The Walking Dead: Definitive Edition Discussion

Comments

• Dont do it. Unless you havent played last season then u can think about it.

God damn it, I really don't know if I should buy it. I mean the graphics and everything look great and it would be cool to have all the seas

• Kinda like me.

Bruno113 posted: »

Dont do it. Unless you havent played last season then u can think about it.

• Here's the PS4 pre-order dynamic theme.
    Pretty cool, nostalgic even. I don't recognise the song however. Is this some original composition, or one cut from the games?

• It may have played somewhere.
    Its basically just Clementine's theme.

AChicken posted: »

Here's the PS4 pre-order dynamic theme. Pretty cool, nostalgic even. I don't recognise the song however. Is this some original composition, or one cut from the games?

• I believe the song played during the episode 3 Lee flashback

Here's the PS4 pre-order dynamic theme. Pretty cool, nostalgic even. I don't recognise the song however. Is this some original composition, or one cut from the games?

• edited August 2019

According to Skybound the ps4 dynamic theme is for digital preorders. Those who preordered the physical version, will get other physical goodies. I'm not sure if the other physical goodies they're talking about, are the ones that's already known about, or it's something else. And of it's something else, will it also be included for those that preordered the protector, guardian, and signature packs, or it's just for those that preorder the standalone physical version of the game.

I would like that clem sitting on her treehouse as a wallpaper in 4k for my desktop background tho.

• If the physical goodies are something else, they will definetly be included in the collectors editions, since they also come with the physical standalone game.

MintBlue92 posted: »

According to Skybound the ps4 dynamic theme is for digital preorders. Those who preordered the physical version, will get other physical goo

• edited August 2019

I don't know, something me it's just for those who preorder the standalone physical version, but if it's also included with the collectors editon, that would be awesome. The other thing is, they were talking about the ps4, not sure if xbox one owners will get it or not, and for pc it's digital only. There is no standalone physical copy of the game for pc.

GSSalvador posted: »

If the physical goodies are something else, they will definetly be included in the collectors editions, since they also come with the physical standalone game.

• edited August 2019

DP

• Bruh.... if this isn’t included with the 250 dollar collectors edition I bought I’m gonna be pissed. That is the coolest PS4 theme I’ve ever seen.

• edited August 2019

It reads to me like the content included in the physical edition will be similar to what is included in, like, a Rockstar or Bethesda game. They always put in the maps of their games into the physical case.

I'd guess we'll get something like that. Something small.

I don't know, something me it's just for those who preorder the standalone physical version, but if it's also included with the collectors e

• I kinda doubt that Skybound will include the theme in any of the physical pre-order versions, given that they said the Collector's Editions get a bunch of physical goodies with their purchase instead.

And the theme is only avaliable for PS4. I don't know if XBOne has customizable menu backgrounds, but I've never heard of any, least of all Telltale Walking Dead related. (PS4 is the only version that has ever gotten free Telltale pre-order backgrounds -- Walking Dead S1 on PS3, MCSM S2, Guardians of the Galaxy, TWD: Collection)

The good news is that Skybound has teased that they might release this PS4 theme for seperate purchase after release, but we'll need to wait for more info on that. Hopefully it doesn't take as long as The Collection theme... That was a really good one, one that I use a lot.

I don't know, something me it's just for those who preorder the standalone physical version, but if it's also included with the collectors e

• I just became aware of the Definitive Edition recently. I was getting excited about all the improvements until I looked at the screenshots and trailer. The new art style is horrible. Like, they've made an old game look so much worse, somehow. Makes my decision to not pick this up pretty easy, I guess?

Is there graphic improvements for the original art style, and can you switch between the two? Or is the Definitive Edition just the new art style only?

• I received an Amazon voucher for my birthday, so I paid twenty pounds instead of forty, lol. I have purchased the games several times though. To answer your question: you can switch between the two art styles; it is just a dynamic effect. 😊

Joonlar posted: »

I just became aware of the Definitive Edition recently. I was getting excited about all the improvements until I looked at the screenshots a

• Good. In that case I'm interested to see comparisons between Original vs Definitive both in original art styles. If the graphical improvement is substantial then I may purchase this.

• Enjoy. 🤘

Good. In that case I'm interested to see comparisons between Original vs Definitive both in original art styles. If the graphical improvement is substantial then I may purchase this.

• Pretty much this, feels like they didnt try. "Just throw on the new filter fuck it." is what it feels like.

Some parts look nice, others are just "How can you possibly think that looks better?"

I just became aware of the Definitive Edition recently. I was getting excited about all the improvements until I looked at the screenshots a

• Are you going to buy it?

