Comments

• If my mother or sibling got pissed at me for not bringing food or water for one or the other, even though I had to room to carry both, I’d shoot them both right there and then.

• Starved for Help comes to mind.

Melton23 posted: »

If my mother or sibling got pissed at me for not bringing food or water for one or the other, even though I had to room to carry both, I’d shoot them both right there and then.

• Larry was the only one who was pissed at me in that instance and I would have helped kill him if an 8 year old wasn’t in the room

patrickrc95 posted: »

Starved for Help comes to mind.

• LuL

Melton23 posted: »

Larry was the only one who was pissed at me in that instance and I would have helped kill him if an 8 year old wasn’t in the room

• Sounds like an interesting combination of ideas from other games. Dragon Age 2's style of whichever gender you choose, alters the gender of the younger sibling. Last of Us's style of being able to use environmental items to distract the infected. Inventory management of the Resident Evil series.

I admit, it'd be interesting to be able to select which gender of character you're playing, however from a budget perspective that might be out of their capabilities unless they're going for their first AAA title. It'd require the main protagonist be voiced by two separate performers ( or could provide both a male and female voice, there are a lot of women and a few men capable of doing that convincingly ). That'd be expensive for the recording sessions.

I'm really uncertain with having the main character be so young. It'd be far more practical if they were a teen to be an older teen. Ideally I'd prefer an adult character, however an older teen would still be alright. The issue with someone as young as thirteen being the main protagonist becomes why would ANY parent choose to send their thirteen year old into human feasting fiend territory when they could leave them to watch the younger sibling and face the danger themselves. The chances that they'd be eaten, beaten, killed, or possibly raped by unknown degenerates in a lawless world should deter them.

• edited April 2019

I'm really uncertain with having the main character be so young. It'd be far more practical if they were a teen to be an older teen. Ideally I'd prefer an adult character, however an older teen would still be alright. The issue with someone as young as thirteen being the main protagonist becomes why would ANY parent choose to send their thirteen year old into human feasting fiend territory when they could leave them to watch the younger sibling and face the danger themselves. The chances that they'd be eaten, beaten, killed, or possibly raped by unknown degenerates in a lawless world should deter them.

There would also be an older brother there with them to lend support, or rather the player would be the one helping the brother. The reason for having the younger protagonist is to essentially build up a new child survivor like how Clementine was for future installments.

Poptarts posted: »

Sounds like an interesting combination of ideas from other games. Dragon Age 2's style of whichever gender you choose, alters the gender of

• The reason for having the younger protagonist is to essentially build up a new child survivor like how Clementine was for future installments.

That would be the reason I'm so hesitant to have a child as the protagonist. Season 2, for me at least, seemed less effectual for the rest of the cast because we were playing young Clementine rather than someone looking after Clementine's interests. It forces the awkward player moments of adults following a leader that logically makes no sense to give the player that creative choice control or having a child character do what the adults would normally step up to do to give the player action in the story.

patrickrc95 posted: »

I'm really uncertain with having the main character be so young. It'd be far more practical if they were a teen to be an older teen. Ideally

• Season 2, for me at least, seemed less effectual for the rest of the cast because we were playing young Clementine rather than someone looking after Clementine's interests. It forces the awkward player moments of adults following a leader that logically makes no sense to give the player that creative choice control or having a child character do what the adults would normally step up to do to give the player action in the story.

Well, the child protagonist in this case would be 13 years old instead of 11 like how Clementine was in Season 2. A difference that could significantly impact the new protagonist's role in a group setting, especially considering that they would also have a younger sibling to look after. Furthermore the choice system in Season 2 was severely limited by that game's budget at the time that it came out. This wouldn't necessarily be the case with the Reboot.

• edited April 2019

I don’t like the idea of choosing your gender/character, it feels like such an unnecessary addition that would waste development time that could be used to do something more interesting. Hiring multiple VA’s to record all that shit would just be a total waste of the (most likely) already limited budget.

• Well they did the gender switch with Minecraft so it’s not that impossible ?‍♂️

Poptarts posted: »

Sounds like an interesting combination of ideas from other games. Dragon Age 2's style of whichever gender you choose, alters the gender of

• True

Erinour posted: »

Well they did the gender switch with Minecraft so it’s not that impossible ?‍♂️

• I don't like the idea of the pre-established relationships. Never works well.

• The Zombie genre is do saturated that you need much more things or new mechanics or good story to stand out.
    Choices should matter much more.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.