The S2 endings vs TFS ending

I'm curious,did some of you liked the S2 endings more than TFS ending ? Do you prefer determinant endings like S2 had or do you prefer having one ending forced on everyone ? If you hated TFS ending would you just consider the Wellington ending to be the "true" ending to the series ?

I'm interested to read people's opinions about this as TFS ending is still a "hot" topic.

Comments

• Yes, I liked Leaving with Kenny ending MUCH better than TFS.

• Each ending in S2 is good because of its execution. My favorite however is Clem going off with Kenny into the unknown. Their destination is uncertain but they have each other. And as long as they have each other; they'll be ok. TFS is also good. Clem finally got a happy ending. S1-S3 end with Clem venturing into the unknown. But the TFS season shows that she's done running. She's finally found the home that Lee always wanted for her.

• Season 2 probably had the best endings before ANF came and ruined it all. I feel like everyone could have Clem in a place they would be happy with her having and it was based on what the player chose.

• Telltale should have just been patient and put more into ANF. It would've been fine if Kenny/Jane died but they should've waited till the end of the season. If Kenny/Jane died protecting Clem at the end of ANF - I think it would have been better received.

Poogers555 posted: »

Season 2 probably had the best endings before ANF came and ruined it all. I feel like everyone could have Clem in a place they would be happy with her having and it was based on what the player chose.

• Can't wait until the post-finale euphoria ends and the hype dies around this season.

No way on an actual critical and narrative level is the TFS ending better than Season 1 or Season 2.

it's only marginally better than ANF's endings but that's not saying much because literally anything is better than ANF.

• Exactly it was the perfect mix.

But somehow including multiple endings in TFS would have been a bad thing. We get an ending no one worked for or had any input. A complete misstep.

Poogers555 posted: »

Season 2 probably had the best endings before ANF came and ruined it all. I feel like everyone could have Clem in a place they would be happy with her having and it was based on what the player chose.

• TFS ending, Clementines smile brings me hope in life, (metaphorically speaking).

• Part of me preferred season 2 more because I cried like a bitch during all 4 endings, however S4 was more emotionally satisfying because it showed us that the entire journey throughout S1-3 as well as Lee’s sacrifice in season 1 wasn’t for nothing, and we finally got the ending that Clementine deserved and that all of those who died protecting her died for. So they’re both good in their own different ways, but the ending with the most fulfilment of purpose would have to be S4

• Amen.

Melton23 posted: »

Part of me preferred season 2 more because I cried like a bitch during all 4 endings, however S4 was more emotionally satisfying because it

• S2's ending was far more superior to TFS ending for multiple reasons.

• Why are you such a dick? ? there are plenty of things I don’t like, I absolutely abhorred the emoji movie, every DC movie ever (including “the good ones”) the Witcher 3 and the division but I don’t go around telling people that they are wrong about liking those things and that I can’t wait until they share the same opinion as me. Normal people don’t care about these things, and that’s what makes us less ignorant.

Can't wait until the post-finale euphoria ends and the hype dies around this season. No way on an actual critical and narrative level is

• Personally, I felt the S2 endings pulled the pin and tossed a grenade into the game. The split relied on one initial binary choice that was very limited in spite of seemingly having other solutions (kill Kenny or Jane) that came from very forced combat at the end of the season. It really didn’t seem to reflect what happened in the season except for the very last part of it. Worse still, that split put the audience into factions in a really ugly way and resulted in a huge amount of negativity. And for some people it seemed to lead to completely unrealistic expectations for season 3. They could never make essentially four different games or so for season 3 to truly carry on your choices.

So no, I far prefer the end of TFS which did essentially what S1 did - it committed to the ending of the story they wanted to tell. How you get there and some details can change but it’s all designed to lead to that ending.

• I don't think you can really compare them tbh. S2 kinda made sense to have multiple endings but the second we knew there was going to be a S3, you kinda knew that Telltale would sync it up so everyone started in the same place regardless of their S2 endings. Unforunetly they took the focus away from Clem when her journey wasn't over. If they had finished Clems story first then TNF MAY have been better recieved.
    For THS it would have been nice to have multiple endings but at the same time, I'm kinda glad we don't. This way we have an "official" ending. There's no good or bad ending. Clem is alive and just like Melton23 says!

"Lee’s sacrifice in season 1 wasn’t for nothing, and we finally got the ending that Clementine deserved and that all of those who died protecting her died for. "

• Is this a trick question? I was with my Queen Mary-Jane, so what do you think? Plus, by now I am sure most individuals know my opinion on the final season. xo

• No one was realistically hoping for four different games for season 3 though lmao

BeefJerkyX posted: »

Personally, I felt the S2 endings pulled the pin and tossed a grenade into the game. The split relied on one initial binary choice that was

• Yeah Clem's story definitely should have ended at the end of season 2. Her character went nowhere but downhill after that.

• I ultimately still like Clementine's character arc, but if the TWD had strictly ended at Season 2 and literally nothing else came afterwards I don't think anyone would be upset that Clementine's story wasn't further explored.

The problem with Clem from a meta standpoint is that it seemed TT had every intention of milking her character as long as there were financial incentives. That likely also went for every other game TT produced. Remember that Clem becoming a protagonist was made on a suggestive whim after the crazy success of S1.

So the development of Clem never had the most narrative foresight, and I think foresight is the most important thing you can do when trying to construct a proper character arc and not just something you make up as you go along.

sony12 posted: »

Yeah Clem's story definitely should have ended at the end of season 2. Her character went nowhere but downhill after that.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.