The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition Discussion

Comments

• Yeah my main issue is 100% how the collection came out. Seems like all they will do is the lighting again, all models and polygon and textures wont be touched. Watch it be the exact same as the collection lmao

And even if it does overall look nicer, it still isnt enough for me to go repurchase the whole series, a true remaster with higher poly models and sharper textures is what would have me interested in buy it, something that would feel like Im really replaying a remaster instead of looking like Im playing with a filter on.

AChicken posted: »

Wow. Interesting of Skybound to do this. Really cool stuff. So, lemme get this straight, the basic edition 'the protector pack' has the b

• However, knowing what the Collection ended up being its probably best to play it safe and wait for it.

They've talked about how they're going to use the "same models as Collection, but updates to lighting, new shaders, and a tonnnnn of bug fixes and missing content issues caused by Collection resolved and made more like the original releases."

It really seems like this will be the collecters edition we should have gotten in the first place. Plus they're bringing back the old menus!

AChicken posted: »

Wow. Interesting of Skybound to do this. Really cool stuff. So, lemme get this straight, the basic edition 'the protector pack' has the b

• WTF will happen to the poor suckers (coughMEcough) who bought the collection at FULL PRICE!?

Congratulations, you’re now the proud owner of one of the rarest games in existence.

Alright I caved in. I was able to abstain from TFS Collector’s edition but that Lee and Clementine figure was just too good. I also started

• edited April 2019

It'll be really interesting to see how the graphic black looks with season 1. I foresee that the attic scene with the walker boy will be particular good looking with the sunlight shining through the little window. Also Lee tearing his way through the horde of walkers!

Apparently Javiers model in particular looks great in the new lighting. Aw yeah mah boy is gonna look even more handsome than he already is! Swoons.

• Fanbase for years: "PLZ TELLTALE GIVE US MERCH WE WILL BUY LITERALLY ANYTHING IT DOESNT MATTER THE COST"

Fanbase once Skybound offers plethora of awesome merch: "WOW WAT A SCAM DO THEY THINK I HAVE MONEY TO SPEND OR SOMETHING GOOD GOD"

• True

Fanbase for years: "PLZ TELLTALE GIVE US MERCH WE WILL BUY LITERALLY ANYTHING IT DOESNT MATTER THE COST" Fanbase once Skybound offers plethora of awesome merch: "WOW WAT A SCAM DO THEY THINK I HAVE MONEY TO SPEND OR SOMETHING GOOD GOD"

• What?!? How the hell is the Signature Edition already sold out? It's been less than a day since it was announced. Damnit, I was going to get it, too.

• Fanbase for years: "PLZ TELLTALE GIVE US MERCH WE WILL BUY LITERALLY ANYTHING IT DOESNT MATTER THE COST"

I've never said that "i would buy literally anything it doesnt matter the cost" and i'm sure some other people have never said that as well so get off your high horse and stop speaking for the whole fanbase not everyone has to be ok with how expensive those packs are,and it's fine.

Personally i think these packs are too expensive for what's little is in there,especially the 350$ pack where you're just paying 100$ more for just signatures from the cast and kirkman and some box apparently,i don't think it's really worth it so i'll probably wait and get Kenny's hat on Ebay later or something.

Fanbase for years: "PLZ TELLTALE GIVE US MERCH WE WILL BUY LITERALLY ANYTHING IT DOESNT MATTER THE COST" Fanbase once Skybound offers plethora of awesome merch: "WOW WAT A SCAM DO THEY THINK I HAVE MONEY TO SPEND OR SOMETHING GOOD GOD"

• Personally i think these packs are too expensive

While they are expensive and overpriced, that’s kinda the point. We all know Skybound lost profits for saving the last 2 episodes of TFS so I think these collectors packs are completely fair for those who are really into the series, they aren’t meant for everyone.

iFoRias posted: »

Fanbase for years: "PLZ TELLTALE GIVE US MERCH WE WILL BUY LITERALLY ANYTHING IT DOESNT MATTER THE COST" I've never said that "i wou

• Signature edition was sold out within hours, maybe sooner.

What?!? How the hell is the Signature Edition already sold out? It's been less than a day since it was announced. Damnit, I was going to get it, too.

• edited April 2019

Yeah paying an extra $100 just to have your poster autographed is fucking absurd but my point still stands. This isn't meant to be an economy offering of the cheapest deals Skybound could muster.... it's meant for hardcore fans and collectors and also as a way for Skybound to recoup some of the costs that they sank into finishing TFS when they didn't have to. I am happy to pay a little extra for the cool merch and I also consider it my way of saying thanks to Skybound.

If you don't want it then don't buy it but beating a dead horse over the pricing is just fucking annoying and isn't going to change a single thing.

iFoRias posted: »

Fanbase for years: "PLZ TELLTALE GIVE US MERCH WE WILL BUY LITERALLY ANYTHING IT DOESNT MATTER THE COST" I've never said that "i wou

• I’m staring at my Switch, looking back at the announcement and then staring at my Switch again.

I might go for the PS4 or PC one but my gaming time has completely changed now and I really would have loved to see it on the Switch for handiness. It has a decent user base now too so I wonder if it’s not capable of running the improvements all that well, given the previous collection didn’t come out for it either.

Would love that Lee and Clem figure but not sure my bank balance loves it as much as I do. Yep, there are reasons it’s an expensive set but it IS an expensive set. Still, I’m very happy Skybound are putting this out, hopefully sorting some of those issues that came with the previous collection and maybe making back some money on it too. And that cover artwork with the four Clems is lovely.

