Episode 4 Review

Did the last episode end on a high note, or did it sink the ship?

God bless everyone.

Tagged:

Comments

• I guess in my mind James tried to take AJ because he knew killing one to potentially save many was the most morally acceptable choice.

• Still though, it was too much of a flip. Like he really thought AJ would be cool living with him and he'd be able to stop him from turning into a psychopath (he'd have to be able to keep him there first). It just felt to much like (we need James gone so let's have try to take AJ from Clem).

Thank you for the comment.

God bless you.

Melton23 posted: »

I guess in my mind James tried to take AJ because he knew killing one to potentially save many was the most morally acceptable choice.

• edited April 2019

I remember back when episode 1 released and I tried convincing everyone that AJ was a sociopath, and I had almost the entire forum attacking my ass because of it. Does the line “I liked killing her” prove my point now, people? Y’all probably feel a little stupid, now, don’tcha ??

But really, what else could they have done with James? Some people may say “you can’t blame the budget on everything” but we’ll...yeah, you can...telltale could barely afford to add new animations, hence why we see the same animations reused over and over and over, never mind having 2 determinant characters appear throughout the entirety of an episode and having all of those fancy story branches that Detroit: become human had, because it just wasn’t doable for telltale. I really wish they did more with James and Lilly, but if you look at it realistically, there really wasn’t much that could have been done, especially considering a bit of the episode was written while the company was dying and was saved by another company that was brand new. In short, blame Bruner, not the writers, because it wasn’t there fault that they needed to make a few cutbacks.

Still though, it was too much of a flip. Like he really thought AJ would be cool living with him and he'd be able to stop him from turning

• I understand that, but still, I think it would have been better for James to have just left. Like left disappointed instead of trying to take AJ. That wouldn't have cost them anymore and I think it would have been better than what happened. You could have simply had a conversation between him and Clem where he could explain his disappointment.

I remember back when episode 1 released and I tried convincing everyone that AJ was a sociopath, and I had almost the entire forum attacking

• The ship already sunk in Broken Toys.

• The idea is that he blamed Clementeen for teaching him to be that way and thus was gonna take him away from her in an attempt to salvage him while there's still time.

I guess in my mind James tried to take AJ because he knew killing one to potentially save many was the most morally acceptable choice.

• edited April 2019

I’m aware of this. Well, this and that he was going to kill AJ before it was too late for other potential victims

DabigRG posted: »

The idea is that he blamed Clementeen for teaching him to be that way and thus was gonna take him away from her in an attempt to salvage him while there's still time.

• Oh, you're that thing, huh?

I’m aware of this. Well, this and that he was going to kill AJ before it was too late for other potential victims

• I don't think he was going to kill AJ. He said it's not too late for him so I think he was planning on raising him to not be violent or something like that.

• "I remember back when episode 1 released and I tried convincing everyone that AJ was a sociopath, and I had almost the entire forum attacking my ass because of it. Does the line “I liked killing her” prove my point now, people? Y’all probably feel a little stupid, now, don’tcha ??"

Yeah, I did a video on whether he was Ben(comics) or Carl(comics). He can end up being like either it seems depending on your choices.

I remember back when episode 1 released and I tried convincing everyone that AJ was a sociopath, and I had almost the entire forum attacking

Sign in to comment in this discussion.