Christa and Molly’s fates?

I get it.. if an apocalypse really happened, some people you’d just never see again and not know their fate. But in story purposes we usually find out.

But as far as I remember, these are the only two main characters in the gaming series (that aren’t with Clementine at the end) who’s fates aren’t dead or determinant.

I thought we’d find out at least one of their fates in the final season, but we didn’t.

So shall we speculate??

Comments

• Christa's likely still out there somewhere. She had to recover from losing Omid, Christa Jr., and then Clementine, not to mention being hounded by the North Carolina Scavengers, but she's out there. She was a shrewd one.

Molly doesn't really matter. She left of her own accord and didn't have anything tying her down.

• Arvo and Mike are also unknown and not dead/determinant.

• That’s true. I forgot about them completely to be honest

• What about Queen Jane?

• She gets pregnant no matter what - so she's most likely dead no matter the route you take, sorry, mate

What about Queen Jane?

• You got me right in the feels, man.

She gets pregnant no matter what - so she's most likely dead no matter the route you take, sorry, mate

• It is the perfect ending for them to never return because they would've just been pointlessly killed off or severely mishandled.

• Like the useless return of Eddie; however, I am glad he is dead because I never liked him nor understood the craze.

Chibikid posted: »

It is the perfect ending for them to never return because they would've just been pointlessly killed off or severely mishandled.

• I am absolutely perplexed as to why they brought him back for such a completely meaningless death fodder.

Like the useless return of Eddie; however, I am glad he is dead because I never liked him nor understood the craze.

• Fan-service; there is no other justification.

I am absolutely perplexed as to why they brought him back for such a completely meaningless death fodder.

• I wouldn't even call it that since nearly nobody was asking for Eddie as a recurring character this season at all. And all ALL the characters to bring back for fanservice it makes no sense why Eddie of all people would be chosen even out of the 400 days cast.

Fan-service; there is no other justification.

• My thoughts on Christa and Molly

• I disliked ‘400 Days’, but him and Nate were the most favoured characters.

I wouldn't even call it that since nearly nobody was asking for Eddie as a recurring character this season at all. And all ALL the character

• I did like Eddie a lot, but I would have brought him back as a supporting cast member in EP1 depending on whether you left Eddie behind in Wyatt's story during 400 days. And depending on your choices during 400 days that Nate would be a returning anti-hero like character that school encounters.

That would've been a far better use of fanservice of the characters to me personally than just a rather odd thor away death scene for no reason.

I disliked ‘400 Days’, but him and Nate were the most favoured characters.

• I see what you mean, but my perspective on the final season would not have been any different regardless of their appearance. ?

I did like Eddie a lot, but I would have brought him back as a supporting cast member in EP1 depending on whether you left Eddie behind in W

• What makes Eddie a little more egregious is the fact that he was as good as dead canonically speaking.

• It most likely wouldn't, but it could if Telltale really put the work into distinctively molding each pathways with those characters that led down varying paths.

I see what you mean, but my perspective on the final season would not have been any different regardless of their appearance. ?

• The illusion of choice; es la vida.

It most likely wouldn't, but it could if Telltale really put the work into distinctively molding each pathways with those characters that led down varying paths.

• He was introduced as a turd and died as one. Good riddance! Adios bitchacho.

DabigRG posted: »

What makes Eddie a little more egregious is the fact that he was as good as dead canonically speaking.

• Or lack thereof in the season finale more so.

The illusion of choice; es la vida.

• Haa! So true. ?

Or lack thereof in the season finale more so.

• I meant within 400 Days.

He was introduced as a turd and died as one. Good riddance! Adios bitchacho.

• Either way, bye Felicia. xo

I meant within 400 Days.

• It makes so for us to never see Molly but I wish we could have known what happen to Christa. Probably dead.

• edited March 2019

I honestly think it is best just to leave the fate of these types of characters unanswered than to shoe horn in an answer into the series. There was no reason at all to bring Lilly back in the final game and her character seemed really forced back into the story.

Go read fanfiction series if you are really concerned about their fate.

• edited March 2019

plays Otis Day's Shout

Molly got drafted, went to Viet Nam, and got fragged by her squad

Christa got drafted, went to Viet Nam, and got fragged by her squad

Arvo got drafted, went to Viet Nam, and got fragged by his squad

If alive, Kenny went back to school, got his GED, and became an ordained minister in the Church of the Subgenius

Wyatt, Russell, Vince, Tavia, Shel and Becca got drafted, went to Viet Nam, and got fragged by their squad

• An inside joke among devs (Eddie is based on someone who worked on the ranch "level"), and also because it's a goddamn video game. Lighten up, Francis.

I am absolutely perplexed as to why they brought him back for such a completely meaningless death fodder.

• I do understand it's a game, but joke or not it was still a wasteful death.

An inside joke among devs (Eddie is based on someone who worked on the ranch "level"), and also because it's a goddamn video game. Lighten up, Francis.

• lol I did wonder what happened to him

I wouldn't even call it that since nearly nobody was asking for Eddie as a recurring character this season at all. And all ALL the character

• I figured the entire 400 days cast was killed off or fell into irrelevancy limbo after being discarded by Telltale.

lol I did wonder what happened to him

• id say they re prime DLC material, either a miniseries or a 400 days kind of deal to wrap up every question, well if skybound wants to do dlc of course.

• Molly can die in S1 and Christa's death is suggested in S2.

Both dead in determinant terms.

• Molly can't die in S1, she just leaves on her own if shot, and Christa's death is no more suggested than her being alive. As multiple TT devs (and even Mellissa Hutchinson) have said when asked many times about Christa - her fate is just unknown

Molly can die in S1 and Christa's death is suggested in S2. Both dead in determinant terms.

• Nope she's suggested to die if Lee shoots her or fails to shoot the walkers.

Very last glimpse of her is fighting the walkers, not escaping, and with a pretty useless arm.

Lee recounts to Clementine "she didn't make it".

Cheddarhead posted: »

Molly can't die in S1, she just leaves on her own if shot, and Christa's death is no more suggested than her being alive. As multiple TT devs (and even Mellissa Hutchinson) have said when asked many times about Christa - her fate is just unknown

• But she's not suggested to die, she just disappears off-screen. That kind of 'death' means absolutely nothing, as proven by Kenny (whose death was much more strongly implicit)

Nope she's suggested to die if Lee shoots her or fails to shoot the walkers. Very last glimpse of her is fighting the walkers, not escaping, and with a pretty useless arm. Lee recounts to Clementine "she didn't make it".

• No it wasn't. Kenny's fake death was pretty obvious.

They cut out his actual death sequence which involved death gurgling.

Cheddarhead posted: »

But she's not suggested to die, she just disappears off-screen. That kind of 'death' means absolutely nothing, as proven by Kenny (whose death was much more strongly implicit)

• And even then it was much more of a definitive death than Molly's, I don't really see your argument here

No it wasn't. Kenny's fake death was pretty obvious. They cut out his actual death sequence which involved death gurgling.

• Molly was originally supposed to essentially commit suicide, but they decided against it. The gunshot exit is seemingly just an attention to detail they put in for reality's sake.

• They gave it to my Queen instead. ?

Molly was originally supposed to essentially commit suicide, but they decided against it. The gunshot exit is seemingly just an attention to detail they put in for reality's sake.

• Substitute alert.

They gave it to my Queen instead. ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.