• edited April 2019

Hehe tru. I might buy the statue edition cos I realllllyyy need it. Would be nice if they threw an official Clementine hat in there as well to sweeten the deal, but I’ll take what I’m offered I guess

• Seems like a Switch version is a possibility.

• Cool. Somewhat encouraging that it hasn’t been ruled out. I’d love it on Switch.

• OH HELL YE

Kent confirmed the game will be sold separately at some point.

• They already sell a Clementine hat in their online store :P

Melton23 posted: »

Hehe tru. I might buy the statue edition cos I realllllyyy need it. Would be nice if they threw an official Clementine hat in there as well to sweeten the deal, but I’ll take what I’m offered I guess

• I want it with the other stuff tho for no added cost ?

They already sell a Clementine hat in their online store :P

• Ahem.

Well?

Will individuals who bought the initial collection receive a discount? I know I did not pay full price in a Sony sale, but still... How many times do they want me to purchase this game on PS4?

• Wow Poogs alright didn't know that the Kenny hat wasn't worth money. If only there was a TFTBL Collector's Edition. Idk, the cheapest bundle seems worth it. 60 dollars for 5 seasons, plus all the other upgrades, art gallery, 3D model viewer with playable voicelines, the thing is someone can just make a long video on youtube that showcases all of that content. But of course all of this is for true Skybound supporters. Of course we don't know exactly how much it costs to make all of the items and if it leads to the price of the Guardian Pack, but yeah I don't know why people bother with the Signature Pack. Unless they're going to resell the signed posters or some shit.

Poogers555 posted: »

Honestly yeah, its a bit of a scam, the only thing in there worth the money is the statue, but its locked behind a second price tear instead

• They keep going on about lighting but we all know how lighting went last time.. completely ruined the Walking Dead feel and generally looked horrible imo. They have to keep the colour and the darkness and just improve upon things like sunlight.

Yeah my main issue is 100% how the collection came out. Seems like all they will do is the lighting again, all models and polygon and textur

• No there's no way you'll get a discount

Ahem. Well?

• It should look much darker with the new art style. Lighting itself wasn't much of a problem. It's just certain scenes that suffered from it because the shadows in the original release were more often than not just part if the textures with the exception of the characters. The Collection changed that and made it so that shadows were actually kind of dynamic, which was never the intent when the textures were created.

Ghetsis posted: »

They keep going on about lighting but we all know how lighting went last time.. completely ruined the Walking Dead feel and generally looked horrible imo. They have to keep the colour and the darkness and just improve upon things like sunlight.

• I went straight from the Final Season into a replay of the first season and, honestly, I think the first season still looks great. Not sure I need any rendering or lighting improvements and also not sure about this graphic black thing because the visuals weren’t designed for it. Curious as to how this will turn out though.

• With this Disco Broccoli plush on the way, I kinda hope they do the others later on, lol.

• lmao. Don't go changin', fanbase.

• ¡No es justo!

No there's no way you'll get a discount

• The Kenny hat to me is a bit annoying. Kenny's hat doesnt really have an iconic look to it like Clem's hat, and for some reason we still cant buy Clem's hat anywhere.

What I find annoying about the Kenny hat thing is because its in there because they didnt put it in game like they said they would, so instead they want you to pay 100 bucks to have a cheaply made Kenny hat. The main reason people wanted Kenny's hat in the game is because for one it "tailors the experience" if AJ wore it, but he doesnt, it works as a reminder of our choices, makes the game feel more personal, and finally because theres no pay off to Kenny asking Clem to make AJ where his hat when hes older. A lot of people wanted that pay off of AJ wearing Kenny's hat but nope, just forgotten, please give us 100 dollars for compensation, and that compensation not even being what you actually wanted.

Wow Poogs alright didn't know that the Kenny hat wasn't worth money. If only there was a TFTBL Collector's Edition. Idk, the cheapest bundle

• Something random I thought was interesting; The Lee and Clem statue looks like it's based off their S4 models

• Yeah they mentioned that in the video if I remember correctly.

Cdognkal2 posted: »

Something random I thought was interesting; The Lee and Clem statue looks like it's based off their S4 models

• Wonder what sort of weird bugs this collection will unearth.

• Dude you can literally buy Clementines hat from Skybounds online store, it's been available for months already ???

The Kenny hat to me is a bit annoying. Kenny's hat doesnt really have an iconic look to it like Clem's hat, and for some reason we still can

• Skybound cares about Walking Dead. They patched ep.3 and 4. They're not gonna spend money and release something shit. I have faith

DabigRG posted: »

Wonder what sort of weird bugs this collection will unearth.

• Not what I meant, but if you say so.

Skybound cares about Walking Dead. They patched ep.3 and 4. They're not gonna spend money and release something shit. I have faith

• hold the F UP

Dude you can literally buy Clementines hat from Skybounds online store, it's been available for months already ???

• All of the Clem hats made have been ugly imo

The Kenny hat to me is a bit annoying. Kenny's hat doesnt really have an iconic look to it like Clem's hat, and for some reason we still can

• I don't think the definitive edition will have any bugs. They posted a list of all the things they were going to touch up on. Skybound won't cut corners on this project.

DabigRG posted: »

Not what I meant, but if you say so.

• Wrong color too. Dark purple is what we need, not blue

All of the Clem hats made have been ugly imo

• Giphy isn't working/loading properly for some reason, so here's a video and an explanatory link.

I don't think the definitive edition will have any bugs. They posted a list of all the things they were going to touch up on. Skybound won't cut corners on this project.

• VIOLET!!!

Wrong color too. Dark purple is what we need, not blue

Sign in to comment in this discussion.