yeah. You could see they were trying to make it still look like her, but they changed her look waaay too much.

I wished they kept and slightly updated the ANF look.

Same here. That was the better look between the two models hands-down

Overall I don't even like the TFS look just on an aesthetic level

Same. The look of ANF was perfect imo. The only minor issue was that a few female characters looked like they were wearing makeup at times, and the texture of certain things. For example, when Clementine's face was looking glossy as hell like a plastic doll when Javi was cutting her hair.

Clem's model definitely has the be the most annoyingly inconsistent thing about this series. It's like TT couldn't decide if they wanted

• She looks ok, the ANF version makes me wanna throw up

• She looks ok

It's not that TFS Clem looks bad, her appearance just didn't have a smooth transition from ANF to TFS. That and ANF Clem looks a lot better than TFS Clem in terms of their respective appearances.

the ANF version makes me wanna throw up

She looks ok, the ANF version makes me wanna throw up

• nah she looks great now.

• yo did this man just say he likes anf clem over tfs clem?

• Yeah, I don't really like the dull colored Hell's Angels look either, but whatever.

• It's the same model, just editted in part to test out the newer shading and detailing style TFS would use..

This McCarroll Ranch version of Clem was in the PAX demo. I wonder if it's a rework of ANF Clem or simply an early version of TFS Clem. C

• edited March 2019

I like the way she looks.

edited March 2019

????

BigBadPaul posted: »

• I guess the real problem was ANF Clementine. That looked bad. I'm happy that they changed it even if it doesn't make 100% sense. I'm fine with TFS Clementine's look. But there are a lot of other things that I don't like about Clem's character.

• Like what?

@BigBadPaul I like the way she looks.

Ghetsis posted: »

I guess the real problem was ANF Clementine. That looked bad. I'm happy that they changed it even if it doesn't make 100% sense. I'm fine with TFS Clementine's look. But there are a lot of other things that I don't like about Clem's character.

• I wish I could easily go back to my convo with deltino about it, it's quite a personal opinion though, rather lots of opinions.

DabigRG posted: »

Like what? @BigBadPaul I like the way she looks.

• What, in like the Unpopular Opinion thread or something?

Ghetsis posted: »

I wish I could easily go back to my convo with deltino about it, it's quite a personal opinion though, rather lots of opinions.

• I don't think so.

• It's not that TFS Clem looks bad, her appearance just didn't have a smooth transition from ANF to TFS

That's because ANF isn't even canon

Dex-Starr posted: »

She looks ok It's not that TFS Clem looks bad, her appearance just didn't have a smooth transition from ANF to TFS. That and ANF Cle

• ......A-are you serious?

It's not that TFS Clem looks bad, her appearance just didn't have a smooth transition from ANF to TFS That's because ANF isn't even canon

• That meme looks so wrong???????

BigBadPaul posted: »

• Ikr.

????

• I thought TFS Clementine looks great but ANF Clementine is kinda daul .

• I actually love Clem's TFS look.

• More than her ANF look?

trishaharry posted: »

I actually love Clem's TFS look.

• Yes! I was happy enough with her ANF look but never loved it. I love her TFS look.

More than her ANF look?

• Anf clem wasn't clem bro not her personality not her looks, TFS did her look and personality justice like it or not.

edited March 2019

Uhhhh, S2 Clementine was a pretty cold person if the player wanted her to be. She can blackmail Alvin, she can Blackmail Sarah and be cruel to her, she can Blackmail Rebecca, she can shoot Kenny in the head, and she can point her gun at that family and threaten them at the end of S2 if you go with Jane. Her and ANF Clem are closer in character than her and TFS Clem.

Anf clem wasn't clem bro not her personality not her looks, TFS did her look and personality justice like it or not.

• I do think her current look represents her well. The only thing that makes her look abnormal is her eyes. They look unusually huge compared to the rest of her face.

• I thought Clementine had a personality though?
    Also, the hairstyle.

Anf clem wasn't clem bro not her personality not her looks, TFS did her look and personality justice like it or not.

• True about s2 but clem shoots that guy in anf in ep1 even if u played clem passive as fuck so I don't think that clem is canon.

Uhhhh, S2 Clementine was a pretty cold person if the player wanted her to be. She can blackmail Alvin, she can Blackmail Sarah and be cruel

• edited March 2019

Personality depending on ur choices not just in your face actions that clem did in anf.

I thought Clementine had a personality though? Also, the hairstyle.

• I know, just snipin from two ends.

Personality depending on ur choices not just in your face actions that clem did in anf.

• I don't like the ANF model either. She looks too "plastic" in the face. Like some wax doll. If I wanted that, I'd watch Disney princesses again (shudder). I don't like the Barbie Elsa/Anna faces.

• Clem can be a pretty cold version in all versions so what's your point? Clementine is so malleable that it's hard to tell who she "really" is because that's up to player choice and interpretation. She can be just as cold in TFS. She can tell AJ he was justified, lie to Abel about mercy killing him, then let him turn anyway, tell AJ to kill Lily, etc.

Uhhhh, S2 Clementine was a pretty cold person if the player wanted her to be. She can blackmail Alvin, she can Blackmail Sarah and be cruel

• Lol, doesn’t Clem’s face use the same model as Mariana?

Fuck ANF, Clementine looks great in TFS and she actually looks like her S2 model grown up.

edited March 2019

Clem can be a pretty cold version in all versions so what's your point?

When was she cold in S1? In S2 the player could choose to make her a cold person, but in ANF, when she was acting upon her own free will, thinking her own thoughts and not the players, she was cold without a doubt. In TFS, the player can choose to make her cold as well. To say “That’s not her” when that has definitely been her doesn’t make sense. Thats my point.

Clem can be a pretty cold version in all versions so what's your point? Clementine is so malleable that it's hard to tell who she "really" i

• The same model as TFS...?

It's the same model, just editted in part to test out the newer shading and detailing style TFS would use..

• She definitely looks mature in TFS idk what you're talking about.

And when it comes to her skin tone, the thing that's actually really confusing is that, in all seasons, physically everything besides her skin is Caucasian american, even tho both her parents are black. Which makes her ethnicity still unclear.

• Clementine shooting Kenny in the head is non-canon.

• As ANF.

The same model as TFS...?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.