Character Bios: Abel

I just feel like they could have done more with him.

God bless everyone.

Comments

• Oh, Abel. He was kind of a fun secondary villain and arguably the best villain of TFS.

I wouldn't say he was a flipflopper, but you're right that once again messed a bit with the feel of a character/plotpoint. They prioritized him getting thrown out the window in Episode 2, resulting in him seldom using that arm as well as how he seems to be oddly hostile about Clementeen to the point that he told Lilith shouldn't cooperate with their group.

As for him being a wasted character, yeah, that sorta comes with the territory. Okay, maybe he's not quite that bad, but his introduction was one that got you thinking about his allegiances or possible lack thereof. I know I planned to do a couple of FA/MO on him myself, such as with his reintroduction since it's just as odd there.

You are also not off on him simply dealing with the way things are now, as the general vibe with his character is that he just got used to what they have to do now and failed to realize just how violent surviving is for the Delta. His reaction in Episode 3 is supposed to be a serious shakeup for him since it was undeniable at that point.

Fun fact: He, alongside the rest of the Delta and the twins, was not in the original premise for TFS.

• Thanks, very detailed. So what was the original premise?

God bless you.

DabigRG posted: »

Oh, Abel. He was kind of a fun secondary villain and arguably the best villain of TFS. I wouldn't say he was a flipflopper, but you're ri

• The school was supposed to get burned down and Clementeen, Marlon(?) & Rosie, Violet, Louis,Tenn, and James were going on a round country trip to find a new home and track down whoever has AJ.
    At least that's a sum of what I've heard.

Thanks, very detailed. So what was the original premise? God bless you.

• So some group was supposed to burn down the place and take AJ?

The school was supposed to get burned down and Clementeen, Marlon(?) & Rosie, Violet, Louis,Tenn, and James were going on a round country trip to find a new home and track down whoever has AJ. At least that's a sum of what I've heard.

• Apparently.
    Now that you mentioned it, that cancelled DLC was gonna have time spent at McCaroll Ranch, so I suppose there is no reason to think AJ would've been missing from the start.

So some group was supposed to burn down the place and take AJ?

• I kinda wish we did have spent at McCaroll's Ranch. Seemed a bit rushed to have her bum rush the place and kill at least 2 people to get to AJ.

Apparently. Now that you mentioned it, that cancelled DLC was gonna have time spent at McCaroll Ranch, so I suppose there is no reason to think AJ would've been missing from the start.

• Yeah, that sequence is essentially the scraps of what was to be.
    That horse she was riding, for example, was supposed to have a name and carried her throughout her journey to McCaroll, which makes me wonder if the DLC was cancelled before From the Gallows was thrown out the door.
    Plus they put Eddie from 400 Days as an inside joke.

I kinda wish we did have spent at McCaroll's Ranch. Seemed a bit rushed to have her bum rush the place and kill at least 2 people to get to AJ.

• Whose next for character bios?

• Lilly or James since they could both die the same episode.

God bless you.

Whose next for character bios?

• They never did explain where she got the horse from. I mean she was walking from ANF and then rode in on a horse.

Yeah, that sequence is essentially the scraps of what was to be. That horse she was riding, for example, was supposed to have a name and c

• Exactly.
    Makes me wonder if they would've had her get her in ANF had they fully known the DLC wouldn't happen.

They never did explain where she got the horse from. I mean she was walking from ANF and then rode in on a horse.

• Also wasn't that supposed to be close to them? It seems like it took her a while to get there.

Exactly. Makes me wonder if they would've had her get her in ANF had they fully known the DLC wouldn't happen.

• Sorta. You know how them retcons and backpedals be.

It's worth noting that ANF itself has her cross a bridge amongst others things, though.

Also wasn't that supposed to be close to them? It seems like it took her a while to get there.

• Just rewatched some of the ANF footage and the doctor said the ranch wasn't far so, she got a horse, and found out the Richmond was a war zone in that short amount of time?

Sorta. You know how them retcons and backpedals be. It's worth noting that ANF itself has her cross a bridge amongst others things, though.

• Again, them backpedals.

Just rewatched some of the ANF footage and the doctor said the ranch wasn't far so, she got a horse, and found out the Richmond was a war zone in that short amount of time?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.