Poogers555 posted: »

Pretty much this, feels like they didnt try. "Just throw on the new filter fuck it." is what it feels like. Some parts look nice, others are just "How can you possibly think that looks better?"

• edited August 2019

@GSSalvador

It reads to me like the content included in the physical edition will be similar to what is included in, like, a Rockstar or Bethesda game. They always put in the maps of their games into the physical case.
    I'd guess we'll get something like that. Something small.

Any physical goodies they going to add with the physical version of the game is fine with me. A physical copy of the map Marlon gave to Clem, will be awesome.

@AChicken

I kinda doubt that Skybound will include the theme in any of the physical pre-order versions, given that they said the Collector's Editions get a bunch of physical goodies with their purchase instead.
    And the theme is only avaliable for PS4. I don't know if XBOne has customizable menu backgrounds, but I've never heard of any, least of all Telltale Walking Dead related. (PS4 is the only version that has ever gotten free Telltale pre-order backgrounds -- Walking Dead S1 on PS3, MCSM S2, Guardians of the Galaxy, TWD: Collection)
    The good news is that Skybound has teased that they might release this PS4 theme for seperate purchase after release, but we'll need to wait for more info on that. Hopefully it doesn't take as long as The Collection theme... That was a really good one, one that I use a lot.

What skybound can do is email redeem code for those who preorder the physical copy of the game. I believe PS4 supports dynamic backgrounds, while the Xbox doesn't. I don't own either consoles so that theme really doesn't matter to me. Windows used to support dynamic theme just like the PS4 back in the old days called Dream Scene. Now it needs a 3rd party program to do it.
    I do wish Skybound would include a close up shot of Clementine sitting on her tree house just like in that PS4 theme, as a Windows wallpaper.

I posted this in fan art

Here are some others

• Wait for real you can actually switch between them? I don't remember reading about that.

I received an Amazon voucher for my birthday, so I paid twenty pounds instead of forty, lol. I have purchased the games several times though. To answer your question: you can switch between the two art styles; it is just a dynamic effect. 😊

• About 2 weeks ago or so. Skybound was selling the definitive edition for $34.99.

• Yes, I read it on their Twitter page because someone asked if one can filter around.

Ghetsis posted: »

Wait for real you can actually switch between them? I don't remember reading about that.

• I still have not played the final season, so this will be the first time.

• a track from the Music Player has been teased.

"Roshambo"

• The hell?
    Is that Law and Order or something?

a track from the Music Player has been teased. "Roshambo"

• WTH? This soundtrack reminds me a lot of Resident Evil.

• Spooky

• This first played when Wyatt goes into the field to save that cop.

• I'm not going to hear any of them until I get my collection pack.

• edited August 2019

When did they tease the PS4 theme being a separate purchase?

Edit: Nvm I found the tweet

I kinda doubt that Skybound will include the theme in any of the physical pre-order versions, given that they said the Collector's Editions

• edited August 2019

As we near the release of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series on September 10th, we're sneaking you more peeks at the special digital bonus content! Check out this amazing moment from Clementine herself, phenomenal voice actress Melissa Hutchison, captured right after her last session in those well-worn shoes.

(part of me is not entirely pleased that they're going to be showing some sneak peeks to the Docushort before release, considering it's arriving so soon -- and might be, well, "short"... but another part of me is too eager to watch!)

• ... man, that is sad to watch

As we near the release of The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series on September 10th, we're sneaking you more peeks at the special d

• This ''Definitive Version'' will come to Steam some day or next year ? Or is it forever exclusive to Epic Crap Store ?

• Pretty much all games are gonna be on steam eventually

This ''Definitive Version'' will come to Steam some day or next year ? Or is it forever exclusive to Epic Crap Store ?

• This music is already on Youtube so i don't really see the point of this unless i'm missing something.

• edited August 2019

Pretty much this.

And what's the point of improving S1 and S2 when these two seasons don't need to be improved in the first fucking place. and S3 still looks like shit even with the improvements anyway i swear this game is unsalvageable lmao

Pretty much this, feels like they didnt try. "Just throw on the new filter fuck it." is what it feels like. Some parts look nice, others are just "How can you possibly think that looks better?"

• wish i had cash for all this shit but a bitch is poor :'(

• top 10 bruh moments

iFoRias posted: »

Pretty much this. And what's the point of improving S1 and S2 when these two seasons don't need to be improved in the first fucking place. and S3 still looks like shit even with the improvements anyway i swear this game is unsalvageable lmao

• The hell?

top 10 bruh moments

• Telltale's remaster logic = make characters darker, make the background lighter

top 10 bruh moments

Sign in to comment in this discussion.